Wednesday 7 December 2016

Just Until We Meet Again



Last Time:

Child: *Seeming proud of Boy 1* I have full confidence that whatever materials he can get will be the best there is. He has a great amount of talent for such things. I’m contemplating keeping him all to myself - oh, wait *offers a sly smirk* Is that not what we already do?

Boy 1: M-my love! Don't tease me!!!!

H: Ahahahah! To be young! Hahaha!

Boy 1: Jeez! Meany head! Stupid lover of mine!

Child: Ah, is it wrong of me to praise you? You are quite devine in my eyes after all.

*Boy 1 snuggles up to the Child, nuzzling into their warmth.*

Boy 1: You realise i'm far more flawed than you know, my love. Oh, whatever…. I love you… so happy.

--- Unknown Location ---

[Boy 1 Internal Dialogue]

Nearly a month has gone past since i returned with the, materials that uncle sent for…. And ‘there’ armer is almost completed. Yet… yet my heart is still restless something about this still after all this time why can i shake the feeling something's  wrong somehow.

Child: You seem pensive, my love. What is on your mind? You know you can speak to me about anything.

Boy 1: Oh! You’re awake, my dear husband. You should sleep more; the sun hasn't arisen yet.

*As if trying to distract both himself and the child, the boy tucks himself into the covers, facing away from his lovers eyes.*

Child: It’s hard to sleep when I know my love is dealing with something all on his own.

*Carefully, the child moves so that they are leaning over Boy 1, arms propped either side of him and looking down from a curtain of long hair*

Child: I can sleep more once I know that you are not troubled further.

*They gently brush a lock of hair from boy 1’s face*

Child: What is troubling you? If it’s within my power to help, I wish to do so, my love.

Boy 1: It’s nothing, just… a simple bad dream.

*He avoids the Child’s eyes, trying to burry his worry and anxiety in the softness of his lovers hair. He slowly caresses a lock of hair, trying to steer the conversation in another direction.*

Child: Perhaps, then, you should speak of the dream? Sometimes nightmares can place fears of what ifs and maybes. Bringing them to light can sometimes also help to take away the power they have upon us. Besides, if it is enough to bother you, then it is certainly my duty to slay that darkness for you.

Boy: It's nothing, really, nothing worth mentioning. Just my childish fears of the unknown…. Ha, haha, how human of me. Just proves how much of a flawed being I am. Well, since I am only half divine, I guess it was inevitable.

Child: Love, if we were meant to be without flaws, how would you explain people like Thunderbutt? Even the best of us will falter and make mistakes. To be human like is not always a bad thing. That we can lean on each other when we falter, and grow stronger because of it. Indeed, I see no problems with this. There is no such thing as a perfect being. Even I, despite the pedestal some may place me on, will falter, will make mistakes sometimes. As you are my strength when times are dark, allow me to be yours.

Boy: Oh my love!

*Tears start to well in his eyes. He stays silent, quietly trying to choke back his tears. *

Boy 1 [Inner thought]: If I were to tell you, if I were to voice it… nothing will change. You still will go… It still scares me to be so far from you… especially when this feeling is so strong. This feeling I cannot shake. A threat so intangible to me that I can't fight, I can’t touch. I can't protect you from this beast lingering in the shadows and it scares me…

Child: *Gently stroking away the tears* Whatever it is, I want to help you. I hate to see you in pain. I would never be able to forgive myself if I couldn’t even protect you from a dream. Even if you think it nonsense, I would still wish to know. Do you trust me?

Boy 1: I… I swear it’s nothing… but...but please, just hold me. Just hold me until I fall asleep… darling, please.

Child: *Sighing slightly, but settles down once more, pulling the boy against them and wrapping him in their arms* Anything for you. If something as easy as this helps, then I have no problem providing this to you. Maybe it will ward away the darkness in your dreams.

Boy 1: …. I’m sorry…. I’m sorry, my love, forgive me…

*With that, the boy falls asleep, clutching his lover, tears falling from his eyes.*

Child [Inner Thoughts]: Even without saying anything….I think I might understand. The war is encroaching ever closer. I may not have the ability of omniscience, but it’s not hard to sense….the darkness in the future. Maybe I’m a fool but….I wish….with everything I have….to save him from that.

Boy 1:... My l...love….

*The boy mumbles his lover name, now returning to the realm of dreams…. This time in a slightly more peaceful state.

Child: It’s alright, my love. No matter what, even at a distance, I’ll always be here for you.

*The night seems especially long, but slowly the sun begins to rise. The Child found it difficult to fall asleep after the previous talk. As such they remained awake until it was time to prepare for the day*

Child: *Gently rocking the boy’s shoulder* Love, you need to wake up. I believe you have a meeting with your….attendant….today.

*Boy 1 mumbles, snuggling into his lovers embrace.*

Boy 1: ….Never….. Let me sleep forever….. Zzzzzzz

Child: *Under breath* Believe me, I’d rather that than meeting him….*signing and speaking louder again* Unfortunately we can’t sleep forever. What about food? Water? What if I couldn’t….ah….play with you anymore because you prefer to sleep forever? Come on, now, duty calls, no matter how reluctant we are to answer.

*Boy 1 slowly opens his eyes a cheeky smile and a raise eyebrow adorn his face.*

Boy 1: ‘Play with me?’ How leturous are you, my love? Besides…. I won't get up if you don't kiss me. I won't get up if you don't bathe with me. I don't get up if you dont dress me. I won't get up without a cuddling!!!

Child: What a demanding little lover I have! *Laughing, they pull the boy into a long kiss, eyes twinkling mischievously* Still, I see no problem with that, my dear. Though I do believe if you wish me to do all those little things, we may never leave this room at all.

Boy 1: It would~ give us time to do other things, too…. If you want? Besides, a day in bed with you would be nice. Would it not?

Child: Well, I certainly have no problem with that. Though if your attendent gets grotty with me about it, I reserve the right to throw him in a rice paddy to cool off a while.

*The boy chuckles, slowly rising and fixing his robes.*

Boy 1: Unfortunately, we can't have that. I need him.

Child: ….Damn….Ah well….I suppose I can play nice. For now. Maybe. Possibly. ….Can we just pretend you don’t have a meeting at all? I changed my mind.

*Boy 1 gently kisses the child, running fingers through their hair in a somewhat seductive manner.*

Boy 1: My beautiful, darling husband, it won't take too long - about an hour or so. Besides, you armour is almost ready. Don't you want to see your new set? I’m quite proud of it. Besides… tonight, you will belong to me and me alone.

Child: Well, with such a promise in mind, I can hardly let you down, now can I? To be honest, I’m rather eager to see what the armour you designed for me will look like.

*Carefully, he sits up a bit more and gives the boy a gentle kiss.*

Child: Very well then. Let’s get our respective appointments done and dusted. Then I get to keep you all to myself.

Boy 1 quickly fetches his lovers new outfit for the day, carefully matching accessories, holding it up to the object of his affections.

Boy 1: Don't worry, my love, my meeting will be quick, it's only a routine checkup and a the new lessons for my position as uncle T’s Hero. Apparently, I will need to be spending more time in the underworld during the time you’ll be away.

Child: I would say I would try to visit you there, but considering I’d be on the battlefield and the fastest way to visit would require me dying, forgive me if I just wish you good luck. I hope to be able to spend a long time with you to myself after the war, after all. Still, I’m sure you will do well in your training. You have a gift, my love. I believe that you will become a great Hero. Lord T certainly chose his Hero well

Boy 1: Darling, let me tell you this: you die on me and I will personally drag your soul from the underworld, resurrect you and kill you myself! You’re not allowed to die by anyone else's hand other than my own, understand? And….. don’t flatter me so… I’m barely reaching the level of the other younger gods.  

Child: Ah, but that is the beauty of it, my love. Other gods are tied down, because they are stuck in their ways. Even the younger ones at this point are somewhat closed minded in their skills. On the other hand, what you might lack in traditional skills, you make up for in creativity. A Hero is not a hero because they follow the same path as others, but it’s because they make their own path towards a better future. It is that, which I see as your gift. In you, I see an infinite future, far beyond that which could be brought about by mere traditions.

Boy 1: ‘Make their own path’… I want to make my path with you… not just a dream.

*Happily, the boy finishes his dressing and prepares to leave*

Boy 1: That is the reality that I fight for.

Child: Exactly. I look forwards to seeing the day that to truly realise your potential as well. I wish to see the future that we will bring together.

*Also completing preparations for the day, the child gives the boy one last, lingering kiss*

Child: For now, however, we should probably get this part of the day out of the way. I was not lying when I said that I’ll be looking forwards to having you at my mercy all evening. I wish your training well.

Boy: Yes… I shall see you later, my love. Oh, I’ll be in the west hall, if I’m not back before you. If it pleases you, we can meet there. Well then, until we meet again.

Child: Until then, my love.

*The boy slowly and deliberately leaves the chamber, eventually meeting with his old friend, his attendant*

Boy 1: Are you in here, Syo?

Syo: Ah, my lord, I’ve been expecting you. I do hope that you are well this morning.

Boy 1: Syo! How many times do i have to say it? Call me Rozi!!!! You’re like family to me, are you not?

Syo: Perhaps a few more times my l….Rozi. After all, you are much greater than I. Is it not natural for a being to look up to and admire someone such as yourself? I am, after all, a mere attendant.

*Boy 1, slightly pouting, walks over to Syo, clutching his collar*

Boy 1:  No, that’s wrong! I am lesser than the gods…. Even as mother’s biological child, I am still lesser…. You are the same as me, are you not….? You don’t need to address me with such formality…. Unless you hate me now.

Syo: What? My….Rozi, I could never hate you. And you mustn't think that you are lesser. You are the son of the great Mother after all. You yet not realise just how…..awe inspiring you can be. But I promise you my….Rozi, I could never hate you. I could be loyal to no other.

Boy 1: Then promise to never use formality with me again, ok?

*The boy slowly releases his attendant, smiling happily*

Syo: *Smiling* In public, I may be forced to use formality, but when in private, I promise, the distance of formality will be no problem. I will remain your closest companion. For now, I suppose we should speak of business, however. Are you adapting well to your new status as a Hero? You seem to shine brighter than before.

*The boy blushes, still smiling*

Boy 1: Oh Syo, you exaggerate, but yes, you’re right. I was designing armour for my husba…. I mean, my lord and it got me thinking. The weapon that will be bestowed upon me and the additional weapons I will be using for combat will need an armour that matches. I believe lighter armour is better nowadays. Using stronger materials reinforced with additional magic. You’ll be able to do something about that, won’t you? I’ll come up with designs, but you’ll need to give me your honest opinions as well. I trust you.

Syo: Of course. I would do no less than to help you to gain a weapon that will match your great lustre. After all, part of war is image, be it to boost morale, or to strike fear into the enemy. For you, you need something to show that you are Lord T’s chosen, yet to bring out your true and beautiful aura, to encourage all those who follow you. Though indeed, even if you were to wear rags, your true self will never fail to make those who follow you love you.

Boy 1: Thank you, Syo. I knew I could always count on you. I just don't want to disgrace my lord as well. I been instructed that, eventually, once I am at a level of a full fledged ‘Hero’, I will be able to fight alongside them. It won't be long now and I need to be prepared.

Syo: You hope to fight alongside….him….correct?

Boy 1: Of course. I live for their sake and I will lay down my life for them. That is my duty and my wish.

Sayo: Then I do ask that that person not remain too much in the forefront of your mind. He could become a distraction for you. I have heard that he’ll be leaving to the front lines again, despite the many sweet nothings he speaks to you…

Boy 1: They are never a distraction. They are my motivation, as I am their’s. He is my sword and I am his shield. Nothing more, nothing less.

Syo: Yet it is for that reason I worry. I wish not for you to be harmed as a ‘shield’ when he harms you enough himself, by leaving you, the way that, as your attendant, I would never dream to. Yet...there is little I could do as a warrior. Still, if it ever becomes too much, or your fears grow too strong, know I am at your beck and call.

Boy 1: I… I do it willingly. But thank you. My powers are ever growing. I’ll train my body to fight so I can protect them, I’ll strengthen my heart to be apart from them and I’ll train my ears to listen. That is my role as one that belongs to him. But thank you, Syo.

Syo: Of course. I could do nothing less. *moves closer and gently brushes some of the boy’s hair from his face* I am your attendant. Everything I am is yours. If that is what you wish….Rozi.

Boy 1: Huh? Syo… what? What are you doing?!!!

Syo: I’m merely showing my loyalty-

Child: Then I believe you may wish to back off a little bit. You appear to be bothering dear Rozi somewhat, wouldn’t you say?

Boy 1: Master! Are you done with your meeting?

*The boy rushes over to the child at near lightning speed*

Child: Indeed I am. Your additions to the armour have been a blessing. I believe that I will be making quite the impression, thanks to you.

Boy 1: I… I’m happy you like it. I hope you’ll modle it for me soon.

Syo: Perhaps once your own armour is created, My lord.

Child: Well, perhaps. If I might borrow Rozi from you? I believe that you were going to be aiding in the creation of my love’s armour as well? I have a couple of things that I could suggest. *glancing to the Boy* Would you mind going on ahead at all? After all, I did promise to be with you for the rest of the day and I know how you enjoy to….prepare. I do look forwards to your surprises.

Boy 1: M-Master!!! W-what are you saying in front of Syo!!!???

*Frantically, the boy flailed his arms, trying to drag the child out of the room.*

Child: It’s not a secret that I like to spend time with you, nor is it a secret from your attendant. But I’ll bear that in mind. Anyway, I do have some things that Mister H had suggested to me that Syo may wish to add to his ideas, so I promise, I’ll catch up in a moment.

*Boy 1, trying his best to ignore the burning sensation on his cheeks, takes the child hand and dashes out the door.*

Boy: My love, you didn't have to go that far…. But thank you.

Child: Well, you did so for me. I could do no less than do the same for you, after all.

Boy: … How much of Syo and my conversation did you hear, exactly?

Child: What makes you think I heard anything? I didn’t need to hear things to see. You seemed a little uncomfortable is all, and I would be a poor lover if I could not help to ease you, wouldn’t you say?

Boy 1: He's never acted like that before… Maybe it was just…. I don't know… but hopefully he won't act like that again. Anyway, now that we're alone again… want to go back to our room?

Child: As I said before, I will be coming to our room in a moment. I wasn’t joking about the points I need to give to Syo, after all.

Boy: …. Sure…. I’ll head there first.

Child: Of course.

*The boy turns and leaves the room. The Child smiles after him, before heading back into the room, turning to face Syo once more, their face becoming stony as they approach the attendant.*

Child: I don’t care how you feel about me. That’s fine. But know this….if you ever try something like that again, they will never find your body, Syo.

Syo: ….Is that a threat, Master?

Child: I don’t make threats. That’s a promise.

*With a sharp turn, the child leaves the room, though their eyes that almost seem to glow in the shadows, stay fixed on Syo until they finally turn the corner and after their love once more.*

*The weeks seem to fly by quickly and soon the time for farewells approach. The autumn air crisp and ever changing with the help of the boy the child gets ready. Neither one says a word both holding back, for if either one says a word then the little resolve they both share will crumble way. But eventually the boy speaks.*

Boy:... You look so beautiful…. I won't ask for much, just that you return to me, my sweet husband. I’ll wait, I’ll be a good wife and wait for you...All I ask is that you return to me.

Child: I promise. I will always return to your side, no matter what. I look forwards to the day we will reunite once more.

Boy 1: …Thank you… thank you, my love.

*A few hours role by and the group await their departure. The child fastens the blade Mother had trained them with. In its reflection, the Child can see his bride, eyes closes and a figure headed in his direction.

Child: I hope you remembered what I said, Syo.

Syo: ….Yes.

*Syo then turns on his heals, deciding to leave for the moment. The child slowly make his way to the boy.*

Boy 1: Should you not be with your men? They need the morale support of their commanding officer, my love.

Child:  It will only take a moment.

*Cupping his cheek with one hand, the Child draws the boy in for one long, lasting kiss*

Child: Take care of yourself while I’m gone. And don’t forget my gift. If you need me, speak through him and I will know.

Boy 1: Yes...I shall...and you, love, don't forget my touch… nor your promise. Otherwise, I’ll have to keep mine… Your life belongs to me, so you must not lose it…  I love you.

*The words seem to eco melodically, the world seems to warp and distort and final goes black. Eyes begin to flutter and a distant voice begins to become audible.*

Madam Povell: *Speaking into a communicator* Yes, that's right. I want her monitored… no, the subject hasn't had any signs of awakening, but that may very well change by if we expose her to it. But I'm not sure what will happen once they are awaken. They’ve been dormant for so long and that little seal will soon break if we're not careful and, when that happens, then… Yes, we'll cross that bridge when we get there… Um hum… I’ll have the report sent back to you. Thank you… Yes… Yes… Keep me posted. Thank you.

*The communicator beeps, waking up the hungover girl*

Little Flower: … Hey, who were you talking to so early in the morning?

Madam Povell: You don't need to worry… we have a long way to go still. Get some more rest.  You’ll need it as soon as we land.

Little Flower: Umm ‘k… ‘Night…

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment