Sunday 13 November 2016

Home Sweet Home



--- Last time ---

Voice: Sir? Sir, wake up. We’re almost at our destination.

???: ….I….see. *Rubbing his eyes blearily, a slightly troubled expression on his face*

Voice: Did you have a bad dream, sir?

???: Bad….? You know I….really aren’t sure...

--- Beijing, China ---

*Having been dropped off in the city of Beijing by the Pandora hired transport, ??? and his subordinates ease their way through the throngs of people littering the streets, looking for a specific meeting point. Despite the weird dreams from before, ??? seems somewhat upbeat*

???: Ah, it seems like it’s been years since I’ve been home. It’s nice to hear my native language again. *glances at the others* I know, I know, we’re not here on vacation, but still, it feels nice to be back.

Subordinate 1: Indeed, but we can make a few stops to relax now and then? We did arrive a day ahead of schedule. So, why not whined down before getting back into action? I mean, look, there are a lot of beautiful girls around - why not stream your feet a little? Soak up the culture, boss!

Subordinate 2: …. Is woman all you think about? The boss decides on where we go and what we do.

Subordinate 3: He's gonna get beat up again, I can feel it.

???: Well, if we have some free time, we can always split up for now and meet up later. That way, you can go play with the ladies and get yourself slapped a few times, and I can catch up with a few people and not get my hair pulled out and my ears ripped off by a certain partner of mine. I happen to like not being deaf. Or dead. Kinda ruins my image, you know?

Subordinate 2: *Chuckle* She got you on a short leash, sir.

Subordinate 1: Are you sure nothing?

*Subordinate 1 receives a shot sharp punch to the kidneys*

Subordinate 2: Consider that a warning, idiot… you never seem to learn!

Subordinate 3: I was right… moron

???: Hey, you want to explain things to that woman? Cause I happen to think of it less as a short leash, and more of a….better ease of life and better working partnership, in all honesty. Besides, there’s teasing her, and then there's just plain pissing her off. She’s no fun when she’s actually mad at me, you know? And besides, she has enough ideas in her head that I’m a playboy of some kind. I get enough of an earful about playful flirting.

*??? Chuckles slightly, before turning to the others*

???: Anyway, you guys know where we’re meeting up, right? So go relax, have fun, try not to spend all your money on booze and hookers, though, since if you have a hangover, I’m still working your asses off tomorrow, so it’s your own faults if you feel like ass, ok? Ok. So go, play, have fun, whatevs.

Subordinate 1: YES!!!!!

Subordinate 2: *Sigh* I’m gonna have to keep an eye on him, aren't I?

Subordinate 3: …. Sir sounds like…. Nothing. Don't push yourself too hard, sir.

*With that, the three leave*

???: Heh, what are they worrying about. I don’t push myself that hard….heh….

*Coughing uncomfortably, he quickly looks around to get his bearings for a moment, before smirking slightly*

???: Welp, no time like the present. I wonder how the old dragon’s been getting on?

*After a few minutes of walking through the city, ??? approaches a large office like building, which he looks up at for a long moment, before a smile crosses his face and he moves from the flow of the crowd. Once he enters the doors, he goes towards a receptionist, who had been sitting at the desk. With a grin, he leans on the desktop*

???: Morning! I was wondering if the boss is free right now. I have something to chat with him about.

Secretary: Great timing; he just got back from a meeting. This way, master ???

???: Thanks, doll. Lead the way.

Secretary: *Chuckle* This way

*After a while, they arrive at the office of ???’s associate*

X: Good morning Master ??? it's been awhile since you’v last set foot in here. So much so i was beginning to think you were dead.

???: *Snorting slightly, he lightly sits on the desk* You should know by now that I’m not that easy to kill. I think death might be a little scared of me, or I just annoy death to much for it to want anything to do with me, in case I annoy him for eternity. Haha!

X: … So how may I help you. You must have come here with a purpose, have you not?

*He slowly reached out for a cigar box located under his desk, selecting one and offering to ???*

???: As much as I like you, I’m afraid that I can’t accept your proposal, dear. I didn’t know you felt that way about me, though! *laughing slightly* But anyway, what makes you think I wasn’t just checking up on an old pal?

X: ‘Pal’? Were we ever such a thing? You never come to my office personally without wanting something.

???: Does that mean you don’t like me any more? I see how it is. *Fake sniffing*

X: To the point, please. I’m very busy. I have no time to be playing with the likes of you.

???: ...Tch *Becoming more serious, almost regal* Very well. I had hoped if nothing else that you would have at least dropped some of that bitterness by now. But do realise that I could, if I wanted, demand you play along. Still, out of respect for you, I’ll get to the point. I need an update on the supernatural movements through china. While you're at it, a report in general would be good. You forget that even if my attention is somewhat elsewhere that China is mine. So, I wonder why it is that my reports from you and the others have been more lacking. Do I need to remind you both of your places?

*Gritting their teeth X, flips open a laptop, clicking onto a file and then switching off the lights as the screen behind him flickers to life.*

X: There have been a few… incidents that have been arising. For the most part, they are under control…

???: *Eyes flash ever so slightly, his lips downturning* What kind of ‘incidents’?

X: Jiangshi, to be precise. There have been several sightings of them of late. We don't understand how their numbers have grown, but we are dealing with the problem. We did not think it was a big enough deal to alert you.

???: I’ll consider the problem being more ‘dealt with’ when the source of them is discovered. Until whatever Taoist is found and stopped, the Jiangshi will continue to rise in number. While in the past creation of Jiangshi was merely to move around the dead bodies to another location, these days, there are far easier ways than using spiritualist methods to move around bodies. If Jiangshi are being created in numbers, then one can only assume that this person isn’t going to be stopping any time soon.

X: I had a few leads that led on a wild chase… but I’m coming up dry at present.

???: Hm…. *Touches his chin thoughtfully, eyes darkening in thought* Then its entirely possible that this will gather the attention of Pandora….Well, no matter, it could make for an interesting test if nothing else. Besides, it would be wrong of me not to investigate whoever is causing trouble in my territory. After all, they should know by now that this is my land. So if they want to cause trouble here, then they should realise that it would get the attention of the Owner, wouldn’t you say? So, for now, if you can gather what information you already have, what leads you’ve already followed. For now, I think that it’s something that I should look into, maybe let Pandora play around with. But whatever to whatever end, it’ll be a lesson not to mess with what’s Mine.

X: Quite territorial of you… Well, I guess it’s in your nature.

*He pulls out a pen drive from his breast pocket and slides it over to ???*

???: Well, of course. Would you expect less from me? *smirking, he gently tosses the pen drive in the air and snatches it once more* Well, I’m usually one to follow my instincts. And I would certainly make a poor leader if I didn’t protect what’s mine. Still, I have to wonder if the Taist in question is even truly aware of just whose wrath he might be invoking. I always find that these kinds of people, who use their powers in such a manner, are usually quite arrogant. They forget just who they might be messing with. Humans, even mystic ones, really can be such foolish creatures.

*X mutters under his breath.*

X: And whom is more arrogant: a man who steals from another, or a man who raises the dead?

???: Well...I suppose we shall see, shall we not? There are many forms of arrogance. But it’s if one has the power and the control to back it up that makes the difference in the end. But either way, we will see once the victor is decided.

X: And what will you do if Pandora and their little agents are not enough for this? I heard that they’re sending out fresh meat onto the field. I doubt that they will be able to handle this. To be honest, I don't think it’s one individual doing this. Because if it were so, they would need an ungodly amount of power to spread that far and raise that many.

???: Well, *Sits back against the desk slightly, smirk widening.* I have a particular group in mind in Pandora who I believe have more potential than you’d think. Not to mention, I never said I’d leave them to scurry around unattended. After all, if a king doesn’t lead, how should he expect his subordinates to follow? If things get too tough, well….I have never had a problem getting my hands dirty.

X: Humph! Well, lets see how far this little group of yours can go, ‘my king’. Also, do you have a place to stay for tonight? I doubt you will be able to get to you own lodgings by tonight. If not, then you're welcome to stay at my estate.

???: Awwww, I knew you had a heart under all that coldness! Heh…. *Becomes a little more serious, but gently smiles* Still, thank you. I left my minions to have the night off, anyway, and I likely won't see them until we meet again tomorrow as it is, so I’ll take you up on that offer. It would be nice to catch up with things here, too. And, also….thank you, my friend. For looking after things while I’ve been away. I don’t know if I say it enough, but even if you still dislike me some, I do appreciate what the two of you do for me.

X: Humph. Are you getting old? The master ??? I know was never this sappy.

???: Heh, I wouldn’t say that. I suppose it is just something that happens when you have a lot of time to think on things. But I suppose you’re right. Think of it just as a flight of whimsy. Perhaps I missed China more than I thought. Who knows? Either way, be sure to inform the others, if you could. I’d rather Pandora focus on just the Jiangshi while they’re here. Anything else that goes on in the mystic world here is none of their business, after all.

X: Sure. Now, you should go and relax. Here’s the keys to my estate. I’ll be there later on once I’m finished here this evening.

???: Wow, I already get the spare keys? Awwww, darling, you spoil me so!

X: ...I regret giving you my keys.

???: *Winking and laughs before he jumps off the desk and, with a theatrical bow, heads out of the room, twirling the keys around his fingers for a moment before tucking them away* You know you love me. Laters!

--- Ten Minutes Later ---

*??? arrives at a somewhat traditional chinese estate. Using the keys given to him by X, ??? lets himself inside, pausing for a long moment beside a water feature within the estate’s gardens, his posture relaxing somewhat as he closes his eyes and listens to the sound of the water, the gentle breeze of the wind and the ambient sounds of the evening twilight*

Maid: Good evening, master ??? its been a while.

???: *Without opening his eyes* Good evening. It has been a while, hasn’t it? *finally opening his eyes, he looks to the maid by tilting his head slightly* Were you expecting me?

Maid: Yes sir, the Master called me a while ago. Now, this way.

???: *Nodding, he follows the Maid. The room he is lead to is a traditional looking chinese bedroom, the bed made with reddish coloured silk draped over white, dark wood against paler coloured walls. The garden that ??? favoured can be seen if he looks through the windows.*

Maid: I hope this room suites you fancy, sir.

???: This is fine. I’ve never truly been one for extravagance past comfort. The room is quite pleasant. Thank you.

Maid: Very well.

*After a short while, the communicator begins to ring*

???: *Quickly flicks the communicator open without looking at who was calling* What’s up?

Little Fower: you know… itz not true what they zay… you don’t get drunker when you’re flying….

???: …...Are you quite certain about that, because I’m pretty sure that’s a slur I can hear.

Little Flower: OH shut it… with you sexy face.. *Hic* Dummy head.

???: Well, at least I know that you like dummies with sexy faces. Should I be buying you a ken doll? Would that work for you?

Little Flower: Why whu’ I need that, when I ‘ave ones that talks… talking bout U! N whos said I love you, IDIOT!

???: ….What exactly do they serve on those planes?

Little Flower: Malaboo, rum, Rose wine, vodca, JD, some cheap stufz. God, he’s so cute, even when he looz tired. How, like you n’even hooman.

???: I’m beginning to think I’m listening to two conversations at once here…?

Little Flower: Them pic one, dummy head, dummy head!

???: OK, I’ll pick one - what’s this about ‘him’ being cute then, hmmmmmm?

Little Flower: You narcissistic bastard, who said you’re cute? N! Why are you spinning? ‘Nd why are strssed out? Vis said you were on holiday!

???: Ah, I am, of a sort. I’m afraid that there was a little bit of trouble when we arived, but I’m not stressed. Also, you were the one that was commenting on levels of cute, dear. Perhaps you should try not to drink too much more, otherwise you might be telling everyone on the plane your thoughts.

Little Flower: if it’s scindicet probles, you can tell me, I c’n ‘elp, *hic* ‘n shut up! The booz is free, so I’m drinking till the cows com‘ome, got it? ‘N I never said you were cute… liar liar, pand’s on fire.

???: Hah, it’s not a problem….yet anyway. But if it becomes one, you’ll be the first to know. Anyway, why exactly did you call me again? Were you wanting a distraction?

Little Flower: OH YEZS, you were saposed to send me a pic! I gave you two hot pics of me. I want one or five in return! Girl needs to eats! ‘N keep a couple in my album... but you’re not spoed to know that. Once I get that I’m.. Off.. to.. B-ed…. Pluss I misss you. *Eyes growing heavy*

???: *Trying not to chuckle* of course. I’ll be sure to get right on that. And don’t worry so much. I’ll be seeing you soon enough. Now, be sure to take care of yourself. And play nice with your new ‘partner’.

Little Flower: *Nodding off* Who said I’m… worried… ‘n the only partner for me is you. Don’t you know that?... I lik…. *Soft breathing as she finally falls asleep*

???: *Smile fading slightly* I know… *Sighing* I know. Sleep well, partner

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment