Wednesday 16 November 2016

What's Your Zombie Apocalypse Plan?



--- Last Time ---

???: Hah, it’s not a problem….yet anyway. But if it becomes one, you’ll be the first to know. Anyway, why exactly did you call me again? Were you wanting a distraction?

Little Flower: OH YEZS, you were saposed to send me a pic! I gave you two hot pics of me. I want one or five in return! Girl needs to eats! ‘N keep a couple in my album... but you’re not spoed to know that. Once I get that I’m.. Off.. to.. B-ed…. Pluss I misss you. *Eyes growing heavy*

???: *Trying not to chuckle* of course. I’ll be sure to get right on that. And don’t worry so much. I’ll be seeing you soon enough. Now, be sure to take care of yourself. And play nice with your new ‘partner’.

Little Flower: *Nodding off* Who said I’m… worried… ‘n the only partner for me is you. Don’t you know that?... I lik…. *Soft breathing as she finally falls asleep*

???: *Smile fading slightly* I know… *Sighing* I know. Sleep well, partner

--- X’s Residence, Beijing, China ---

* Early morning after the initial meeting with X and subsequent stay at X’s residence, ??? sits in the main study, a file in hand that had been compiled about the state of the Jiangshi that X had reported the day before. With a frown on his face, ??? flicks through the file, his free hand drumming his fingers on the desk that he is sitting on, somewhat displeased.

???: I still have no idea why certain people seem so obsessed with things like Necromancy. The dead should stay dead. What’s the point in the natural cycle of nature if idiots decide to attempt to step into godly territory? I have never seen or heard of a case when a mortal decides to try to become god-like ever ending well, so why do they continue to try?

X: Hmp, i’ve only seen it work once. But it doesn't seen like these attacks are… no.. there not…. It just doesn't make sense… could it?

???: Well? Even if it’s only a theory, it’s better than nothing. What do you have for me?

X: Individually, these attacks seem random…. But look.

*He types away on his computer and the monitor behind him springs to life, showing locations on a map and the dated of the attacks*

X: look where they’re hitting - these aren’t not major cities, but the suburban areas; populated enough to cause an outbreak, but not enough to spread a pandemic. Why do you think that is?

???: Well, my first thought is that, whoever is doing this, is hoping to keep things under wraps. Large cities with any kind of undead, especially the type that can suck out life energy, would cause panic, and you know how fast word can spread, what with social media. Not to mention the fact that there’d be CCTV all over urban areas. Suburbs….well, you can keep that under wraps, if you’re very careful. Someone doesn’t want this known, so it’s not your usual ‘take over the world with terror’ plan.

*??? Leans closer to look at the patterns with a frown.*

???: Is there more that you’re able to pick up? You’ve been looking into this longer than me. What am I missing?

X: You’re not far off the mark, but look at the areas again. They’re getting closer to the major cities with each attack. Not only that, but this type of news isn't going unnoticed and it’s not like the mundane are just sitting and doing nothing - they’ve begun to close of their borders and isolating the affected and near by areas.

*He huffs, looking slightly annoyed.*

X: Like that will do anything. The only thing that it’s going to accomplish is isolation and a clear path to the major cities…. Wait. Do you think that’s what they’re planning!?! Then... this is bad: it means that we don't have a lot of time till they reach here!  Look at the date: with each month, they’re getting closer and the attacks more frequent!

???: Calm down. Panicking won't accomplish anything.

*Lightly jumping off the desk, he moves around to X’s side to take control of the mouse and send the map to the printer, so he could add it to the rest of the file*

???: I’ll handle this personally. What My minions and I don’t manage to take out will be a test for Pandora, unless they really aren’t up to the challenge. But someone wants to play with fire in my territory, they’re going to get burned. I suppose in a way, my pyromaniac tendencies will have a use, here. Heh.

X: Try not to burn down the whole of China, will you? And what exactly will you do about the ones causing this mess? For this to be truly over, you’ll have to do something about them.
I believe that it would be best if we split in two groups. As skilled as you are, Master ???, you and that little group won’t be able to handle the this on your own. Myself and half of the clan will do what we can to find and stop the priests responsible for this. Meanwhile, it would be best for you to look after the safety of the people with ‘Y’ and the other half. I’ll send a messenger as needed.

???: ...Normally, I would have to have words with you for trying to command, again, when the clan is Mine…. but in this case, it’s unfortunately the most practical thing to do. Fire is a big weakness of Jiangshi, and….well, I’ve always been pretty gifted with fire.

*??? sighs, taking out the printed out map and slipping it into the file*

X: I do what's best for our people - they are my one and only priority at present. I will go back to being your servant after we’ve dealt with the fools responsible. Right now, all I want to do is cull the bastards tainting this land… there were good people down there, and now…..

*He take a breath trying to steady his anger*

???: *Eyes hidden by his bangs, face turning grim* X….you do realise I was just joking, right? I know very well where your priorities lie and you know I’m grateful to you, that you care for them so much. I just tend to deal with my anger with humour, otherwise I would act rashly and do something I might regret. So, I’ll use my dark humour...for now, at any rate. The people don’t need my rage before it can be directed at the one’s responsible. Rest assured, that I’m saving that rage purely for our people, and I will bring those who caused this suffering to justice. I will avenge those who have already fallen, and I will save our people from these abominations. I’ll leave subduing our Taoist up to you. But, in return, try not to kill him. Just subdue, if possible.

*A dark grin crosses his face as the fingers of his free hand twitch, as if wanting to tear through something*

???: After all, I would very much like to make sure our would be ‘god’ gets just the attention they deserve.

X: I’ll Do my best. I’ll update you if i find out anything.

???: Good. I’m counting on you to do good work as usual. But for now, its time to do my duty to our people as well, be they supernatural or mundane. After all...Jiangshi, used like this? They don’t need to have such a pitiful existence.

*Heads towards the door with a backward wave, he leaves the office in order to meet with the subordinates that he parted ways with the day before, his expression turning somewhat grim, eyes narrowed with suppressed righteous anger, focusing it into a weapon to use against the upcoming foe*

*An hour drive to the nearby bar, the sounds of the three agents and a two women yelling can be heard loudly over a crowd*

Woman 1: You Ass! How could you play with us like that?!

Subordinate 1: ...You didn't have to hit me like that...

Woman 1: Whad’you say! Your lucky I didn't bash your brains out! How could you go from me to that hussy?! You really have no taste!

Woman 2: Excuse me! Don’t drag me into this - I’m as much a victim as you you here and if you’re going to throw insults, look at you! Humph! Who raised you to dress and act like that…? Look around, you whore - your yelling has caused a scene.

Subordinate 3: They're both right, your playing arround caused all of this.

Subordinate 1: Hey! Aren't you supposed to be on my side?!

Subordinate 3: Since when?

???: It’s quite true. I did tell you to behave, after all. And you dug yourself into this hole. You reap what you sow.

Subordinate 1: Sir…

Woman 1: Oh wow! He’s gorgeous! Hey, are you single?

Woman 2: God, you’re as bad as that ass! I’m leaving.

???: Forgive my subordinate's behaviour, Ladies. I’m afraid that he is something of a fool. Rest assured that he will be receiving proper punishment for his infidelities.

Woman 2: From the way he dodged your question, I would assume so.

Woman 1: Awwha… Fine, but you better do a better job than that sucker punch I gave him just now! I’m counting on you, mister boss man!

*She winks as she blows a kiss. The other woman, trying not to shake her head as she walks away, dragging the woman off behind her*

Subordinate 2:...Well, you should be glad that Master ??? saved your ass from getting killed. Again. Seriously, man, you need to stop this or you’re literally going to get ripped apart by the wrong kind of woman one day.

Subordinate 3: If it saves my sex from the likes of him, then I’ll do it myself.

*Points gun directly at the fool*

*??? Grabs hold of the gun and points it towards the sky*

???: Enough of this. Start a gunfight here and I’ll have the lot of you up before Madam Pouvell and out of Pandora before you can say ‘Insubordination’. We have work to do. I have no time for you to be playing around when people have been dying. So, if you please, shut up and pay attention.

All 3 Subordinates: YES SIR!

???: Good.

*Passes them the file*

???: Read through this and pass it on as soon as you do. It has all the information on what exactly we’re dealing with in this mission. We don’t have room for any screw ups here. Even as we speak, more people are at risk.

Subordinate 1: ...The hell is this…? It’s way out of my field! I don’t do the undead!

Subordinate 3: The hell you don’t! We’re Pandora agents! We’ve been given a case and we’re going to do it!

Subordinate 1: Yeah, yeah. So, are there at least any ways of defeating the dead…? Holy water….? A cross….? Holy fire? Anything!?

???: *In a sarcastic tone* No, there’s no way to defeat them, I’m sending you to your deaths.

*He rolls his eyes*

???: There are indeed, ways to defeat them. Several, in fact. And, if you actually turn the page, I have made sure to include notes on ways to do just that. Do you have no faith in me? I wouldn’t send you out there if I didn’t think you could handle it. And besides, I’ll die before I let those I have command over be killed. So, use your heads and trust me.

Subordinate 1: Eh, oh, yes, um, sorry about that. I’ll get started on trying to get the locals to wear these bell things - I think a local temple was selling then as charms.

Subordinate 3: I’ll see what I can do about finding safe houses, just in case the worst happens.

Subordinate 2: I’ll see about making sure that the people are away from the route that the creatures are taking. So long as they don’t get caught out on the streets, it should help to prevent the creatures from taking more lives. We may need to bump things up to a complete evacuation of the city if an all out purge is needed

???: Very well. You know what you need to do. Get moving and stay in touch. The moment you see any of the Jiangshi approaching, make sure to inform me. By then, I’ll have back up to help exterminate this ‘plague’. Dismissed!

All 3 Subordinates: YES SIR!

*As soon as there dismissed the communicator begins to ring*

???: *Flips open the communicator* X. What do you have for me.

Y: You should read caller ID at the top, my friend, hahah. X called me this morning and brought me up to speed on your plan. I’ll be able to gather everyone by noon, so leave that up to me! Just message me when you need the brunt of the force and what abilities you’ll need in the areas. I’ll do the rest.

???: Heh, should have known I could count on you guys to be on the ball. My apologies, Y. But I’m going to assume that X is there, too. I know he wouldn’t just run off after giving you the heads up. Let him know that I’ve got my minions started on limiting any casualties once the Jiangshi start getting too close. If all goes well, we won’t have to worry about any innocents while we deal with our little pest issue.

Y: Good, good. Keep them on there toes, I’ll be sending some of my men your way. As reinforcement, they may look scary, but they will guard the city with their lives. Anyway, enough talk. You’ll be seeing them by evening.

???: Heh, don’t worry. I doubt I’ll be scared of the backup. Make sure you do your part, and I’ll do mine. Until this evening, Y, X.

*Clicks the communicator off and gives a dark smirk as he clenches the communicator in his fist. A short while later, his personal device rings*

Little Flower: Hey… I’ve got a hangover and I don't remember anything, but, apparently, I called you last night. But, yeah, whatever I said, please forget it. Oh, ‘n I saw this thing… about a temple with a lot of foxes that run around: apparently it’s really cute. Wanna go sometime?  Also, I can tell from your breathing pattern: you’re pissed. You ok?

???: Ah...Just a few things that came up with a mission. A few dogs that really don’t know their place that need putting down. It looks like I’m going to be busy for a while rounding them up. So, if I don’t reply to you for a bit, it’s likely I’m just on the job. Once I’m done, remind me on about that temple. I’ll give you a reply then.

Little Flower: Damn... on your time off as well! Sorry ‘bout that. Try to rest if you can ‘n, if you play your cards right, I’ll give you one of my special massages next time I see you - I know it mellows you out for a bit, so... work hard, k? Also, there was this right fluffy one on the ad for the temple. It reminded me of you a little bit. It’s cute, but it had this kind of... smirk to it… Can foxes even smirk?

???:  Oh yes, they can. Didn’t you know? You’re in Japan, right? Did you know they have Nogitsune there? They loooove to play tricks. Watch yourself, honey.

Little Flower: What’s with you people and superstitions? Fox spirits aren’t real. They’re just folklore. Jeez.

???: Well, they do say that even myths have basis in reality. But come on, let me have my fun. I’m sure there’s….heh….no way you have a fox tricking you. Heheh.

Little Flower: Girl, bye! How can it trick me if it ain't real! But, yeah, I better not see your trolling self in cosplay with fluffy ears and a tail… Wait a minute! That would really sell! Scratch that: do it! I’ll get paid MILLIONS from your fangirls… 60-40, like usual, I promise.  

*She see dollar signs everywhere*

???: Uuuuuh huuuuuuh…..Welp, I’m afraid I have to cut this short. Like I said, I’m going to have a lovely time cutting down my new prey, so I’ll have to indulge in your fantasies some other time. I’ll save you a souvenir! Ciao.

Little Flower: Y-yeah bye! Be careful!!!

*The device cuts off. With a sigh, ??? turns his attention to the city and his expression shifts to one of a humourless smirk*

???: Well then...Let’s get started.

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment