Saturday 25 June 2016

Double Agent

 
???: ..So, now that we’re in a secure place...Let’s drop the act, shall we? We both know you’re not as drunk as you’ve been acting. I thought you said you’d given up on Pandora, yet you’re still keeping an eye on Phoenix?


Nadia:... Well, aren't we the feisty one? And here I was enjoying the flirty side of you.


???: And for someone who seemed oh so traumatised about being on the field, you seem to enjoy flirting with danger.


Nadia: I’m not doing this because I want to, let’s get that straight… *inhales and exhales slowly* But I have unfinished  business that needs to be taken care of.


???: And that’s to do with Phoenix, I’m guessing. Either that or your attachment to Agent T...Or both, if her mission sends her in the path of any of these people. So, which is it?


Nadia: well aren’t we perceptive? Smart and handsome - just my type. But you’re only half right there. Phoenix is more dangerous than you’ll ever know… but that’s not the whole truth.


???: Then why don’t you enlighten me instead of beating around the bush? I enjoy games, but if they are as dangerous as I believe, and that you also seem to be becoming aware of, then it would probably benefit us both to exchange information. You might not be Pandora anymore, but we seem to have a similar end goal, even if the reasoning behind it is different.


Nadia: Though that maybe the case, it’s best if I only tell you in segments, at least for now. Right now, I’m only going by instinct; I’m not sure if I’m even right about this. But I’m going into the lion’s den to find out.


???: ...I see. Then you’re hoping to infiltrate Phoenix as a double agent then? In order to gain as much intel as possible?


Nadia: Exactly, because I think my old partner may still be alive… and working for Phoenix. I don’t want to believe it, but if it’s true, then Pandora is in trouble. I’m a good agent but ‘he’ was better. If they’re using him then Pandora, no, both the worlds of the mundane and the mystic are in grave danger.


???: I see… *taps chin thoughtfully* I didn’t know ‘him’ well, but I do know that, even if it’s unwillingly, if they gain the information that he knew, they would be able to get into Pandora, even through the back doors, so to speak. But the thing is, how willingly is he involved, and how much have they got out of him? *looks back to Nadia* Though I do wonder….how do you know that ‘He’ is still alive? If records are right, people saw his body.


Nadia: You think a simple bullet can stop a demigod that easily? One of Zeus's “bastard” children? Oh come now, ???, why do you think out of everyone, only the two of us survived as long as we did. A low level demigod is still part god. Strong enough to not be fatally wounded by a simple bullet…. But, at the time, I wasn’t thinking straight... something I bet he was banking on. Being left for dead and then picked up... If that was his plan, then…


???: Demi-god, huh? Interesting…..this isn’t something that he exactly made known to me. But, at the same time, even if it was known, Demigods aren’t immune to bullets, especially if the enemy is aware of a supernatural being is one of the targets We don’t exactly make a secret that we employ both humans and the mystics. So if this was part of a plan on his end, I’m assuming he would have accounted for such things, in order to truly make us all believe he was dead, even those who knew of his heritage There is a reason that in history, demigods are still mortal, and can still be killed. After all, even gods can be killed, if the right weaponry is used. But on the other hand, similarly, if he wasn’t actually on their side either, being hit hard enough by a bullet might still render a demi-god unconscious. All the enemy would have to do then is find him bleeding and….extract him in a weakened state. *frustrated sigh*


Nadia: Exactly, compared to... well, let’s say Hercules, ‘He’ didn’t have any special talent - well, apart from the fact that he could heal himself 9 times faster than a regular human. So, again, count that as another reason why I doubt he died. But the best of all is this *hands ??? a leaflet*


???: *takes leaflet and scans it over* ….Codes, huh? You translated them yet? I know that you and T are our best on that front - well, were, in your case.


Nadia: They’re lines from poems he used to right. Rearrange the words slightly and they spell out the names, places and other codes, times and dates - one of which was the time and date of when we had our breach... our moves to stop them and how we did it. Scary, right? But that was one of the things I loved about him. His deadliest skill: finding ways in which to trap his opponent, and plan around them. Sending Pandora this was his was to taunting the organisation.


???: And that’s not even the biggest worry either How could he have known the exact movements we took in order to deal with the situation? Despite the breach, which, if this is any indication, he knew the codes to allow them entry, we are not that incompetent that they could hack that much into the system and not know about it. So unless your old partner had a skill he never informed you about, then there has to have been people within the organization itself that was watching what we did….We already looked at all the underlings too. I’d rather not think about the possibilities, but….


No, don’t you worry about that Leave the inside of the organization to Alastair and I. In the meantime, you’re hoping to infiltrate Phoenix. If you’re going to go through with that, you still need some kind of contact to us, in case you need to bail at any point. No longer our agent or not, and you may deny it, but you are still dear to people. T would be devastated if something happened to you. Though to be fair she may also feel that you couldn’t trust her by acting the way you have if she found out too. I hope you know when all's said and done she’ll wish to have words with you. And noggies. And pun you until you cry mercy. That being said…. *hands her the package once more* This isn’t quite the same as your old communicator, It should be far less….recognisable. However, if you ever need any of us, or have urgent information, then it should help.


Nadia: *Slight smile*…. I appreciate it but i have to decline… if I’m going into the Phoenix, I need to go bare. I need him to trust me and if I go to them with even the slightest hint of anything suspicious, then it will fan the flames and that is something we can’t afford. I’m sorry.



???: Geeze...I swear. Fine *takes back the package* I suppose I’ll just have to get it to you some other time. I won’t get caught, but I’ll give you a chance to establish yourself first. Don’t make any moves that might get you caught until then, please. I’ll be sure to leave you a sign only you will understand that my gift is what you’re receiving. Until then, please stay alive. Otherwise I may just have to….punish you.


Nadia: Punish me? I look forward to it, handsome. But, just one last word of warning before I go…. I’d watch the top tears of the organisation. There’s a whisper going around that there’s quite a few of them who know more than they’re letting on. But all that was above my pay grade, so I kept to the gutters, where the key to opening Pandora’s Box lies. It would seem the hidden walls are hiding even more than Miss Povell knows, or would even hope to.


???: Like I said, leave Pandora’s ‘higher ups’ to Alastair and I for now. If you’re going to pull this off effectively, you need to keep your mind on keeping yourself alive and somehow getting the information from Phoenix. Failure in this is not an option. I will not accept your death. There are only a few people I can stand longer periods around. I would hate to see one of those get stomped by gutter trash.


Nadia: How nice, you have have a heart of gold after all. I’m so lucky to see this affectionate side of you, my little troll. And if anything happens, keep checking files 106. I can hack a computer anywhere, so I’ll keep adding things there.


???: Heh, don’t get used to it. And believe me, this heart is certainly not golden. But I digress. I’ll keep an eye on the files. I just hope that your dear ‘friend’ isn’t likely to hack them himself, otherwise we might have...more issues than we’d like to deal with.


Nadia: His life belongs to me. If he tries anything, I’ll relieve him of his burden and then mine as well. Hopefuly that will then erase my sin. *gets up to leave* oh ‘n’ please don’t tell T what I’m doing. I’m going to see her at graduation, then I’ll become MIA. That’s all she needs to know.


???: Alright…..though I think you might be underestimating that Bumpkin of yours. But if, heh, rather when she finds out, it won’t be from my lips, that I can promise you.


Nadia: *Chuckle* T’s more than a capable agent, she just inexperienced. And when she does find out… she’ll be prepared for it. I’ve made sure of that. *waks off*


???: *Sigh* I have a feeling that this really is only the start of things….Even now, I get the feeling…..*Shakes head* One step at a time. I think Alastair and I need to talk….

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment