Saturday 18 June 2016

Prelude to the Mission

 
 
Alastair: Good evening, Miss Washington


Tara: *looks around a moment and sighs, muttering* Guess I should have known she wouldn’t…*shakes head before acknowledging Alastair* Evening, Al. So...is this the big debrief?


Alister: … Yes… But before that, I would like to give you this and formally tell you that miss Williams has left the agency.


*Hands Tara the package*


Tara: Why bother telling me? I kinda already guessed this would happen anyway. No point trying to rub salt in the wounds - not that there are any. But sheesh, you make it sound like she died or something, doing this all formal like. I’m not going to start morning her if she wanted to get out of dodge. So, yeah, she’s gone. I’m sure she’ll enjoy the peace and quiet and lack of puns now. So, mission?


Alastair: I didn't mean to anger you, Miss Washington-


Tara: I’m not angry!


Alastair: -I’m just doing what is called for in this situation… but you’re right


???: Then beating around the bush is the last thing needed right now, wouldn’t you say? If you could open the package, then we can get started.


*The package contains: a C37 Pistol, aka ‘The Reaper’, the Vover X5: the latest hoverboard, a B rank classified document and a map*


Alastair: Hmm… She went overboard…


???: All that protesting and she did what you wanted her to do anyway. I don’t think I’ll ever understand humanity... *Slightly annoyed*


Tara: Awww, so she did care. Nice. Hey, hang on a sec….*lifts hoverboard to face* was this that one she nicked- I mean….obtained back during that thing with Phoenix?


Alastair: Yes. However, it seems to be modified. Usually, the board only go 40mph, but this one appears to have double the power and also a cloaking device. *Chuckle* She must be extremely worried to give you an unauthorised hoverboard.


???: Can I have one?


Tara: *Hugs board* This one’s mine! Go get your own one! *sticks out tongue* Still, this is sweet! I hope this does mean that she trusts me to come back, even if she did bail on me...Though….speaking of bailing, she was going on and on about how I’m not ready and I’m going to die, yada yada, but then she goes and pulls off these documents, too? Geeze, mix signals, much? Always knew she was Tsundere.


???: *Chuckle* You weeb! And I was wondering when you were going to get to that subject. -.-’


Alister: I thought that, when I transferred her to this department, i retracted her card and restricted her search field to ‘D’ rank only. There’s no way she’s-


Tara: *Bursts out laughing* Seriously, dude? You really thought that you could just ‘restrict access’? Uh, hate to break it to ya, buddy, but did you forget she was trained as a high class Hacker? You know you don't need a card if you can just hack the codes. Why did you think she would do well in a department that, you know, deals with info and researches stuff? I thought you were the smart one. Hahaha!


???: Hey! What does that make me? The dumb one? *Nogies Tara*


Tara: The pretty one?


???: Well, can’t argue with that, heh.


Alastair: Ahem! On to the document. I shall read Miss Williams’ letter, as it contains the information I would be debriefing you about step by step:


**Nadia** Ok, if you’re reading this, T, then I’ve left already…. Sorry for acting like a coward or whatever, but I’m not going to watch the people I love get hurt… not again... and this mission... well, you already know the dangers, so I won’t go over it.


But, since I can’t be there in person, I may as well do my best to increase your odds of surviving this. I’ve marked out places on the map where you are headed. If ???’s around, you might as well leave with him, as your cases coincide with group 626.


But unlike him, you’ll be the first one on call. There’s been a ton of activity in Izumo Japan…. Well, it’s not surprising: it’s a supernatural hotspot. But that’s not the interesting part. And I say that with all the sarcasm in the world. It’s the fact that, in area x33, there was some sort of seal and a lot of ‘youkai’ - god I sound like a weeb…. Well, a lot of youkai have been drawn there.


Here’s a map to that location. Investigate from the shadows and, if anything seem off, get the hell out of there and contact, ???. DON’T BE A HERO! You’re on your own, so you can’t afford to be Miss Tough Guy, got it?!


Tara: Uh….Out of the two of us, I don’t generally act like a hero. What does she take me for, an idiot. I kinda like, you know, being alive.


???: I think she’s just worried about her ‘Precious Bumpkin Tara-chan’, but let’s continue on.


**Nadia** Anyway, if you scan your communicator over the map, it should switch to my old settings; it will act like a personal navigator if you lose your way. Also I’ve given you my gun, that piddly thing they’ve saddled you with was heartbreaking. The C37 Pistol ‘The Reaper’: she’s high powered and silent. You won’t need to reload her as long as you have your shot. she generates a high speed plasma bullet, powerful enough to grill though titanium. Keep her on you at all times, even when you’re resting. You never know what’s around the corner.


And, one more thing: only trust Alastair and ??? with info. If anyone else asks for information, lie your ass off. I don’t trust many of the superiors and the search that Alastair did, he only did that with the subordinates. The leaders were exempt from the searches. I know why he did it, but still be on your guard.  


Alright, that’s all I have to say. Your orders start as soon as you scan the barcodes… Good luck, agent…


Huh….. I never thought that I’d be saying that to you of all people, or this will be the last time… I just hope you come back safe.


*end of letter*


Tara: Part of me is really greatful to her….but part of me alo really wants to punch her as well. I know she’s often worried about me, and believe me, I’m really glad she’s giving me her gun and advice and all, but it also feels like I somehow got another mother too. *folds up letter.*


Alastair & ???: PFT!!! Hahahahahah


Tara: Well, I suppose even if it does make me feel like I’m her kid (as much as I really want to punch her for the babying), I guess I get why she’s all Mama Bear, considering her old partner and all. Just kinda wish she would stop projecting on me. I might not be the best agent, but I’m not average, either. I know when to be careful. And if that doesn’t work, well, I’ve always been stubborn, right?


???: *mutters* I think that stubbornness is what she’s worried about


Alister: *Jabs ??? in the ribs* then prove her wrong with this mission. If *chough chough* WHEN you come back safe and sound, then you can wave it at her and put some of her worries at bay.


???: You’re acting like she’s going to come back?


Alastair:...


Tara: Whether she does or she doesn’t really doesn’t bother me. But I’ll show her that, if nothing else, she can count on me coming back. I’ll out-stubborn death if I have to, but I’ll definitely be coming back, if only to show her that I’m capable. By the way, I heard that, ???. I think you’re getting the wrong idea of my ‘stubborn’ thing. I’m not stubborn enough that I’m going to just recklessly throw myself off a cliff or something.


???: Now I have that image in my head: you trying to be badass, getting cornered and then flinging yourself off a cliff while flipping off your enemies. Ahahaahhhahaha!


Tara: I thought I tolds you that I’m not a moron. I know the difference between Stubborn and all out stupid. As much as N likes to call me a Bumpkin, it’s not because I don’t have brains.


Alastair: No, it’s because of your lack of experience in the field, and the fact that, for the most part, you are on your own. That is the cause for concern.


Tara: Don’t you think I don’t know that? Or that I’m not freaking terrified? There’s a freaking reason I’m saying what I am. You know, the whole being that, to able to do something amazing, part of it is believing you can do it. Unless you forget, you yourself said I don’t have a chance of coming back alive. So if you don’t freaking mind, I’m going to show you guys a freaking miracle, and when I come back I expect you guys to at least remember that morelle will be a lot freaking higher if you don’t take the piss out of the one going into the mission when she freaking tells you that SHE WILL NOT DIE!!! GOT IT, ASSHOLES!!! *flings hands into the air* GAAAAAAAA!


???: It’s true what they say: the more you hang around them, the more of that person's traits you adopt.


Alister: I was beginning to suspect you would comment that she sounded similar to an Anime Character just now


???: You watch anime?


Alastair: You realise that I do have a life outside of the office


Tara:... *Punches both of them in the stomach* Screw. You. Both. To. Hell. *Goes to leave. Pauses. Punches them again and leaves in high drudgen*


???: *on the floor* And here I thought she was the pacifist one...


Alastair: Well..they do say ‘You can’t judge a book by it’s cover’


*Both wince on the floor*


[END]


No comments:

Post a Comment