Sunday 7 January 2018

Tell Me A Fable Pt 8



*While the girls worked on the fate lines, Inari, frowning thoughtfully, made their way back towards the reflecting pool. As they peered into the crystalline depths, the water seemed to ripple and sparkle, changing hues before finally settling on a tree where Yozomarah was resting, gazing up at the stars.*

Yozomarah: *Sigh* Damn this foolish heart of mine, these...these childish desires…. Am I not grown…? Am I not capable to deny these foolish emotions…?


*Unknowing of the trio of watchers from the Viewing Waters, Lillyah collapsed against the trunk of one of the temple’s many wisteria trees, pressing their forehead and palms against the rough bark in order to muffle the sobs that broke from her lips. It hadn’t been long since her last encounter with her current master and it still left her reeling in the torrent of emotions that her kiss had left in her. It was hard to truly put into words in a way that she could have mad the god understand. It was hard to explain why she was still so attached to Yozomarah, despite the fact she had been rejected already, but the kiss from her current master just left a bitter tang in her mouth, as if she had betrayed the other god somehow. What was worse was her current master wasn’t a terrible person either, she just didn’t like him the way he liked her. Even if he had seemingly been talking sense about why she should move on, she just couldn’t and it made their encounter even more complicated than it already was.

It was as her sobs had petered off a little while choking for air that she heard the sound of moving undergrowth and she spun around in shock, only to discover, just beyond the flowers hanging low from the tree, was the shape of a person. The bows blocked the moon’s rays, leaving only the vague sense of a presence just beyond the barrier of branches*

Lillyah: *Muffled Sobbing* W-who goes there?

Shadowy Figure [Inner Thoughts]: Wait….is that….I recognise that voice. Lillyah? But if that’s the case….I can’t let her know who I am….but….

Shadowy Figure: ...I...was near and...heard you. Forgive my asking but….why are you crying…?

Lillyah: *Sniffing* It is of no concern of yours… why should I discuss personal matters to a stranger please leave me be...

Shadowy Figure: ...True enough….

Shadowy Figure [Inner Thoughts]: I should just leave it at that. Unless I want to let her know who I am and open us both to situations that we….or at least that I have been trying to get us to avoid, I should just leave this alone. But...she’s hurting. Maybe even more than when I hurt her. Funny how its seeing her tears now that is causing me to question leaving her alone. How weak am I?

Shadowy Figure: ...Sometimes, however….having the ear of a stranger is just easier to speak to than someone you know. It’s less likely to cause an emotional tie. If you’d prefer to be alone, however, let me know and I’ll leave you be. Though it would be…..far colder of me….to leave you to suffer in solitude if my listening could ease your sorrows.

Lillyah: *Silence*…..

*The girl seemed mute for a moment, the seconds feeling like hours as the silence lingered. Sighing, the Shadowy Figure turned and began to walk away.*

Shadowy Figure: I’ll take your silence that you wish for my presence to be gone. Very well. Forgive my interruption, miss.

Lillyah: .....I was…. I was almost tainted by my current Master….

*The Figure froze, no longer moving away and, for a moment, was silent, a thousand thoughts on just what Lillyah meant by ‘tainted’ running through his head. Finally, however, he turned back to Lillyah once again, deciding clarification was better than assuming the absolute worst.*

Shadowy Figure: ...Tainted?

Lillyah: …..I'm assuming you have servant, no?

Shadowy Figure: Yes, but what-?

Lillyah: Then you know of the three kisses…. A kiss to bind a servant to you, on the temple to claim loyalty; The second, a kiss to acknowledge a lover, if that lover is a servant, usually your high priestess, a kiss on the eye to calm the body; and, finally, the claim…. The last as your bride…. The lips the heart and soul…..

Shadowy Figure:......

Lillyah: …..It was my wish to give it all to the master that I-!....

Shadowy Figure: Yet….you say it’s your master that makes you think the kiss would ‘taint’ you. Are you the servant of two masters?-

Lillyah: *Insulted* How dare you! I only have one true master, and…and even if he doesn't need me anymore… even if he doesn't want me, I will only give my everything to him…. Even if I now have the mark of the unwanted, I’ll bare it until he releases me…. And then… when that day comes, I….

*The girl began to cry once more, clutching onto her disheveled robes.*

Lillyah: Even if I am now used, no… long goods…. Even if my true Master no longer desires me. My body and soul belongs to my master...and no…no one else. If the day does come where he truly discards me, then I’ll take my life before I become someone else's property.

*For a moment, the Shadowy Figure was once more silent, though this time mostly from being stunned mute by her words.*

Shadowy Figure [Inner Thoughts]: How…? Why….? After everything that was said to her, after everything I did….why would she remain so loyally steadfast in her feelings towards me? Why…..I…..I’m sure she must know the stories…..she has to know the reasons why…..and yet…..yet even now she…..She wont move on….she’s just…..oh fate….what should I do….?

*Swallowing, the god hensitently moves back towards the wisteria once more, though at the edge of the branches, it was almost as if his own feet had taken up root, his nerves preventing him from moving further.*

Shadowy Figure: What…..what is it…..about your…..about this ‘true master’....that makes you….so adamant about this….?

*Turning away from the figure, she clings to the trunk of the tree.*

Lillyah: ...He… the man I loved since he was instructed to my care…. Be it instinct, be if fate, be it a soul bond, but something drew me to him. My feelings grew the moment we shared the ‘first kiss,’ and parting from him…

*Clinging tighter to the tree*

I watch as he becomes stronger, more talented, more beautiful and how I wish I could stand with him but... but watching in the shadows, while busy myself with the temple duties was more than enough…. That damned god just had to touch me even after!!!

Now I can never go back to master…. I’ve been tainted with that damned gods filth…. Master would never want me now….. W-what am I to do now!!! *crying hard.*

Shadowy Figure [Inner Thoughts]: Oh Lillyah…

*Unable to stand seeing the servant in such disarray, knowing how he was partly to blame for what had happened to her, the Shadowy Figure was finally able to move forwards once more, hesitant brushing aside the wisteria flowers and stepping into the dome of plant life, and, subsequently, from the shadows into the moonlight that streamed through the bows. The figure, colours washed out by the moon’s lustre, was Yozomarah, his usual uncaring mask wavering as he looked down upon the sobbing servant. A part of him just wanted to head to her side, bundle Lillyah into his arms and sooth her, tell her that he did not think her tainted, that he hadn’t wanted her in such turmoil, that he had been so harsh for the both of them, but at the same time, the part of him that he had been listening to for so long held him back. To rush to her and do as he so desired would only cause them both far more torment.

Even so….he couldn’t do nothing. Not after hearing that. And so, for the first time in a while, he ignored those thoughts to push away, instead moving closer, lightly kneeling at her side.*

Yozomarah: Lillyah...I have….never….and will never….think of you as ‘tainted’. I had hoped that you would find someone better….someone that wouldn’t be a danger to you. Yet you’re so determined about this. Why? Do you not care for your own life? Do you not treasure it as I do?

*Shaking his head, he brushed some of the hair clinging feverishly to her cooling skin of her neck, forehead resting against her back, a faint, yet familiar chuckle helplessly bubbling up his throat*

Yozomarah: *Fondly, despite the words* You ridiculous servant. I just can’t let another master take care of you properly, can I?

*Lillyah head whipped back promptly at the phantom touch*

Lillyah: M-Master?!!! What… why are you. *An obvious crimson painted her cheeks and ears*

Yozomarah: I wasn’t lying before when I said I overheard you. You….just didn’t see me when you rushed by. Perhaps it’s my fault for treating you as I had for so long, that you might believe I might ignore that. I’m sorry, Lillyah. Even if it was to protect us both, I never meant to hurt you this way.

*Carefully, giving her an out if she felt he was unwelcome, Yozomarah drew her into an embrace, pressing his face into her neck as he murmured soft apologies*

Yozomarah: I never wanted to ‘be rid of you’....and I never wanted you to feel that there was no other options than me. I suppose I hadn’t managed to protect you the way I had hoped at all. Out of the two of us, it is I who failed as a master, Lillyah, not you who failed as a servant. Forgive me, Lillyah.

*Lillyah, pushing him away, and standing to her feet cling to her dress as if she was about to run away.*

Lillyah: No… The fault belongs to the servant… always.... I know my place…. I promise that you would never see this face again and yet ...I…

Yozomarah: I never accepted that promise, I’ll have you know. I don’t want to never see you again.

*With odd gentleness, Yozomarah took Lillyah’s hand and brought it to to his face, pressing his lips to the other’s palm, eyes closed in almost reverence*

Yozomarah: I never truly said what I wanted. I always denied it because I thought it would protect us both, but you….why is it you don’t seem to have a single bone of self preservation in your body, you stupid fool.

*Unable to resist the urge longer, he pulled quickly on the still grasped hand, yanking Lillyah close once again, the motion causing them to lose balance and half collapse against the tree as he began to kiss her, on the cheeks, forehead, neck and finally, hovered over her lips.*

Yozomarah: I don’t have that much self control, you know. I’m a god, not a saint. If you really want me to be the one to give you that last kiss then kiss me, dammit!

Lillyah: M-master… are you s-sure? I… I?

Yozomarah: Did you change your mind? Do you not want to kiss me now? Make up your mind!

Lillyah: I-I do but… you’ll never-

Yozomarah: No ‘but’. Just kiss already!

Lillyah: But I! Ah… um… Ah!... *blush turned away looking down*

Yozomarah:....Looking adorable is not helping your case here. Do you want me to kiss you instead? *Flirty tone*

Lillyah: *Shocked, expecting eyes* …..Eep!

Yozomarah: If you do, please tell me *Grin*

Lillyah: *Pulls down vail to hide embarrassed blush* S-stop teasing me!~

Yozomarah:*Laughing softly before moving closer, lips almost brushing Lillyah’s*....You know, I hadn’t realised it before, but you are cute when you blush like this….You should do it more often.

Lillyah: Stop… Stop bullying me you big dummy!!! *teary eyes*

*Chuckling softly, but not about to cause her to cry again, Yozomarah moved forwards just that little more and finally pressed his lips against hers. Flinaly the last drops of tears twinkled down Lillyah’s cheeks, they were not filled with longing or swallow this time filled with a glimmer of hope, Yozomarah kissed away her tears as they both slid to the ground, before capturing her lips once again, less teasing this time, intent in marking her lips as his. The hand that wasn’t still clasped around hers and pressing into the grassy floor reached into her hair, fingers dragging through the locks to help arch her head just enough that he could trail his lips over her mouth, her jaw and latch onto her neck, looking for the spot to make her gasp and squirm beneath him. She had been so sure that she wanted to be his, so he would mark her as such, as she wished.

Barely audible thought their kiss.*

Lillyah: *Wanting eyes* Ma-Master are you going to…?

Yozomarah: Last chance If you want to back out, Lillyah. I don’t let go of what’s mine, you know that.

Lillyah: *Excited shudder* I…. I’m not going anywhere….. I want to be one with master…. If.. if that is what you want...that is...

Yozomarah: I’m tired of denying what I want. *Hungry eyes drag over her before he slowly licks her neck to entice a shiver from her wanton form* I want you, Lillyah. I want your everything.

Lillyah: Master…

Yozomarah: My name. Say it…

Lillyah: *Seductive Eyes* Yozomarah, my love, hurry…. Make me you wife.

Yozomarah: With a command like that, who am I to deny it?

*While Yozomarah proceeded to follow through with his words, back within Parame’s room, it was quickly obvious to the three watchers just where the events of the reunion of the Master and Servant would be leading to.*

Moniter:

Lillyah: *Seductive Eyes* Yozomarah, my love, hurry…. Make me you wife.

Yozomarah: With a command like that, who am I to deny it?


Parame: Finally….

Venus: *’Excited’ tone* I know right? Now this story can finally move on!

Parame: Easy, dear, your lust is showing.

Venus: *Chuckle* And what am I patron of again, mother? Besides, it's not like I can help it. There's so much of it blossoming from these two - even more that last time! I can't take it anymore!

Parame: Well, take it into that room over there, and for heaven's sake, go easy on the two!

*She gestures to a back while relinquishing the threads to Venus. There was a back door embellished with rouge and gold with detached figures, presumably leading to Venus’ chamber.*

Inari: They’re definitely going to be….uh….feeling that in the morning. Why against a tree?

Parame: They’re not on it anymore, look.

Monitor: *Enjoyment, panting and moaning*

Parame: *Chuckle* Besides, that particular tree was planted by a certain goddess years ago. Though she’s loooong forgotten about it, a small amount of her influence still reaches there. We were manipulating the fate lines, remember, and when miss thing got excited… well, so did they… that and it’s a quarter of a mile from there back to his room.

Inari: ...Maybe we shouldn’t watch any more. It doesn’t seem right. And watching Lady Venus drooling over it is creepy enough.

Venus: And who are you calling creepy, like when your in your element you don’t get excited-?

Inari: I don’t get hot and heavy over rice, Lady Venus! I think that feeling is just you.

Venus: -Be it delight in one way or another we all get ‘excited’ when our influences react out subjects! So pot kettle, little boy *dark knowing eyes*

Inari: I’m not a ‘boy’.

Venus: *Ignoring their interjection* Besides, it’s not like I can’t see your lust too. You’re barely holding it back as is… I wonder, what it would be like when your back ‘home’? A healthy young man

*Inari glares at the masculine pronoun. Venus carries on uncaring*

Venus: After all.. Must be hard on you?

*She touched the young god, lightly sending a sharp wave of excitement though them, though Inari jumps away from her, bristling as they shove the artificial feelings away with angry frustration at Venus’ meddling, ready to snarl-*

Parame: Stop. Now.

Venus: OK, Ok I should be on my way, after all first love’s first times are rare and most enjoyable! Geeeeee I can't take it anymore! Call me if you need me! By that, not until noon tomorrow at least!!!!

Parame: Tomorrow and noon?!!!...Poor Lillyah…. Let us all say a prayer for that poor unfortunate soul.

Inari: *Snappishly* If you want her around make sure it’s when I’m not!

Parame: And there's that temper. I thought I told you that she is one of your best allies, and to make friends with her. After all she IS in control of your love life. I merely set up the situations dear… besides is she entirely wrong.

*Waves her hand and an image of Rozyus appears*

Parame: You know your fate line is ringing right now searching for him but that little buds not in this time, you know that right?

*Sigh* And like I said before back when you were a child: most gods are ignorant, most gods are selfish and intolerant. But then there are those… those who generally care for their subjects, and care about you. You may not agree with the way they conduct their business, but there are times where you will need to bite your tongue and allow them to do what it is they do, not just this ‘Fuck it’ attitude. Now, saying that, I don't expect you to me a yes man. But! You need to learn to trust them when they say or do certain things. Like Miss Lust - she is an example of that. And, as rough around the edges as she is, she will mellow around the next cycle… give or take a century.

Inari: I know all that! I do, it’s just….*Hugging themself* I just…..don’t like feeling that someone can so easily influence how I’m feeling….that’s all. I want to know that my feelings for Rozyus are mine, not just for a game...Maybe Venus is more serious about her job than she shows but….it just feels like she makes light of it. And dammit, I miss Rozyus….But everything I’m being shown just…..throws it back at me. I’m trying to ignore that, you. I’m trying to focus on what I need to learn, but then it’s almost as if I’m being laughed at. Because….I’m seeing this and it just makes me think of how it started to fall apart for me, because people shoot those feelings down or I get told I shouldn’t.

*They put their head in their hands, focusing a little more on their breathing and desperately trying to avoid gazing longingly at the image of their love that Parame created*

Inari: Is that all it is? A game? I honestly hope that its not. I just don’t know what to do anymore and it hurts, Mother. I just want to go home….But I….even if I do, if I don’t learn what I’m supposed to here, I’ll still be trapped by circumstances…

*They shake their head, trying to subtly wipe tears from their eyes, though they doubted Parame could have missed it*

Inari: I’m sorry…..that’s childish of me. I’m sorry….I’ll…..be better controlled tomorrow.

Parame: …. I don't think you're quite get what it is Venus and I do… not entirely anyway. Yes, we may control certain elements, but you have free will, no?

Inari: Yes but-

Parame: But nothing…. As the embodiment of fate, it is my task to set up certain pieces or environments so that one can reach a certain point, be it from journey A to B or meeting person A or B. How you chose to get there will depend on you, in addition to the out come.

Young Venus over there, she only ‘amplifies’ what's already there, whether innocent friend or familiar bond or heat and desire, that of a lover.

*Gesturing towards The Monitor*

Would you like to test it out? To see if your so called ‘manipulated’ love holds any water?

Inari: I….No, no, I understand. It’s like Venus said: One’s first time should be a good experience. I wouldn’t want to mess with anything, even if things aren’t a true manipulation. Besides, it would be quite cruel to make me watch more when I don’t have my better half here too.

Parame: *Dark Chuckle* That's not what I mean.

*The Older goddess snapped her finger the monitor changed from, images of the previous couple to that of a new pair, a certain young wolf and a princess.*

Parame: Your home sick so for a little while im going to send you home… for the time being. But, now here my condition, you’ll know when either myself or parame will be influencing you both, or the scenery around you. By either this cute little heart or the little bow aren't they cute? *cute smile* Now-

Inari: I…..wait…..you….this….?

*Unable to put words to the thousands of thoughts running through their head, they could only make vague gestures at themself, at Parame, at the monitor, before finally covering their face in flustered embarrassment as they realised just how little sense they were making.*

Inari: You guys are going to rack up a voting poll over this, aren’t you?

Parame: Hm? You’re only catching on to this now??? Oy vey… and here I thought you were the smarter of my babes

Inari: *Blushing*...I meant another one.

Parame: *Chuckle* Well, off with you now, little one. You have an interesting… year ahead of you. Oh, and before I forget, I’ve inserted a year before you both broke up. It's around the time that you came back after his…disaster of a confession. I’ve also manipulated everyone's memories of you so your current appearance isn't too jarring.

Inari: Mother….I….thank you.

Parame: You’re welcome, dear. Oh and he hasn't seen your new form, so that will be interesting to see….Good luck, lover boy. I’ll be there when you return home.

*With that and a click of Parame’s fingers, the strange sensation of the world being dragged away around them while they remained perfectly still wrapped around them like a blanket as the room seemed to flow away like water. Moments later, the time they had been in was gone and Inari found themself in a very familiar room - the back room that they had been in on their many switches in time periods - without any kind of illusion changing their form. Heart thumping in their chest, they knew Parame had been as good as her word - they were back. Though it might be only for a year, their Rozyus was here in this time. They were, for now, home. There was a frantinc sound of running down the hall with what was presumably Parame’s chamber doors slamming open.*

Parame: Such an untrained brat you are! You were not summoned, so why are you disturbing my work at this hour, young man?

Rozyus: Mother! Where *Pant Pant* Where are they!!! *Pant Pant* ‘Nari… Big brother Nari, where are they?

Parame: *Stern* Oh, so that is the reason you decided to disturb the peace?

Rozyus: ….Sorry...mama….

Parame: In the back, to the right, past the Game Table. Open the door and go straight up. That's where you’ll find your ‘boy’friend, looking cute and flustered. Good luck.

Rozyus: Huh?

Parame: Just go.

Rozyus: *Cute smile* OK!!!

[END]


No comments:

Post a Comment