Saturday 6 August 2016

Pandora's Box

 
 
Violet: …. I believe, I tasked you to gain info on the syndicates.


Girl: You told me to get the dirt, ya never said anything ‘bout keeping them alive


Cyril: Killing’s the issue here


Violet: Thank you Cyril.


*Other side of the door, Alastair, who is otherwise alone, is listening into the conversation while on the phone*


???: *chuckle* Well, she hasn’t changed much. I’m glad.


Alastair:  Are you sure you don’t want to at least say hi? I have a feeling she’s going to be a hand full for my mistress without you balancing her out.


???: Hm….No, not yet. If I speak with her now, like this, she’ll feel more like she’s being manipulated. Better to let her settle in and get used to the dynamics of a different person as a partner. How the two of us work is much different after all. I’ll get to see her soon enough.


*Muffled voiced from the other side of the door*


Violet : as of today you will work for me as a Pandora agent.


Girl: Pandora


*..........*


Alastair: Well aren't you quite the guardian ???, but, after all said and done, aren't we manipulating her? Molding her into what we need her to be? Hiding things from your charge? For her own good, of course. But how will you react when she finds out the truth? Are you prepared for that?


???: I’m aware that we’re doing it for her own good, but why we are doing and how she perceives our actions are two different things. For all her skill, when it comes to emotions, she thinks with her heart, not her head. It’s not a bad trait, per say - that she can feel like that is what agents need to keep such balance, but it can still…..be something you need to be gentle with as well. ….Sorry, it probably sounds odd to you. Either way, I could say I’m prepared but….that would be a lie. We’ll take it as it comes. But if she wants to know the truth, I will not hide it from her. She deserves to know. Just…..when she’s ready. Piling too much on her at once would only hurt her more.


Alastair: In all honesty, she wouldn’t normally be qualified to be one of our agents. Yes, her ability to present her heart on her sleeve is refreshing. But, you know as well as I what she is, what she’s capable of, when her emotions are involved. That little seal wont hold for long.


???: It might already be too late for that - the seal that we’re investigating? It looks like it’s already broken; it has been for a while now, at least three years. Even if we did nothing, with whatever came out of that seal? It’s going to affect her. At this point, even if she wasn’t with us…Just….make sure to warn your mistress, ok? We’re doing what we can here, but….


Alastair: What about the temple girl? Would she be able to suppress or at least tame, your charge.


Girl (beyond the door): WHAT!? I don’t do partners!!!!


???: Oh, rude! I’ll have to get back at her for that one. Hmph! Anyway, my revenge aside, having the temple girl there will help, I think. Her powers are purification based, it will help to cancel out most of the darker energies, at least for a little while. It won't hold forever, of course, but it should help to stop the forces pushing too fast. I do wish we had more time for this, though…..


Alastair: It was inevitable, as she ages, the stronger her presence gets. Not to mention she’s unstable and unpredictable. I have a feeling that when her powers fully manifest, we’ll all be in trouble.


???: Unfortunately, we can’t do much at this point until it actually happens. Even if I’m not going to be with her just yet, I’ll keep an eye on things. If she loses control, I’ll step in….I know, I know, you’re probably giving me the ‘you idiot’ stare, but I’ll be ok if worst does come to worse.


Alastair: Would you be able to, or willing to, put her down if push came to shove? I’m speaking hypothetically here: she loses control to the point where you were unable to tame her.... what would you do?


???: If worst comes to worse…..I’ve done….worse things. It’ll be my responsibility anyway. But I doubt it’ll come to that. Perhaps it’s uncharacteristically naive of me, but….I believe in her.


Cyril (from beyond the door): Sucks to be you kid.


Girl: fine but i aint ‘appy bout it.


Alastair: *scoffs* You’ve grown soft in your old age, you know that?


???: Heh….perhaps. But I prefer to say that it’s….instincts. I’m of course not saying that it’ll be an easy ride. There’s going to be trouble and hardships, there’ll be slip ups and things may go wrong in the end, but I feel that no matter what, for better or worse, we will all get through it. If you think about it, is that not ‘human’ nature?



Alastair: Human nature... *chuckle* I almost forgot what humanity was like: frail creature filled with hope... pitterful fragile yet beautiful creatures. All they have is hope.



???: Whether it’s hope or despair, strong or weak, corrupt or pure, humanity has a way of making things interesting if nothing else. But, if you think about it, there are much stronger predators out there, yet humans still are the creatures that have thrived the most in the world. There is something that could be learned from them, I suppose, otherwise surely the world would have been completely driven into the ground by now. So, if nothing else, let’s do that, shall we? Learn from those ‘pitiful, fragile, beautiful creatures’ and hope.


Alastair: Optimism is not my personal strong point, but I’ll fake it, for now. For the sake of your charge and mine.


???: Well, I believe there is a saying: ‘Fake it ‘til you make it’. Still, for your faith, fake or not….thank you, my friend.



[END]



*OOC Nadia: Hi guys! Just wanted to say thanks for sticking with us thus far. We got some good news! Pandora Chapter I is finally here.


 


We’ve included snippets of the chapter I in this post as fun little easter eggs. Have fun finding them!


*OOC Tara:  If you want a copy of Pandora, or any of our other titles, please message us on our email: tanrastudios@yahoo.co.uk under the title of ‘Comic Order’, and we can ship them out to you. Or if you just want any info on our comics or anything about us here at TanraStudios, under the title of ‘Tanra Info’ and we’ll get back to you :)

OOC Both: Until next time, agents!

No comments:

Post a Comment