Wednesday 1 March 2017

The Great Escape pt.1



--- Phoenix Headquaters ---

*3:30 am. The majority of Phoenix’s base is silent, the faint, shaky steps of someone can be heard, fading into silence. They slip passed a hall and head towards an unused section of the building, towards an exit. The meeting place that had been appointed some weeks earlier.*

Agent N: …. So, he didn’t show… its…. a shame.

*She sighs, turning on her communicator, downloding maps and attempting to ring a number. The line goes dead and she begins to set off but then is halted by a familiar voice.*

Lorenzo: It was difficult not to draw attention. I assumed you would prefer that our meeting wasn’t interrupted by Phoenix agents. Or have you decided against your little ultimatum?

*She looked at him with tired eyes, reshifting her bag and checking her weapon, before answering.

Agent N: Does it matter….? What are the chances of me actually making it back in one piece, anyway? I mean, look at me. Your boys did quite a number on me, I must say. Ha...ha.. The numbers between 1-10%, by the way, but it doesn't matter now. I’m just your guide. Pandora is waiting just a few miles out.

Lorenzo: Your ‘optimism’ is noted, but I happen to hate carrying useless baggage. Therefore it seems that I will make sure you won't be useless. I already told you that those people did what they wanted on their own. I had no decision in the matter, considering I told you to keep a low profile multiple times. But, that is neither here nor there. We’re not here to argue.

*Despite his usual gruffness, Lorenzo inwardly was still not entirely pleased by the situation* you still typing or should i go? Ok :P Ah, sorry. yt

Lorenzo [Inner Thoughts]: I have no intention of staying with Pandora, any more that I can stay with Phoenix. We, as Phoenix, banded together, hoping for freedom from the whims of gods, but even they….I need to see for myself, is all, to make my mind up about what I should do from here. Though N has already washed her hands of me. I truly have no reason to stay. What comes next…..

Lorenzo: Lead the way, then, before we attract any attention.

A low rumble can be hurt as phenix agent epoch the area. The pitter patter of these steps increasing as they get ever closer.

Agent N: …. Seems your friends are here to crash out party… let's go.

Phenix agent 1: Sir where are you going!!!

Phenix agent 2: Sir have you betrayed us what is she doing with you!!!

Agent N : dam.

Lorenzo: No, I haven’t betrayed anything. I have a lead that I’m currently following, which needs her to show the way. I’m not risking you on something that might be a false lead. If all goes well, then we’ll have an advantage. If not...well, one buried soldier is better than a dozen.  

Lorenzo [Inner Thoughts]: It’s not truly a lie. I am still working for the freedom of humanity. Phoenix are still my people. I’m doing it for them. I have to. Because these people don’t know the truth yet, and I have to give them that, lest they end up crushed under the will of another god. The higher ups might be in the know, but these people are not guilty.

*Tossing something to the closest Agent, he turned away*

Lorenzo: Listen for me. If this ends in my death, then that is my gift to you. If I die, use it well.

*Tasting blood at the back of her mouth, she utters*

Agent N: are you done having your mother meeting of shall we be off? As you can see im a busy woman… were on a schedule and i rather not miss it.

*Looking over the agents, he nods respectfully*

Lorenzo: Take care. *turning to N* Let’s go.

Agent N: About time. Unlike you, I was not born with the divine blood that slows my aging process…. Be damn near fifty by the time we get to our location.

*She takes one shaky step after another, trying to steady herself as she walks, attempting making her injured state look unnoticeable as she can. Lorenzo huffed before scooping her up and stalking in the direction she had been aiming towards.*

Lorenzo: Don’t complain. Just point the direction we’re going in. Since I have so called ‘divine blood’ it might as well be put to some use.

Agent N: I can walk just fine…. Put me down.

Lorenzo: Suck it up. We’ll get there faster.

Agent N: Asshole. Never listening to what I say… *Mutters* How we ever got together, I don’t know.

*N pulls out her communicator and a GPS sparks to life, pointing to their direction. And a secret root to there destination. *

Lorenzo: Very well. Hang on tight.

*With that, they set off, silently making their way through the dense forest to begin their journey.*

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment