Friday 20 May 2016

Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks

 
Voice :…. Madam Povell, come on, it needs updating! We’re not in the 17th century anymore!!!
 
Madam Povell: I see no issue with it, so there’s no need to change it. It has been that way for centuries. I would rather not fix what isn’t broken, as they say.
 
Voice: Yes it has and it’s design was out-dated centuries ago. *Sigh* Will you attempt to look at the new design? It’s still in that old English style, but we’ve just given it a much needed upgrade.
 
Madam Povell: hmm…. Well, the design is not ‘that’ bad. Isn’t it a bit too much?  Alastair, what do you think?
 
Alastair: I’m your butler, Ma’am - whatever makes you happy, makes me happy. But it may be wise to update old models sometimes, don’t you think?
 
Madam Povell: *Sigh*… I suppose…. A change wouldn’t be too much of a bad thing….. I guess I’m defeated here.
 
Voice: YES!!!!
 
Nadia:  she doesn’t seem too pleased there, does she?
 
Tara: Eh, she’ll get over it. If we’re going to be taken seriously then we have to keep up with progression and all that jazz.
 
Nadia: yeah, I get ya. The old one wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t exactly... ya know. I must say I do like the new design here compared it to the old one.
 
 
 
Tara: Yeah, same here. And its not like unrecognisable, either – we still got our idol. I like it ^.^
 
Nadia: I think she made it herself way back when, so I think that’s why she’s getting sentimental over it, but hey, I can relate. But anyway, back to the book…. I mention's something about Paradian law, and lady Paramae-sama,
 
Tara: Oh? That name rings a bell….What exactly does it say?
 
Nadia: I think if I explain it, I'm going to have to go into a bit of back story. But I’ll make it short. Have you ever heard of Plato's lost city?
 
Tara: Pretty hard not to know about it. That myth’s shown up a lot – wait, you’re saying Paramae has something to do with that? Like…it actually fully exists and not just a fable?
 
Nadia: Yep! Atlantis, and Paradias are one in the same. A few of the gods implanted that myth into the mind of a young Plato. And the patron god….. Goddess Mother Paramae. Originally, it was a land for 'half breeds', or so the legend goes. But that’s not what's the interesting part: It's more of the land itself is a living being. With it's own flow of time…. Well, I guess it would - Paramae is the Goddess of Fate and all, but how long that is…. Well it's anyone's guess. Apparently the third and final book is there.
 
Tara: Huh….Well, its no wonder no one's just accidentally wandered in or something. I guess since the land is sentient, it probably confuses people to leave or go around it – kinda like what happens at the Bermuda triangle. And if the third book is there….well, I guess if nothing else its probably in the safest place it could be, considering.
 
Nadia: Yeah, I guess your right. Apparently, the land picks its residents, depending on your circumstances. Also,
there's something else written in here, but I can’t quite make it out. Can you?
 
Tara: Hm….let’s see….It looks like it says something about people who have been there in the past, and got some kind of blessing – from Paramae, maybe? – can then come and go as they like. Otherwise, you actually need someone with that ‘blessing’ to be able to find the place at all, I mean, if the land didn’t just pluck you up already, that is.
 
Nadia: Is there anything on the next page? *turns page and blushes* Oh my, it’s another love letter!
 
 
 
‘I know that our duties have been keeping us apart far longer than either of us would like. If it were not for that, I would prefer never to stray from your side. I feel far more at home in your presence than anywhere else in this world.
 
However, I have created a gift for you, so that even if distance keeps us apart, we shall never be far away. We may always remain connected, no matter what. I hope that this will suffice, for now. My gift shall help you through any times. If ever you need me, for anything at all, I can feel through my gift, and experience as if I were there beside you. We share a spiritual connection that cannot be broken by mere spells. It is my hope that, through this gift, we shall never remain apart, no matter the distance. And our love never barred.’
 
 
 
Tara: Awwwwww
 
Nadia: Well!
 
Tara:….Out of all that…that is what you picked up on? Really?
 
Nadia: I said nothing there the one talking about ‘I can feel through my gift, and experience as if I were there beside you.’ What is that gift was that. Was that an old school….
 
Tara: Nope, nope, I draw the line on that sentence. I don’t want to know. We’d probably get cursed by some pissy god for thinking they are ungodly.
 
Nadia: pffffft!
 
[END]
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment