Thursday 1 June 2017

Sweet Child Pt 4



--- Inari’s Tent, Main Camp ---

*It didn’t take too long before Inari had got back to his own tent. Absently waving a hand with a touch of their own power to rid the last wisps of Thanatos’ aura that still cooled the air, they made their way towards the bed where Rozyus still lay. As They carefully sat at the edge of the bed, they noticed that the Boy appeared to be stirring ever so slightly. Gently, Inari reached over, brushing a strand of hair from his face*

Inari: Rozi? Love, are you awake?

*Groggily, the boy curled back into the sheets, feebly mumbling the words*

Rozyus: Mmmmnnn, NO. I’m asleep ‘n’ you can't wake me…

*The boy tosses and turns trying to get back to the realm of dreams, though the piercing rays of the sun were not on his side, its strong flair forcing his eyes open. Inari leans in a little so that they are partly shielding the light, a smirk crossing their lips*

Inari: Does that mean you’re dreaming of me then, my love?

Rozyus: *Mumble, mumble* You're in my dreams, my reality, ‘n’ my nightmares, how much of more of me do you want to monopolise? Dummy… ZZZzzzz.

*Inari lets out a soft laugh and lies down next to him, resting his chin on his hands*

Inari: I’d monopolise your everything, if I could. I would hope to spend my forever with you.

Rozyus: You know…. Greed is a sin, right, oh ‘Great Deity’? Well, that silver tongue of yours should be too…. *mumble mumble* but you're being really romantic right now… so I’ll let you off…. ZZZzzzz.

Inari: Well, I never did pick up a job as a god of purity and generosity, so I suppose greedy I’ll be.

*The Child continues to gently stroke the boy’s hair, expression soft as they looked at their slumbering lover. At least it seemed there was no adverse effect on him from his test with Thanatos. So long as Rozyus was safe and enjoying his rest, Inari was content*

Rozyus:  *mumble mumble* Fuck elder gods, with there stupidly powerful auras…. Stupid Master….

Inari: Well, that is what you get for existing as long as time itself. Even powerful gods like the head of the Pantheons can’t quite reach those heights. As much as some might want you to believe they could. At least old age brings about benefits, wouldn’t you say?

*Pausing for a moment, Inari searches Rozyus’ expression carefully*

Inari: You are well, though? When I heard, I worried for you. The Elder gods auras are enough to even shake the strongest of gods, and Lord Thanatos….his aura is greater still, as all eventually succumbs to death. Even other underworld gods find it difficult to remain under the full force for long. Your will really is something to admire. That you managed to do as you did makes me admire you even more. Even so, I would be a terrible lover if I didn’t have some concern. Is there any way I might help soothe any aches or pains that remain afterwards? If only as a reward for your valour?

Rozyus: R-really? Seriously, I think was only able to manage it that far was because I'm used to That Woman’s aura and presence. Plus, every now ‘n’ then, he releases a small amount while we were working, so y-yeah. And I don't really need a-

*Rozyus raises his eyebrow for a moment, reading between the lines of what his lover had just said. Inari grins back slightly at that, seeing the boy catch on*

Inari: Are you suuuuure?

*Becoming a little more serious, they continue*

Inari: I don’t mind. You’ve worked hard today. You overcame a mind invasion, then proceeded to complete a difficult challenge set up to you by Thanatos that other gods might find difficulty with. I think it’s deserving of something, be it a little pampering from me or a good rest. Just tell me what you wish. I don’t mind playing Djinni to you.

Rozyus: I-I!

*A deep shade of crimson blanketed the boy’s flesh, hands now attempting to cover his embarrassed expression*

Rozyus: Jeez… when you're in serious mord, you-! I-I just want a bath…. That's a-all.

Inari: Indeed? Would you like me to scrub your back?

Rozyus: EEP! I ah um…. D-do whatever you want.

Inari: Ah, but it’s as I already said…

*They gently brush a lock of hair from Rozyus’ face*

Inari: I want to do something for you, after all. It isn’t what I wish, but you. Tell me what you desire.

Rozyus: ...You…. bath….

*the boy goes quiet after only managing to squeeze out a few words.*

Inari: As you desire then, my love.

*With one smooth motion, they had scooped the boy into their arms, bridal style*

Inari: Luckily, the cleansing pool is very close by. Let us go then, my champion.

*Heedless to any protests, Inari carries his love away.

*Meanwhile….back in the tent of the Elder Gods*

Thanatos [Inner Thoughts]:  ‘Not being able to interfere with your heroes in case things go more awry’ indeed….What we want here does not matter. All we can do now is wait and hope that our trust in him does not go to waste, that his love for Inari might sway him away from that God’s desires….If we lose one of them, it will shatter them both…

*Thanatos moves to sit down, pushing away his frustrations. If they could not change things where Rozyus was concerned and only hope for the best, there were other concerns to take care of. If nothing else, it would let Parame turn her mind to things she could do.

Thanatos: Very well. Enough of my hero for now. What of yours?

Parame: Well… he succeeded in his mission. The blade seems to be agreeing with him. To be honest, I’m half tempted to upgrade the design slightly for more of an impact… Saying that, we should probably consider moving out soon. There’s nothing for-

*She pauses for a second*

Parame: Now that I think about it… the remaining villages here might not be safe. I doubt he’ll try anything again since there just civilians there, but we should have something put in place, just to be on the safe side.

Thanatos: As much as I would say I trust his integrity….I’m afraid I wouldn’t put it past him these days to be petty enough to take out failures on them. Especially considering Inari’s successes came at the cost of his failings. It would certainly be a kind of revenge on them. You know how it would tear at Inari if their actions caused the destruction of these people because they allowed their forces sanctuary here.

Parame: Exactly…. So, at least for now, we should make some sort of stronghold, as well as leave a few soldiers around to monitor the situation for the time being.  Besides that, there are the few villagers that may birth the new generation I’ve been seeking to raise.

Thanatos: I assume that Inari shall be in charge of this, then? While they might not be a builder, they at least know the people and they trust them. They have also shown themselves to be quite the commander. It’s not surprising that people of his land see him as a patron of warriors as well as merchants.

Parame: Um! Exactly. Makes me proud to see how far they’ve come. They’ve become a fine God, more than worthy to become my Hero... once more…

Thanatos: For which they are glad to know, I can only assume. They have worked hard to earn their place, from what I hear. Did you know that they developed a form of communication to stay in touch with Rozyus. If I didn’t know better, it would seem that creation was one of their many skills. A fox, of course, but still, a feat to create such a thing while so young.


Parame: *chuccle* what do you expect they were reared my me of course.

*The death god grants her a flat look*

Thanatos: *Sarcastically* How very modest.

Parame: *Chuckle* Well, you can't deny the results speak for themselves, hahaha

Thanatos: I wouldn’t have you take all the credit. I distinctly remember it was not your idea that they helped you to create your greatest bundle of joy, after all.

Parame: Ack! Well, that same bundle of joy hates me now… *Sigh* Even though it was for both their sakes.

*Thanatos sighs for a moment, before placing a hand on her shoulder*

Thanatos: Perhaps, then, pride should be placed aside. Speak with your child honestly. I’m sure that your hero would give you the opportunity to do so. They love both of you dearly. To see you both reunited once more would give them great joy. Your youngest would likely be happy to see it as well, considering how young they were when it happened.

Parame: He’s quite young, still… *Sigh* I can only hope… that that boy will at least want to try...

Thanatos: Have faith in Inari. So long as you have him on your side, I’m sure that the gap might be bridged. It may take time to heal fully, but I believe that the two of you may make amends. But it is you that must offer the olive branch first. Can you put aside your pride to do so, before it is too late?

Parame: …. I suppose you’re right…. But I don’t think I can talk to them right now. If I know those two, they’re probably being ‘reaquainted’ with each other as we speak.

Thanatos:.......Fair. Well, when they are….ahem….less occupied, perhaps. But soon. Can you promise me this? For your sake and his?

Parame: I’ll try. That’s the only thing I can do….

Thanatos: That is all I ask.

*While the elder gods fall to silence and their own thoughts, Inari and Rozyus reach the cleansing pool, a blessed pool to help gods to cleanse themselves of impurities to the body and soul. Gently setting Rozyus back onto his feet once more at the pool side, Inari kisses his forehead*

Inari: Would you prefer me to wait for you, or perhaps you would like for me to wait on you instead?

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment