Tuesday 30 August 2016

On Route to Hell



--- Pandora Private Jet ---

*Alastair is sitting in the passenger area of the plane, currently on route to Japan, where ???’s distress call had come from, on the communicator*

Violet’s voice from the communicator: I hope that everything is going smoothly so far, Alastair.

Alastair: Currently there has been no issues in travel, Milady. Whatever disruptions that have been coming from Japan don’t appear to be affecting the airspace, at least not right now.

Violet: And any further news on the team?

Alastair: I made a few more attempts before takeoff, however, currently nothing. However, I will be sure to forward any new information to you as soon as I can get in touch. All I currently know is that ???’s communicator seems to be regiustering vitals, so we know at the very least that he is alive. I’m monitoring the rest of the team now.

Violet: Very well then. Be sure to forward the information as soon as you have it. We do not need another repeat of the Red War.

Alastair: Of course, Milady. I will be in touch soon.

Violet: Please do. And….Alastair?

Alastair: Yes, Milady?

Violet: Please….be careful.

Alastair: *A slight smile crossing his mouth as he closed his eyes* Is that an order, Milady?

Violet: If it must be. I order you to come back to me safely, Alastair.

Alastair: Then I will complete your orders to the letter. I will come home soon, Milady. Nothing will prevent me from returning to your side.

Violet: Then, as always, I’ll trust you. Come home soon.

Alastair: Until then, Milady.

*Finishing the call, Alastair calls a new number. After a long while of call tones that almost has Alatair suspect a lack of connection yet again, the call is answered. While it’s a little staticy, ???’s voice is much clearer than it was during the distress call*

???’s Voice: Ah, finally! I was begining to wonder if the calls would actually connect at all. Most of the ones from my end were just cutting out until we got clear of the site.

Alastair: It seems that it was the same here as well. I’m currently on route to Japan, however, now that we are finally able to speak, what’s the situation? You mentioned T. Is she…?

???: Thankfully, she’s a bit hardier than we gave her credit. She’s unconsious right now, but alive.

Alastair: What happened?

???: Well, we found the cause of the outbreak of youkai activity in the Izumo region. It seems that there had been something rather strong that had been sealed a long time ago, and I mean a real long time ago. Probebly around the same time as those books. And whatever it is, it’s strong. We wen’t to investigate the site and….well….whatever was in it, it’s not there now.

Alastair: *Sharp intake of breath* The seal’s broken?

???: Broken enough that whatever was inside it is gone, but….damn, whatever was in there left….something behind. I’m not sure how to even describe it. Part of itself? Ambient power? Whatever it is, that’s spilling all over the place and its what’s causing the Youkai to go nuts with power lust. They want whatever they can draw from this power and, let me tell you, its not good.

Alatsair: How strong?

???: Strong enough to draw a Jorogumo, which attacked us while we were investigating. It’s probebly been preying on the lesser Youkai that tried to get close too, in order to increase its power more. It had been there long enough to set a trap that seperated up. T managed to defeat it, but it was pretty close. If I’d got to her any later she would have got crushed in the cave in.

Alastair: And what of the others? Whatever that power is, its disrupting most of our monitors, not just the comminications. I only recently got the ability to monitor yoyr vitals again, I still have nothing from the others.

???: They’re a bit trapped at the moment, but fine. Once I’ve dropped off T with the Prists again, I’ll head back to the site and get them out. They’re not human, so they’re not going to die from something like that, I promise you. Though if you could bring a difgger along with you, that might be useful….Actually, speaking of the site, we’re going to need a sealing team over here.

Alastair: But you were saying that whatever was sealed is already gone - though, no, I understand. Whatever ambient power that was left behind would continue to attract Youkai to the area and more would die. Not to mention if part of itself is left behind, perhaps keeping that part sealed might help to keep whatever escaped a lesser threat. Understood, I’ll radio in to our asian branch and get a team to you to get it sealed. Will your team be able to protect the area until then?

???: Once we have most of them out, yeah. T’s safe, and once she’s back to health she’ll rejoin them. But you know that I’ve got to get to team 626 soon enough, right? How soon will it be for you to get here to take over 226?

Alastair: Assuming that the drawing of Youkai doesn’t start affecting the airways, then we should land in Japan in approximately five hours. Will you be able to remain for that long?

???: That’s fine. I can manage that, but not much longer. I have a bad feeling.

Alastair: If anything more happens, keep me posted. And I mean anything.

???: Right. See you soon. ??? out.

*The call ends. Alastair closes the communicator with a frown*

Alastair: Things are getting more and more complicated….

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment