Monday 18 July 2016

The End of an Era

 
 
*Graduation After-party*


?: eeeeeeeee


Nadia: Is that a mosquito?


?: Eeeeeeeeeeeee


Nadia: The fuck is that?


?: EEEEEEEEEE!


*Nadia glomped into wall by Tara*


Nadia: The hell T? What are….


Tara: *hugging like a limpet* I missed you soooo much! You left without saying bye and….and…..waaaaaaaaaa, N! I missed you! Don’t just fall off the face of the earth again! TT^TT


Nadia: *Pets head* I’m sorry, but I don’t think we should be seen with each other after today. I’m no longer an agent. And you’ll blow my cover, and I don’t know how long I’ll be gone for: a few days, weeks, months or indefinitely. But for now, I don’t mind catching up.


Tara: Wait….cov- no, If that’s the case, I went temporarily deaf and heard nothing of the sort. But I’m sure you’ll ‘enjoy your holiday and retirement’. Though if this thing does end and we do meet up again when we’re not both busy with our own thing, we’re going to go out and drink ourselves stupid. Sound good? So don’t go dying on me - but for now, we have joyousness to take care of - wanna see how many people we can ‘accidentally’ shuriken with our waterboard hats?


Nadia: Only for today: it’s graduation after all, but in all honesty, I don’t think it’s a good idea for us to meet so openly any more, if I’m caught they’ll kill me.


Tara: I sort of got that. Which is why I’m not talking about that so it doesn’t look like you’re telling me things I shouldn’t know. And As said, it’s ‘after’ things are done with - you know me, I’m going to be optimistic about this, because the only person who’ll get to kill you is me, you see. So, I’m going to do my best to stay alive and you do the same, so when we’re all old and grey we can brag that we survived it all. *shrugs* I know, I’m an naive idiot, yada yada - Celebrations now! So, Congratulations on being a First Class Graduated student! How you feeling?


Nadia: Exhausted, annoyed; that speech was long and pretentious, but I’m happy to see our class one more time - well… most of them, apart from two fucker who shall not be named. +.+


Tara: Somehow, I’m not surprised there. Well, good news is that you won't have to see them again, so why worry about it now? You’re an awesome graduate - or ‘graduant’ - did they miss pronounce that in the speech, or did I start to drift off at one point? I’m not entirely sure. You know how my hearing is sometimes.


Nadia: Pft, I work for you grandma :P but seriously, how hard is it to say graduate! You’ve been giving the same rehearsed speech all week! Da fuck! And don’t get me started on the pronunciation of the names +.+


Tara: Oh yes, I can’t say thay got mine wrong, but I half saw the look when they pronounced yours as ‘Nardia’. I did feel sorry for that one girl, though. The person announcing the names stumbled over that one person’s name for a good few minutes.


Nadia: Honestly, my fellow Brits, there’s no fucking ‘R’ in my name! How hard is it to say    ‘Nad’ ‘e’’ah’? Come on, sound it out!!! ‘N that’s also the reason why I say to my family and first gen immigrant friends ‘if you wanna name your kid an ethnic (god I hate that word) name, put it as the middle name, coz theze people are gonna butcher the hell out of it’.


Tara: Well, only if you then don’t have your middle name on the list of names, of course - my full name was called out and I rarely use my middle name, you know? But either way, even if the speech was a bit long and there was some name issues, it was fun in places - did you see the guy that ran up to Lord Stafford with the selfy stick?


Nadia: +.+ DONT REMIND ME!!!!! This is supposed to be an elegant formal affair!!!! And you do shit like that *RAGE!!!!!!!*


Tara: Well, it certainly broke the monotony of names. Lol. But apparently, I hear the picture came out quite well - overheard someone talking about it.


Nadia: You know, sometimes the way you speak is like a nosy aunt, you know that? -.-’ :p


Tara: I’m getting into practice, considering I now AM a nosy aunt. lol


Nadia: Lol. Speaking of we got some great photos, too.



 






 
 


Tara: Yay! I think these came out nice, don’t you think?


Nadia: Yeah, I get ya ^.^ It’s a good end to a good day. Too bad it was raining most of the day -.-’


Tara: Yeah, I hear you. There were some really nice places in the gardens that would have made for some awesome photos. Ah well, you know what the weather is like around here. It was typical that it rained when I straighten my hair though…..Oh, did you get given one of those free bag-poncho thingies they were handing out?


Nadia: Oh, please believe I made one of my girls take photos of the gardens! ‘N no!!!! I wouldn’t be caught dead in one *shivers at the thought* that shit’s reserved for little kids ‘n’ the elderly!!!!


Tara: Hahah! Oh, I saw a kid in one. Poor thing looked like it was going to fall over - I think the parents ended up tying it at the back a bit, otherwise the kid would have been flat on it’s face. I think those things were all adult sized.


Nadia: Burn them! Disgusting fashion fail!!! ‘N omg, don’t get me started on some of the graduates outfits. Did you see the girl who wore a micro mini dress to grad, ‘no tea no shade’, but I didn’t know if she just came form the club or the pole!


Tara: Well, admittedly, fashion is more your area than mine. I was a little surprised to see someone in spotty socks and trainers, though, considering graduation is something special, but honestly, I was more worried I was going to get something on my own dress, considering how much white was in the dress pattern. I had this horrible mental image that I was going to get drink all over it, or fall into a muddy puddle or something.


Nadia: I get ya. Reason why I always wear black. And - *beep beep, phone buzzes*


*Message for Phoenix*


The date is set. You will be leaving tomorrow at location ‘Z33’. DO NOT BE LATE.


*End of message.*


Nadia: *Sigh* I need to go.


Tara: Duty calls, huh? *sad expression* Heh, sort of got that from your expression, there. Uh….,.hey, take care of yourself, ok? Even if it’s against the odds, I want you to at least promise me you’ll do your best to stay alive. I know it might not be a reasonable promise, but….well, call me selfish. If it helps you stay alive, then that’s fine by me. I don’t mind being a little selfish if that’s the case.


Nadia: i should be saying that to you, and i can’t promise you that. But I can give you a little warning: The next time we meet we’ll be playing on opposite sides of the court *looks back* so don’t count on me to aid you. The only thing i can do is drop bread crumbs. I know you’re smart enough to pick up the hints i’ll give. ‘N your right about one thing: we should definitely ‘meet up again for a drink.’ *disappears into a crowd.*


Tara: ...Mean. I’m pretty sure ‘trying’ to stay alive is certainly a promise that could have been made. It wasn’t like I was saying ‘Go and become immortal…..aaaaand now I’m talking to myself. Oh well….sanity is overrated anyway. *turns to leave* ‘Bout time I head out too, I think.


*Heads into crowd the opposite way from Nadia*


[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment