Tuesday 15 May 2018

Sweet Dreams Pt 14


--- Last Time ---

Huxian: Woooow….they really were going all out for this, huh?

Rodessa: I know right? Tacky, forced and overdone. Its so in-your-face that it’s a turn off. But, hey, the old man’s desperate. Either way, since all that work was put in, we might as well not waste it.

*Setting the girl down on the chair Huxian took  a place next to her, opening up the picnic basket.*

Rodessa: Quite a spread ha? Caviar and all.

Huxian: It almost feels like they’re trying to buy favour, huh? That or rid the world of some poor fish because they don’t want sushi anymore. Heathens.

Rodessa: *Giggle* Pft! I know right Let’s dig in.

----------------------

*Smiling at the enthusiasm from his partner, Huxian settled himself at Rodessa’s side, eyeing the display of food in front of them, lit by the light of the slowly setting sun, tingling everything a soft gold. If anything, it seemed to make the ‘forced’ feeling of the man made atmosphere to ease slightly. This was fine by Huxian, who always did have preference for nature. That didn’t mean he didn’t appreciate the food, of course.

Glancing at Rodessa, who certainly seemed much more at ease and interested in the food now she wasn’t being forced to spend it with a person she didn’t want to romance, Huxian felt a tinge of mischief as he took up a plate of some of the entrée, some kind of light pastry based thing that smelt nice but looked very delicate*

Huxian: Roooo~

*He leaned over somewhat, a smile on his face, eyes half lidded as he lifted the pastry to her lips, an obvious invitation for him to feed her. The girl, having noticed his vulpine nature rearing its fuzzy head, leaned forward with caution, an idea crossing her mind.

Placing one hand on his thigh, she drew a pattern with her fingers as she nibbled at the pastry.*

Rodessa: *Hum* What is it?

*the fox’s eyebrow raised ever so slightly. Interacting with Rodessa could be a surprise, not even counting the other two who shared her mind interfering. Rodessa, as purely herself, could switch between being utterly flustered by him and turning into a stuttering mess, which was adorable, or she turned around and started acting as though she had been learning the art of seduction her whole life like a professional. There wasn’t even a hint of which side he was going to get, so it made each of their encounters that bit more interesting.

Shaking off the thought, he simple brushed a thumb at the corner of her mouth to lift a flake of pastry that has rested there, putting it in his own mouth carelessly, eyes never moving from her’s, even with her fingers racing patterns on his leg*

Huxian: Do I need a reason to call your attention? Maybe I’m just feeling a little lonely after everything with the Pup Lord back there. Or maybe I just like the excuse to look at you bathed in evening light like a goddess.

*Trying her hardest not to smirk, the girl sat on his lap, placing one of the candy fruit, in her mouth before feeding it to Huxian by her lips, causing them to kiss repeatedly as she fed him.

*Running a hand through his hair she spoke again*

Rodessa: *Flirty Eyes* You did well waiting for me, what do you want as a reward for being a good boy?

Huxian: I promised I’d wait for you, didn’t I?

*Rather than take the last bite of the candied fruit, he moved past it and kissed her lips instead, stating some of the sweetness from the fruit that she had eaten herself, his lips quirked up*

Huxian: Would it be wrong to ask for more of that as my reward? After all, I have no need for gold or jewels or even food if you’re there. Except sushi, maybe, but whoever set this up is a heathen and didn’t have any there. Shame. I think I’d have enjoyed eating sushi with you this way.

Rodessa: *Flat Look* Mmhm~ If you had to have one thing the rest of your life, would it be me or sushi?

Huxian:.... That is a cruel and heartless choice… *Play pout, before becoming serious* I’ve told you before, haven’t I? You mean much more to me than something as simple as food. Sushi’s my favourite food, something I love to eat….but it’d taste like ash in my mouth without the only other joy in my life. I’d give it up for you.

Rodessa: *Teasing Tone* Are you saying you wont eat me? And here I put on my nice set on as a reward… Ah well, I guess you not interested after all. Some other time then.

*The girl shifted as if to move from his lap only to be pulled back down again, his brow raised slightly. Huxian rolled his eyes*

Huxian: It’s almost like you don’t like heartfelt confessions.

*Despite his words, his eyes glimmered with amusement as he swooped in and stole another kiss*

Huxian: *Purred* Keep talking like that and people might think you’re into something a bit on the kinky side, dear.

Rodessa: *Chuckle* No I liked it, your silver tongue will be the end of me for sure. But right now, i want my big strong fox to nibble away, less kink more ‘anything on everything,’ No?

*She stared up at him, leaning in slightly.*

Rodessa: But if you don't want to we could eat first, or-

Huxian: *Smirking* But wasn’t it your idea not to let the food go to waste? Or were you hoping to incorporate it into this whole thing. If so, how daring! You realise anyone could see eeeeeverything from the window over there, right?

*The girl, be gain to move her hips a soft perfume drew Huxian, him now moving her to his rhythm.*

Rodessa: *Dark Grin* well let them see, we’ll give them a show that would make Aphrodite blush. And I’m open to try new things, I think that was called body sushi? It would~ give us both what we wanted.

Huxian:...You only calling it that because it’s got sushi in the title.

*The Huli Jing laughed, before grinning, toying with her hair, fingers ‘accidentally’ brushing the skin around her neck and mark as he did so*

Huxian: No here’s a question, though: Who would end up as the sushi plate here?

Rodessa: *Slight Pant* I-I think I’ll let the fluff do the taste testing.

*Trying to keep focus the girl closed her eyes, wrapping her arms around his neck, allowing Huxian to pull her closer, nuzzling his cheek against her neck and pressing lips to the mark - not a full kiss, but a lingering touch, like a reminder. He hummed, knowing the vibration of his lips would be felt against her skin as he considered how this ‘play’ would work without either ending up some kind of giggling disaster or with Nikolai, yet again, deciding to burst in. The young (jealous child) lord was getting irritating that way. As much as Rodessa was fine being an exhibitionist, Huxian would rather said exhibitions not get interrupted by petty whining.

Enough about him, though. His lips spread into a grin*

Huxian: Then there’s a game opportunity here. How still can you be, I wonder? Should there be a penalty game if you lose?

*The  girls sent became denser, as she feebly attempted the steady herself.*

Rodessa: *Hungry eyes* W-what do you mean?

Huxian: Well, a plate doesn’t move, does it? So...what might happen if I were to make you squirm?

Rodessa: *Coking head to the side* ...I still don't get it?

Huxian: Ah, you’re still innocent….Really dear. Essentially I’m making this game of ours a little more interesting. If you are the ‘plate’ I’ll be eating from...wouldn’t it make it more fun to see just how much you can take before you’re shivering mush? Aaaand, if you do that, any of the food might fall off. That would make you a bad plate, wouldn’t it? So...a penalty, as ‘punishment’. *Sly grin* Are you game?

Rodessa: *Teasingly*And what do I get when I win?

Huxian: Well, what are your side of the terms? And the parameters for ‘winning’?

Rodessa: Another date… a hotel maybe… spending the night away from potential intruders… *Cough* cock blocking wolves... but who's holding a grudge?

*He spluttered a faint laugh at the insult, though he ran his fingers over the side of her neck he wasn’t resting against, brushing over her collar bone with feather lightness*

Huxian: It sounds interesting...yet what are your parameters for a ‘win’. You still haven’t specified. My ‘win’ is if you move at all beyond breathing and blinking while you pretend to be the body sushi. But what counts as your win? Is it merely that you don’t move? Or did you have something else in mind, such as switching places?

Rodessa: making you lose yourself like the other night… seeing you turn into a wild beast replacing that resigned disposition you usual cary was quite a thrill. Though I did have to force that side out of you…. No regret on my envy though… well apart from my poor hips.

Huxian: Oh? And how will you do that, if you lose if you move?

*The girl muttered a spell, making a clone of herself that nuzzled close to Huxin, it leaned in close, stroking his ear.

Rodessa: *Grin* you never said anything about a clone. Technically it’s not breaking the rules. So~ loophole.

*Huxian’s ear flicked downwards a little, though the touch certainly was more than pleasant. It had been odd the first time he had been ‘pet’ like that when he was young, but these days it gave him the ridiculous urge to purr like a cat. He swallowed the urge, instead drawing back a little so he could tilt his head to the ‘clone*

Huxian: Fair enough, I suppose. Though does that mean I also get to play the system too? After all, neither of us will know what’s a ‘win’ if we’re both trying not to lose.

Rodessa: Sure, what tricks are up your sleeve? Im curious now.

*Chuckling, he wagged a finger side to side*

Huxian: Ah, Ah, Ah, you should know a magician never tells his secrets. It would ruin the surprise. Although having at least a clone as a judge might be prudent.

Rodessa: *Smirk, Joking Tone* Ah! So your the perv who likes to watch... Interesting?

Huxian: If you forget I was the one who warned you of potential watchers or interlopers. You seem to be the one who gets the kicks from it, Miss ‘lets photo everything and tease my poor old daddy into conniptions.’

Rodessa: *Blush* Yes  well but thats for punishment, and…. Don't call my bluff dummy…

Huxian: Ah, but where’s the fun in that? You know I like seeing you blush. Is that so wrong?

Rodessa: *Deeper blush, mouse tone* N-no…. Eep!

*Eyes half lidded, he moved closer to her, voice practically a purr as he pressed his advantage*

Huxian: Then why protest? If it’s not a crime, then you have nothing to worry about if I make you blush so prettily?

*He toys with her hair around his fingers as he scoots closer* You put the flowers you’re named after to shame, both in colour and beauty, and beautiful things deserve the time and attention to be admired, don’t you think?

Rodessa: I.. um well I!

*The girl went quiet, thinking slightly, before her disposition change once again.*

Rodessa?: Pft! Your teasing has not changed, not even after all this time. I’m glad, my love, but I implore you not to test me this much. How am I to concentrate if you bully me so? *Giggle* But I suppose that is what I love about you most of all, fluff.

*Kiss* Be nice, ok?

Huxian: *Raised eyebrow* But wouldn’t that defeat the object of the game?

Rodessa?: True enough...However, I have a few tricks of my own. I will be sure to ‘step up my game’.

Huxian: True enough, buuuut…

*With a quick movement, he pouched, knocking her ot her back a moment, before crossing his arms, laying his head on them as he lounged on top of her, smirking*

Huxian: The rules were between Ro and me. Were you wanting to join in, too? We’ll have to add conditions and prizes for all participants, you know.

Rodessa?: *Chuckle* But I am Rodessa - well She is me. A younger, more innocent… less divine version, but still myself. ‘I am the original after all’. Besides, I am the one who has been teaching her how to tempt you all this time. Such knowledge does not materialise from nothing *Chuckle*

*Huxian’s playfulness faed ever so slightly as he realised that it wasn’t one of the people he usually knew from Rodessa’s mind. Though the teasing said ‘Thorn’, now he thought of it, the manner of speech was too refined for it to be either her or Puppy. Even the scent, similar as it was, had changed slightly. Considering how things were in the world they lived in, this could be a number of things. The person assured him it was still apparently Rodessa, or a form of her - the scent backed this up also, but what she spoke of was strange.*

Huxian:...Who….?

*He sat up slightly, looking at her(?) with a hint of bemusement*

Huxian: I...I know you….don’t I? You...I don’t know why, but...I feel...like I should….

Rodessa?: Please, do not concern yourself, my love. I am merely a remnant of what once was, a long, long time ago. Once, we were bound together by a crimson thread, and so, my only intention was to see the form you now hold with my own eyes. However, it seems you are displeased by my presence, so-

Huxian: No! I...I…

*Despite the fact she(?) had said not to worry about it, the scattered feelings, like sunlight scattered over the waves of the sea, kept teasing at his mind, but reaching for the knowledge it promised was light trying to catch smoke in bear hands, the harder he tried, the more it seemed to escape, until his head protested the attempt. Sharp pain stabbing at his temple, he winced, handovering his forehead in an attempt to ease it. Even so, he tried to open one eye, tried to look at her(?), unsure why it aches to see the presence come, yet leave as if unwanted*

Huxian: I...I don’t….I don’t understand….but I...I’m not….unhappy, I just….I...what am I missing…?

*The girl(?), cupped his cheek reciting a healing spell. *

Rodessa?: Time, an eon or so. However, as I said before, please, pay it no mind. Soon, we will once again be reacquainted. After all, a few centuries flies in a bat of an eye for those like us. When the time comes, you’ll remember me. You’ll remember our promise. Ah, but before that, why don’t you call my name? Names hold great power, as you know. Will it, perhaps it will lengthen my time...though I say this, knowing full well that we part ways after this. Fuhuhuhuh.

*Huxian’s eyes flickered over her(?) face, even despite the ache in his head that the girl(?)’s touch seemed to be soothing, even though it made thinking just that bit more difficult. Despite this, he forced himself to focus beyond that odd comforting fuzziness*

Huxian: ...I….know it…?

*Was it lost somewhere in that odd smoke haze that was just beyond his reach?*

Huxian: How do I….remember…?

Rodessa: *Chuckle* Two children live atop green leaves, they call to you, one is me, the other is not me. The two children are identical in every way except one, are just as potent except one. Just beautiful and armed, except one. Now, Huxian… what is my name?

*For a moment, Huxian could only feel utter bemusement at the riddle, before he pulled his thoughts together best he could from the healing haze and actually focused. The riddle wasn’t something just anyone could know, but...it reminded him of something he had heard a long time ago...when a certain person had been given their name. The riddle spoke of flowers, the ‘children’ who lived atop green leaves. The differences spoke of the oddity of the flower type. When they came into bloom, there was always two flowers that would blossom from one stem, one was considered the ‘female’, the other ‘male’. One flower (though which of the two no one had been able to tell) was poisonous, the other was not. One flower was called ‘Rodessa’, the other…*

Huxian:...Rozyus….  

*The girl’s body changed into that of a male’s, momentarily, before shifting back to it’s female state. There was a faint flicker in her eyes. A wide grin plastered on her face.*

Rozyus: Yes my love?

*Feeling oddly dizzy, he lifted a hand to touch the person’s face, trying to place the strange ache in his chest and the difficulty his mind had focusing*

Huxian: That’s….you, right? I...I know you….

Rozyus: Mm, that is right. I am a remnant of ‘her’ past life. I am all that remains each time this soul incarnates once more. I assure you, I mean no harm - well, so long as you abide by your vow. If not, be aware you shall be punished. A kick to ones groin and kidneys, perhaps? *Chuckle* However, as long as you are a good boy, everything is as it should be

*Head still hurting a little, Huxian’s ears folded back and he dropped his head to her chest, just above her heart, trying desperately to put the information in place*

Huxian: ...Reincarnation...If that’s the case…You knowing me...the part of me that knows you...was I, too…?

Rozyus: *Wide Smile* Each of our lives we were different things to each other. But nonetheless important.  But again that's not important.

Huxian: I...Sorry, this sounds rude. I hope it doesn’t come across as though I’m unhappy but...why did you….decide to speak with me?

*Pulling himself together, he pulled back a little, searching her expression, face one of questioning*

Huxian: I don’t know much about the process...I only know what the monk would say in the teachings of his temple, or the occasional spirit who flows between life and death….We...shouldn’t be able to meet like this, right? We shouldn’t be able to speak? Even the remnants of a life once lived...aren’t they usually the same as fluttering snow? Barely able to grasp, transient…? How it is possible? And...why is it so?

Rozyus: True, but the same rules do not apply for gods, heroes and such…. Besides….

*The girl looked down, somewhat dejected before forcing a small  smile, petting his ears till he purred innocently*

Rozyus: I was wondering.

Huxain: Wondering?

Rozyus: ...Wondering if you could love me again...the way you did so long ago. I have been searching for him...in all of you...but he’s never there. It gets lonely...a bride without her groom...I...do not think I can go yet another cycle if he is not in you...but...this is fine. She will take my place once I am gone. I just...wished to see you, if only one last time...  

Huxian:...I won’t make any promises I can’t keep...I’ll admit such situation feels a little over my head, the talk of gods and heroes. Even so...there’s a part of me that remembers, I know that. Though, at the same time, it’s not often that a person remains the same after reincarnating….Still...whoever I used to be...did they make you a promise? To love you once more, I mean?

*Huxian thought it over for a moment, before reaching a hand over to cover Rozyus’, raising his head to offer a smile*

Huxian: If that’s the case...maybe it’s a little late, but..I don’t believe my previous self (selves?) would have given their word to you if it was the case that it was impossible. You’re...you’re not Rodessa...but….you’re a part of her, right? You keep saying so, that you are her, she is you. And I do love Rodessa. Would it be impossible that I couldn’t love another part of her?

*Rozyus closed there eyes, opening them giving a sad smile, there words were barely legible as they spoke.*

Rozyus: You said that last time… Yet, I do hope that is the case… Please, let this be the last time… please.  

Huxian: Rozyus...

*Taking a breath, Rozyus seemed to disappear, bringing back the young woman from her dormancy.*

Rodessa: Did, I just… blackout?

*How was one to explain exactly what happened there? This was not something that Huxian had experience in. Even as a celestial fox, one who was power incarnate as a great nine tails, it meant very little when the knowledge involved that of the dead. Huxian, at least as Huxian, it seems, had not died. He couldn’t know, and the shimmering fragments felt far out of reach that he couldn’t even begin to touch them to try to understand. Yet...this involved Rodessa. Somehow, leaving her in the dark about this...felt wrong*

Huxian: I’m...not sure what happened...precisely. I’m not sure how well I could explain.

*He worried a lip for a moment as he tried to think how to put it into words*

Huxian: ...It was like...seeing another you from your eyes...but not Thorn...and not Puppy….Ro...what...what do you know about...reincarnation?

Rodessa: ..So….  I assume… You met Rozyus then.

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment