Tuesday 19 July 2016

Leaving for Missions

 
 
--- Briefing Room: Pandora Headquarters ---


*Tara, along with the team set up by ??? Under the name team 626 sit in front of the desk. Standing in front of a board which has a map of Japan with pins in specific areas is Alastair and ???*


Alastair: Thank you for arriving so promptly. Let us get the briefing underway. At 1600 hours, your team will be dispatched from the Pandora Hanger to Izumo, Japan. As you see from the board, there has been many supernatural incidents that have been plaguing the area, which all seem to surround this one central point *uses a pointing stick to indicate the middle of the pinned area*


???: As such, your mission is as follows: You will be investigating the central point, discover exactly what could be drawing these creatures to the area. This is a covert mission, so don’t draw too much attention to yourselves, especially since it could draw more creatures and the last thing we need is to cause the destruction of surrounding villages. However, if necessary, you are to take out any of the supernatural creatures that may become a threat to the surrounding areas. I’m not going to lie, simple as the mission sounds, it could get complicated very quickly.


Alastair: I’ll also add that you must not face any supernatural entity alone. This draw seems to be bringing in stronger than usual creatures, so to fight alone would be suicide. Above all else, you must survive, otherwise the information will not come back to us. However, if things do take the turn for the worse, make sure the information makes it back to base. Any questions?


*Silence amongst the people. Everyone seems to understand*


Alastair: Then I wish you luck. Dismissed.


*Tara is about to leave, only to get stopped by ???*


Tara: Is something wrong?


???: Just checking on you. You’ve been training with these guys, but its still a bit of a different situation for you. You ok?


Tara: Yeah, I’m fine.


???: ...Just look after yourself, ok? N will have my head if I let you die. I’ll be going with you part way, but I’m afraid I won’t be with you guys the entire time, so make sure not to do anything risky.


Tara: Got ya. I definitely don’t want N coming to the afterlife just to kill me again. Haha.


*A little later, in the hanger room waiting for the transport*


Tara: *looking around at the rest of the team, all of whom appear human, but some of which are not. The team consists of about six main people. Including Tara, there are a few ‘supernatural beings who appear to be of chinese descent, (add what kind of beings in a moment, I need to double check some youkai names) while at least two people are humans who were proven exceptionally loyal* Well…..we’ve done the training. Moment of truth, right?


Human Agent: Getting cold feet?


Tara: Haha, no, what makes you think that?


Agent: You’re shaking.


Tara: *Blush* S-shut up. Its my first major mission, not counting the breach. But I’m not shaking out of fear! Its excitement!


Agent: Uh-huh. Well, let’s get going miss excited - looks like our missions about to start


Tara: Huh? *looks to see the plane is ready to board* Here goes nothing then… *Pauses just before entering* I hope everything’s going ok with N…..


………………………………


*Crunching of leaves and the faint scent of cigarettes lingering in the air, man approaches Nadia and she sits by the docks waiting to a ship to set sail*


Nadia: For someone who likes punctuality, you sure are late. Agent Lorenzo Carideo, or should I say ‘late’ Agent Lorenzo Carideo. Since you faked your death an’ all that jazz.


Lorenzo: My apologies, former Agent Williams.


Nadia: You know that stunt you pulled almost got  you caught twice. I had to pick up the pieces for you. Honestly, breaching the security and that full on attack…. You’re losing your edge, my love. It’s almost comical.


Lorenzo: *chuckle* Am I? *Sits next to Nadia*


Nadia: I know you’re planning something. Everything you’ve ever done and everything you intend to do is calculated. So why don’t you tell me exactly what’s going on here?


Lorenzo: No.


Nadia: No?


Lorenzo: Not until I know you won’t betray me.


Nadia: *Slap Lorenzo’s face as hard as she’s able* You dare question my loyalty after I’ve covered for you? Even with the knowledge that, if they caught me, they would definitely kill me! How many nights do you think I cried, wishing I had died with you? I wanted to be where you were! And you have the ever-lasting nerve to question me? You… you bastard! *Slowly, hot tears start running down Nadia’s cheeks*


Lorenzo: *Wipes tears away and hugs her* I’m sorry, but I couldn’t blow my cover *Hugs tighter* I’m here now and this time I won’t leave you behind. You’re my partner, after all.


Nadia: Damn right, you son of a bitch. Don’t leave me ever again.


Lorenzo: *Chuckle* Since when did the Ice Queen become a crybaby? It’s not like you.


Nadia: Shut it, you. I’m allowed to cry sometimes.


Lorenzo: I know, I was only teasing. But, for now, let’s go. They’re waiting for us


[End.]



No comments:

Post a Comment