Wednesday 14 February 2018

I'm Thinking About You Pt 2



--- Beijing, China ---

*It barely seemed like any time at all when Huxian became aware of the waking world once again, although even then, he didn’t bother to open his eyes, too comfortable on the soft bed to want to move beyond a stretch and get back to the work he was hoping to ignore for another five minutes or so. Even so, it seemed that the rest, even if it felt like only a short time, had been deep and restful enough that his body was insisting he should wake*

Huxian: Noooo….

*Groaning, he buried himself under the pillows and blankets, petulantly trying to ignore instincts for once in his life, A soft melodic ring barely forced a reaction from the young man. It was a message from distant partner..

However, unable to ignore the text for long, if only from burning curiosity, his hand snaked out from his blanket pile and dragged the phone into his fortress of comfort, blearily checking what his partner had wrote to him.*

Text:Good Morning Handsome, you up yet? Did you manage to rest last night? I hope so…

Well…. If you don't take care of yourself, I’d know… and, like I said before, you better not let anything happen to your beautiful face!!! That meant dark circles, scratches or otherwise, got it!!!

Well good luck on you mission, and hurry up so we can hang out soon. You’re lucky you have all the fun while i'm here studying culture and mannerisms….

Well yea… not quite sure what to say… if your need to talk im here… even if you dont neeed to… i’m here… call me when you can…

Stay safe...

Ro.

*A smile unconsciously stretched over his face. For all that Rodessa was a bad ass, kick ass kind of girl, and often making sure everyone thought that she was that and more, Huxian was one of the few people who got to see this side of her. She often worried for him, even if, in public, she often crowed about his trollish personality, making strangers think they were more likely to kill each other (Acquaintances, however, insisted that they would end up exploding from sexual frustration or end up having angry sex some day. He resolutely ignored those comments)

Still, deciding that there was no way he would be able to sleep more, he emerged from the blankets as he stretched, one-hand texting a reply*

Text: Hey beautiful, morning! I slept well enough. Feels like I just closed my eyes and woke up moments later, but I’m all ready to go for the day. I’m sure it’ll be busy, but meh. I can deal. I’ll be sure not to let my pretty face get all beat up for you, though. Wouldn’t do to ruin the best bits of myself, right? ;P

Don’t worry about me. I’ll be sure to pick you up a souvenir when I’m done! And I’ll call/text when I can. Got a mission briefing today. Joy…

Anyway, practice those curtsies and honorifics, honey bunch! There’ll be a pop quiz later!

Have fun!

‘Fluffy’

*Snickering at the thought of her expression she was bound to have at his reply, Huxian swung his legs out of the bed, absently swiping the clothing he’ll be wearing for the day and, heedless to his nakedness, wandered into the bathroom to prepare for the day, that same melodic chime rung again.*

Text: UCK! Don't even joke about that little miss Violet, over here's the biggest slave driver i’ve ever had the is fortune to be around, ‘your not bowing low enough you're using the wrong honorific you meh meh meh.’ It's only been seven hours an i'm already dead fuck me.

Also if your going to a meeting use that suit i got you the one that tailored fit three piece. Use the god cuff and you don't need the tie, it's only a briefing right?

Also high ponytail and let your hair drape around one shoulder it’ll bring out your cheekbones, that more serious masculine look with help your ‘minions’ focus on you more.

You’ll look hotter… and more boss like that way. Also send a pic i wanna see it :P

*Grinning a little at the message, he snickered a little. She had always been a bit of a fashionista, but she wasn’t often wrong. Besides, Huxian often got bored with hair styles and switched them up occasionally. Perhaps something simple as that would be for the best. Besides, once things really got going the last thing he would need to worry about was if a complicated hairstyle was still in place. Jiangshi weren’t going to play nice a few moments if his hair messed up after all. Besides, this mission would be serious. He couldn’t seem as though he wasn’t taking things seriously.

Seeing no reason to ignore her advice, he switched out what he had initially been about to wear and, with practiced ease, tied his hair in a high ponytail. Absently, he glanced in the mirror, carefully tweaking one of the shorter hair tufts that stuck out slightly with a half chuckle before taking a quick selfie in a James Bond-esque pose*

Text: Delivered as ordered, Princess!

As for Miss Pouvell, At least think of all the high class parties you could crash and no one would ever know if you survive the lessons. Just make sure to run if she brings out the cane and dunce cap :P

But hey, you’re a quick study. I’m sure you’ll get it before long. Chin up, hun!


*While Huxian was finishing sending the text, he sensed that someone else had joined him as well. Cocking a brow, he glanced around as his mentor/father figure glided in, a knowing look on his face that had the agent tense slightly, already knowing what the man’s tone was going to be even before he spoke*

Spector: Well, if it isn’t my grinning child. That look on your face says it all. And from your correspondents… are you sure you haven't taken her as your….? I mean, from an outsider’s point of view, you two do sound like your in your honeymoon stage, is all I mean

*Huffing, Huxian tucked the phone into the pocket of his trousers, a slight scowl across his face*

Huxian: What outsiders think doesn’t matter. People, especially humans, are very prone to jumping to conclusions. So we like to banter and friendly flirt - I friendly flirt all the time. It doesn’t mean I want to bang everything on two legs though, does it?

Specter: Ummm Hmm~ Is that so? But did you forget that one? She IS human - well as human as she can be - and she doesn’t feel for you in a platonic manner. You may want to show some restraint when handling the girl… for both your sakes. Distance in both senses of the word my be your best option.

Huxian: Oh, and that will go over well! If I pull back from how I usually act she’ll just assume she did something wrong or I’m pissed off at her for some reason. If I treat her differently from any other girl she’ll think my attention is on her a different way, or she’ll think I’m being an asshole. I might be an asshole sometimes, but not to my friends.

*He sighs heavily, moving to leave the room before glancing over his shoulder, a little apologetic for snapping, but feeling much tireder than he had that morning*

Huxian: ...I know you’re trying to help….and I’ll….try. Slowly, at least. But even if I could never be in some kind of relationship with her, she is still my friend and partner and her confident at times when she can’t get to her mutt. If she needs me in that role, I’ll be there. I made a promise, after all. I don’t think I can get away with being distant from her. And even if she has feelings for me, she already knows from some time ago that I don’t do relationships.

*He looks away once more*

Huxian: I appreciate the advice, but….I’ll handle it. And besides, my fake love life or whatever has no place here. Now unless a Jiangshi is trying to post me a love letter, I have hopping zombies to plan the extermination for, unless there’s anything important you needed?

Spector: Please, humour me, if just a moment. Hypothetically, if a man were to appear with feelings for her rivaling her adoration for you and manages to woo her successfully...what then? She is an attractive woman, after all. If you don't love her, someone else will. Where would that leave you? What will you do then? Were that to happen, you would have no right to claim her…..Or is this what you hope will happen?

Huxian: What part of Jiangshi attacks isn’t getting through here? Talk to me about this when lives aren’t at stake. I want these bouncing corpses off my territory.

*Not about to think of such distracting things when he had a mission to take care of - and as much as Rodessa was important to him, she had nothing to do with the Jiangshi about to attack the city when she didn’t even believe the supernatural existed currently and was on a completely different landmass. As such, his relationship with her had no bearing right that moment in time, no matter what the spirit thought.

That said, Huxian shot the spirit a quick look to shut down any further mention of Rodessa at this moment in time, before stalking out of the room. He had a meeting to attend.*

Spector: *Sigh* So you chose to deflect. Then there is nothing more I can say… Once your heart matures a little, I will come again.

*Knowing that if he looked back, the spirit would be gone, Huxian didn’t bother to respond, though he did want to snort at the mention of his heart’s ‘maturity’ - he had his priorities to take care of first and foremost. His responsibilities as the head of these agents was, after all, to deal with their current mission. His relationships came second. That was just how it worked.

Shoving away the hollow ache in his chest with practices ease, he strode into the room that the strategy meeting would be taking place in, good mood pretty much destroyed. It was fine, though. They needed Huxian the leader right now, not Huxian the insufferable troll.

As he stepped into the room, most of the agents were already there, with only a few to wait for. It was fine though, he was a bit early. Still, riled as he was, he stood quietly to wait for them, leaning against the wall with watchful amber eyes fixed on the doorway and arms crossed, prepared to step forwards and begin the meeting the moment the last agent had entered and settled. As if sensing his mood, the agents, who had been chatting amongst themselves, straightened, their conversations dwindling. After all, they were about to start a serious mission and, despite their banter on their down time, they were professionals.

Once the last of the agents had entered and settled into their seats, Huxian moved away from the wall and tugged down the projector screen, flipping the switch the show the map of the city with various marks showing positions of allies, bystanders and enemy positions to be used for the meeting*

Huxian: Agents, we have our mission.

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment