Wednesday 2 November 2016

Meeting With Mother Part 3: The Promise



--- Last time ---

Boy 2:  ….When you smile like that, it’s really really scary……*Grins back* Are we going to play with old grumpy again?

Mother: Yeeees, but why don’t we play with the love birds, first? I’m still upset about being ignored

Boy 2: Big brother’s in troooooooouble! *Giggling and hugs his mother* What are we going to do? I wanna play!

Mother: You’ll see

Boy 2: Ooooh, a surprise? I love surprises!

--- Unknown Location ---

*Boy 1 and Child entered a somewhat luxurious bedroom, with the Child closing the door behind them. With eyes closed, the Child listens for any signs of interruption, merely hearing the fading voices of Mother and Boy 2, before sighing and turning to Boy 1 once more, smiling at him gently*

Child: I know I’ve said it before…..but I missed you. *reaching over to gently stroke Boy 1’s cheek with a hand* They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder. I hadn’t believed that I would be able to be more fond of you than I already am, but….*sighing shakily, the Child rests their head on Boy 1’s shoulder* it has become almost a physical ache. You’re like a balm to that, love. Would that I could stay by your side without worry….

*The boy gently strokes the child hair, breathing deeply to get a whiff of their scent*

Boy 1: Welcome home, my love. I wanted to say it once more. Two, three seasons are far too long to be parted. I hate that this frivolous war has eaten away at our time - time I should be by your side, time where I should be training to be a better bride, worthy of you. I'm forced to be a soldier instead.

Child: It is a feeling I share. Despite what people may think, my talents lie not in war, but in life. That we are forced into something that is our inverse, it feels as though the weight of the lies taken weighs down on me. I had hoped that it would not get to the point that you would feel the same...I hope that in that, at least, I could protect you. Truly, I am a despicable partner, am I not? That I couldn’t protect you from the pain...

Boy 1:  Despicable?

*The boy chuckled sweetly*

Boy 1: if you are so, then what does that make me? My love, may you lend me your ear?

Child: Of course. *leans in close* What is it, love?

*Chu - a faint kissing sound echoes around the room.*

Boy 1: Take me with you. I’ll train where you are! That way we-

Child: No….I can’t do that….As much as I would love to…..But, as heart wrenching as it is to say, even if I was to argue to the heavens and beyond, it would not be permitted. There are reasons why they never pare lovers in the same barracks. They believe it would be a….distraction….* Gently pulling Boy 1 close* That you exist, that you love me enough to want to plunge into the depths of war at my side….you are my reason for living, far beyond any duty.

*Biting his lip, the boy pulls away from the embrace and, with head bowed, he steps away from the child, hair shielding his eyes, masking the tears that quietly fall, hoping to falsify composure, even as he refuses to look at the other. His heart weighed down by heavy apprehension, anger, sorrow and pain*

Boy 1: … Fine... I will remain here alone… Forget that I even brought it up… I'm sorry, but I believe I left something in mother’s chamber.

Child: *Calling Boy 1’s name, the Child quickly approaches him and hugs him from behind* …..Please….do not hold me in contempt for something I cannot change….If it were up to me….if it were within my power….I would never leave your side. I would be with you, always….I….That you hurt because of me….*Screwing up eyes* …..If….if I truly cause you pain, I ask of you that you be my end, rather than some enemy….If you were to ever resent me….or hate me….even if it’s for something I couldn’t control, then I would rather die than be that cause. Please…..Love….Don’t walk away…..

Boy 1: I don't wish for you to feel pain… nor do I wish to be shackled by it. I wish not to be a burden onto you, nor cloud your vision as you work. So… so maybe this might be best if we do part… I love you with everything I am, but it doesn't seem to work. Whether it be society or fate… destiny it seems to want us apart. Maybe they are telling us something. But even though I know this, my foolish heart still wants to be beside you... but I don't know if I have the strength.

Child: I refuse to see that as an option. You are far stronger than you give yourself credit for. If fate was telling us we are to be apart, then Mother would not approve of us. She is not cruel. She would not lead us on, people in her favour. So I refuse to believe that any kind of standing, or fate is in our way. This is a mere stepping stone, but we will break through that, and we will prove that we are not just governed by such a terrible idea. To give up now, would be to tell us both to die. And I made a promise to myself that I would protect you, that even if it cost me my last breath, I would never allow for you to come to harm, be it from the war, or people with more arrogance than there are countries, or even from myself. And if I must, then I will also protect you from the doubt in your heart.

*Pulling Boy 1 around to look at them, the Child holds onto Boy 1’s shoulders and stared him directly in the eyes*

Child: What I ask, is only a little more time. I have an idea, but in order for it to work, I need for you to believe in me, the way that I believe in you.

*The boy tries to wipe his tears away, but the endless stream still flows*

Boy 1: I... I believe in you m-my love….
*Words barely audible, quiet, but there, clinging onto what little power they posses.*

Child: Then know this: no matter what, I will find a way that we will remain together, even when we are apart. And No matter what, once the war is over, I will never leave your side. *With a slight joking smile* You may even get fed up of me one day, but you will find that I can be rather possessive of what is mine.

Boy 1 : I like it when you’re possessive  *Chuckles*

*The Child brings Boy 1 close, to that their forehead rests against his, his teasing grin softening into a loving smile*

Child: But you have my word, that when the trials are done, we will live together in our own Utopia, where we will never again feel the strife of war, nor the pain of separation. And I also promise that, no matter what gods might protest, what society might say, or what pig headed simpletons may try to convince others of, I will love no other but you. You are my everything.

Boy: My love!!! Until my dying breath and thereafter, I will love only you! So, tonight, don’t leave me, so we can make up for the minutes, hours, days we’ve been apart!

Child: Your wish is my command. Until we have made up the time together, I shall me as a limpet. *offering a smirk* You may rename me ‘Heaven’s Limpet’, as you will need a heavenly crowbar in order to prise me from your side.

Boy 1 cocks his head to the side and a faint bell sound rings in the Child’s ear.

Mother: *sigh* i told you no deflowering him, he needs to be ‘somewhat’ pure buy the time his  coming of age ceremony happens. jeez.

Child: *smirks slightly as face buried into Boy 1’s hair* Worry not. I will be careful. There are many things one can experience without being deflowered. Yes, many things...

Mother: *Sigh* I don’t even what to know…

Boy 1: M-my love, why do you have a dark smile on your face? It’s scaring me. Did I do something wrong?

Child: Ah, no, love. I am merely warning a certain fly on the wall to avert their eyes, let’s they see something they should not. And just contemplating how much joy I can give you before you can make a sound. *voice dropping to a purr* Would you like to take part in such an experiment? I wish to give aaaaall my attention solely to you...

Boy 1: Fly…? Experiment…? Um...Ok, I guess?

--- Later that night ---

Mother: I swear, I spoil those two...

Boy 2: Soooo... why aren’t we pranking them, again?

Mother: They’re in the middle of important work, so it’s best we do it another time.

Boy 2: Ah, I see.

*Back in the luxurious room, the boy clings to the child, nuzzling while he occupies the land of dreams, peaceful and in bliss; He softly speaks his lover's name.*

Child: *Gently running a hand through his hair, eyes half closed* Mm? What is it, Love?

*The boy still deep in his slumber mumbles a soft note*

Boy 1: My love, m… me...marry me…. Say… yes….

Child: *Eyes softening with quiet joy and deep affection, the child closes their eyes and nuzzles closer* When the war is over, I will. My answer will always be yes, if it’s for you. Forever and ever….

*The peaceful night passes quickly and quietly, leading one to a brighter day, with a promise in both their hearts and rejuvenated spirits, to guide them onto a better future.*

[END] 

No comments:

Post a Comment