Wednesday 10 August 2016

The First Circle of Hell

 
 
--- Meeting Room: Phoenix Base ---


Phoenix Agent A: I don’t trust her... Who is she anyway?


Lorenzo: Whether you trust her or not, do you not trust in me? You should know by now my loyalty to the cause I surely wouldn’t bring some threat here, now would I? Although, I am sure if you were just to ask, she, herself, would tell you who she is.


Nadia:... You people bore me. I didn’t sign up here to be accused, I came to see what the agency who managed to shake Pandora to its core was all about, but so far all I’ve seen is this little hovel and I’m bored. Right now, you’re like squabbling children. You’re all nothing but common terrorists.


Phoenix Agent A: Why you-


Lorenzo: Oh, I’m sorry, but were you trying to prove her point? Be silent, you’re voice is unneeded unless you have something useful to offer. If we have finally done with the juvenile behaviour, perhaps we should speak of more important things? After all, we still have much to do.


Nadia: *Hand in pocket and pulls out a silver pen and a sketch pad* Well, since there’s nothing interesting for me to do, I might as well get some sketching done…. Any objections? No? No. Ok.


Lorenzo: *Without looking snatches the pen away* Perhaps, in order to help them understand that you are an ally, you might wish to actually introduce yourself so that we can actually get to something that will bore you less, dear.


Nadia: Hi, my names Helena of Troy. I’m going to be your downfall, but you already knew that, that’s why you’re so hostile towards me. But… but I’m a good girl at heart. Also, I’m Lorenzi’s Wifu, so be nice to me, ‘k? *wink*


Lorenzo: *Ignoring the outbursts of anger from other members and uses the stolen pen to smack her over the head a few times without looking at her* Well then, if you’re my ‘Wifu’, then you should perhaps behave, less you want punishment later


Nadia: *Raised eyebrow* Woof! Someone’s kinky.


Lorenzo: Business first, pleasure later. *looks around to tilt her head to look at him.* And it will be my great pleasure to have you drowning in your own despair *lets go of her chin* However, I’m not joking in that we have things to do, so, instead of acting as childish as you claim our friends here are, perhaps you might like to share some information?


Nadia: Like what? My measurements? My date of birth? My favourite colour? I think you know all of that and more. Is there any need for me to tell you what you already know? You’ve been watching me since you hacked into Pandora’s system, you know as much as I do. But rest assured, if I come across anything new you’ll be the first one to know. darling


Lorenzo: Well, if you want to inform them of your personal information, be my guest. However, If you want to prove yourself as a member of Phoenix, then information on Pandora would be best. Otherwise, you may just be seen as nothing more and a nuisance. If you’re not useful, then we would just have to terminate you. It is your choice, after all.


Nadia: *Sigh, inner thoughts* I had hoped he wouldn’t ask me for that so soon. Well, no matter, I’ll lead them down my one of the first set of traps but… Ah, that’s it!


Nadia: Any of you’s got a computer? I’ll be able to hack into Pandora’s database from there. But I’m not doing all the work for nothing. Last time I got something called wages. You pay me, then I can, like, do more work for ya. Ain’t nobody wanna be a broke bitch up in here.


Lorenzo: Your needs are covered here. Although, if you wished for more, you may speak to the heads. *smirk* of course, to reach the heads, you need to actually do work for us, so that we know that you’re not just going to bring harm to them. Quite the pickle you’re in, wouldn’t you say?


Phoenix Agent B: Were you expecting special treatment? We don’t even know if we can trust you, other than Lorenzo’s word, and even then you keep outright saying you’re a threat to us. Did you think we’d just let you go and demand things from the Head after that?


Phoenix Agent A: You probably should have thought about that before you started your shpeal, miss ‘Helena of Troy’.


Nadia: One: Bitch Boy, it’s ‘Lorezie’s Wifu’ to you. Two: get me a damn computer before I knock your top off. Three, how the fuck are you? And the sooner I’m funded the sooner you’ll get my knowledge. Until then, get your beak out my business and deal with the bread crumbs. I don’t work for free. A real mercenary doesn’t.


Phoenix Agent A: You were just told that your needs would be taken care of. Who said anything about ‘free’. Besides, if you carry on, you’ll be getting paid by us sparing your damned life. Or maybe we should just get rid of the risk right now and just get rid of you before you become an issue!


Lorenzo: Perhaps a test. You hack into the system with no trouble, no virus infestations, no problems at all, and we can discuss a greater payment for you. After all, even Pandora tests their recruits before they get a true wage. Prove that you’re as good as you once were, and your payment will be truly rewarding.


Nadia: *Inner thought* Damn you, Lorenzo! You know exactly what you’re doing. But if I’m right, the one alerted will be one of the agents back home. They’ll know what I’m doing once I’ve hacked in, thank fuck for that.


Nadia: *Sigh* How many times do I need to repeat myself? Bitch boy, get me a mother fucking computer… I’ll hack in from there.


Phoenix Agent A: You-


Lorenzo: Just do it. Unless you enjoy playing into her hands.


Phoenix Agent A: *Shoots a dark glare, before leaving the room*


Lorenzo: As for you, perhaps you should curb your tongue a little? *dark smile* My ambitions for you don’t necessarily need your tongue, after all.



Nadia: *Raised eyebrow* Darling, I thought you said pleasure is after work. *Wink* Besides, the day I hold my tongue is the day I die and I’ll tell you now, my beautiful demigod, I intend to live a long fucking time.


Lorenzo: If that is the case, perhaps you should think a little before you speak? Otherwise you won’t be protected from some of our agents. Not everyone here will be as ‘push over’ as you seem to believe, and there are those with shorter tempers. However, if you want to get on everyone’s bad side and get yourself destroyed, do so quietly and try to avoid getting blood on the walls? It is a pain to clear up.


Nadia: You and I both know you’ll save me before that happens…. And I can handle myself. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I’m not the damsel i used to be. I’ve grown a lot since… the Red War. And I’m more than capable of handling your agents.


Lorenzo: Stronger physically, perhaps. Mentally though...well. Perhaps you are stronger, but as you gain strength, so does your allies….and your enemies. Always remember, there is always someone stronger than you.


Nadia: … You’re still the same, deep down. It’s cute. You used to worry about me like that back then, too… I really did miss you-


*Cut off by agent A&B entering the room*


Phoenix Agent A: Here. *Puts the laptop down in front of Nadia.* Anything else, ‘your highness’ or can we get things done now?


Nadia: JakieDanyals and cola would be nice. Oh, and one icecube. Oh, and make sure it’s not clowie. If it is, you might as well throw the whole thing away. Now shoo, i need space to work!


Phoenix Agent A: *Fuming* You really-


Lorenzo: You don’t need to get a drink for her, just let her work. The more you respond to her barbs the more she will ‘play’ with you. So, if you wouldn’t mind getting to work. I’ll know if you do decide to try anything, of course.


Nadia: Lorenzie, don’t tell them that. I was relieving my boredom. That simpleton was amusing me. *Boots up laptop* Look, he’s all red.  And, by the way, I need my pen back; there’s a pattern I need to remember, so I’m going to need to write the thing down. *Drums fingers on notepad*


Lorenzo: Perhaps, but making agents flustered to that extent gets annoying when there are things to do. Please try to behave. *hands back the pen* Show me just how much more skilled you’ve become since we last worked together.


Nadia: *Clicks pen* Humph! I make no promises…. An’ give me twenty minutes.


*Twenty minutes later*


Nadia: I’m in…


Lorenzo: *Checks watch* And to think, you timed yourself correctly. So, if you could get our information The laptops here are specially designed to make them difficult to track, so we have time before Pandora gets too nosey.


Nadia: Um~ Hey, Fuck Boy, here’s a peace offering. I’m done teasing you, not fun anymore. *Hands over pen*  


Phoenix Agent A: *Takes pen, though is very sarcastic* Gee, just what I always wanted. Do you have the info or not?


Nadia: Bitch! Give me back ma’ pen, an’ here I go offering peace an’ all, an’ YES, I got the info, rude ass boi!


Phoenix Agent A: I’ll give it back once you’re done so you stop getting distracted.


Lorenzo: Sometimes I wonder why I deal with people….If you’re finished, then you can fool around later once you’ve pulled out of the hack.


Nadia: *Ignores both of them* I’ve done it already and it’s all the information you need. it’s available to be sent to you whenever. *Fiddles with her earing*


Lorenzo: Then we’re done for now. Send that information to me later.


Phoenix Agent A: *Lightly tosses the pen back to Nadia*


Nadia: *Clicks the pen a few more times, and inner thought* And now all of your information is mine.


Nadia: Now, if thats all, I’m going to go exploring. I’m tired of being kooped up in this hovel


Lorenzo: *To the other agents* You may go. You, however…. *Turns to Nadia as the other agents leave the room* I have one last thing to ask of you.


Nadia: Proposing already?


Lorenzo: You know that you’re not as sneaky as you believe you are. I know what you did.


Nadia: … Can’t pull one over your eyes, can I? Are you going to rat me out, Lorenzo?


Lorenzo: And here I thought you knew me. I believe that there are more satisfying ways of dealing with you. You’ll need far better toys than what you have. Do you not think I would have anticipated such actions from you? No, for now, I want to see you struggle for any kind of control before you reach inevitability. Do make your descent into the darkness interesting for me.


Nadia: *Chuckle* I want to save you, I really do, but you’re making it hard for me to try and give a fuck anymore. I going out for a bit. The less time I stay in this wretched place, the better. And one more thing…. What makes you think you’re winning this little game of ours? I’ll show you the power of light soon enough. Hopefuly, it’ll be enough to save you.


Lorenzo: *Smirks* I’ll love to see you try. Keep struggling, it just makes the game just that bit more fun.


Nadia: ‘Til next time, Lorenzie. I’ll be in touch.


Lorenzo: Until then.

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment