Wednesday 28 September 2016

Secret Phone Calls and Spellcaster Training



--- Povell Manner, North London, England ---

*11:50 pm, room 325, Dante Jaxson, apprentice butler, delivers a parcel to a certain young lady the parcel consist of a communicator and a battle outfit. The young lady changes into her night clothes and clutches the communicator to her chest*

Little Flower:  Dante, who wants to call that idiot anyway *Flops on the bed, she takes a moment before picking up the communicator again* AHHHH! I’m so pissed! Just wait til I get my hands on you, ???, you’re a dead man!!!!! *She starts to dial*

Ringer: Ring, ring *No answer* Ring, ring *Phone cuts off*

Little Flower: *sigh* He’s on a mission, maybe I should just leave it... stupid ???, I’m supposed to be your partner… we’re not supposed to be apart for this long… why did you leave me all alone… idiot

Ringer: Dial tone *phone rings again  and she picks up*

Little flower: … ??? is that you

???: No, I’m the other ??? you know. *soft amused snort* Yes, its me. Sorry I couldn’t answer before. Was in a bit of a predicament, but it’s sorted now. What can I do for you, Partner?

Little Flower: DON’T CALL ME PARTNER AFTER YOU UP AND ABANDONED ME!!!!! JACKASS!!!! Who the hell leaves their so called partner and doesn’t even say anything?! I bet you’re off fooling around when I’m not there, aren’t you?! Well, I’m here to tell you that I can finally get a hold of you and by hell or come high water, the next time I see you, I’m gonna kill you for leaving me!!!!!! I’m just so mad right now!!!!! You jerk! *Tears start to well up* … I thought you might have died somewhere, asshole.

???: ...I hadn’t realised your trust in me was that low. After all these years, I would have thought you’d know that I don’t fool around on a mission. But believe me, I’d have told you about the whole thing if I was permitted to. There’s….issues, at the moment, a lot of them, and we honestly didn’t have the time to waste. You were busy with your own mission at the time, too. But, for what it’s worth, I apologize. Though I imagine that’s not what you want to hear from me right now, huh?

Little Flower: *Tears streaming* You could have left a note *Sobs quietly* I was so worried I… I..

???: Hey, hey, it’s ok. You know me, I always get through things. I’m, like, super good at not being hurt. I just annoy the bullets so much that they don’t want to come anywhere near me. But if it makes you feel any better, you can try to beat me up a bit when I come back. How’s that sound?

Little Flower: Who said I was worried about you!?!? If anyone is going to take your life, it's gonna be me! I told you that when we were kids, I’m telling you now! IDIOT!!!! So don’t think I’m crying coz I thought you were hurt, I just don't want anyone else to kill you, that's all!

???: Sure sure. Well, same difference. I annoy the bullets way too much for them to want anything to do with me. You know that I’m saving myself only for you, darling.

Little Flower: E-excuse me!!!! That sounded suggestive! Fix the way you say things to girls, you're way too suggestive for comfort!!!! *Blush* Honestly!!!!

???: What, you mean you didn’t want me all to yourself to shoot at over and over? Such a naughty girl, getting a guy’s hopes up like that, you might give a man the wrong idea, you know? Heh heh.

Little Flower: Jeez, you troll *Face still burning* You never change... *Snuggles into the bed* But, I miss you, so come back to me soon… I... *Shuts mouth and avoids looking at the screen*

???: Well, why change perfection, right? *Becomes a little more serious* Anyway, you have my word, I’ll be home soon. So, until then, give our Miss Povell some hell for me, right? And you’ll see, I’ll be back to annoy you to death soon enough. Until then, chin up, M’kay?

Little Flower: Yeah, yeah. Oh, I ran into the triads last time I was out. They said they were your guys and they gave me a new chain for Zeus and Hades. But Al took my guns to Japan where I’m gonna be heading out next week. I wanna go Shibuya, so next time you're free, you're treating me shopping, got it?!

???: I wouldn’t expect anything different, love. See, you have something nice to look forwards to, right?

Little Flower: I can't wait! A da- *cough cough* a shopping trip paid by you! Oh, honey, I’m gonna bleed you dry! *Dark grin* I’ve seen your bank statements, ???, so it’s a shopping trip and a nice restaurant, nothing less -^.^-

???: Ouch….I can hear my bank crying in pain. Maybe I should go mysteriously AWOL for a while instead to save my poor account’s life. Surely it doesn’t deserve such torture.

Little Flower: Oh please, you’re practically  a millionair… Wait, do you even need to work? You could technically live out your days in luxury, you know that?

???: What, would you rather I be a slob? I’d get bored. You really think that would be a good idea? Me, bored? The world wouldn’t survive. Nah, I like what I do. Besides, if I stopped working, who would watch the back of our lovely flower, there?

Little Flower: I’ma act like I didn’t hear that -.-’ Idiot. ???, oh, I just got this. What do you think? It’s hot, right? *Tilts communicator to show ??? what she’s wearing* It’s a little different from usual, but it’s getting a little cold out, so I thought...?

???: It certainly suits you. But then again, you do look good in anything. Or is this a conspiracy to make me fall on my face while I’m on a mission? People might be a bit concerned if I topple off a roof out of surprise. That would be such a pointless death, don’t you think?

Little Flower: Ima act like I only heard the first part of what you said.  And forget you said the second. Well, you better savour that image, you’re not gonna see it again *annoyed*  But I won’t bug you any more. Call me back when you can, ok? *Tilts head*

???: Of course. You have my word. Take care until then.

Little Flower: You too, ‘n’ next time, return the favor *Mumble mumble* So I can sell it and make pocket money. Bye bye, ???

*Call ends*

Little Flower: Send... send me a photo, so i know you’re ok, so I can keep some part of you close to me until you come back. *Sobs into pillow* Jeez what wrong with me? It’s like I’m in… Oh no.

*Meanwhile, across the pond….*

--- Izumo-taisha, Shimane prefecture, Japan ---

*Tara and the rest of team 226 are now back at the temple after the defeat and purification of the local land god. Alastair had left the room to call back to Pandora, and had informed Tara to wait a while, since she would be speaking to a tutor, who would begin her training in the spiritual arts. Eventually, a young priestess, whom they had met briefly before they investigated the seal, enters the room, scanning the group, before her eyes lands on Tara*

Priestess: I was informed that one of you needed to learn the basics of the spiritual arts. It would appear that that would be you, correct?

Tara: Uh….yes, that’s me. Did Alastair describe me or something?

Priestess: He didn’t need to. Looking at your spiritual capabilities, it was easy enough to deduce which of you would need the training. It would seem that I will be your temporary sensei in the basics. By understanding the basics of the spiritual arts, it will allow you to gain a better understanding, and will help to give you a solid foundation when you continue your studies once you leave here. I imagine that you will be unlikely to never use these skills, considering your connection to Pandora.

Tara: True. So, when do we start?

Priestess: Now is as good a time as any. You have little time to learn, so there is no point in wasting what time we do have. Now, if you could come with me, it would  be best to begin without the distraction of others.

Tara: Oh, yes, right. *turns to the rest of the team* See you later.

Agent: Sure. Just ,make sure not to blow up any more caves in the meantime.

Tara: Oh, har de har.

Priestess: Are you done?

Tara: Eep! Sorry! *hurries out after the Priestess through the door and down the corridor* Sooo….uh...what do we need to do, exactly? Is there a practice room we’re going to?

Priestess: Eventually. However, before we begin, you must first be cleansed.

Tara: Cleansed? What, I don’t smell that bad, do I? I made sure to wash and stuff after the fight.

Priestess: I meant that, in order to use your spiritual energy, it would be best to make sure it isn’t contaminated by the youkai you’ve been exposed to, to be sure that it is pure and untainted. *Takes her into a large pool like room* You must be cleansed so that you will be more open to what we will do.

Tara: It almost sounds like I’m joining a cult or something. Uh….Am I supposed to be a pure, untainted virgin to make some kind of pact with a god or something? Because I really don’t know if I- *gets cut off as she is shoved into the water*
Priestess: ¬.¬ Oops, my hand slipped trying to suppress stupidity.

Tara: *Sputtering as comes up from the water* You….you are cruel.

Priestess: *Stares back unrepentantly*

Tara: ...Meany….

Priestess: Just start cleansing, idiot.

Tara: Alright, alright, I’ma cleansing.

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment