Wednesday 31 August 2016

Hide and Seek



*N walks down a winding path way, then suddenly picks up the pace*

Nadia: *Sigh* These fuckers are persistent...Well if they want to play kiss chase, then I better make it hard for them to catch up. *Starts sprinting*

Agent:  I can see her up ahead!!! Get her!!!

*Gunshots can be heard in the distance. N stops running and looks up*

Nadia: Humph... So you found me, ???. I  didn’t think I would run into you so soon.

???: I like to be surprising. But I think perhaps if we are to talk, it should be away from the guns and morons, don’t you think? Or should we be putting on a show. I can do either.

Nadia: Though I do love the theatrical, discretion is my best choice right now.

???: *Quickly sweeps up Nadia into his arms.* Well then, if you excuse me *with that he quickly darts off into the shadows with Nadia, using the surroundings to get them into a hidden spot on the roof of one of the houses*

Nadia: *Chuckle* When was the last time I was held like a princess? I think I could get used to that *raises eyebrow slightly and smiles* Well, since you’re here with me now, I might as well give you an update.

*Twenty minutes later, during which time she explains what she had been doing until that point between their escape. Eventually they find an abandoned building, which they hide inside until the coast is clear and they will not be overheard.*

???: *Checking through the window of the abandoned building* It seems like we lost them. We should be fine for a little while. Dare I ask what that situation was about?

Nadia: Well, like I said, they don’t trust me - and with good reason. Besides, I let them into Pandora’s systems, but don’t worry, it’s the mock one I built before I left. If all goes to plan the guy in my old division should keep them busy for the time being. But they need to update it around the clock if they want it to be believable. Phoenix technicians are good, not great, but they’re not incompetent, either.

???: Dare I ask what you did to raise their suspicions? If you’re not careful, it could be your head on the chopping block. I don’t want to hear you got yourself killed by making a mistake. But I’ll make sure to get the word back to Al soon to maintain the dummy system. Are you sure that they’ll trust you enough not doubt the system you got them into, though?

Nadia: Do you think I’m an amateur? *Smile* But, if you have to know, it’s because they’re always watching - one bastard in particular - but yet he’s covering for me... It’s strange. I can’t quite tell what he’s planning, though I know the motive.

???: You mean that guy…..your ex-partner, right? *Crosses his arms with a thoughtful frown.* It’s likely he has some form of agenda. Has he said anything to you about it? Even a vague hint?

Nadia: Have you ever heard of the Norse god Baldr, and the death of the god? What his death would mean?

???: ...I’ll admit that Norse ‘Mythology’ isn’t my strong suite. I’m far more suited to eastern mythology. Still, you get to know these things when you’re in the business long enough. *looks over to Nadia with a frown.* Then….this has something to do with Ragnarok?

Nadia: Well, more or less. The end of days, the fall of Olympus… Death to the king of kings. But ex-partner is one of Zeus's many bastards; the youngest and the runt of the litter. He wants to dethrone his father for some reason. I know Zeus isn’t the greatest of gods, but does he really know what he’s getting himself into? But i guess ‘we all have a reason for being here’ like he said.

???: I was….expecting grander reasons than a family dispute. But I assume he must not have looked where messing with god's got many of the ancient greeks. It almost always leads to tragedy. But….what makes him so confident that he can even do it? I remember Lorenzo - he never did anything unless he thought he could do it.

Nadia: .... Because….. He didn’t have me before…. He didn’t have a strong following behind him…. And he didn’t … he didn’t have that mark on him either.

???: Mark? What mark is this?

Nadia: The mark of the beast, it’s the same one as the ‘seals’ we’ve been looking into. ???, listen, I only saw it briefly the other night, but… it’s there. I’m going to try and look into it but… *sigh* the likelihood of me getting out of there alive when the time comes is decreasing. The best I can do is take him down with me.

???: If there is a chance of getting out, even if its only one percent, it’s still a chance. And remember, if it comes down to it, contact me. If nothing else, it might just give your chances a little boost. Its very hard to cage me after all.

Nadia: *Chuckle* Our times up, handsome. They’re searching the area. By the way, take this *Tosses a pendrive his way*

???: *Snatches it from the air* Any hint on this little present?

Nadia: It’s a surprise! You never know, it might be a useful game for you ‘young charge,’ but, hey, only time will tell. But in any case, keep it on your person. Until we meet again, Hotie.
You can even use it like a necklace ^.6

*N runs out the window and yells*

Nadia: Can’t I get any peace! I’m not bound by you jackasses and when I want a break from you all I’m gonna damn well get it, you hear me!

Agent: The bosses called for you and you will return, now.

Nadia: Can’t get NO peace out here, can i? *Walks off, but looks back and sees a small boy with tea coloured eyes winking at her*

Boy:  *Gives a bright wave* Bye bye, Miss! Thank you for the necklace. It’s really pretty! I promise I’ll take good care of it.

Nadia: You’re welcome. Give it to the girl you like ‘n she’ll fall for you. ^.6 That’s the magic we talked about

Agent:? ...What?

Nadia: Not that it’s your business, but girls like a bit of bling, that all im’a say.

Agent: whatever. We’re leaving

Nadia: umm.

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment