Sunday 4 February 2018

Tell Me A Fable: My Story Pt 8



Iyome: It would seem that you’re so fixated on this pipe-dream that you will not listen to reason. If I didn’t know any better that this is just the stupidity of youth then I’d have assumed the two of you to be bewitched. Very well then. If you won’t see reason now, that is fine. But until you can see the error of your ways, you will not be leaving this clan. In fact, you will remain in this room until you can grow up and see that not everything can be fixed by just making merry and singing a little song about changing the world.

Rozyus: PAPA! Y-

*However, Iyome did not look back, emotions of frustration and worry seemed to wash over him as he stood by the closed door*

Rozyus [Muffled voice]: Damn that old man!!!!

*Iyome said nothing, running his hand through his hair, listening to the agonising sobs of his child. Shaking his head, he began to walk along the stone halls. Closing his fist as if to crush something, he sighed.*

Iyome: This is for the best.

Venus: Is that so? Seems to me like someone overreacted.

Iyome: *frowning* I did only what was-

Iyome & Venus: *Unison* Right for the clan.

Venus: Yes, I’m aware. But maybe, just maybe, you should do right by your ‘daughter’. Right now, you’re trying to snap and rework the string that I so meticulously wove. You’re playing with my subjects and doing my work…. Making it harder. Making me work harder. There’s so much negative emotion emitting from that boy now that you might as well be serving him up on a silver platter.

Iyome: My affairs and my child are none of your concern, so I suggest-

Venus: *Dark aura* Suggest what? Hmm~?

Remember that it is I, not you, who reigns over love. It is I, not you, who has the right to inflict their power in this matter. Your behaviour today was disgusting. Injuring your best student…. Breaking your child heart! And even destroying Inari’s seal!!! Are you mad?! ...I used to see you as a wise man, but all that remains is a desperate idiot, so focused on the past that you can’t even begin to look at the future, and they are paying for it!!!

*The young woman eyes looked as if she were about to cry.*

Iyome: Don't give him false hope. I’ll only make him hurt more.

Venus: *Fading away* Says the one who hurt him in the first place. Knowing that… you have no right to talk. If you want a puppet, then go make him so. But know this: the moment you force that child’s had is the moment you ruined his chance at happiness for eternity. Are you prepared for that?

Iyome: ...Yes…. if that is what it takes…

Venus: *Fading away* Then be prepared for the consequences.

*Meanwhile, with a yell of anger, Rozyus punched the door, which, predictably, did nothing but cause his hands to hurt even more, and stormed back to the bed, flopping on the sheets, seething with anger and trying to ignore the welling despair that seemed to be trying to claw its way out of his throat. He knew his father was stubborn, but to go this far, to literally harm his own student, to lock Rozyus away in his room as if he were some criminal and this a gilded cage...And even so, he wouldn’t even listen to them! They hadn’t made their decision lightly, they had thought things through, how they could change the world. Maybe it wouldn’t be an instant easy fix as Iyome seemed to be trying for, but they would be helping everyone to move to a better future. If they didn’t, they would merely become stagnant in an effort to preserve what they thought of as perfection and many people would suffer for it in the long run. Why couldn’t he see that?

Grabbing one of his pillows, he bit down on it as he screamed in frustration, trying to hide the tears welling up in his eyes*

Voice: Well well, this does seem to be quite the mess…

*Breath hitching at the sound of a familiar voice, Rozyus launched up from the pillow and whipped around, eyes wide as the materialising form of the goddess Venus solidified in the room, standing there looking for all the world as if she had merely walked casually through the door*

Venus: Then again, with how he acted in Mother’s room, I’m surprised he didn’t do more damage. Obviously he took out enough on little Inari and had the rest calmed enough by Mother that he decided to resort to words instead of fists.

*Her expression, while as poised and beautiful as ever, had at least an edge of sympathy to it*

Venus: I do hope you are unharmed, boy.

*The boy’s eyes, hot, red and slightly puffed with tears, began to franticly fix his sorry state.*

Rozyus: *Panicked* I-if I knew you were to visit me… I would have-

Venus: *Gentle Eyes* You need not stand on airs, it is just me. A ‘Lady’ must know when it is time to cry, and when to stand tall. You are not weak, but when it comes to your breaking point, know when to stop. allow your emotions to flow, but to not get caught in the tide… one tends to drown that way.

Rozyus: But… but how am I going to get thought to him…? That stubborn ass won’t listen to reason! And… and…

*Venus sat at the edge of the bed. Resting the boy’s head in her lap, she began to pet his hair.*

Venus: My dear, do you know that makeup is the war paint of a woman?  

Rozyus: Huh? What does that have to-?

Venus: *Snapping her fingers.* Make up is the war paint of a woman. A dark brown around the eyes will streak if you cry, so you must not.  

A deep rouge, the hue of passion and rage. Your words can either make or break kingdoms. You are a woman and by nature it is the our one true power.  
 
A kiss of pink - you to show that you are indeed a woman, the fairer sex, not the weaker. You have the power to charm ‘men’ into doing as you please. After your tears have dried, I believe it is time for you to finally wear your colours. You are going to war - a war over your heart and your freedom. It is only fitting.

Rozyus: I…I still don’t understand….

Venus: You will soon. I will have my servant teach the attendants how to properly dress you and apply it. And, when you need me, I will be there. Right now, your love story is waning, the threads are starting to unravel, and it’s up to you both to allow those threads to become taught once more. Can you do that?

Rozyus: ...Yes…

Venus: Good. Now, saying that, I have a message from your love.

Message:

Inari: ‘Don’t give up, because I haven’t yet.’ I’ve got work to do to get there, but…More than anything, I don’t want Rozyus to feel despair. I love you.

--- One Week Later ---

*Though time had passed, it seemed that Iyome was being true to his word that he wouldn’t allow Rozyus to leave his room. However, this did not mean that the rest of the clan hadn’t learned of the events that had taken place on the day that Iyome had dragged his son through the compound and locked him away. Rumours had spread amongst them, though none could say what was truth or exaggeration, and tensions rose as no true answers were forthcoming, even as Iyome himself attempted to deal with some of the more outspoken.*

Leader 1: Lord Iyome, Princess. I seems history is repeating itself once again. However, I do not blame the Princess for her alleged actions, no… You cannot help what is in your blood, after all.

Rozyus: *Cold eyes and authoritarian tone and smile* Is that so? I would be careful, My lord. Remember, my father is your reigning king. Besides, we are the other side of the divine beings. To insult them is to insult ourselves. Do keep that in mind.

*Crowd chatter and a few of the elders laugh. Embarrassed, the man backs down.*

Leader 1: *Mutter* You little bitch…. How dare you!

Leader 2: Quite right, but that does not give them a pass. This doubly applies to yourself, ‘my lady’. It has come to our attention that you were branded with the mark of a slave recently. That you are in a…fling with a deity…. Is that true?

Leader 3: If that is the case, then we ‘insist’ that you renounce such a shameful act. It is bad enough to allow one of our sacred households to be… influence by their blood… If it is a mate you require, then look to one of our sons.

*The third elder gestures to a long line of men, some tall, some short, some handsome, some average looking men, all presented as the pride of the five clans.*

Leader 4: I assure you that they are skilled in the art of love and war, they all excel in their fields, whether it be tactics or combat. Our sons will make a fine addition to your blood. Hopefully, within a generation or so we will bring back the purity to your blood once more. Pick as many as you wish.

Rozyus: *Disinterested* Hm. Is that all you old men care about? How blue your blood is?
As charming as I’m sure they are, I-

Iyome: I believe that is a wonderful idea, getting to know your scuiters better.

Rozyus: ...You’re fucking me right? You’re intentionally ignoring the mood, right?

Iyome: I’m sure that once the Princess gets to know your sons, she will be able to chose and bare a new stronger generation.

Elders: Indeed. Well spoken. Then it is decided: the princess shall spend time with the sons of all our clans and-

Rozyus: *small voice progressively getting louder* All of you… You barberions! SAVIGE DOGS!!! I already have a M.A.T.E! So leave us be with your-

Iyome: ROZYUS!!!

*The boy rose to his feet, flipping off everyone in the room. He hastily addresses the men in the room one last time before using the flower walk to leave the room.*

A/N:(Flower Walk)The sequence of movements, though seemingly unrelated to the untrained eye, were what everyone knew was the beginning of the flower walk, the initial building of kinesthetic force that would make the user appear as if they were teleporting due to the pure speed and the energy left behind in the form of what most represented them.

Rozyus: I will not partake in this! I renounce this B.S dick measuring contest you’re all having. I am not a piece of cattle!

I am not prepared to break my vows to the man I love, and I will not betray our love. Not for you, father, not for anyone…. Like I said before…this is your mess - keep me out of it!

Iyome: Rozyus! Rozyus, get back here at once!

*The room, fell silent once more, all eyes now on Iyome. Coughing into his hand, Iyome straightened out his attire. One of the suitors stepped forward, slowly walking towards him before turning around and addressing the agitated crowd.*

Suitor 1: I do not believe that love can come from force. Instead, let us look to the more logical solution to our predicament. The answer is simple: We must woo the princess. Should she fall for one of us, then she will renounce her perceived love for the god she is currently infatuated with. This cannot be done through aggressive means, but with patience and a gentle hand. To put pressure on her will only force her to flee. Besides, a caring touch...I believe it is something that might benefit us all to put into practice, wouldn’t you agree, my lords?

*There was a low murmur amongst the crowds, though the five lords nodded in agreement before dismissing the meeting. As some of the crowds began to leave the room, the Suitor bent down, plucking one of the petals left behind from Rozyus’ hasty exit, bringing it up to his eye as he turned it in his fingers, sharp eyes scanning over the construct for a moment. Barely noticable, a thoughtful frown crossed the man’s face, before he lowered his arm once more. However, unseen by any of the others still conferring amongst themselves, the Suitor tucked the petal into one of his sleeves before turning to the lords once more*

Suitor 1: For now, it would seem that there is little more that we can do here since the one in most need of being convinced has vacated the hall. I’m afraid that I am also currently inflicted with a rather full schedule. If we do not have more to discuss, then I’m afraid I must take my leave.

*A slight bow, fist over heart*

Suitor 1: If you will excuse me, my lords.

*The young man left the hall, gesturing to his two beasts, ruffling their fur before stroking it once more. They returned the notion by licking the man’s cheek. Once their affectionate play was over, he walked them out of the building, making sure that few people were around before pulling out the petal, allowing his beasts to track the sent.*

Suitor 1: Lead me to the Princess. While I’m sure she would prefer not to have visitors right now, I feel it would only harm her to be alone. If I can ease her suffering a little from this, then I will apologize for intruding upon her solitude once I’m certain she is well after the commotion.

*He watched for a moment as the beasts took the scent of the petal before lowering their noses to the ground, sniffing for any sign, before they both began to focus more intently. He smiled as he knew they had picked up on the trail.*

Suitor 1: Lead on.

*The boy had run far enough to be out of his father’s sight. The unfortunate thing was that, in his haste to flee, he had gotten himself lost. But it wasn’t all bad, he told himself. At least he was alone, at least the flowers and the gentle moonlight could keep him company. The boy walked over to a large tree, its roots arched in away he could use to lay upon for a while. He could think about returning home later. Right now all he wished was to see his beloved once more.*

Rozyus: ...The moon’s so big tonight… I wonder if he sees the same moon I am…? Inari, are your wounds better? Are you looking for me…? ‘Nari~ *Crying.*

*While the boy sobbed quietly, the Suitor had finally reached the place where Rozyus had fled to. However, he remained silent as he stayed in the shadows, observing the scene with worried eyes. He knew that, despite how the Princess had acted, it was obvious that a lot of pressure had built up for ‘her’. However, as much as he wished to comfort the boy, he knew appearing at that moment would only make him come across as the same type of person the pushy lords had been. She would only flee in retaliation, or push his help away with all the ruthlessness of a scorned woman.

However, the Suitor had an idea of how to help without setting foot into the moonlight. Silently, he knelt beside his lupine companions and, quietly, whispered into their ears before stepping back once more. With barks of acknowledgement, the two wolves loped into the moonlight to where the Princess sobbed, pressing their furry bodies against her as if in an attempt to seek affection, whining for attention.*

Rozyus: *Sniff* Huh?... W-where did you guys come from…? Are you lost too? H-hey! Don't lick me like that! Hahaha! It tickles stop!!! Haahhaha!

*The boys eyes were still somewhat blurred with tears. But he pet the wolves hugging one and petting the other. The wolves remained gentle, but playful. One licked the salty tears from his face and nose at his ears in affection, tickling at the sensitive insides with its whiskers while the over butted its head under the boy’s hand and shoved under his arm, tails wagging with enough force that it was surprising they didn’t take off into the air by the power of it alone.

From the shadows, the Suitor watched a little longer, making note of the watery smile and the more confident petting as the wolves helped to soothe him somewhat, enough, at least, that he was sure the boy wouldn’t flee should he intrude. With that in mind, the man stepped through the undergrowth*

Suitor: *Soft laugh* It seems you’ve made a new friend. I hope you’re not bothering the poor lady, you two. Not everyone you meet requires a bath, you know.

*Rozyus looked up from his furry friends. The sight of one of the suitors seemed to bring down his mood once more.*

Suitor: I’m sorry, Miss. I didn’t mean to disturb you when you would probably prefer not to see anyone from the clans right now. I’ll admit though, I was concerned for you. Not that I don’t believe you could take care of yourself at all, but the fact that you’re being pressured as you are. It’s not fair that you should take such a burden on yourself. My friends seemed to have the same thoughts in mind. They’re big softies, you know?

*He smiles fondly at the wolves for a moment, before the smile drops once more*

Suitor: If you’d prefer me to leave, I understand. I just couldn’t in good conscience leave anyone to suffer alone if I could provide some assistance.

Rozyus: *Blunt flat look* You can go. These fluffs can stay.

Suitor: *Slightly teasingly* Ouch. Rejected for my friends. I see how it is. Woe is me, abandoned by my favorite pooches, deserted. The agony!

*Pretends to faint, hand over his forehead*

Rozyus: Pft!

Rozyus [Inner thought]:*Mutter* Where have I seen that act before? ‘Nari…? No no it’s… Mama…  yea definitely Mama.

Rozyus: *Chuckle* They’re cute, they’re fluffy, they have no intention of forcing me to wed and they are far more civil than anyone in that meeting today…. Like I said before, sir, I already have someone I love. My heart won't bent to another, so I’m sorry, I-

Suitor: Forgive my interruption, but I have no intention of forcing anything. You are your own person, after all. Besides, all forcing you would do is cause resentment and misery. That’s no way for anyone to live. As I said before, it’s cruel that you’re in this situation in the first place.

*He shook his head sadly, gently running a hand over the head of one of his companions*

Suitor: All I hoped to do was to help. Dealing with the leaders even occasionally can be frustrating to the point of tears sometimes. Gods only know that I’ve been tempted to punt a few of them through a wall and don’t get me started on how often I’ve needed to force myself to stay awake during meetings. Don’t tell anyone, but after the sixth of seventh time about being lectured on ‘upholding the clan honour’ you begin to tune them out so much I ended up composing about two songs and come up with about five escape plans before I realise I missed the entire dressing down and have to pretend to look properly chastised.

Rozyus: *Laughs* You’re…weird. You’re not like the rest of them, are you?

Suitor: I do hope not. I think if there were lots of me running around the world might implode.

Rozyus: *Shakes head*  You’re so…. Truthfully, what can one say to that…? You… you truly have no intention of forcing me into anything?

Suitor: Exactly. You’ve made your stance perfectly clear. As you said in the hall, you’re not cattle or a doll, you are a living, breathing person with thoughts and feelings already forced into a horrible situation. What would be the purpose of making you miserable? No. Besides, it would be cruel to us both. Your heart longs for another. I would only be second place to him in your heart, even if I was cruel enough to follow through. It wouldn’t be fair on any of us.

*He offers a smile*

Suitor: If anything, I’d much rather be your friend. I doubt either of us gets much of an opportunity for that, due to our stations. And sometimes, having someone who won’t gasp at me in shock if I sneeze at the wrong time or dont have my hair and clothes just so after I’ve been training is much more preferable to me. It’s hard to have to act ‘lordly’ all the time. It sometimes makes me wonder that, if they’re so bothered about the purity of the lines why they don’t just marry your father instead. Uh...though if that were to happen I might need to drown myself to prevent my poor brain from ever seeing such mental images again.

Rozyus: *Chuckle* Well, at least we can agree on that… Hey, mind helping a poor girl up?
Suitor: Your wish is my command

*With a smile, the man sketches a mock bow to the boy before offering a hand to him, helping to pull the boy to his feet once more*

Suitor: And even after all that running not a stain on your clothes at all. What’s your secret? It’d save me a fortune in time from lectures.

Rozyus: It's a secret… Oh, before I forget, my name is Rozyus. Yours?

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment