Monday 13 June 2016

Attack of the Helicopter Agent

 
 
Nadia: So that was a thing…. We gained some new friends at Mall Con, got a few new recruits as well


Tara: Well, we do well when we’re busy, I guess? I mean, we had fun as well, or at least I did. Though it was funny when you kept jumping at that Mascot. You’ve been in this business waaaaaay too long if you started thinking that was a supernatural thing. Poor guy was probably overheating in there.


Nadia: Fuck you, I only jumped once *blush*


Tara: Twice, actually. Heh heh! Though seriously, I thought you were being attacked at one point! What, you deal with possessed Mascots that often?


Nadia: It was once! Once, I tell you! And drop it already!!!!!


Tara: Fine fine, I’ll let it go I won’t even sing the song. Heh. Um...Anyway, we still have a few things to do, even with that Mall Con thing over. Don’t we still have a bit more of that ‘Show and Tell’ thing to do? Then Alastair promised you that time off, right? Looking forwards to it?


Nadia: Yeah, we doing the Wednesday shift, if I’m not mistaken?


Tara: Yep. Then and Friday. I think we have a school that gets to look around then as well, so mind the language, dear ^.^


Nadia: Fuck that shit! Kids these days swear before they can even wipe their own cracks, so I doubt Little Timmy will be phased any time soon. Seriously, come ‘round my neighborhood around noon, you’ll see what I mean -.-’


Tara: Yes, well, Little Timmy might not care, but Mr and Mrs Timmy’s Parents might have an issue with it. Do you want to be answering complaint forms from them about...Uh...what was the wording…. ‘Corrupting their poor innocence’ or something like that?


Nadia: Well, helicopter parents just really piss me off, you realize once you hide all this shit from your kids, it doesn’t benefit them in any way. Besides, even if they don’t hear it from home, while they’re on the street, the world gonna re-educate them. The best you can do is say “Hey, Timmy, the world outside sucks, ‘n you see those assholes we had to deal with today, yesterday and most likely tomorrow…. Um, yeah, don’t be like them, or I’ll woop your dumb ass.” Like that heffa we had to deal with when we were  still known as ‘Technecomics’. godz that bitch annoyed me. ‘Is this appropriate for a 7 year old? See, she’s very smart, my little Amy. Oh dear, it’s got a little bit of blood in the picture. That’s definitely not for a child, now is it?’ BITCH, YOU PICKED UP A BOOK ON GREEK MYTHOLOGY! WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU THINK WAS IN THERE!!!!! +.+


Tara: Eh, well, you do have a lot of censorship these days in kids films and stuff. You look at the kind of comics we used to read as kids, or at films or whatever and you know barely any of that would go through censorship these days. Either way, as long as I don’t get saddled with complaints, then do as you like. But the moment a complaint comes through, I’m throwing the paperwork at you. Just saying.


Nadia: Yeah, yeah, I get it, just bring me back to Animaniacs and Courage the Cowardly Dog - those were the days when tv was actually good.


Tara: Sure thing, old lady hubbard. Lol. You sound like you’re..like….ninety or something.


Nadia: I’m as old as I feel... and right now, I’m 95


Tara: Eh, like I said, you get a nice break after this, so no worries Let’s just do our best with the Show and we’ll be all set, right?


Nadia: ‘Nice break’ my foot! Like yesterday, we’re most likely going to be working - sorry ‘volunteering’ - again +.+


Tara: Uh….we did agree to that a while ago. Besides, he gave his word this time. Annoying as he can be, he’s usually pretty good where his word is concerned, you know? You can have a nice relax, I’m sure.


*Door creeks open*


Alastair: Good evening, ladies


Nadia: Well, wasn’t that eerie, my dear nosferatu?


Alastair: Are you both done for the day?


Nadia: i was just about to head off what about you T?


Tara: Well, I finished this stuff, anyway, though I have to hang around a bit longer to do a few other things. Shouldn’t take too long though.


Nadia: Ok, well, I’ll just wait in the cafe for a bit - they’re still running, so I’m gonna hang around for a bit. I think today’s chinese or something like that? Anyway, I’m gonna go before it's all gone :P


Tara: Cool, I’ll see you later, then!


*Door closes*


Alastair: *Sigh* She seemed in a better mood today


Tara: Yes, well, we’ve not brought up any of that stuff that put her in the bad mood this time. And I’m intending to keep it that way. She’s said no, so there’s no point in getting her to worry more about it. Anyway...We got more training stuff today, or is there something else you need right now? You wouldn’t be here unless you wanted something, right? Or were you just checking that N showed up today?


Alastair: How hostile. I wanted to brief you on the mission. It seems like an ancient seal in Japan has been tampered with approximately 4 year ago.


Tara: Um….you known four years is….kinda a long time? How come we’ve only heard about it now?


Alastair: We performed an investigation and were able to secure the grounds at the time, with the help from local Demon Hunters. However, that is not the current issue. The dilemma presented since then is that whatever was sleeping within that versinity is on the loose and, ever since, there have been numerous reports of activity in the Isumo area….


Tara: I’m going to assume you mean this in a ‘more than the local spiritualists can handle? Otherwise you wouldn’t be bringing this up now. So….will we be just investigating further? Or will we be helping to get rid of some of them? Or did you have something else in mind?


Alastair: I need you to work backwards, from newest cases to older, see if you can find a pattern in the supernatural activity. I know that there is a correlation there somewhere, but I’m not entirely sure what.


Tara: Probably. Though our best bet is likely to also keep an eye on the area that the entity was released from Supernatural beings are often drawn to areas of great power, much like that mountain in China, so there is a possibility that whatever escaped left behind a powerful enough aura or residue that it’s attracting more creatures to it’s location?


Alastair: You’re right… but I don’t want to assume. For now, we’ll just do our research until we find a lead and then take it from there.


Tara: I got you. Though I hope you don’t mind if I do monitor the area, just in case. If it turns up to be nothing, then at least we narrow down the causes, but if we find something, then we know where to look. I know that the science department have managed to create monitors that can pick out residual energy as if they were carbon monoxide detectors. And we can leave them for a while in order to look into other leads as well. As long as we take a look at the communicator every now and then to see if the monitors pick up something, we should be golden.


Alastair:.....


Tara: OK, what have I said now? I know that look. That’s a ‘I’m concerned about something’ look. May as well spit it out now. What’s wrong?


Alastair: The screen moniter behind you, Miss Washington


*Moniter* When were you going to tell me that you were sending her out on a mission…? Alastair, you have no right! If she dies, it’s blood on your hands and I will do everything in my power to hunt YOU down!!!!!!!


Tara: Um….I don’t know if I should be pleased you care for me like that, or annoyed that you don’t trust me as an agent. So, when did you hack the monitor?


Monitor: You were being secretive with Alastair last time, so I snuck in ‘n’ hacked it with a listening device and... well, hacking it was child’s play. ‘N’ honey, don’t talk about ‘trust’ - as your partner, shouldn’t you be talking to me about this crap!!!!  I don’t want you out there, it’s far too dangerous!!!!! I don’t want to lose another partner again… Please, don’t go.


Tara: I didn’t hide it, you know. You were in the room with us when he offered us both the position. But you seemed to hate the idea of it, and I even asked you, remember? ‘Will you hate me if I agree to this?’ ...Heh, you never did answer me, there. After that, I thought speaking more about it was cruel to you. What right did I have to bring up more bad memories? But at the same time, I’m an agent, right? An Agent of Pandora. And it’s our job to help keep the balance between the mundane and mystic worlds. If I don’t at least try, what right do I have to call myself an agent? Or even call myself your partner, if I can’t even face up to the dangers? Maybe you’ll hate me for this. But if I can help protect you as well, from having to go out there and face this kind of thing again, then I will. I’m not afraid, N. And I won't let myself die.


Monitor: …... You’re an idiot…. You know that….  Just like him… both of you cut from the same damn cloth… Fuck it, I’m going to the bar. *Monitor switches off*


Tara: Well, that went well….*Sigh* Heh, she still didn’t answer the question. Guess she does hate me for this, huh? ...Well, nothing that can be done about it now, I guess. I’m not going to back down. Let’s finish the briefing, Al. Um….Just...hey, will you watch out for her while I’m gone for me? You know I worry.


Alastair: It seems I’m the one who is hated here, from what I gather. She’s just very worried for you. But I will do as you say. Hopefuly, in time, though, she’ll see reason.


Tara: Haha. Well, the whole situations not exactly ‘reasonable’, but whatever. Thanks, Al. That’ll keep my mind at ease to know that someone’s keeping an eye on her. She’s pretty bad at taking care of herself when she gets really into work after all.


Alastair: I know. I’ll do my best back at base as well. Oh, I’ll need your preference of weapons paperwork for the Science Department so they can build it to your specifications. Please have that handed in by tomorrow.


Tara: Thanks. Will do.

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment