Thursday 15 June 2017

Date Under the Stars Pt 2



*Despite the strange truce between what were essentially enemies, Rozyus remains at the Host’s side until the morning light, and true to the Host’s word, he let the boy leave, without calling any of his men or drawing a weapon*

Host: Until you have made your choice, know that, should we meet on the battlefield, I cannot say that you will be unharmed. I would advise choosing soon. The longer you wait, the harder it might be on whatever side you do choose. After all, having divided loyalties will always cast doubts. As your host, for now, it is only right of me to warn you of that.

Rozyus: … I know…. But until that time comes… I’ll await our next dance. I want to see you again after I'm strong enough. So don't allow yourself to be bested before I have a chance. Go it?

*The Host laughed at that, as if the idea was absurd*

Host: Of that you have no need to worry about. If I were so easily bested, would this war not already be over? No. My own will, my determination to win far surpasses that. For now, however, you should go. I gave you an hour’s head start after all. Should you decide where your loyalties lie, I will contact you once again. Until the next dance, fair guest.

Rozyus: C-can I not summon you just for-

*The Boy bit his tongue, biting back the words he almost haphazardly spoke.*

Rozyus: N-never mind….

*The Host offers a smile*

Host: It would not be wise. After all, while it might benefit me in the end, it would strip your choice from you. I am Free Will, of course, so you’re welcome to try, but doing so will drain many paths for you. Call it spite, but I would rather not encourage the strings of fate. If you decide to join with me, it should be of your own volition, and not because the choice had been stolen from you due to suspicion. ‘Tainted’ as I might be, all who join me do it by their own will.

Rozyus: .... You just had to go there…. You elder gods are so difficult to get along with. Even though it is why will that binds me to you, my choices and my decision to want to see the world though your eyes before I made ‘the choice.’ the worlds not as black and white as you elder gods think it is you know! So, so! Telling me to chose one side is just unfair!!! There's a massive gray area that you all are either blind to or seem to ignore. That's where I and many others reside. That's why I wanted to here you side dumb ass!

*With those words, The Boy races of back towards the camp, leaving the elder god alone in his thoughts.*

*Shaking his head, the Elder God turned his attention back to the rising sun, closing his eyes*

Host: Were it that easy, this would never have come to war. All ‘grey’ does it cause people not to trust you, because of empathy. Free Will certainly can be a curse. Though, I suppose he’ll find out soon enough. But no matter. One person will not change the course of this war. Whether he joins me or spurns me, or tries a middle ground where his heart and soul will be trampled to dust, it is of no consequence. In the end, I will win.

Voice: Is that so *Host’s Name,* I think it’s time we had a little chat no? I don’t appreciate you manipulating that child.

*The host just closes his eyes, smirk still on his face*

Host: How droll. The Vulture Mother circles above to keep an eye on their son, to scared to allow him to make his own decision. And people wonder why I gain followers when the great light of fate can’t trust her own blood, never mind her followers.

*After a few hours of chasing the sunrise, The Boy finds himself at the entrance of the camp site. Fighting back the tears that seemed barely contained. Fists clenched and heart pounding. A faint chimes of bells tinkers though the air as both his staff and master greeted him.*

Rozyus: Don’t tell me you were waiting all this time? Well what do you want I found out what it was I wanted to know and now I’m back…

*The Elder god remained silent for a time then with a snap of his fingers the garment the boy had been wearing is replaced by his usual uniform.*

Rozyus: B-but I will tell you this: I don’t care if I’m labeled a traitor for doing so… I agree with him! Something drastic needs to happen in order for chance. But don't agree with his methods. Not one bit when innocent lives are at stake.

*The Boy’s eyes over flowed as he spoke*

Rozyus: Whether I chose or not to pick either side is still up for debate, s-so…..

*The Boy’s words are cut short as his master addresses him.*

Lord Thanatos: It’s understandable that you feel unsure about where you stand in all of this. You cannot fight for a side you can’t believe in, nor can you fight against a person who would rather help than harm. As a hero of death, you have been taught to look at all sides, because Death is neutral, so you can see what others, blinded by their own conceptions cannot. And that I do understand, even though I, myself, may have unwittingly been a cause of your pain.

*Gently he places a hand on his shoulder*

Lord Thanatos: While I do not know if you can forgive me for hurting you as I have, I still offer my own apologies. Assuming you have not decided that I am unworthy due to my transgressions, then I do wish to continue to train you as my hero.

*The Boy, sobs quietly, before diving into his master's embrace*

Rozyus: Stupid Master! Stupid elder Gods, always forcing your ‘Choices’ onto the rest of us. I hate you, dummy! Stupid uncle, I hate you the most! Apologizing now, it’s unfair! How-how could I not forgive now? *Hick hick*

*Gently, Thanatos wrapped the boy up in his embrace, resting his head on top of Rozyus’*

Lord Thanatos: I’m afraid that is something that is both a gift and a curse to all sentient beings, my child. Though you know that, had I forced you in any way, you, with your strong spirit, would never allow yourself to be chained. It is, after all, why I chose you in the first place. You have a soul that will never be tamed. One that can soar the skies. No, I could never have forced you do do anything. In my case, at least, I offer you choice because I love you, silly niece of mine.

Rozyus: *Sob sob* Stupid Uncle.

[END]

OOC:

Nadia: Hi guys. I’m like dead to the world right now and I’m in a lot of pain, sooooooooooo yeah. I’m in the middle of regretting my life choices and the job worked today…. So yeah, I’m tired, in pain and sleep deprived - fun combo, so… yeah… ZzzzzzzZzzzzz.

Tara: Basically, our post was going to be longer, but day stuff has got in the way somewhat. We hope that this post is better than nothing, however, and we’ll be posting the rest of this story soon as well, so please look forwards to it. Until then, Agents!

No comments:

Post a Comment