Sunday 14 January 2018

Tell Me A Fable: My Story 2



Inari: *Smirking* That’s a lot of trust you’re leaving in me. But I think I’ll have you gasping and wanton enough that you might not mind.

*Considering they had still been undressing Rozyus while they had been talking, a quick movement had the cloth open before them, leaving Rozyus’ body exposed before them*

Inari: Let the best of us win then, my dear Rozyus.

*With a laugh, Inari descended on Rozyus. Whoever won, it was going to be very pleasant for the both of them.

It was some time later that the two of them finally exhausted themselves and settled, Rozyus resting in Inari’s arms while Inari absently toyed with Rozyus’ hair and lazilly trailing fingers over the ridges of his lupine ears. They were both still naked, but covered with a sheet to keep away any chill that their bodies didn’t quite ward off. It had felt like a long time since Inari had felt so at ease, so relaxed, that they were almost dozing, comforted by Rozyus’ warm weight. It made them wonder just how they had managed to sleep at all without the boy pressed into their side. However, even with that, something stopped them from dropping into morpheus’ embrace. For a moment, his drowsy mind pondered over what was stopping them, before remembering. Hadn’t they said something to Rozyus before they got to this spot?*

Inari [Inner Thoughts]: Oh…..I made a promise, didn’t I?

*As much as they would love to just forget about it, they didn’t want to end up falling into the same mistakes as their teachers in the past had done. It was a lack of communication with them and, to an extent, even with Inari and Rozyus. That wasn’t how true relationships could work. Communication was the key, and Inari….Inari had promised.*

Inari: Rozy? Love, are you awake?



*The boy snuggled into the young god with an exasperated sigh*

Rozyus: *Sleepy Mumble* No… I’m sleep.

*Inari laughs softly at the other’s words. Typical Rozyus. Still, they brush the boy’s hair from his face with gentle fingers, resting their palm on Rozyus’ cheek*

Inari: Oh, that is something of a shame. How could I possibly greet my beloved if he’s still sleeping? But I suppose if Morpheus’ realm is so enticing then I’ll just have to leave the kisses...shame.

Rozyus: Zzzzzzzz

*That causes Inari to truly burst out laughing, rolling to their side in an effort to stifle the chortles*

Inari: Wow, rejected and replaced! What a way of letting me know you’ve been courting the god of dreams while I was away! Hahahaha!

Rozyus: *Sleepy Chuckle* Shouldn't I be saying that to you Mr i hold the largest harem in the heavens…. Besides….. Zzzzzz.

Inari: Untrue and an uncalled for accusation, my love. If they were a harem, I would actually be paying attention to them rather than plotting escape routes. Besides, I’m pretty sure that the gods and goddesses of love or beauty have a far larger harem than I. If you call stalkers a ‘harem’. At best, they’re useful for distractions to get away from stuffy people who want to talk about something long, dull and dreary.

Rozyus: Zzzzz… How terrible of you, ‘Oh Great deity’. Using your herum in such a way... *Weak laugh* Jeez we went overboard a little while ago. Can’t you let a woman have her beauty rest?

Inari: There’s no rest for the wicked, love. Don’t you know that saying? Of course, it might not apply to you….unless it’s to say you’re ‘wicked’ in bed.

*Chuckling, they shifted back to lay closer, gazing at Rozyus’ sleeping face, teasing grin softening somewhat as they reached over once more, brushing his hair once again before trailing their fingers over the other’s form in feather like touches up and down the boy’s slender frame*

Inari: Besides, my love, you are more beautiful than the very stars in the sky. Adding more beauty to that will just cause all who gaze upon your face to combust in awe, unable to handle your pure majesty.

*There was a splatter of roses emitting form the boy, following the gods tough.*

Rozyus: *Excited Shudder* A-are you sure your not talking about yourself? You’re the one that has bloomed into something more beautiful. And here I lay. The same as always.

Inari: No, no, I’m certain I’m talking about you. Besides, I doubt there’ll be any more changes from me, unless the mortals decide that I should appear different. Who knows, they might wish my appearance to be that of an older man at some point, or an old crone and I’ll have to shape shift to accommodate that. You though? You have a lot of room to bloom in the future. By the time you’re done, I know that you’ll be turing as many heads as I’ve ever done. I know that I’ll be hard pressed to ever move my eyes away from you. Not to say it’s easy to look away from you even now, though I’m told it’s quite rude if I don’t look at other gods when I speak to them. Oh, what to do….you’ll turn me into a rude person who’ll be stuck staring at you forever. Not that its a bad fate….

*Inari laughs softly, shifting so their nose was almost touching Rozyus’, just gently continuing to run their fingers over their lover’s side as his amused grin faded into something quieter. The future….yes...that was, of course, the main problem. Even with Rozyus within their reach to hold and touch as they wished, the thought of the future still lingered in their mind*

Rozyus: *Chuckle* Pft! Well, we can’t have that.

*The boy snuggled into his lover embrace, reaching out to touch the starlight hued hair that framed his lovers face so perfectly, even in its disheveled state.*

Rozyus: You truly are a work of art amongst the gods, one of mother’s prized children, even a chosen. You must be a good boy and ‘refrain form rude behavior unbefitting one in your position’. Isn't that what the Emperor Training Guide tells us? Besides, bad boys dont get rewards, only ‘punishments’.

Inari: Heheh….when you say it, that sounds less like a bad thing than it should be….*Smile fading slightly* ...Speaking of….speaking of being ‘chosen’ and the roles we’ll eventually play….have...have you given much thought to it? The future, I mean?

Rozyus: ...Yes…. of course….

*Hearing an odd lilt to the boy’s voice, Inari scans the other’s face subtly. They had grown somewhat used to people holding things back after their dealings with people in the past like Yozomarah, or even people like Mirah in the timeline before that.*

Inari: And…? What do you think of when the future crosses your mind, love?

*The boy sat up clutching himself, turning his head away, looking out towards the garden.*

Rozyus: *Quiet sigh* I… I know that it is not proper for me to be your companion, yet alone your lover… and that one day you and I will be forced into unions that we may not wish to be in… Seeing you with another would kill me….

And I too… as the season draws closer to the spring, my hand is used as a deal towards my tribe’s elders. Which of there sons should I bair children for…? Which neighbouring tribe should mine be unified with…? I do not want any part with it... Nor do I want to lose you…. My siblings need their leader, too.

*Choked up* And like I said, our relationship…in their eyes, it’s not proper…. I don't want it to affect you… so if there comes a day where you decide the burden it to greater than… then-

*While the boy talked, Inari had carefully sat up from the bed, still watching, listening and as they did so, their heart broke just that little bit more, remembering the beak up that the two of them had been forced to go through, even if this version of his love had not yet gone through it. It seemed like this had been something that had been playing on Rozyus’ mind for a long time now. In political terms, Inari understood the logic behind it all, and that was even bypassing everything that had happened to the tragic couple that they had first met in the past and what had resulted from their bloody end. Even so, Inari knew it would leave both of them miserable. That, too, they had seen the result of with Yozomarah and Lillyah, what staying appart had done for them. In truth, Inari wouldn’t have even been surprised if the pining wouldn’t have resulted in another form of Falling, had the two not been brought together again by Fate (Parame meddling or otherwise). As for Inari...knowing all his love saw was bleakness...their heart ached for him.

Moving on instinct as Rozyus’ words became more self deprecating and fatalistic, Inari interrupted by wrapping their arms around the boy from behind, nuzzling their face into the boy’s soft hair just behind his lupine ears, embracing him with all the love they could muster*

Inari: Proper or not...I know that a miserable future is not one either of us could live in easily. At the same time...Maybe it’s not an obvious solution, but there has to be one, a path we can take that would help to satisfy what is expected of us without betraying ourselves as well. Perhaps if we just put our heads together, we can think of something. After all, Mother is not cruel enough to allow us to spend our time with each other and forge such bonds if there truly was no future for us. Consider it training in strategy? But I know that between the two of us, we could think of something.

*Closing their eyes*

Inari: I’ve always believed in you. Even if you struggle to, I’ve always believed.

*The Boy turned slightly, clutching the blanket that lazily draped around his thighs, lowering his head, as if to let his bangs mask the tears in his eyes.*

Inari [Inner Thoughts]: No….even then, it’s like what Parame was saying….the mistakes made by Chizohara and Mirah...Not only did they not communicate together properly, they didn’t have any allies, either. They forced themselves to be alone against the world because they didn’t trust anyone else. Mother keeps bringing up making connections with people, like with Venus, and I’ll be needing to do that, of course. And I have a few ideas that could possibly work but…..Ugh, it’s not ideal, but even so, it could….give us time. Give us a chance…

Inari: I....It’s not much, but...Rozyus, will you hear me out? I’d like your input on something that’s playing on my mind.

Rozyus: ...Ok… What is it, my love…?

Inari: Well, as you might know my return is temporary. I’ll be here for about a year before I have to further my Hero training to gather allies and connections from around the world, be they gods, mystic or mortals, my pantheon or otherwise. Having those who are willing to join whatever cause I fight for is integral to the training, or so Mother informs me. I would also help to increase my standing amongst the gods and my reputation amongst mortals, while ensuring my existence. A Hero must be ‘respectable’ as the saying goes. It’ll mean that I won’t be able to spend as much time as I’d like here with you, much to my sorrow.

*Gently squeezing their arms around Rozyus a little bit tighter, if only to offer Rozyus a little comfort behind the apology*

Inari: But, that doesn’t mean that we won’t still be able to work towards a future for ourselves. I have an idea. What if….you do the same?

Rozyus: How could I? I don’t have allies here… besides, I’m not a god, remember? All I can to is complete my Emperor training. And look after my kin.

Inari: Isn’t this, too, part of Emperor training? After all, an Emperor is only as good as the subjects they lead. And while you might not have allies right now, you could. Did you think I just popped into existence with allies already at my beck and call? That I already knew Susanoo the way I do now? As easy as that would make things, even I’m not that amazing, my love. But you’re not entirely alone in potential allies, Love. After all, you have your siblings, and there are people within your clan and fellow clans that already hope for your hand. Perhaps they could also, minus a marriage, find logic in an alliance with you, as an heir to your father’s legacy. Likewise, with such a following, it would call the attention of other like minded individuals who would further expand your reach on the world. That in mind, you have more power than you think, my love. Not to mention….is there also not a method of attaining godhood that doesn’t rely on being required to exist? You have the blood, so you are certainly more than eligible.

Rozyus: Those amongst my clan are only interested in furthering there’s. It is not my mind they are after. I am a ‘prize’ in their eyes…. Nothing more. When it comes to my siblings, we’re outcasts…. Shunned since birth, remember…? Apart from mother, uncle and you… there's no one here to be our ally. The best we could be is a slave… a servant to you and yours.

Inari: And somehow you completely ignored my mention of attaining godhood. You know, if you work towards that, it would ease a lot of tensions. You take it upon yourself to look after your kin….why not become their patron god? Not only would it help to protect them, it would also help to raise your standing enough that you’d be able to make ‘friends’ in high places, so to speak. I think that you’re entirely capable of godhood, Rozyus.

Rozyus: You think that far~ too highly of me… me attaining godhood… me a god how preposterous….

Inari: Rozyus, Rozyus, you should trust me and my instincts. After all, I’d be wasting my own training if I couldn’t tell who had potential. And you’ve always had it, you know, no matter how much you put yourself down. And you’re a shoe-in for being a patron to your kin - even now they look up to you to protect them. You have the spark there, I can feel it. And, like I said, your divine blooded half certainly helps that. But, more than that, think of the possibilities, love!

*With some enthusiasm, both in the belief in their love and in the thought of an actual plan that might lead somewhere beyond a tragic end, Inari shifted positions to face Rozyus towards them, hands on both their shoulders and eyes gleaming with fervor.*

Inari: As one who attained godhood, it would, on some level ‘override’ your blood status, at least amongst the gods and the laws. That in mind, it would ease a lot of the stigma in how people would perceive a relationship between the two of us, because, by all rights, you wouldn’t be a ‘mere half breed’, but you would be a deity, like me or Susanoo. Because of that, it would also rid us of many of the complaints people have ever had about us, because by our laws, our standings would be the same. The strain of people’s expectations on us due to our stations will be lessened, if not completely eased. After all, what is wrong with a god loving another god? Even a god’s jobs has no real standing on relationships, otherwise surely some marriages between gods would have been refused a long time ago. It could work! And I know it could work because I know you truly have the potential. I believe in you, Rozyus! I know you can attain godhood. Because I know you. You’ve always had the potential. You just need to believe in yourself the way I do.

*the boys eyes glistened slightly be it from the fading moonlight or the spark that was lit within him, Rozyus had a surprised expression on his face, surprised at his lover would say such a seemingly impossible thing. But it was an idea, a comfort that he felt he could at least attempt to reach, the potential to be eased of the stain his current shanding held him to. He could easily hold Inaris hand in public, easily be free of the stigma that accompanied there current relationship. And the thought of that put a smile one the boys face. Little hearts fluttered around the pair coming from both parties.*

Rozyus: It would be nice to hold onto you…without causing damage to your name… Loving you in the open… and actual being on equal footing… Being able to stand up to the other gods and not being dismissed due to my blood.

Inari: Exactly! I know it’s not an easy path, but between that and getting connections on my end, and eventually, you being able to do the same, we could be together without anyone being able to seperate us. That I could do all that with you, that I could take you to the places I’ve always wanted to without anyone saying no to us...That you could be by my side...I’d truly be blessed. I know that I could never love another the way I love you, and I could never live a life that leaves us both in misery. With this, we can create our own path. We can help create a fate where the two of us never have to be forced apart again, where we could be happy. I think that would be my utopia, beloved. And I’ll support you every step of the way, even I’m not directly by your side at the time.

Rozyus: *Soft Chuckle* A blessed god? Isn't that redundant? Besides Is It almost sounds like you're proposing.

*The boy pushes down the young god, senualy lying on there chest and breathing in there sent. Inari, content with the glow of happiness at finally, finally, seeing a light in the once bleak seeming future, drew the boy closer to them, running their fingers through his hair blissfully*

Inari:...Maybe more a….promise? A promise for the future. For both of us. *Smiling softly* Would it make you angry, for future reference, if I were to, perhaps, ‘theoretically’, suggest that at some point?

*Rozyus shifted slightly, straddling the young god trailing his fingers down the gods muscular chest.*

Rozyus: My answer… would always be the same. But its not me you would need to get approval from.

*The boy began to rock slightly, attempting to get a rise out of the god.*

Rozyus: If your serious about it, you would have to be stronger, smarter, and more skilled than my father right hand. If you were serious. And, even then, my father's kin are prideful people. You would have to offer something they could not. Could you do that?

Inari: *Grinning* Well, perhaps not right this minute - I’m not foolish enough to be as prideful as, say, Zeus and underestimate your father’s people - but I haven’t just been sitting on my laurels while I was away, nor will I be when I look for allies. You leave convincing your father and the clans to me. After all, I’m not considered God of Foxes for nothing. I have my ways. Just have faith in me, love.

*Inari tossed a winning smile at their lover, hands running over the other’s smooth skin before settling on the other’s hips, thumb’s circling over the boy’s hip bones almost teasingly*

Rozyus: *Chuckle, seductive tone* Ooooh~ you have your ways, do you? Well then, my love, I’ll leave that matter, and my body, in your capable hands.

*Smile stretching into a grin, Inari laughed, spirits still soaring from their solution, and certainly helped by having their lover practically offering themselves quite openly to them, they tried one of their hands from the boy’s hip with feather light brushing over his stomach and up to his chest slowly, enticingly, tilting their head enough that their hair would fall just so, in that way they knew Rozyus liked*

Inari: Oh~? And here I thought you were still tired from earlier? Perhaps I should just be letting you sleep instead? Or, perhaps, have you regained too much energy now? I’d happily take care of it for you. Shall I be the servant to your will, My Lady? I promise, if you ask, I could do whatever. You. Like.

Rozyus: *Seductive tone* Whatever I like? To give one such as I the green light to to that… Well your signing your soul to the devil. I hope your ready for it - we're not going to stop until both our energies ring out.

Inari: Well, we never did finish that bet we had going, did we? Didn’t you say you wanted to have me begging? I’m looking forwards to seeing how you do that.

*They reach the other’s face, pulling them down for a slow lingering kiss, long enough to leave them both breathless before letting Rozyus pull back a little, their half lidded eyes gazing up at Rozyus with inviting eyes*

Inari: *Purring* Come, beloved, make me beg for you. I want you to make me scream.

Rozyus: *Hungry Eyes* Isn’t that my line? Oh well.

*The two ‘enjoyed’ each other’s company until the early hours of the morning. Both Inari and Rozyus lay bare in each other embrace as they slept close to one another’s warmth, the covers at their feet.

It would be almost sunrise when Inari began to stir, their training in the other timelines had progamed him to wake just before the sun did. The early morning was slightly blurred by the morning fog. They stretched out there hand to summon the covers so their young lover would remain in warm. The boy seemed too precious and vulnerable as they slept in their arms, it was where they belong. Contented by that, the god seemed to almost drift back to sleep if it weren't for a sudden knock at the cottage door.

Reluctantly they summoned the person inside, One of Lady Venus's servants it seemed, an ambiguous beauty, like the goddess herself, in Inari’s opinion*

Inari [Inner Thoughts]: Considering the clothing, not to mention the appearance that Venus favours in her followers...there is no mistaking whom this individual ‘belongs’ to. Though, that does beg the question of why they’re here. It’s not beyond Venus to simply ‘speak’ to me in my mind considering her interest in the relationship between Rozyus and myself, so it’s entirely possible that this is for some formality...

Inari: Was their something that your mistress requires?

Servant: I am the High ‘Priest’. I’ve come to make Master Inari and Master Rozyus comfortable. The outdoor bath is drawn and breakfast will be ready by the time your lover wakes up. *Soft laughter*

I’m sure you both of you had quite a passionate night. Because of you, both my lady and mistress were quite busy, and I was not able to attend to her needs because of the her attending to yours.

Anyway... Mother says this cottage is yours to do with as you will. I would suggest using it as your love nest and avoiding the temple when you wish to ‘take him’, make sure your back before the morning breakfast, and, if there comes a time where you will not be returning by the morning meal, make an valid excuse such as a private project and such. If you require anything at all, do not hesitate to ask myself or mother. If that is all, I will leave after my duties are done. Any questions?

Inari: No no, you answered them quite adequately. For the record, I apologize for the disturbances, though I also don’t apologise at the same time. I’m sure you understand the whys there. Still, thank you for you and your Mistress’....ah….’attentive care’. And also for the preparations you’re making for us.

Servant: *Quiet Tone* Cheeky Bastard.

Servant: Very good Sir, I’ll be done as soon as possible, now excuse me.

*Inari managed to stifle their humour at the Servant’s muttered words, keeping straight faced as they would do in court until they had left. Only then did they allow a small snicker, recalling the high priest's grotty expression that had briefly crossed their face.

Still, as much as they did like riling up the staff, Inari never got in the way of their duties. As such, to give the Servant time to fix up the ‘outdoor entertainment’, Inari settled themself at the dresser by the bed, running a brush through their one vanity - their hair - so as not to disturb Rozyus from their slumber. As they ran the brush over their smooth starlight tresses, a thought crossed their mind*

Inari [Inner Thoughts]: ‘High Priest’, huh? ...That reminds me...Back when I was in the past, Particularly in Yozomarah and Lillyah’s time, when I watched through the Reflection Pool. It was about the stations of Servants, of claiming. It still happens in this time, of course, but I never really put much thought into it. I always assumed I would choose later. Now though…perhaps it’s time. I might even be able to put it to our advantage. Though…Hm....What would he think of it? That’s the question...

*The Boy began to stir slightly*

Rozyus: *Shiver* ….’Nari….

Inari: Ah, Good Morning.

*Placing the brush to one side, Inari moved over to the bed once more, pulling the covers up around their lover before laying close to them, hoping to keep their love warm*

Inari: It’s a little early for you, love. I thought you’d sleep in much longer.

Rozyus: ….What time is it…? Come back to bed….

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment