Monday 6 June 2016

We’ll Always have BubbleTea


Tara: ...Well...Last week was….interesting…?


Nadia: If by interesting you mean tiring, depressing and downright annoying!!!!! +.+


Tara: Um….partly. I mean, there was good parts too it, if you don’t count….uh...the weekend? Mostly?


Nadia:... I’m getting too old for this shit! Next time we go to a city weekend con we’re going a few nights in advance


Alastair: So, how it go?


Nadia: We made quite a bit. I’m hung over and sore, that’s how.


Tara: Yeah, the Con itself was pretty good. We sold a good amount of comics, did a good amount of commissions and the hotel was nice despite the late booking.


Alastair: Oh Dear. That was a miscalculation on my part. I’m afraid I have been preoccupied as of late that it slipped my mind. It will not happen again, I assure you. By the by, did you happen to see Mr Remington’s work on the day? I believe that his new book was to make its debut, was it not?


Tara: Um...actually, I heard that there was some printing issue or something? So he couldn’t make it this time, but I heard that the issue should be fixed by next weekend, hopefuly. That’s when that other Convention you wanted us to attend is on, right? Mall Con, was it?


Nadia: What?! Another one?!?! Don’t tell me your sending us out there again, you slave driving butler!!!!  This is not what I signed up for when I joined the agency.


Tara: Uh….it was in the mission brief we got last week. Technically we were forewarned. Though I suppose you might not have read through it too much, since you’ve had a pretty hard week. I don’t blame you.


Nadia: Can I not skip this one? Come on, man, I wanted to have a break for once TT>TT


Alastair: Oh come now, I heard of a pretty nice place in Leicester; Your ‘Boba Tea house’


Nadia: Not gonna lie, that place was pretty goood ‘n… HEY!!!! No! I wanna take a break for a while!!!


Alastair: After that con, you may rest for a while. I’ll give you a few days leave.


Nadia: Mmmm hmm... watch as we’re called in for a mission just as I’m starting to unwind.


Tara: Uh….sorry to interupt, but it’s ‘Bubble Tea’, Alastair. But it was pretty good! We made a note of it, just in case we go there again. I know I really want to have another one. Did you know the Rose one was really nice?


Alastair: It sound intriguing. I may need to ask for the recipie for my mistress; she will be interested to try it.


Nadia: I give up. You guys aren’t even listening to me any more are you? -.-’ Fuck it, I’m going to the bar...


Tara: Awwww, come on! N! But you liked the Bubble Tea! And anyway, we’ll be getting a big break after that, Promise! I know we’re scheduled in for some time off then!



Nadia: What was that? I couldn’t hear you over the sounds of my scotch. Mmm... tastes like fatigue and muscle pain. Delicious. It also has a refreshing aftertaste of regretting life choices -.-


Tara: Oh, come on. You know we pull through in the end. True we’ve been busy and stressed, but things’ll get better, I’m sure of it I’ll be your positivity until the alcohol is out of your system and the ...well, bad things are finally over. I mean, we had good things happen too, they just got overshadowed a bit. I know! Tell you what. How about I make sure to massage the aches and pains away for you, you can sip on your drink like you’re on the beach and Alastair can learn to make us bubble tea so we can have a good time off  during our break once our missions are up. Everything's better with Bubble Tea - wow, I sound like an advertisement for something…..


Nadia: Kill me now….


Alastair:  That’s right. I’ll have two glasses ready for you by the time you arrive…. And also…. I wanted to know if you had made up your mind yet?


Tara: About what?


Nadia: Us being ‘ghost’…. And my answer is the same: no. I’m sorry, Alastair, but no. Not after…. mission 587.... I saw too many of my team die that day... even my partner…. No, not ever again. Find someone else.


Tara: Huh….I was wondering why you kept being like that…I get it…..*sigh* Anyway, Alastair, it’s not been the full length of time to even be asking us our decision yet. You can’t give so many months and ask us again in just a few days. At the same time….N, would you hate me, if I made a different choice? You know, I won't ask you to come with me, if that does happen. I won’t force you to do that, or see that kind of thing again. But….even so, I hope you know that….Not all of us can just…Wait, and hope that it could never happen again. We’ve all lost things here. I can’t say I fully understand your pain. I never met your old partner. But if I decided to go, even if it’s alone, would you be able to trust me to come back? Uh….not that I’ve made my choice yet, but….?


Nadia: You’re grown, you can make your own choices, if you do decide to go, then you’ll be assigned a temporary partner until you return… All I can say is, be careful out there *turns and leaves*


Alastair: *Forlorn look* He would have wanted her to carry on…


Tara: Well, no one wants their partners to die. *Turns away* Heh…even though she said ‘be careful’, she never answered me when I said ‘Would you hate me. Guess it’s….better to do that than get attached again? Still….that’s….kinda cold. *long pause* Um….Anyway, I’ll….I should start getting ready for that next con and everything. Uh….Later, Al *leaves hurriedly*


Alastair: Hm! Then I wonder if it’s a bad time to bring up [edjgntrg;fmbf;]


[END]



No comments:

Post a Comment