Saturday 30 July 2016

Welcome to the Darkside (We Have Cake Here!)

* Car ride*


Lorenzo: ….


Nadia: Say something. The silence is deafening.


Lorenzo: Why did you decide to join Phoenix?


Nadia: I haven’t decided yet.


Lorenzo: Then why are you here? *Pulls out a gun*


Nadia: Put it away, Lorenzo. I’m not going to fight you, not now.


Lorenzo: Perhaps not, but I can read you like an open book. I know that expression. You want to find out why I left you back then, and try to convince me to return with you once again. And don’t try to lie, I know you too well, Nadia.


Nadia: *OOC?: oh do you now :P* Since you’re being an ass and asking my questions for me, you might as well answer.


Lorenzo: ...you wish for me to answer? Very well, then my answer is this: You may as well give up and kill me now. I have no intention of ever returning to Pandora. Phoenix is all that I need now.


Nadia: *hum* You were always stubborn. Stupid demigod. Will you at least tell me why?


Lorenzo: It’s quite simple: to bring down my dear ‘father’, of course. *dark smile* Do you know how long it’s been since I last saw my father sweat? Since I last cloaked myself in blood and showed him just how little control he truly has.


Nadia: So you’re pulling a God of War on my ass?


Lorenzo: *chuckle* And what if I am? You know it’s hard being one of Zeus’s bastard children. I want to see hi-


Nadia: Let me guess, your life up till now’s been a greek tragedy so now you’re pulling a God of War to make things right? God, I thought you were smarter than this. Putting innocent lives in danger just to-



Lorenzo: Innocent lives? You really are blind. Do you think that Phoenix came to be for no reason? Everyone here is here for a reason, is united in our cause. We fight for the betterment of this world, Nadia, we aren’t the corrupt ones here. *Leans in close* no, that dubious honour goes to your little agency. Why is it, do you think, that despite all the advancements over the last few centuries, supernatural activity has gotten worse, not better? Surely, with their greater numbers, improves tactics and-


Nadia: Enough, I get it.


Lorenzo: If you truly understand, then join us! We can reforge this world into one without the oppression of gods that couldn’t care less for humanity. Together, we could rule over a new world, a utopia


Nadia: *chuckle and side look* You think you could take over the world? You sound like a Saturday morning cartoon villain. I overestimated you.


Lorenzo: If that’s the case, then why haven’t you done something about it, hero?


*Nadia roles eyes, car door clicks open as they enter an underground base*


Nadia: What a nice place you got here?


Lorenzo: I don’t believe you’re here to be an interior decorator. Just get inside.


Phoenix Agent: Sir! We’re ready for project X33



Lorenzo: Excellent. For now, however *shoves Nadia to the agent* Take this one to my office.


Nadia: *glares at both of them* How gentlemanly of you


Lorenzo: I have work to do. I’ll deal with you later.


Lorenzo: I don’t believe I clamed to be as such.


Nadia: *mussers* you used to be.


Lorenzo: Besides, I’m busy right now. But don’t worry, I’ll make sure to deal with you later.


*Nadia gets led away by agent, but paused before she can leave entirely, looking back at Lorenzo*


Nadia:  And why are you letting me in here, knowing that I could be a threat, Lorezie?


Lorenzo: Why? It’s simple, really. I want to see what my little mouse will do, knowing that she stands at the gates of hell. That’s all.


[END]




No comments:

Post a Comment