Sunday 2 October 2016

Meditation and Messages



--- Temple Training Grounds, Izumo-taisha, Shimane prefecture, Japan ---

*Tara is sitting cross legged in the middle of the temple’s training grounds, eyes closed with hands resting on knees and breathing slowly. Sitting on a rock in front of her, the priestess in charge of her training, is currently talking Tara through a meditation, until a snore breaks through the calm*

Priestess: *Eyebrow twitch* ...Are you sleeping?

Tara: *Snore*

Priestess: *Getting up from the rock, she stalks over to Tara, looking down at her with cool eyes for a long moment. Finally, she puts her sandled foot on her shoulder and shoves her over harshly* T-san, I believe I did not give you permission to sleep!

Tara: Ah! Um….Uh….Yeah, I wasn’t sleeping!

Priestess: *Long glare*

Tara: *Winces* Uh….OK, I was sleeping. Stop looking at me like that! *prods fingers together* I….Uh….I’ve never exactly meditated before and I tend to find it difficult doing nothing but ‘clear my mind’ for ages. Thoughts keep interrupting, you know?

Priestess: *Sighing* I am beginning to wonder how truly devoted you are to this. If you’re not even going to try-

Tara: I am trying! Look, not everyone learns from day one how to calm their mind and think of nothing at the drop of a hat! I worry about things, okj? I have a ton of people I’m worried about! But I just don’t know how to meditate right yet! And, if you forgot, I had to help investigate that broken seal thing and then use spiritual energy with that gun thing that Alastair brought when I’ve never even used that before! I was in research before all this! So don’t get all huffy with me when I’m trying!
Priestess: ...I see. I apologise, I am not usually chosen to ‘teach’, and it is as you say, I have learned from a young age. But you, I assume, had a fairly ordinary childhood, I assume?

Tara: Pretty ordinary, at least in the early years anyway, before I met my friend. Agent N, you know? I think we mentioned her before. It was only really after I met her that I really got involved in the mystic, you know? So, yeah, my mind and stuff is probably really disorganised. But I’ll do it, I will! I have to!

Priestess: Have to?

Tara: Of course. I can’t just sit back and let other people risk their lives for me. I have to learn this stuff so I can protect my friends, my teammates. So I’m a bit more than just a childish researcher with delusions of grandeur. I don’t want N to have to shoulder all those burdens herself either. So, even if it’s hard, I want to try.

Priestess: the sentiment is admirable, but I wonder how long your resolve will last.

Tara: It will keep lasting!

Priestess: Very well then, I suppose then that you won't fall asleep in meditation again then, right?

Tara: Right!.....Oh….wait….crap….This is going to be hard.

Priestess: Awww, there there

Tara: You don’t even sound sorry, you ass!

Priestess: Meditation, T-san, you must clear your mind

Tara: Don’t ignore me! *pouts*

--- Povell Manner, North London, England ---

*A Little Flower is pacing back and forth in her room while her butler, Dante Jaxson, stands by, watching*

Dante: You know… you’re going to ware out the carpet if you do that. Jeez, I bet you were up all night thinking about it! Hahah, omg, just admit you-

Little Flower: Oh shut it, Dante, don’t be so rude to your mistress - I own your ass, so act like it!!!

Dante: He was right, you are kind of cute when you’re mad! hahahah!

Little Flower: FUCK YOU AND GET OUT!!! *Blushes at the sound of ???’s name*

Dante: *Leaves the room with a cat like grin*

Little Flower: *In a huff, collapses on her bed, clutching her plush toy* I know better than this, so why am I… no, remember last time, don’t get you hopes up, just...

*Ping! The sound of her communicator rings in the air* *ping pi ping*

Little Flower: I GET IT! ShUT UP ALREADY! *Picks up the phone three new messages from ???. She hastily opens them*

Message One: Ah, this sunrise! It’s beautiful, don’t you think?

Message Two: *A photo of the sunrise over rocky mountains*

Message Three: *Waist up shot of a half-dressed ???* Just thought you might appreciate the view ;)

Little Flower: That ass hole and here i thought he wanted something serious!!!!!!! *blushing harder than before*

Communicator: And this wasn’t serious? I’m hurt that you would think that me getting your opinion is such a trivial thing. Cruel, dear, so cruel!

Little Flower: NO! Bad ??? *Mumble mumble* Why the hell is he so damn pretty? This isn’t good for my heart… *Raises voice* Anyway! How are things? Are you eating well? Are you feeling ok? Are you flirting with anyone? I heard a new rumor about you today.

???: Oh? A rumour? Oooh, I love rumours! They’re so funny how inaccurate they are. Come on, give me all the juicy details!

Little Flower: You went drinking with a girl from communications and information sector.. SO how the hell is she, coz you were also seen AGAIN with her and she was all over you, you didn’t brush her off, did you? DID YOU!

???: Oh, that? That was actually someone who was an informant for us. Unfortunately, we were being watched, so basically, we pretended to be ‘going out’ to throw them off. It was pretty risky to be able to get the information any other way - as in the informant was being really closely watched. Undercover work is a bitch.

Little Flower: Umm Hmm... Well… as long as it’s work, then I don’t mind...Eh, not like I’m jealous or anything like that, I just… ahh….

???: Ah, there’s a word I heard when I was on a mission in Japan once…..what was that word….Ah yes! Tsundere!
Little Flower: I don’t want to hear that coming from a perverted playboy like you!!!!! Like I said before, I don’t know what you’ll do when I’m not there! I’M your partner, I have to keep my eye on you! That’s all, BAKA!

???: Ah, the lady doth protest too much, methinks. *Chuckles* No, you should know by now that you’re the only lady for me, partner. So you don’t need to practice your cute Tsundere-ness on me. I promise, I’m being a good boy here…..well, good for Pandora, anyway, the enemies might not like me that much though. They all just die on me. I scare people to death, it seems.

Little Flower: Cute? Hey, how many times do I have to tell you, the way you say things are hella suggestive! Jeez! A-an’ I’m not a Tsundere, got it?! I just worry, that all. It not like I like you or anything, you’re just MY partner, and-

*Dante’s voice can be heard for outside*

Dante: Bull shit, she was pacing all night, thinking of what to say to you AND, young miss, just f*** already!!!!

*Littler Flower buries her head in a pillow*

Little Flower: I’m gonna fucking kill him… You heard NOTHING, GOT IT ???!  I d-don't like you like that

Dante: Not honest, is she?

???: Nope!

Little Flower: Boy, you better get your ass out of here before I bust a cap in your ass!!!

*Dante bolts off*

Little flower: *Glares at communicator*

???: Awww, come on, admit it, you’re adorable when you’re mad. But anyway, you asked me to let you know how things are going on my end. Did my messages help you at all? I don’t want you to end up losing sleep out of worry, after all. As your partner, it’s my duty to worry about you, as well, just as I’ve always done since the first time we met.

Little Flower: You worry… about me? And admit what!? I have no idea what you on about. Also, stop calling me cute and adorable! I’m not a kid any more, so call me hot and sexy instead if you’re gonna compliment me!!!!! Jeez, it’s like you only see me as a kid, we’re the same age, damn it!

???: …..Yeah, you’re right. Sorry. But yes, of course I worry about you. Just how I show my worry tends to be by bothering you. After all, if you react the same as always, it just means that you’re alright after all. So, I’m glad that everything is ok on your end. *looks away for a long moment ….Looks like my time's up for now, though, so I’ll have to cut this short for now. I’ll ring you again once I’m free. See you then?

Little Flower: I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to yell… I… sorry.. I’ll see ya, be safe *Tears up slightly but cuts the line*

Little Flower: I’m an idiot, I only made things worse... He must hate me now and what was with that look? Wait, he really does hate me, doesn't he? Oh no, I have to fix it before I leave. *Buries head in pillow*  But what do I say? I want to see him again and apologise... I want to... I want to… *Starts to cry*

Madam Povell: Quite the predicament you have there. ‘I want to see him again and apologise’. *Hands a pleated handkerchief* We’ll be leaving in 24 hours, you should patch things up before then.

Little Flower: But what do I say? He’s upset with me now and….and I..

Madam Povell: Then why not say what you did before? ‘ I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to yell, I want to see you again and apologise’. Little Flower, sometimes in life, a lady must apologise and ‘bite the bullet’, as they say. Send him a message, he will understand. You are partners after all, are you not?

Little Flower:  Will that be enough, though?

Madam Povell… *Wipes away tears* I’m sure it will be more than enough :) You both have been through far worse than this, remember?

Little Flower: You’re right... *Sends a quick message and tucks communicator under bed and falls asleep*

Madam Povell: Good night, little one.

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment