Tuesday 7 June 2016

The Red War


Alastair: It would seem Miss Williams did not turn in today...


Tara: No….But considering you went and pressured her yesterday and I probably pissed her off too, can you blame her?


Alastair: *sigh* Five years have passed since then...I had thought she would miss the field. She was one of our most promising Search and Destroy Agents.


Tara: ...Wow, that makes me feel inadequate now, bragging there….Uh, sorry, sorry, guess it just feels weird without N here. Anyway, she mentioned losing people, even her old partner. Don’t you think that might, you know, put her off just a bit? Not everyone can brush that kinda stuff off. Though….you know, it might help if I even knew what half of that stuff was, since it seems I’m not….well, that I’m not close enough to her to be told properly about it yet. Or is that ‘classified and you shouldn’t be nosey’ business?


Alastair: No, it’s fine... It was just before you joined the communications division… Did you know that there’s a subdivision of the field agents known as unit red 376?


Tara: Uh….I think I heard of it. It’s surprising what you get from gossip, even when you aren’t the gossip type. So, N was part of Red 376?


Alastair: It was something more than that. She was co-commander of the Unit… alongside Agent Lorenzo Carideo, and a group of 50 or so agents, ranging for level ‘A’ information tecs to field agents; in layman's terms, it was a constructed to take down enemies deemed to destructive for our regular agents to deal with, they would eventually ‘deal with’ certain issues that the agency seemed to not be able to cope with.


For a time, it seemed to work there wasn’t any real issue nor threats like ‘Pheonix’ around. No hackings, nor this increase of supernatural activity…..


Tara:  And then the fire nation attacked - Uh, I think I get it, there’s a giant BUT that is practically screaming there.


Alastair: I don’t think I quite get the reference…. But anyway, it a year after its construction. There was the ‘Red War’, the biggest war between man and the mystic in recent history. So big infact that is was almost impossible to cover up, and we were running out of options. So unit Red 376 was brought in to deal with the issue.


They had just departed on their journey into East Asian territory, when it was shot down… they were helpless and with little resources in unfamiliar terrain.


Tara: Shot down...by who? Mystics? Man? Friendly fire? What? Uh….But I guess….they met something unfriendly? And things took a turn for the….you know, deadly?


Alastair: In a nutshell, both. It was a bloodbath and we were barely able to retrieve Unit 376, it turned out that Master Carideo had saved her from a barrage of fire but lost his life in the process, she was clutching his corpse by the time that I found her, trying her best to resuscitate him, to no avail. They were close friends and he... Well, I’m sure you can guess.


Tara: Uh….Remind me again why you think she would just get over something like that? That’s, you know, traumatising? Did she get any help for this? Counseling? Anything?


Alastair: *deep breath* Yes, I personally was there to aid her though that time… I transferred her to the communications and research department and partnered her with you, as I know your bubbly character would at least help her regain most of her old self again.


And I’m only asking this favour because the red war is about to begin again… and we need Unit Red 626 to be ready in time. But also we need agents out there to surveillance the enemy territory.


Tara: Uh….bubbly personality or not, I’m not exactly a miracle worker. And you saw, didn’t you? She didn’t even answer me when I asked if she would hate me or not. Besides, I’m hardly the ‘promising agent’ that N is. You think I’ll do any good, or do you reckon I’ll end up part of the red war by being a red puddle of smoosh on the ground? Heh….sorry, guess that’s a joke in poor taste. But fine. You need people out there, I’ll go out there. Just, if I do go and get myself killed, don’t tell N? I’d rather that she not mourn another partner, kay?


Alastair: I appreciate it, Miss Washington. Your training as a field agent will begin starting tomorrow evening, alongside your ‘ghost training’. You’ll be departing at the end of the next month…. Good luck.


Tara: Heh, sure. Probably will need it. But it’s better than nothing. Thanks, Al. Oh, hey, if I do end up going smoosh, say something nice about me at the funeral, kay? Oh, and no lillies. Those are freaking depressing!


Alastair: *hmph!* I am a butler, Miss Washington, I do not tell lies.


Tara: ….Are you saying you have no nice things to say about me? Rude. Heh heh…..Um….Hey, weird question, but….how likely is it that I’m going to, you know, not be red smoosh at the end of this? You know, so I can figure out how seriously I should be in my will and stuff.


Alastair: In truth, without a Unit Red 376 leader, 0% with her 75%


Tara: Well fuck you too, Al +-+


Alastair: It’s nothing against you personally, Miss Washington, it’s just the new Unit Red 376 is in shambles, the new leader is quite inexperienced... that’s why we need a veteran on board. And why I need her to change her mind, and soon…..


Tara: Welp, Guess I’m going to die, then - Not! I don’t give up that easily, you should know that by now. Even if I have to drag myself back on my belly, I am, not going to die. Just to spite you guys. :p But I am definitely coming back. And that’s whether N turns up or not. I freaking promise you. But don’t just count everyone out before we even start, otherwise you’re practically asking for us all to die. So you better train their freaking asses off! Or so help me I’ll so tell Madam Pouvell that you’re crushing on her hard core. *goes to leave, but pauses.* Seriously, though, I’m going to come back, odds or no odds, if only to prove to N that she can trust me. So, don’t you dare hold back on me. Got it?


Alastair: Just what I expect from my agents. I’ll do my best on my end, too. Thank you, Miss Washington. And enough rumours fly around this establishment. I would appreciate it if you didn’t spread more *Evil smile*


Tara: Uh huh. Leer all you like, I know you Luuuuuuuuuve her. But Whatevs! Let’s get started, yeah? No time like the present!


Alastair: Hahaahahah! You’re right, Miss Washington.


*other side of the door*


Nadia: *Sigh* That bumkin’s gonna get herself killed -.-’ *Walks off*


[END]

 


No comments:

Post a Comment