Sunday 29 May 2016

Just Ghosting Around



The time has come, time to showcase the best that Staffordshire University cartoon and comic arts has to offer.  So get you hipster glasses and comic books ready, because it's time to nerd out over 2016’S SHOW AND TELL degree show……


Now back your regular scheduled program:


*slumped over desk*


Tara: I thought it would never be over…..but we survived….I….I almost feel choked up….


Nadia: Speak for yourself, I still got overtime for the rest of this week


Alastair: Isn’t that brilliant, Miss Washington? Now that you both are free, how about you man the -


Nadia: HOLD THE FUCK UP!!! NO!!! I have too much to do! I’m busy moving and doing work for the agency! I can’t afford any more work, you slave driver of a butler!!!!! +.+


Alastair: Well now, not even to go to Comic Con Leicester? The debut of a certain book should be coming out then, oh dear the name escapes me, what was it now?


Tara: What, you mean Dreamwalkers? It’s that based on the S.O.S agency? How they enter dreams to battle those Supernatural monsters, the Onreios? Oh wait, hang on, I remember seeing an advertisement for is. I have the cover page here


 


Alastair: ‘Oh yes, that is the one. Also, there was another one based on our organisation. It auspicious old cases of ours.


Nadia: Yeah, it’s by that newbie agent, ??? is is garding right? But I heard it's going to be delayed for a bit ‘n Hay!!!! No, I’m not going! I’m not doing it! I’m far too busy!!!!!


Tara: I guess I could do it...On my own….alone….no backup or company...Having to fend for myself against customers and hidden enemy agents…


Nadia:.... Great! Then you don’t need me -^.^-


Tara: *Loooooooooong puppy dog eyes look* B-but….Naddy….


Nadia: Ah no, not working today, sister -.-’


Tara: *Super Puppy Dog Stare Go!*


Nadia: Heffa, I said no!


Tara: I see how it is...Fine fine, but if I get murdered or something I’m haunting your ass to hell and back.


Nadia: Bitch, try it +.+


Alister: Now, now... What if I offered a raise? Would that sweeten the deal? *whisper amount*


Nadia:*Pound signs in eyes* OK! When are we leaving!!!!!!!!!   


Tara: Woooooow, that puts our relationship into perspective, huh? I see how it is *sticks out tongue* Uh...Anyway, I think I heard about it - it’s the 4th and 5th of June, right?


Nadia: But money, tho? Money means I can eat. You try living off one meal a day ‘n you come back to me TT.TT


Alister: *Chuckle* Oh when is the pandora book coming out?


Nadia: Who knows? The last I heard, the agent was struggling to finish it. I think she’s got about 28 pages left to do. Sad, I wanted to see the full thing. Apparently, she did a tester just to see how it would look. I had a quick look and was impressed at what I saw, so I don’t mind waiting a bit. I think it should be out by the other con…. I think.


Tara: Oh yeah, the one on the 11th, right? Which was that one again?


Alister: ‘Mall-Con’, I do believe.


Tara: That’s the one


Nadia: Oh, it’s the day after ‘my birt day!’


Alister: Is that a quote?


Nadia: Don’t worry about it, old man, you wouldn’t get it :P


Alastair: Old man? *raised eyebrow*


Tara:...I’m so not getting involved in this…


Nadia: What is it, feeling your age, dear? Maybe you should sit down, gramps, you’re looking kind of frail *smug look*


Tara: Welp! Would you look at the time - gotta go! *zips away, slamming door behind her*


Nadia: Don’t be afraid of him, T, he wont do anything.


Alastair: *Shadow looming behind Nadia* Oh? Is that so?


Nadia: Oh, come on, Alie, you know I only jest :P Besides, what are you really here for? You can’t be just here to check up on us ALL the time. Could there be something you want or need?


Alister: For a child, you’re smarter than you seem.


Nadia: Child? Well in comparison to you I might as well be. So I’ll say it again: what are you here for?


Alister: I need an agent out in the field to tail team QBO.226.


Nadia: The team ??? is managing? Why?


Tara: *slips back into the room* Sometimes if you’re too close to a situation, you can miss things. Not to mention that these guys arn’t from our own ranks. We might need to make sure Phoenix doesn’t try and recruit them into being double agents when ???’s back is turned. I could just be guessing, though.


Alastair: Exactly. An i need you both to take turns tailing  team QBO.226. And Phenix, there in the far east right now. Our agents are stretched thin as it is, so I need someone reliable to do this. And I can see no better agents than the both of you.


Nadia: I’m not a field agent anymore. You know what happened last time… I don’t think I can do it. I’m sorry.


Alastair: You won’t exactly be a field agent... More of a... ghost. And you both will only get involved when necessary.


Nadia: I’ll think about it.


Tara: For now, let’s focus on what we can do, but let us know when you need us, Al. We’ll let you know then.


Alastair: The position will need to be filled in four months from now. Please keep me posted, girls. *Bows and leaves room*


Tara: Well, things keep getting more and more interesting around here, huh? Four months...A lot can change in that time….


Nadia: ...Yeah…. change…. *stares into the distance*


Tara: *Watches Nadia for a moment*....Uh….well, it could be that we will have dealt with Phoenix by then! So, let’s get focusing on what we’re going to be doing. After all, you get that raise for going to that con coming up, remember?


Nadia: Oh… right *snaps out of it* Yeah, do you think we’ll make quite a bit on it?


Tara: Eh, you know I’m not too good at guessing that kinda stuff, but it should still make for an interesting experience, right? Though let’s not blow all our money on a celebration this time, kay?


Nadia: What was that, dear? I think I may have gone a little hard of hearing *grin*


Tara: Oh? Did our ages switch? Are you the one getting on in years now? Shall I get you a hearing aid, granny? *smug grin*


Nadia: *Glare* Fuck you!!!!!! +.+


Tara: *Winks* Later, darling! *laughs*


Nadia: *Shivers* You’re beginning to sound like HIM!!!!! *war flashbacks to ???*


Tara: Yeah, well, I have worked with him before. Anyway, enough being all traumatised and crap! Don’t you have work to do?


Nadia: Dont remind me...


[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment