Tuesday 5 July 2016

Operation Search and Destroy




***********
*OOC*


Hi guys! Did you know we have a GoFundMe account?




Our little studio is poor as shit and we neeed your help! Every little helps and even if you can’t help, please share this around. It’ll be a great help! Love ya!


And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming
***********


???: So then, what’s our plan of attack, so to speak?


Alastair: Plan? I would have thought it was obvious: Search and Destroy.  *Innocent smile*


???: Yes, well, that’s all well and good, but I tend to like to have a plan or two under my belt. For example, I doubt you want to reveal all our hand straight away. Not to mention we don’t want the building falling down on our heads, or getting swarmed by parasites or getting too much mundane attention. Last thing we need are idiot bystanders who decide to come gawking at what’s causing the explosions.


Alastair: And here I thought I wouldn’t have to explain *Sigh* Here, take this. *thows communicator at ???* Here are the coordinates of the leaders. See if you can find them and do a little extermination. I’ll be tailing you and see if I can find anything ‘interesting.’


???: Sure, fine, but I’m also leaving any idiot civilian bystanders to you as well. You know there will always be at least one moron who will somehow get around here. And don’t say they can’t, you know as well as I do that I can. But fine, Guess any plans I have are up to me in how I get rid of the pests, I suppose. I’m assuming this is a none left alive situation, or do you want one of the leaders to get some more information out of. Just want to check before I accidentally make a good interrogation target into swiss cheese.


Alastair: Do as you will. I trust you to do your job well enough. I’ll jump in as needed. If anyone tries to interfere, I’ll ‘suggest’ they do other wise.


???: Fine fine. It’s rare that you guess let me do as I like Usually you tell me to keep the body count to a minimum. This should make for an interesting show. Well, unless you have anything else you need to tell me, like break up any machinery or something, then I’ll be on my way.  


Alastair: *Chuckle* Then let’s go.


*45 minutes later both arrive at Phoenix base ??? disguises himself as one of the Phoenix Agents*


???: If you come across me, please try not to kill me. I tend to get a little irritable when allies think I’m one of the enemy. This appearance should allow me to get in the middle of the base without a problem. They certainly don't expect an attack from the inside. You ready on your side?


Alastair: Don’t worry about that. I’ll follow your blood trail if I’m unsure of your location. Now, Master ???, if you would begin. I have to prepare Madams trip soon and I’d like to get on with that as soon as possible.


???: Yeah, yeah, precious Madam Pouvell, yada yada. See ya. *heads off. After going into a different direction to make sure no one saw him with Alastair, he then heads through to the base, using the information gained from the one they interrogated earlier in the week and heads inside*


*Once inside, ??? makes sure to go with the flow of people when needed, while setting up various small explosives to act both as distraction and to aid in the ‘destroy’ aspect of the plan. This would also allow him to be able to complete the search function without the building coming down on his head. After placing enough of the explosives on the ground floor, he tucks his hand in his pocket and flips the detonator. The explosions go off on a timer and the air rings with shocked cries and panicked sounds interrupted with explosives. Chaos caused, ??? sets off at a run through the corridors up towards the leaders rooms.


Alastair: *Via communicator* Nicely done. I’m going to hand back here, I believe found something interesting


???: Oh, keep me up to- *interrupted as he quickly strikes a Phoenix agent that ran towards him, grabbing his head and smacking the man into a wall hard enough to leave a dent* -date with that interesting thing. I’ll be having my own fun soon enough.


Alastair: *chuckle, while looking through documents* You seem to be enjoying yourself, from the denting the wall sound.


???: I do like to play rough, you know that. I just have the horrible habit of forgetting how fragile my toys are, you know? Oh! Almost at the leaders rooms *dark smirk* this should be fun….


Alastair: play nice :D


*Approaching the rooms, ??? presses his back against the wall and listens carefully to the chaos coming from inside as orders are being thrown around by the leader in an effort to control the chaos while remaining safe himself. There are also a few subordinates inside. Glancing around the corner slightly, a particular artifact catches his eye, resembling the book that had been found hidden in the Pandora Library by ‘N’ and ‘T’ some time before.


Pulling out a different kind of bomb, ??? covers his nose and mouth with a cloth before tossing it inside. It rolls in, before releasing a strange gas into the room. The man notices only after a thick, yellowish-green cloud has begun to fill the room. The man, startled, looks down, before trying to leave the room, only for ??? to slam the door closed, trapping the man and a few of his subordinates inside. There are chaotic sounds for a while before things become silent. Carefully, ??? opened the door once more, looking down at the people while keeping his nose and mouth covered. Pulling out another circular device, the cloud is sucked inside once more.*


???: Huh…..Was wondering when I had the chance to test that. Well, they’re still alive….for now at least. I think the leader himself might come in handy a little further than that spy was. With that poison gas, he won’t be moving too far for a very long time, though.


*looks over to the artifact, snatching up keys from the downed leader’s belt and, ignoring the distant sound of explosions, head over to the artifact, unlocking it from its ‘prison’*


???: Yes, looks like I found something interesting too, Al.


Alastair: More interesting than the names and places that their organisation is planning to hit?


???: Well, I don’t know about that, but remember that book you had T and N translate? Guess who just found another part?


Alister: Brilliant! Now quickly, collect that and kill off the leaders of this sector. I’ll join you in a moment, I’m just finishing off here.


???: Ah, I suppose with those documents, there isn’t much point in keeping this guy alive then, unless you wanted to check that those documents aren’t planted at all?


Alastair: Considering they had 9 guards surrounding them, I doubt it. Plus, they were on a drive detached from other computers. But you’re right, I’ll have the tech guys gett all they can out of it. With a bit of luck i’ll be handing this to team 626. So i hopw you’ll enjoy it. Oh and i’ll be with you in, 3, 2, 1.


???: Dramatic as always, Alastair.


Alastair: I do try… Are you ready? *serious tone*


???: Did you think I wasn’t? Oh, I have left one last present in the building, so, if you have anything of importance you want from here you have yet to pick up, I’d advise you to get it now.


Alastair: I’ve extracted all I can from this hell hole.


???: Then if you could also keep an eye on the book. I think that, just to be sure it wasn’t some weird double bluff, we should probably have one of the leaders in for a chat. If he proves useless, then I’ll finish him off. Either way, that poison I used will be keeping him pretty much paralysed at this point, so it’ll be a mercy killing once it’s over. I’ll catch up to you once I’m sure no little rats managed to get out of here. I’d rather not have to deal with stragglers later.


Alastair: Shall we take him with us or leave him here?


???: I’ll bring him once I’m finished here. Like I said, he won’t be getting anywhere after being hit with that poison of mine. Don’t worry, I’ll make sure he won't lead any more people to any of our hideaways with any hidden trackers on his person before I take him with us. I was planning to bring him along anyway, if only to verify your info is real. I wouldn’t put it past these guys to plant duds that even the underlings don’t know are duds after all.. Now, If you could kindly take the book, I’ll finish clearing up here before we leave.


Alastair: Gladly.


*Nightfall as the two return back to base, leaving behind the smoking remains of the Phoenix hideout*


Madam Povell: Alastair, where the hell have you been? I’ve be- *she stops dead in her tracks*


Alastair: I do apologise, Madam, *bows slightly* but ??? and I were exterminating the vermin cricess that have been plaguing us as of late. Do forgive my incompetence in not informing you earlier. I shall punish myself until you forgive me *eyes glowing*


Madam Povell: *Straightens back* That is not necessary. Give me your report in 1 hour  I shall be waiting in my room. And bring me my damned dinner already. I’ve been waiting for over 2 hours now.


???: Oh, put a sock in it. Would you rather have the organization get destroyed from under you? I don’t think so, so, if you please, it’s hardly becoming of you to act in such a manner when Alastair went through all that trouble to get you such a gift, wouldn’t you say?


Madam Povell: Don’t speak down to me, you-


Alastair: Now, now. Shall we discuss this in one hour like Madam has said before wondering eyes begin to follow us. We are in the lobby after all.


*Madam Povell backs off. An hour passes. All three are in Madam Povell’s room and the Madam is sitting by the fire finishing her meal*


Madam Povell: So, you’re telling me that this is the first book in conjunction to the one we have here?


???: That’s what it seems to be. Now aren’t you happy for the slight delay? And, that’s not even all the information we got from this.


Madam Povell: *Glare!*


???: Considering how many issues we have been having with morons from Phoenix getting involved, we couldn’t even risk letting you know about it until we’ve made sure the rest of your ‘higher ups’ are clear. The fact that yet more Phoenix agents got in, after we cleared up the underlings? You likely have someone not playing by Pandora rules. If we told you, and someone else overheard, well, we wouldn’t have got anything and you would be worrying about more than a two hour late dinner. Oh, I’m sorry, was that a little salty of me? I’m sorry, but I don’t particularly like you getting prissy with me. I’m an ally, if you recall, not a subordinate. Although, I suppose if you want to blame someone for borrowing Alastair, you can blame me. He was trying to help you after all.


Madam Povell:....


Alastair: *sigh* I don’t think that the lateness is the issue...


Madam Povell: if anything happened to you both, that would have been inexcusable, you should have at least have brought someone with you. I know you’re both strong fighters and very much capable men, but still, I worry. A war is coming and I can’t afford to lose any more of my agents.


???: I did bring someone else, or did you not miss Alastair for the past two hours? Joking aside though, you remember what I’ve been trained as, correct? I’m afraid that I happen to work best in smaller teams. Why alert the enemy to our presence with a larger group of people and potentially lose not only the book and the information, but the lives of men who aren’t suited for Infiltration, Search and Destroy? If anything, we did you a favour by not allowing any more people to be killed. We ran through every risk assessment we could and went through various scenarios before we took part in this. Believe me, this was the best of the scenarios we had. As much as you worry, you need to trust in us. We wouldn’t take unnecessary risks. And I certainly wouldn’t take your dear butler away from you. Heh, god help anyone who even tried to. Alastair has some kind of ‘Master’ fetish, I swear.


Alastair & Madam Povell: *Blushing* ???!!!!


Alastair: Honestly!!!!


???: I don’t see you two denyyyyyyying it *open fan in front of face with amused, wide grin*


Alastair: I could go on about your over-fondness with that child, but I won’t out of decency +.+


???: You mean my fondness for teasing her? Or my fondness for the fact that she’s somewhat amusing. I can at least admit that, dear. But, for now, we’re getting off topic. So, we have the book, we have information and we have means of verifying that information as well. Now, do you think we could also have permission to weed out little traitors in the higher ups as well. I’m getting sick and tired of squashing phoenix agents that climb out of the woodwork like cockroaches.



Madam Povell: Do with them as you please, just make it discreet and make it look the least suspicious as you can. The last thing I want is for the good apples in my basket to turn sour.


Alastair as you wish my lady *eyes glowing*


???: Sure. This is part of my job, right? Don’t worry, you can certainly trust us with that.


Madam Povell: try and do it before next week i’ll be transferring my god child to the agency then. Will you be sticking around to see her or….


???: I’ll be around. I’ve got a little surprise anyway, and I do want to see her face in person. It’ll be hilarious!


Madam Povell: *Frown* Why am I worried all of a sudden?


Alastair: Because he is going to try something -.-’


???: You wound me! I certainly don’t go overboard…..well, at least where this is concerned. I promise that I won’t be breaking any minds or buildings or people. It’ll be a good reunion, I promise.


Madam Povell & Alastair: *Flat look* Ummmm hmm!!!!


???: I swear, no trust at all….

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment