Saturday 2 July 2016

Squashing a Gnat

 
***Last time***


Alastair: *Dark look in his eyes* An annoying little bug, buzzing around my precious Pandora, annoying my mistress, making me work twice as hard to clean my precious Pandora of your presence… If you would kindly, ???, close the door and lets see what information we can get out of this little nat.


???: *Dark smirk* Gladly. *Yanks Phoenix Agent roughly from the sword point, pulling him inside and closes the door behind him *we’ll be sure to have a lot of quality time together.


*Door clicks shut*



???: so what do we have here?


Alastair: It is in your best interest that you tell us everything… I won't bother with the who are you and what are you doing here cliche. But, if you do decide to remain quiet, don’t expect to leave here alive. *innocent smile*


Phoenix Agent: …. I’ll kill you all!


???: ‘I’ll kill you’, ‘I’ll kill you’ - honestly, we heard that already so many times that I could probably write your villain speech for you. Let’s just drop the cliches, shall we, and actually get to the point. You tell us what you know, and we won’t tear you into little pieces, or let you die horribly, or poison you. I do have many of those, you know, some I haven’t even tested yet, so I do have a lot to play with. You on the other hand are very much at our mercy, especially considering that little hole in your stomach.


Phoenix Agent: I’d rather die than tell you-! *kicked in the stomach*


Alastair: *grinds foot* You’re tiring me. A bug should know its place! I won’t repeat myself - now tell me what you know, you gnat


Phoenix Agent: you think they’ll let me live if i told you anything


???: You know, I think just doing this the normal way would just end up with him saying nothing or biting his tongue so he can’t say anything even if you tortured him, then we’d get nowhere. Instead, I think I could offer a….different solution.
Alastair: Go ahead… I’m rather vexed right now. If I continue, the gentlemen in me may wain to my darker self.


???: You should be pleased then - I’ve never claimed to be a gentleman at all, so I have no reason to play the good cop, now do I? *approaches the agent and crouches beside him, holding up a vial* Now then, would you happen to know what’s in this little vial?


Phoenix Agent: *gulp and stares* F-fuck you, I’m not afraid.


???: Not afraid...? Heh, well, I never said I was doing this to frighten you. I’ll have you know I’m rather efficient when it comes to what I want. But, since you seem to oh so want me to try to get you to be afraid, I’ll let you know, shall I? This is something that I found a long time ago….I guess you could almost call it….a truth serum?


Phoenix Agent: Y-you wouldn’t, you cant, I won’t ever talk!!!!!


???: You believe you’d have a choice? Hahaha! So nieve! It’s almost painful. If I give you this, there is nothing I couldn’t get from you. Where you live, who you work for, your family, your friends, all the little bitty secrets you know? You would spill to my every little thing, and you wouldn’t even have a choice in the matter. You wouldn’t be able to say no. And who knows what we could do with that information. Your family and friends, all their locations...why, what would stop me then? They would truly be in danger and you would have hand given me all that information on a silver platter. How betrayed they would feel, that you so willingly told me everything.


Phoenix Agent: your bluff… oh god!


Alastair: no ‘God’ can save you now, I’m afraid. Since you know realise the weight of your situation, would you not oblige and tell us what we need to know. Or will you force our hand?


Phoenix Agent: I.. I’ll tell you everything!!! Just leave my loved ones be...


*One hour later, Phoenix Agent is dead and CUC have finished cleaning the office*


???: *Throws sealed vial up and down* Hm…..well, that was much easier than I thought it would be. Was I truely that intimidating?


Alastair: In comparison to your former days, you were very tame, Master ???


???: Heh….I suppose so. You could almost say I’ve been quite reserved in what punishments I would dish out Still, it was almost funny to see how quick he broke from threatening to kill us, to spilling his guts….well, metaphorically speaking, considering I already stabbed through them before we had our chat.


Alastair: I don’t know who's worse: your charge or you? You’ve been too close to her, that’s for sure.


???: Too close to her. Heh, hardly. She came by her own sadism honestly, my friend. Still, I never thought that I could have got away without actually using my ‘Truth Serum’. I was almost sure the agent was going to try my hand.


Alastair: He was bound to break from the moment you mentioned harming his kin. Humans are a funny bunch. All that bravery, but when facing a lion, a beast, a god, they tremble. And wilt like the bugs they are.


???: Careful now, your darker side is showing. Anyway, you’re right. I gave him no reason to believe that I was bluffing about harming his family. Heh….*Lifts vial and shakes it slightly* He had no reason to think I was bluffing at all.


Alastair: But, thankfully, your little parlor trick worked and we got some good information out of him.


???: Quite so. My tricks aside, should we start looking into that?


Alastair: What do you say we go on a quick mission, since you’re here? their headquarters don’t seem to be that far from here. Besides, we need to move fast on this.


???: Sure, as long as we don’t spoil things for Williams. And in the meantime, I’ll see about getting those guys to help you and T out on that other mission, too.


Alastair: Brilliant, we’ll leave Tuesday night. Prepare by then. I rather my mistress relax for now she’ll be dealing with your charge soon enough. I worry that she won't be able to handle her -.-’


???: Well, she is a handful, that I’ll admit. But I’m sure that your Mistress will be fine. Don’t worry, though. By Tuesday, everything will be in place.


Alastair *Chuckle* I hope so.


[END]




No comments:

Post a Comment