Sunday 25 June 2017

Beginning Something New



--- Unknown Location ---

Voice 1: Enough, both of you. Now, it has been decided. The rules have changed. This piece is one that neither side can manipulate. Should they choose by their own volition to be swayed to either side, only then may either of you truly interfere with them. Until then, that boy is off limits. Are we all in agreement?

Voice 2&3: Understood.

Voice 1: With this decided, we still appear to have a slight dilemma on our hands. The game for a long time has always had two sides and a moderator, but considering what appears to be the case here, we essentially have a third ‘side’. The rules we currently have established do not cover this eventuality. As such, before this game can continue, we must address this.

Voice 3: Indeed. Also I feel that once our new player we should introduce them to the ‘game.’ since their unconventional behavior could cause too much of a disturbance if left unchecked. Do you not a agree?

Voice 2: In a way, your idea has merit, but there are also some cons to it as well. Do you not already struggle to keep that boy’s confidence as it is? To reveal this is a game, the way you did to that child…...Hm, I do wonder though if your plan all along was to make a third side. Or is it you’re afraid you can’t handle a wild card?

Voice 3: You vulgar cur! Do you believed I would stoop to such a low level as to create a being that could internally stop this ‘game’ like this? Do NOT place me in the same bracket as you! SWINE!

Voice 2: Well, who can say? Though I suppose that it would be against your nature. You enjoy meddling in people’s lives far too much. If the game ended, how could you continue to toy with their fates? You can’t even truly say I’m wrong. Without the ability to govern their fates, why would we even need you? Still, it isn’t even beyond you to throw your own child to the lions, be they of your own blood or not.
Voice 3: Silence! If I could save them from this i could but considering whom my hero happens to be…. This was out of my hands from the start. All I can do for them is cushion the blow. So do not blame me for this. You're the one who started the game in the first place. My role is to find the least destructive path to end it.

Voice 2: Same as always, trying to feel as if you’re some form of hero yourself, that you are entirely blameless. Though I will never say that I’m not just as guilty. After all, it was my curse that caused this, my existence that caused this all to begin in the first place. But I at least admit my own sins in this. Please, you’re just as guilty as the rest of us in messing around with all these lives. I do wonder, though, how will Rozyus see that? Will she see that you are acting in the best interests of the people? Will he understand, when you have already ostracized her with your own actions. You heard her yourself, after all, to her, my outlook is actually closer than yours. If anything, by introducing her to this, you will lose all credibility with her. It’ll be interesting to see how such an unstable alliance will act in the face of ‘all the evils of the world’.

Voice 3: Don’t you think I know that, you old fool…? Don’t you think I know that much? But I know, deep down in my soul, that there is a tiny strand that still binds that child to me. He still has distaste for me as he doesn't fully realize that my actions were to protect both Man and the Mystic from the likes of your corruption. Their existence gives my long life purpose. You broke our vow to protect them. As soon as you discarded the light! Our love… you were the one who did all this instead of trying to change things form our side. So yes. Blame me all you wish, but I will take on this sin if it means saving our children and bringing you back to your senses.

Voice 2: Our children? Ha….The ones who had broken their own promise first was them. Had they not done so, over and over, destroyed each other over and over, abused the gifts that were granted to them, even denying our existence in the first place…..No, they long lost that right.  Any ‘promise’ was tossed aside the moment they decided to destroy each other, subjugate each other. Don’t make it sound as though I just up and decided that I would become ‘evil’ for no reason like some villain from a children’s story. ‘Turning from the Light’ - even your own words make it sound as though all I desired was the spread of evil through this world. It was your own words, twisted to your followers, that they stripped me of my title, that I became ‘god of evil’. Don’t sound so almighty.

Voice 3: As their parents, we should have stepped in to do something sooner. I won't bother trying to argue my innocence, that I had not whispered in their ears pulling them to me. I’m their mother and since there father has done nothing but show fear and anger towards them, who do you think they would run to? No, I don't blame you for being mad at them, but I refuse to see you raise your hand to destroy them. I believe they can change, given enough time. I know it because I can see it in that child’s generation, I can feel it in those yet to be born. I know they slip and lose their way, but it's up to us as gods, as parents, to guide them back to righteousness. That is our duty. For them to label you as Evil, that is your own doing. Slaughtering them all to start again… do you expect them to sit there and take it? No. They're afraid and I'm there to comfort them since you turned you back on them. That particular case is your own fault. But, I can see a sliver of hope for event that will cause the likes of you and them to repair the bridge you burned down. We must pay for our sins, as they will for there's and, one day soon, we will start again. I have faith in that.

Voice 2: There goes the self righteousness once again. No, I was blamed even before I raised a hand. Had there not been free will, they would never have thought to cause evil actions, so of course, since I am its source, they blamed me. Even if I gave them mercy, even when I offered to try and change things for the better, I was shunned or they’d claim nothing was wrong, with eyes too blind to see the truth. Still, perhaps you may win. But you’ll see for yourself in a few generations afterwards, they will return to their ways. Humans are like that, destructive beings destined to bring about their own ends. If anything, I’m doing them a favour. At least then they can truly say they are not the ones bringing about their own ends. Still, talking about this is practically beating a dead horse. You will always feel justified in your actions and I will always be the source of ‘evil’. We’ve talked about this in length and got nowhere. Is it not this same conversation that brought us to this game? Speaking of that...

The voice is quiet for a moment, before carefully speaking again.

Voice 2: What we have now will change the tides of the game, for better or worse. And while I certainly aim not to lose, at least an opponent like her would be interesting. After all, I believe that at least there I might see how things play out without a disapproving pouting face watching my every move like a naughty child. If you wish to invite Rozyus, I will not say no. But as your opponent, I will at least give you this advice - don’t expect inviting her will make your side any stronger. No influencing the Wild Card. Just remember that.

Voice 3: …. I do wonder if you're hard of hearing sometimes. Or just the fact that it's coming from my mouth that's you purposely ignore what it is I wish to convey. But yes, to you to ‘No influencing the Wild Card’ there own will and there destiny is in there hands. Like just like the nothing that governs them they are neural and that is the way they will stay. whom the victor and whom the losses fall upon is in there hands. I have faith the path the younger generation will forge will bring about the rain of light once more. And bring you back to your senses.

Voice 2: I’m hardly hard of hearing when you constantly repeat yourself. All I meant was that if you are truly bringing Rozyus here, then there is no bias in the explanation. Which means whether Rozyus breaks that thread binding the two of you or not, you will take those consequences. …..Actually, thinking of it, to avoid that bias, it might be best for our moderator to do the honours. He is the ultimate neutral in this case. Though also, if they say no and decide to act on their own without participating as a player themselves? Well, that’s fine too. After all, since we both promised, there is no way either of us would be an extra influence. Either way, do you feel our game’s moderator should be the one to talk to Rozyus rather than you yourself?

Voice 3: says the one who’s gust happened to be watching that child since his birth, no influencing. I don't trust you enough for you to do nothing to that child. So YES let My Lord speak of his Hero.

Voice 2: Do I hear some bitter complaint in your words?

Voice 1: IF the two of you have finished your bickering. As it is, the suggestion does indeed help to keep participation neutral in this respect. That being said, Rozyus’ participation should be confirmed before any more major moves are taken. As such, should either of you move any armies, spies, assassins or any moves at all are made on the board, then you will take severe penalties for breaking the rules. Of course, one Rozyus has confirmed or denied participation in the game, a brief period of ‘training’ in how the game works will be needed. Once that is done, all of you will be free to continue.

*The is the sound of cloth moving as the voice rose from their throne.*

Voice 1: Are you both in agreement? If so, then I shall speak with our new potential player.

Voice 2&3: Agreed.

Voice 1: Very well then. I shall send word once I have Rozyus’ reply. Until then.

*Meanwhile, back at the camp once again, Both Rozyus and Inari had made themselves comfortable within Inari’s tent in the office ‘room’, papers with various notes written on them scattered across the table. As they had been discussing their ideas for how to create that future the two had agreed on, though nothing was yet set in stone, just certain notes on what they hope to gain from their actions, how it might benefit them and the potential drawbacks of the plans.

Tapping the wood of the writing brush against their lips, Inari drew back from the final list of the outcomes they hoped for.*

Inari: Unless I missed anything, this is a list of essentially what we hope to bring about which is separate from just following the current side. Between the two of us, it looks like a lot of what would need to be focused on has very little to do with Mother’s armies, and more to do with the mortals…..It does make a lot of sense. If what Mother said was true, it was the actions of man and the mystic that drove ‘Him’ to the actions they took. And, since their lives are so short, especially those with mortal lives, they could be the easiest to influence to change. The gods themselves would certainly be the most problematic…….That in mind, should the two of us split our focus somewhat? One to bring change to the newest generation and one to influence the gods to change their ways? Or should we focus all of our attention onto the gods first and hope that, if they change, them they can influence everyone else?

Rozyus: No… You’re right - influencing the younger generation of man and the mystic would be most effective, but, saying that, getting the attention and support of lower level gods would be a good idea, too. Not everyone is on either side, the gray area does hold a lot of potential, so I wouldn't dismiss the gods from this.

What we need is a group... a group that can stand to be the lower realms last hope… Hope...Ah!

Inari: You seem to have something in mind. Something about hope? Or is it something about this group you hope to create?

Rozyus: W-well... um, it’s… I may have just come up with a name, that’s all?

Inari: A name to do with hope….considering what our aim is, to have a name that can inspire such a feeling, that people can gather around...Yes, I do believe it would indeed be wise to have a name with such a - excuse the pun - ‘Hopeful’ meaning. What is it you have in mind?

Rozyus: Well, what about… *Quiet voice.* Pandora? It seems fitting, no?

Inari: Pandora….That is a woman from the Greek Pantheon’s history, correct? I think I remember hearing the story when I was learning as much as I could in order to stand in the court once I became a well known god. Let me see if I remember the story…..was that not where a mortal woman named Pandora opened a box which released all the evils of the world?

Rozyus: Yes but… what was left in the box… hope, small and fleeting yet it had the power to bring power and strength to those who needed it. And that what this is.

*He lightly touches the parchment  that was written on.*

This is hope,  I’ll put my faith in it.

*Thinking about it for a moment, Inari closed their eyes and smiled, almost feeling what Rozyus felt in regards to what they were aiming for*

Inari: It makes sense. The night is darkest before the dawn, and one can only perceive any form of darkness if there is a speck of light. But likewise, one can only move through that darkness if there is a light to guide the way. And this is what we hope to create - a guiding light that can bring everyone a better future. That in mind…..yes, Pandora may truly be the most fitting name.

*That said, they pull the paper to themself once again and write the word ‘Pandora’ at the top in neat handwriting*

Inari: If we are looking for those who might wish to act in line with this, during my travels I have come into contact with people, both amongst man and mystic, who might wish to aid in your Pandora. If we have even the smallest of groups, that would be a good place to start. Even the smallest of groups can cause the greatest of revolutions. If you like, I could recommend to them that they meet with you and hear you out?

Rozyus: *Chuckle* it would be appreciated, I’ll do my best on my side too. I have a few names that would be on our side. This is going to be tough but once the foundation is there everything else to fall in line.  The sooner the better. We may just end up becoming the new generation ourselves by the time the last phase is set. But as long as I know that you're by my side I know we’ll be just fine. right?

Inari: Of course. You will always have my support. The main problem I have though is that I’m going to be tried to this location until the fortress is built to protect the people here….Thankfully I do have my messengers. If you can secure a meeting place, I can send them your way. I’ll also see what I can do about some of the younger gods who have been placed in my care here. Who knows, I might be able to garner a little extra support amongst them as well. I know that, other than the true war gods, many gods are just fighting to stop people from dying, but they might not feel like the basis of ‘His’ argument is necessarily wrong. If an alternative can be given to them, they might be pleased to hear about it. Of course, we gods can be stubborn. It might take longer to gain their trust in this, but at the very least it won’t be as difficult as it might be if we were trying to change…..say…..Zeus’ mind. I know there are a few who would be interested. His temper aside, considering his affection towards the mortal Kushinanda, Susanoo would be interested in hearing me out. We are good friends, so I doubt he would consider our actions overly radical.

Rozyus: It would be nice to see those two again. I could probably a few higher ranking demon lords on our side, too. There was one of my distant relatives who seemed to be unifying certain sections of your territories lately, same with his human counterparts. I may be able to sweet talk them into aiding our group, too. It shouldn't be a problem. We’re quite persuasive people after all.

Inari: *Laughing softly* So it would seem. It would appear then that we have ourselves the beginnings of a plan. Though that in mind, for man and the mystic to be able to act in unison as Pandora, we must find a location on the lower plains for them to come together. Places like Paradias are far too segregated for people who wish to join the cause to be able to enter easily, and if we hope to begin it without it becoming merely another part of Mother’s faction…..Hm...Is there anywhere you have in mind?

Rozyus: Well, not one place in particular, more like an earth wide endeavor. Have a branch in every continent and slowly spread out to various locations have the join on in a plain that none of the elder gods have control over. A safe space if you will. With the help of a few of the gods is should be easy enough to create.  

Inari: There are a few earth gods, or even earth spirits who would be able to help with such things. Not to mention if those areas can become ‘blessed’ then they could become truly safe zones. Neutral areas, so to speak. If you like, I would be able to also add a little power to that once the areas have been set up, as a finishing touch, so to speak. While not truly a land god, I do have influence over land, so my power should have some effect in combination with others. With both of our interventions, I believe we could create a true safe space. Or rather, spaces, if we have several branches.

Rozyus: Umn! *Nod* sounds good to me. Anyway i think that should be all for today we’ve been at it for a while now. Don't you agree?

Inari: Indeed. If we act in too much haste it will only cause us more trouble in the long run. Not to mention I need to begin the plans for building the stronghold here. Ah, it seems we are both in high demand of late. I’ll be sure to keep our plans safe for now. In the meantime, we should begin the day properly, don’t you think?

Rozyus: Truly. Besides, I haven't received my morning kiss from you, yet *Grinning* and I need my morning kisses before I can work my hardest, no? *Chuckle.*

*Laughing at Rozyus’ wheedling words, Inari leaned in to capture his lips in their own*

Inari: Then I hope that that serves as a good motivation for the day, so that I might give you more later on.

[END]

2 comments:

  1. Good to see it.. somefun.net has a lot of such posts..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see it.. somefun.net has a lot of such posts..

    ReplyDelete