Tuesday 16 May 2017

Dance with the Devil


Tara: Hey everyone! Tara and Nadia here. Just before we get to the main point of the blog today, just a reminder that we are still accepting donations which will allow us to bring you way more content. We cover everything about that here [Insert link to blog page]. If you’re interesting in donating anything, or want to buy a commission, then please use our paypal tanrastudios@yahoo.co.uk

We’re also hoping to start up a true Patreon page as well, complete with rewards too, so keep your eyes out for that! :)

That being said, let’s begin!

……

--- Location: ??? ---

*An uncanny melody resonates through the air as the fluttering of silk and lace elegantly glides across the hall, the trance like movement coordinating with the flow of the dance floor. Each entity, distorted, unnatural, wrong, as they step in motion, to the melody. It seemed to pick up now it's host had entered the hall. The steps pound harder as the choir of screams melodically add the the tones beautiful darkness.*

*A beautiful dressed ‘Honored Guest’ was the object of the host's attention. The host's eyes, predatory, hungry. Each step made, the ‘Honored Guest’ that more uncomfortable. But something kept them in place. The Host steps forward, holding out a hand to the ‘honored guest’. They recoiled once more, turning their gaze away from the beautiful yet, inhuman host.*

Host: Now, now, don’t be shy. The night is long and it would not do for someone as eye-catching as yourself to remain but a wallflower, when there is no flower more beautiful than you present here.

*The host takes the guests hand and leans down to kiss the back of it, their eyes never leaving the guest’s face.*

Host: Please, honour me with this dance.

‘Honored’ guest: I won’t ask whom you are… I think I can guess. I would be lying if I said it was an honour to see you as you are.

*Batting their hand away, they make considerable distance between themselves and the host, the feel of cold marble ignites a chill down their spine.*

‘Honored’ guest: ... Where are we? I was just… I’m assuming this place is a construct of your consciousness, not my own. And, I assume you had fun toying with my emotions.
But let me warn you now: It will NEVER happen again. I’ll kill you with my own two hands soon enough.

*Rather than looking threatened or even angered, the Host instead laughs softly, oddly amused by the words spat by the Guest.*

Host: Ah, your words remind me of many things. You sound more like your mother as time goes by. It seems even a rodessa flower must sway to the winds of fate. Though there is still room for improvement. You, as everyone, seem to feel that it is I toying with you? Oh no. No.

*The host somehow manages to be close once again, behind the guest as they gently brush hair from the Guest’s ear*

Host: People are so quick to blame others, but those emotions, what you feel, those are not from any power of mine, but your own. I am not fate, I am not one who would lead you down a path with no escape. Neither can I ever dictate how you feel. Surely you know that, if you truly know who I am.

‘Honored’ Guest: D-Damn you! I’m nothing like ‘That Woman’! And don’t lie to me! If you hadn't messed with me, then things wouldn't have escalated the way th-!

*The host gently draws an arm around the guest, pulling them closer as they rest their chin on her shoulder, gently brushing her cheek*

Host: And who is it that taught you I would do such things? After all, those who speak of me bend their knees to the woman you so claim to despise, and yet to automatically believe that those words are true? When you have never, at any point, met me, to discover if those words are to further tie the strings of fate, like a noose around your neck? She only ever speaks enough to give them only enough rope to hang themselves with, and only when it is too late do those trapped by her web of lies curse at fate with all their hearts.

*The Host closes their eyes, moving their head slightly so their lips can be felt against the guest’s shoulder*

Host: No. Despite everything, I have never taken a choice away from anyone. True, those feelings may have been closer to the front, but those feelings were yours. Your desires, your fears, your hopes, your dreams. What makes you happy, what makes you sad. Those are all you. Tell me…..are you happy? Truthfully?

‘Honored’ guest: ...No…

*The ‘Honored’ guest, seizes up for the moment, craned to the side, as they tried to define the Host’s warmth, fighting back the tears that threatened to form, they close their eyes. The Host, surprisingly, is gentle, cupping a hand over their cheek to turn their face back towards them, a thumb brushing their cheekbone in a soft caress.*

Host: Why is it, then, that you fight so hard? Is it for the mother whom you so despise? For a court of gods who will never see you as equal? Who titter behind their hands and whisper poison behind your back? Is it for mortals, who will only ever see you as the child of Fate? For the god who chose you as his pawn, on a path that will lead you to be forever separate from others, and forever alone?

*The host closes their eyes for a moment, before making a motion outwards to what seemed to be a ghostly form that hovered out of arm’s reach.*

Host: Or is it that you do it for them?

‘Honored’ guest: S-STOP! STOP THIS!

*The ‘Honored’ guest, eyes begin to overflow. Knowing deep down that the specter in front of their eyes was just an illusion, they turn their eyes away. Negativity rushes through their mind as the guilt of the compromising position they found themselves in was fully realised. Tears begin to flow freely as the ‘Honored’ Guest’s rage turns to emptiness, the coldness in their eyes gaze deep into their unwanted partners.*

‘Honored’ guest: And let me ask you this… is it me you want so badly? Or is it the woman, no, the love you had and lost? Does it irk you that, not only did she chose another and had their child, but she left you? She wouldn't go to your side, would she? Of course she wouldn’t. Look at you: the once great god, now resorting to this.

*The ‘Honored’ guest, rolled their hips slightly, combing a hand though the hosts thick locks, as now attempting to turn the tables on there ‘partner’.*

‘Honored’ guest: Am I her substitute? Do you want me to be?

*The ‘Honored’ guest, draping themselves over the host, flutters seductive eyes. A devilish grin. Leaning forward as if to kiss the host, but stops as their lips almost touch*

‘Honored’ guest: Sorry, but I’m not a stand in for ‘her’. I will dethrone that woman in time. I will face my demons with the one I hold dear and I will NEVER bend to anyone's will but my own. I am the instrument of Nothing and bring about an end. That is my fate. But I carve my own destiny. And I won't have any God, Demon or Man have there way with me. Not now, not ever, understood?  

*The Host’s eyes narrow ever so slightly, but not for long, as his lips turn into a smile instead, an odd reaction when his eyes had held such a dark look to them mere moments before. A Laugh broke from him instead. He reached forwards and cradled her cheeks in his hands, leaning forwards to kiss them. Not on the lips, but in the centre of their forehead.*

Host: It has been such a long time since I had last seen one with a will I have not regretted being in the world. That you would spit in the face of both fate and the one to thank for having such a will in the first place. How easy it would be, to remove that will, to let you be a mere doll, a pretty flower that would wilt away. Truly, you do honour the flower whose name you bare. But I won't. Unlike fate, you will not be a puppet tied to strings.

*The host trails their hands down to gently rest on their shoulders, thumbs brushing at the soft neck of their guest*

Host: If I saw you as her, do you think I would do this? When I could so easily wring your neck? And, if I was the person you feel I am, what, exactly, would stop me from taking you now? After all, it is as you say, this realm, this construct, is not yours, but mine. Still….No. I am not as she is. I will not force you. Seeing what you will do, as darkness descends, as Gods fall to their knees, as those you love collapse and decay….that will be far, far more interesting.

*The host approaches once more, clicking fingers to plunge the room into darkness, except for a spotlight which illuminates the two of them. Taking one of the Guests hands, he pulls it close and kisses the knuckles once more, amused eyes fixing on the guests before, abruptly, pulling the hand so as to unbalance the guest, making them half collapse against him.*

Host: You stand at a crossroads, the fate laid out before you by one who cares not, the destiny that you wish to carve with your own two hands, or the many other paths that others have laid before you. But every path you can ever take will always lead you back to me. Whether or not you do so willingly, the choice is yours. However, the more you struggle away, the more you will dig yourself deeper. I wonder how long it will take, until your path will cause you to lose everything you’ve ever loved, everything you worked so hard to do. When you find yourself alone, by your own choice, I wonder, who will you curse then? Fate? Your own free will? Or will you curse the one to blame for that path you walked - yourself?

*A faint chuckle escaped the ‘Honored’ guest lips, leaning close again, tugging hard on the Host’s tie to bring them back to eye level.*

‘Honored’ guest: You amuse me, you really do. I wonder, in my next life, should I be a player in this ‘game’ you play? Tell me, if you don’t care about little old me, then why have you been watching me since I was small? Oh darling, aren't we a hypocrite. If you really didn't care, you wouldn't have done all this.

*Lightly tapping a finger to the Hosts lips*

‘Honored’ guest: Now, let me tell you something good: our fates may be intertwined and I may very well lose myself or my loved ones. But, after I’ve dealt with you and our little dance is over? I will see them again. It was a good choice that they lumped me together with my Master - I’m numb to the ‘nothing’, now it’s a part of me. I don't fear it - comes with the territory, if you will. So, if you're trying to scare me… TRY HARDER.

Host: Heh…..heheh. You talk well, but you seem to be under many false impressions.

*A hand quickly comes to the guest’s throat, a warning squeeze of fingers, even as he whispers into the Guest’s ear with honeyed words*

Host: You may be above a pawn on the game board, but you are still just a single piece on the board. If I wished, I could remove that piece right now, and, I wonder, will that bravery sustain you as an undead ‘hero’ puppet? Or will it remain with you as you are reborn? However, my ‘game’ will be far more satisfying to see when it is played out as it will be. Let’s see how long your act can last you. Lets us see how long you can remain numb before the shell breaks as everything falls to ashes in your hands. No, I do not need to scare you. You will succumb to your own despair, drown in your own fear. And I? I will barely have to lift a finger. After all, it will be all down to you and your choices. Let us see then, at the end of your bloody road, just how much fear you have then. And it will be entirely your own fault.

‘Honored’ guest: You know, I’ve notice a pattern with you elder gods…. You talk a big game, but you have to resort to these underhanded tricks to get your point across. It's laughable. I only have one last thing to ask you, though. I’m sure we’ll have another dance very soon, but tell me, why, my dear Lord, do your eyes look so sad? Throughout our little exchange, your eyes have always remained the same… pitiful… it's a shame that there’s a small part of me that feels for you. But then I realise you chose the path you walk down now. I hope you find someone to open your eyes, to warm your heart again. If I wasn't already taken, I would have wanted to try. Shame really. I guess that’s the one thing that wretch passed down to me: a small amount of compassion for you. But I think I’ve stayed too long. Don't you think it’s about time you released me?  

*The Host’s expression became somewhat flat as he removed his hand from their neck, clicking his tongue slightly*

Host: You see only what you believe. As you will. For now, you may savour your so called ‘victory’ over me. But, in the end, we will see. I wonder what it is that will be reflected in your eyes when the time comes? But, for now, enjoy the game, while it lasts.

*A smile crosses his lips*

Host: Give the other gods my most sincere salutations. For I’m certain when we all meet again, I will very much enjoy giving them a final farewell.

*The ‘Honored’ guest braces themselves slightly at those words. A black mist seemed to surround them as they felt themselves fall into the darkness. Slightly afraid, they cling to themselves. One by one, the jewels that adorn their form begin to glow and distorted voices cry out. The ‘Honored’ guest’s body is violently shaken as the voices become clearer.*

Voice: -us…! -zyus…! ROZYUS!

Child: ROZYUS! Please, wake up!!!

Rozyus: M-my love?


[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment