Tuesday 31 May 2016

From a Page in an Old Book

An extract from ‘My Desperate Plea’:

“I fear that there will be no true end for this war. The longer it continues, the father that end seems to become. It seems to cloud even things that I take true joy in. Love, even you…it has been so long since I felt your presence as I once could, and even through my gift, it has become clouded. I fear for you. My heart longs to be at your side.

Please, I ask that you grant me a sign, that you live, that you are well. Until then, I cannot believe the assurances that I am often given. Even though my trust in you is forever unwavering, it is my weaknesses that will make me worry for you. Our enemies are not kind. It is my selfish wish to know you are safe. But know if you need me, I will come to your side. It is becoming harder not to do so. Despite that we agreed we must focus on this war, it would seem that I fail in this endeavour.


Please, until then, I beg of you, be safe.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment