Tuesday 26 April 2016

Everything Going to Go BOOOOM!



*Power goes out, banging noises*

Tara: What the hell is…

Alastair: Shh!

*All hold there breath, Alastair unsheathes his gun*

*tap tap, door opens slowly*

???: Is every on alright in there Tara, Nadia, ali?

Alastair: We’re ok.

Nadia: Speak for yourself, we’re having minor heart attacks.

Tara:  What happened out there?

???: we had a breech, nothing for you two to worry about. Ali, we need to check out the subbasement.

Alastair: Shh!

???: Girls check this out for me - use your communicators instead of the computers and until the power comes on, don’t open this door. Got it?

*??? Hands both a file, and winks.*

Both: yes sir!

Alastair: Board up the door. I’ll contact you when it’s safe.

*Both Alastair and ??? leave*

*Tara and Nadia look at each other*

Tara: …why do I get the feeling that this is going to take a while….?

Nadia: That’s coz it is, take a look at this.

*Both look at file*

Tara: Great… it’s another code…. Can you decipher it?

Nadia: Yea, just about, but its so dark in here, I can barely make it out. Hey, hold up the communicator for me, I’ll use it as a flashlight.

Tara: Ok, I’ll type it up for you as you translate it.

*translation*

It is not something I suspected I would need to do, but she rarely asks things from me. Considering it is for his sake…I could not refuse such a request. If it will help you, then I would do anything.

I write this for you, my love, so that you may be prepared as you step out into the world. I know I cannot always be by your side. However, if I can educate you in the mystic and mundane world, then I know you will use this information wisely. Hold this close, and let it serve you well.


Both: *blush!!!!!*

Nadia: I feel like im reading a love letter, n awwww I know the situation but awwww!!!!

Tara: I wonder what it is that the person was referring to, you know, to help ‘educate’ whoever it is in the ‘mystic and mundane world’. A book of some kind? It feels like there’s bits missing.

Nadia: You’re right. Wait a minute, he couldn’t referent to……

Tara: To…? To…what?

Nadia:  Hold on a minute, I’ll bring it up. I first saw it in the archives when I was a new recruit.  I can’t remember the name, but it was kind of like a catalogue of monsters, but it also had weird cyphers. I remember trying to crack them for a joke with some of the CUC to pass the time, but I didn’t think much of it.

Tara: Do you think that it will reveal something if we manage to crack the codes?

Nadia: Yeah, let go to the vents - the archives are just a floor below this room.

Tara: How? Apart from this room, the whole building’s on lock down.

Nadia: Through the hidden corridor. When this place was first built, they created the back paths for emergencies like this

Tara: Ok lets go-

*Explosion!!!! Room fills with smoke*

Tara: You ok?

Nadia: I think I hurt my knee *cough, cough* lets get out of here. Quick, grab the case files ‘n our bags, I’ll get the data chips. Quickly, before this room fill up any more.

Tara: Got them, now which way?

Nadia: Though here. Lets go already!

Tara: Ok!


[END.]

No comments:

Post a Comment