Tuesday 14 March 2017

Love and War Pt 1




--- Battlefield, Unknown location ---

*The skirmish against the enemy had not been going quite as planned. A smaller team, being lead by the Child, had organised a raid against the enemy, in order to prevent resources from arriving at their original destinations. However, various complications had occurred. Despite performing their duties, they had unfortunately crossed paths with some of the enemy troops and forced to flee, in order to get wounded and pilfered resources and weaponry away.*

*Upon fleeing, they had managed to separate out those chasing after the team, the fastest reaching first and could be cut down, rather than them being overpowered by numbers. However, they still needed to get rid of the main group that was still on their tails, having realised that separation was what the team had been hoping for, and many of the team were tiring*

Child: Archer, move to the higher ground and cover the escape of the wounded and those with resources. I only need you to hold them off for a little while. *clenching their fist* I had been hoping to keep this quiet for now, but our team’s safety is a priority.

Archer: Understood!

*As the troop quickly flees, the archer quickly jumps on top of a building that had been almost reduced to rubble, firing quick arrows against the enemy, while the Child begins preparing their secret attack*

*For a brief second, the child’s archer pauses. A small bell sounds tinkles closer to the child, before two booming shot are fired. In the enemy's direction, a hooded figure slowly approached the child*

‘Hooded Stranger’:  You really should only use ‘that’ as a last result. Using it now wouldn't be as effective as you think. So, why not use me as a tool? I’m here to test my abilities in battle anyway. Master?

*For a moment, the Child seems stunned, before closing their eyes, a smirk playing on their face.*

Child:...Heh….Very well then. I hope to see your power in action, then. *Opening their eyes, expression determined.* Try not to show the enemy too much. But if you do….make sure there’s none left to tell about it.

‘Hooded Stranger’: Sir!

*With that, the Hooded Figure set to work, jumping into the enemy lines, quickly braking though the first wave of attacks,  a few sparks of light escapes the boy attire before he falls back*

Archer: Sir, who or what is that? Are they our ally?

Child: *smiling* Indeed, yes. Still, Use this time wisely and make sure to get yourself to safety along with the rest of the troup. Our ally and myself will cover your escape and catch up to you. As you can see, our friend has it covered.

*After a while, the hooded figure returns, limping slightly, staff and lantern in hand, slowly making their way in the direction that the Child’s men were headed*

Hooded stranger:  Damn, I think I over did it. Stubborn bastards wouldn't die.

*Wincing slightly, due to the scratches from his fight*

Hooded Stranger: I hope they don’t scar. A lady shouldn't have scars on her body. Eep! What if he hate me for it? Oh no!!!

Child: P-Pft!

*Chuckling ever so slightly at what the Hooded ‘stranger’s’ concerns actually were, the Child strides forwards and in a quick movement, scoops the stranger into their arms*

Child: Ah, my hero, I certainly don’t believe that the scars would be offputting, even if you were to gain them. I believe that the fact you are here is far more important. And that you are not seriously harmed. Still, if you don’t mind baring with the pain a little while longer, then I am certain that our camp healers will make sure your skin remain unmarked.

Hooded Stranger: Ah, yes my-

*The Hooded ‘Stranger’ catches himself before he lets the words slip*

Hooded Stranger: Yes Sir! U-um only if it doesn't affect the morale of you and your men, then… then i shall accompany you for now.

Child: *Smiling* Oh, believe me, your presence certainly would not cause any drop in morale to the soldiers. I do believe that, when those in command are happy, the men often feel happy as well. After all, you helped save the lives of the injured and allowed them to escape with our objective complete. Yes, indeed, you will certainly be welcomed.

*Not bothering to put down the ‘Stranger’, the Child quickly races off, leaving their enemies bodies behind.*

*A few hour pass and they reach camp. The child slowly lowers the hooded stranger to their feet, and the stranger lets down their hood*

Hooded Stranger: So this is camp Master? Its rather…. Vulnerable from what i can see, you really should….

*For a short while the Stranger begins to talk making suggestions, before catching themselves and slowly looking at the child, and apologizing for running their mouth.*

Child: If this was our main camp, I would agree. However, for now this is temporary, as we are to pack up and move quickly. Not to mention, that just because you can see where we are, doesn’t mean the enemy can. *Smirking* Do you believe that I wouldn’t have considered such things. Silly, if I left this place entirely vulnerable, then we would either have died a long time ago, or I would have stepped down as a leader. Still, if you are with us long enough to reach the main camp, you are welcome to give the strategists a talking to if you believe those to be unsuitable.

Stranger: Yes, of course, Master. If it is your wish, Then I will follow you to the ends of the earth… as long as you don’t tire of me, that is.

*the stranger smiles happily*

Child: You know that I could never tire of you. Ah, if we were alone….But for now, to the healer. Once your wounds are healed, we can speak more. *They smile fondly* I think we have much to talk about, and I would like to hear how things have been since we last spoke. *winking* once you’re sure that you don’t need to worry about my being upset over scars, of course. *Laughing gently*

Stranger: W-WELL AS A WOMAN, I SHOULDN'T HAVE SCARS *pout* Aunt V said that a woman’s skin should be flawless, or men won’t look their way *sulk*

Child: Ah, but you already have my attention. Whether you had scars or not, you are still my everything. And besides, would you say that your Aunt A was unattractive, despite also leading people in this war?

Stranger: But I intend to keep your eyes on me, and only on me, when you’re not involved in war. Not to mention that the more the goddesses age, the more beautiful they become. In comparison, I’m still an ugly duckling

*The stranger sulks more this time, befor a booming voice echoes around the medical tent*

Doctor: What an interesting conversation you both seem to be having. May I cut in to check on the last of my patients? I must say, she’s a bit of a strange one, am I right? What’s her name, Master?

Child: Ah, strange ‘she’ might be, but I believe that I happen to like strange over a porcelain doll. After all, I find that that is far, far more interesting than any pretty face with no personality. I’d rather have both. Even with scars or otherwise, since it just gives me something else to keep my eyes on.

*They wink to the ‘Stranger’, knowingly. After all, the Child certainly was not about to leave the Stranger thinking ill of themselves, when they were their whole world. That said, they fully turn their attention to the Doctor and nudges the ‘Stranger’ into the Doctor’s care.*

Child: Do you not recognise the hero of the day, my dear doctor? I’m a little surprised. Even I knew who my shining angel hero is. Though perhaps I am biased and could never mistake who they are, no matter how they grow, or how beautiful they become.

*The Stranger turns to face the Child, their face dyed red as they do so*

Stranger: M-master, you talk too much, a-and you really-

*The Boy’s words are cut short, only to be picked up by the doctor*

Doctor: Oh, is this the little master that is always beside you? Wow, you’ve grown so much in the past year and a half! I barely recognised you!!!

Boy: Y-yes, Doctor, time will do that to you, hahaha. Oh, before they get worse, please can you heal me? Despite what they say, I rather not have scars. So, if you could…?

Doctor: Yes, yes hold still.

*With those words the doctor raised his hands and casts his healing spell, after a while the child and the boy set off.*

Child: Aesthetics aside, it is something of a shame that you prefer not to have a hint of scars. It might have given me reason to find more things to kiss. *they cuckle softly, before the mischief fades and their smile becomes fond, warm* I must displease you in appearence, then. I’m afraid even we gods are not unscathed in this war.

Boy: … You’re always handsome, whether asleep, awake, scared or not, I’ve never been able to take my eyes away from you. You’re like a work of art, you even make the flowers jealous. So that’s the last thing I want to hear from you… silly.

Child: Ah, but as a woman, am I not supposed to be unscarred? *They chuckle* Well, I suppose for someone like myself, it is something that can be hidden, if I felt a change of form were in order. Still, Much as you wish not to hear such depreciating talk from me, I wish not to hear it from you, either. You’re perfect to me, after all. Awake or asleep, scarred or not. You are the only one that I would ever look at.

*The Child smiles more.*

Child: Ah, but that you came as you did, like an avenging angel. You certainly know how to make an entrance. I may have fallen for you all over again.

Boy: Ack…. Throwing my words back at me, huh? Hahahaha, well I was late to the party, so I thought I get your attention that way. But I was a bit hasty and got a little scratched up. But it was worth it, just to see you in person. My Lo- …..Master. Sorry, I keep almost letting it slip, hahaha

Child: That you’re trying is still more than you may have done when we were last truely together. Perhaps we should speak in private, so you don’t need to worry about it for now? We can use the strategy tent to speak. After all, I hope to hear of your training that has made you so strong in such a short time.

*Without it looking too strange, the child leans a little closer as they lift the flap of the tent for the Boy to enter*

Child: *whispering* I also wish to spend a little time as myself, rather than as commander.

*The boy blushes, darting into the tent, trying to calm himself before speaking to the child again*

Boy: When we get to the main camp… I’ll let you see ‘exactly’ what fruits my training has raised. If you are indeed interested.

Child: Of course I’m interested. Indeed, I have missed so much, even with your furry companion’s help. And you know I would wish to hear anything about you.

Boy: W-well... um... Oh! I have a message from Aunty A - well, it's more of a battle strategy. To end this phase of the war, when we get back to the main camp, we’ll need to address the rest of those in your command. She said that if all goes to plan, you should be able to come home in six months, give or take, with little casualties.

Child: Indeed? I shouldn’t be surprised. A certainly is one of the best strategists around, even greater than several god’s of war. Even H, sometimes, though….well….H has his own methods. But if A’s strategy goes as planned….It would certainly be a source of hope for us all

Boy: Exactly, even that woman thinks so. If I can trouble you for the next few months, then I'll be able to help implement the strategy.  That is if i’m not overstepping my bounds… I know I’m still a foot soldier, but I know this plan better than anyone, and I’m good at countering enemy attack patterns, so I know I can help you, if you let me.

*The boy looks at the Child, his eyes hold an unwavering confidence.*

Child: Foot soldier or not, if you have a strategy that could help us through this, especially due to your training, then we would be foolish commanders not to listen. You are certainly better suited to reiterate A’s thoughts on the matter. As long as you speak in respect - as you always do when it is serious - I see no reason for anyone to disregard your words.

Boy: Thank you, my love. I’ll do my best to explain my case.

*Nodding in agreement, they spend the few remaining hours of sunlight discussing the battle strategy, before returning to the sleeping tents.*

Boy: Which way to the tents for soldiers? Should I join them?

Child: As much as I really, really want to say no….. *Sighing sadly* It would be for the best. We’re not yet at main camp, and must be ready to move quickly, not tire ourselves out. We’ll arrange a bed for you. We move out in the morning. Ready to join this war?

Boy: Yes Master…. Hey, what do you mean tire ourselves out!?!?

Child: *Amused, but purposefully doesn’t reply* Tents are that way.

*Before leaving, the boy looks around, making sure no one is in sight, before wrapping their arms around the child, breathing in their scent*

Boy: Well, good night then

*The boy quietly kisses the child and begins to pulls away, however, the Child quickly pulled him in for just a little longer, giving him a desperate hug, showing just how much he had truly been missed, even if the Child had otherwise been able to hide the intensity of their feeling*

Child: I missed you so much…..

*Taking a shaky breath, they give a quick kiss, and slowly released the boy once more*

Child: Goodnight

Boy: Wait for me. It's only a few hours till sunrise. I’ll…. I’ll be by your side from then on. Just wait ‘til then.

*With that the boy turns to leave smiling sadly, before putting on his hood and walking into one of the tents. The Child watches them go*

Child: I’ll wait forever. Always.

*Taking a deep breath, the Child strides towards his own tent. He had some things to do before the next day. Yet despite this, tomorrow couldn’t come soon enough.*

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment