Sunday 6 May 2018

Sweet Dreams Pt 12

--- Last Time ---

*The girl said nothing only starred in appreciation of his appearance, along with a familiar perfumed sent. Huxian laughed a little, stepping in to nudge his nose to hers, before glancing to the one that had been causing the previous argument. Though he would have been fine ignoring him, he was not going to be petty. After all, he wanted to be seen as deserving, not childish and possessive, which would have made him quite negative. He offered the man a nod in greeting.*

Huxian: Well, unwelcome or not, forgive me for having not greeted you on your arrival...early as it was.

*He glanced back to Ro*

Huxian: Hm….careful there. Otherwise you might be cooking me with that heated look instead of breakfast.

Rodessa: *Deep Blush* Eep!

-----------------

*Despite her red face, the girl couldn’t help but admire Huxian like a work of art. Without even really realising it, she was back in the fox lord’s arms, snuggling closer, enjoying the solid yet comforting warmth. However, she caught herself from melting into the embrace as the scent of burned sugar tickled her sensitive nose.

With a half muffled yelp, Rodessa quickly pulled from his arms to frantically save what she had been working on, trying to push aside the tinge of bitterness that she had been forced away from the comfort she had been craving since the unwanted encounter with her unexpected houseguest. Even so, her eyes caught onto the reflection of Huxian in the pan that seemed to be coming closer. Even in the warped reflected surface she could see the smooth swagger accompanying the soft chuckle from behind, none of it taking away from the look in his eye that sent an odd, yet not unpleasant shiver run down her spine. Biting her lip before she could make an embarrassing sound, the girl shimmied away, only to be caught in an embrace from behind by Huxian once again. Even from the corner of her eye she could see that sly, vulpine grin kicking up the corner of his lips*

Huxian: I’m not in the way here, am I?

Rodessa: N-no… Yes… you’re distracting me.. And, um… Eep! Kitty, no!

*Huxian chuckled slightly at the response. As it was, a voice, though only a quiet mutter, broke them from their banter. A voice that didn’t sound very impressed at all*

Newcomer: *Tisk* Annoying…

*Shifting away from Rodessa slightly, Huxian, out of the corner of his eye, turned his attention to the young man he had acknowledged when he had first arrived in the room. It seemed that he had been watching the interaction of the couple and, unable to stomach their flirting, had turned his head away in disgust. Whoops, they had somewhat forgotten he was there. Thankfully, it seemed not everyone had, as a tiny pair of hands had reached up to pet the Ashu-Wahari’s soft black hair*

Puppy: Big brother Niki, please don’t be mad. You know I love you too. I just…

*Tearing his eyes away from the wall he had been glaring holes into, the newcomer, apparently called ‘Niki’ (though considering Puppy’s nature, this was likely a nickname), found himself meeting the girl’s round, teary silver eyes. Unable to hold such a severe look at the younger self of his intended conquest, the man shifted uncomfortably*

‘Niki’: I’m...not mad at you. I just...got here too late, and ‘you’ just happened to fall for another…

*Wiping away the child’s tears, he gently lifted her up onto his lap, though he as unable to quite meet her eyes. Despite the hint of dejection, however, he didn’t seem entirely hopeless, a spark of determination glinting in the bright blue depths*

‘Niki’: But I won’t give up on the girl I love. No matter how long I have to wait. And...well, I can still be her lover, even if I’m second place...

Puppy: *Look Down* It's not fun being second place…. I know it’s gonna hurt… Why don’t you just give-

‘Niki’: Never. I love you too much. I’ll never give in.

Puppy: You’re gonna be waiting forever…

‘Niki’: *Determined* I will have my result, ‘my lady’

*With a graceful motion, the younger man took her delicate hand in his and kissed it.

Puppy: *Chuckle* Constant, aren't you?

‘Niki’: ‘Persistant’, my dear. My name is Nikolai, and I won’t lose.

Puppy: *Smile* Since you’re dead set, then I won’t stop you… good luck, big brother.

Nikolai: You know, I did a little research on him. If it ever gets too hard, then you can come to me. Not as a Suitor, but as your ‘big brother’, ok?  

Puppy: *Wide smile* OK!

*In the corner of her eyes, Rodessa smiled as she saw the sight. The little girl hugged the young man before running back to her older counterpart, seemingly vanishing as they came into contact. Huxian, on the other hand, thanks to long practice, purposefully did not react to the words the man, Nikolai, had spoken. He’d ‘done research on him’. That could mean a number of things, depending on just how thorough the search had been. That he was essentially giving a part of her an ‘out’ from him felt like a spear of ice had twisted into his stomach. Then there was the fact he was offering to essentially either be her lover in second place because he would take Huxian’s no matter what, or he would become Rodessa’s concubine. Neither option really helped to melt that cold dread. Despite this, he didn’t let his thoughts show on his face. He wasn’t petty, or at least not petty enough to throw everything at the man’s face like a child who didn’t get his way. Huxian already knew how deadly him trying to get his own way had been. After all, he lost nearly everything - no! He was not thinking of that just now.*

Huxian: So, your name is Nikolai? Is that correct. I’ve heard of you, but I’m afraid this is the first time I’ve heard your name. Forgive me for my misconduct. Still, as it seems you have ‘researched’ myself, do you require a formal introduction?

Nikolai: My name is Nikolai Ivanov. I am the third son and lord heir of the Ivanov clan, Son of the right hand to Lord Kariudo Engetsu. I am also Lady Kariudo Rodessa-May’s Suitor and Guardian. When it is time for my lady to take over in my master’s place, I will become her right hand.

*Nikolai looked on with distaste, sizing up Huxian*

Nikolai: And you, Mr Yin...I’ve heard a great deal about your past with Master, and the circumstances that brought you here. Though I give my condolences, I cannot, and will not, accept you using my Lady as a substitute. If you are looking for companionship, I can offer my servants to take care f your needs. I would rather you not prey on the virtue of an impressionable young woman.

Rodessa: NIKI! You better-

*However, Huxian held up a hand, cutting her off. While rage and sorrow swirled in his mind, his face remained unmoved, though his eyes distinctly reflected disappointment in the younger male.*

Huxian: Lord Ivanov, if that is what you believe that this is all about, then I believe you know less about me than you thought. I can somewhat understand why you might have got the impression, especially since my Japanese kin are known for their more promiscuous ways. However, know that  I would never replace anyone. Lihua was Lihua, and Rodessa is Rodessa. They are two different people, with their own wants, hopes and dreams for the future. To think of either of them as a replacement for the other would be dishonourable to them both.

*He closed his eyes, taking a breath to calm the swirling feelings inside, before opening his eyes once more, meeting Nikolai’s once more*

Huxian: I would never ‘prey’ on another due to being young and impressionable. And I could never see Rodessa as a common ‘lay’. In fact, Rodessa herself could even inform you that I have not even attempted to touch her virtue.Surely if that was all I desired, I would have already attempted to do so. However, I care for her feelings. I also care for Kariudo Engetsu’s feelings as well. I assure you, that I am taking all these things into account. Likewise, I find it a little insulting to Rodessa’s honour that you would even consider that she would be the type to allow herself to be used. Young she may be, but she is not naive. While she holds the blood and pride of the wolves, she is also her mother’s daughter. Please remember that.

Nikolai: Bastard! YOU-!

*The young man shot up from his seat, unsheathing a weapon, attempting to swing it down on Huxian, only to be paused by the snapping of fingers. The younger man’s body seemed frozen, only the eyes seemed visible*

Mother: Nicki… I think you need to calm down. You’re far too brash, baring your fangs all because someone called you out on your prejudice.

….

Are you both ok?

Rodessa: *Teary Eyed* I-I’m fine. Are you ok, Hue? You’re not hurt anywhere, are you?

Huxian: No, I’m fine.

*He closed his eyes, calming his own flare of temper. Had the mother not intervened, Huxian was sure he would have done something quite regrettable in his defense. However, since the Valkyrie appeared to have things in hand there was no need to lower himself to the level of impulsive brashness. Opening his eyes once more, he looked to Nikolai*

Huxian: Lord Nikolai, there was no offense meant in what I said. All I meant was that, if I was the person you portrayed, Rodessa would never have come within arms reach of me. Her intuition is a sight to behold. All I meant was that one should not discount something so vital to her very being.

*Though it wasn’t the loving smile he would give to Rodessa, the small, sad smile he offered to the wolf lord was absent of judgemental chill*

Huxian: Even if you’re not one to dwell on her bloodline, knowing that there are those out there who have her well being in such high esteem...I’m glad. Although...It would at least be nice not to be met with a blade. After all, even if the both of us love Rodessa, it doesn’t mean that we must be enemies. From what I’ve heard of you, even if you were a little misguided about myself, you’re an honourable man, who has been a dear companion of Rodessa’s for a long time. Know that I do not see you as an enemy to insult. And even if we are perhaps rivals for Rodessa’s heart, should we truly be granted the honour of a place there, I would much rather us be at last friendly ones.

*Though he wasn’t sure he would get a favourable answer, he offered a hand to the man, one warrior to another. Perhaps it was something he had only learned through pain, but Huxian was not willing to deprive Rodessa or her alters from a man seen as a big brother just because they both had feelings for the girl in question. He had learned that sometimes you needed to take that chance. If nothing else, at least you could never be accused of not trying.

The younger man, now released from the mother’s vice, gritted his teeth before disappearing in a cloud of petals, presumably some sort of lilly.*

Mother: Niki!! Nicki!!

*Sigh* Honestly, that boy... I’ll go after him. I promise you, he means no harm. You know how their people are!

*The girl’s mother departed, charging after the younger man. Huxian and the girl were left in the kitchen alone. Slowly, Huxian lowered his hand.*

Huxian:....

Rodessa: *Worried* …..

*There was an uncomfortable silence, if for a moment, only to be broken by the girl’s outburst.*

Rodessa: *Holding back tears* I’M SORRY!!! He’s not as bad as Papa, but he’s just as protective. I so, so sorry! I should have sent him away earlier… I should have, but I felt sorry for him… I shouldn't have… but I… and he had to bring up painful things to you, and…

*The girl tears seemed to flow like a waterfall*

Rodessa: Hue, I’m sorry...I’m so…

Huxian: Hey.

*Tone gentle, he reached over to take her hands in his own.*

Huxian: It’s not your fault. What he says or does is no reflection on you. Honestly, though he appears judgemental, he was mostly acting in worry for you. Not to mention it was a little cruel of me to have essentially been showing our relationship in his face without consideration to his feelings.

*Even so, his smile wavered a little as he lowered his gaze*

Huxian: It’s understandable why he’s so concerned. Given the fact I allowed Lihua to die...my track record must look horrible to him. Hah...Even so, that’s my fault, not yours.

Rodessa: *Crying harder, clinging to him* Hue, stop blaming yourself… please...

*Reaching up, he wiped her tears with a thumb, giving her a sad smile*

Huxian: You don’t have to cry for me, Roza.

Rodessa: My tears are all for you. I’m your lov-

Rodessa [inner thought]: My tears are for you. I’m your lover after all, so let me cry for you… please.

*The words seemed stuck in her throat, unable to continue on she held onto him apologizing repeatedly. Even if she couldn’t say the words, Huxian could still feel the intention. His own sight blurred and burned, and he forced the lump in his throat down with a few hard swallows, trying to keep his composure. If he didn’t, he wasn’t sure he would be able to regain it again for a while. Instead, he yanked her close to cut off the litany of apologies, hugging her tightly, face buried in her hair.*

Huxian: You….you always….did do that for me. When I can’t you….you always seem to know...w-when my heart’s crying at the top of its lungs. T-that’s why...that’s why I can’t….just see you as...as just another person. Why I can’t even imagine you as being uknowling to someone’s intentions. My heart is unclouded to you, even when it’s torn apart.

*He swallowed again, taking a shaky breath*

Huxian: *Barely audibly* I love you. Never….never question that. Never.

Rodessa: Hue…

*It seemed almost natural, instinctive as Huxian pulled back a little from the hug before their lips crashed together in a desperate kiss. It didn’t matter that their cheeks were damp or their lips tinged with bitter salt, to have done anything else felt impossible at that moment. The kitchen no longer feeling comfortable and homely after the confrontation, nether felt ready to stay there while they both felt so raw. With an absent flick of fingers to direct switches at the hob to turn themselves off, Huxian transported them back to the girl’s room, the bed creaking under their shared weight as they sank into the mattress*

Rodessa: Hue?

Huxian: *Softly* What is it?

*The girl touched his exposed skin, absently playing with Huxian coller.*

Rodessa: *Downcast eyes* That idiot ruined everything. I'm not sure how to get up back into couple mode…. I don't know what to do. You’re the wiser one, what do I do to make things better?

*Huxian chuckled weakly*

Huxian: To call me wise...I...honestly don't believe that to be the case, still…

*He curled a finger under her chin to lift her head so their eyes could meet*

Huxian: Just being by my side...that is the best remedy I can ask for. *Closed eyed smile* It appears you’re not unwise yourself, you know?

*The girl lazily looked into his eyes. Brow still knitted, she nuzzled into his warmth*

Rodessa: That’s debatable. I seem to be causing you more trouble than anything good…

*Quiet voice, biting lip* First with Papa and now Niki… I’m sorry… I don't know how to fix all of this… I’m sor-

Rodessa [Inner Thought]: Maybe this wasn’t a good idea from the start…Huie… and I were we really meant to be or is this a sinking ship waiting to go under. I don't know any more…. What do I do? I’m… I’m scared.

*However, Huxian flicked her nose, interrupting her thoughts*

Huxian: What did I say about apologizing? It’s not your fault. Engetsu and Nikolai, they both care for you very much. Why would I be troubled by that? I would never want to take that away from you. That is why, despite the first impressions, I can’t be mad at Nikolai, why I offered my hand in friendship, rather than retaliation. Never feel my troubles are your fault. They are, predominantly, my own. Though you say I shouldn’t blame myself, there were many things I could have handled better, many things I could have done. My sins are my own, and I take responsibility for my actions. If that means some animosity because of my past, that  is fine. I can see why they’d be worried.

*Gently, he ran his fingers through her hair.*

Huxian: Even so, I will face the consequences with my head held high. Because the one who gave me a reason to live once more could never, ever, be a source of trouble for me. I remain here, not just existing, but living, because of you. All of you.

*He smiled warmly to her.*

Huxian: I will never regret meeting you. So please, never feel as though I will resent any trouble. Because I will never, ever regret loving you.

*The girls eyes widened, she bit her lip before smiling brightly, her worry seemed to dull slightly.*

Rodessa: *Cute smile* Oh Hue!!

*The expression on her face was the most radiant that Huxian had ever seen it. If he hadn’t loved her before, that expression might have tipped him over into such feelings. Looking at her just then, it was obvious to him that there was something beyond wolfish nature in her, something near angelic. Brushing her hair from her face, he drew the girl closer to him, tucking her head under his chin as he cradled her to his side, reaching to entwine her fingers in his own. A comfortable silence surrounded them like a blanket, wrapping them in their own gentle world where the troubles of their lives could be forgotten, if only for a little while. Biting her lip again, Huxian could tell she was conversing with her other… selves, and they had finally come to a decision. Slowly reaching out to him - before the growl of the girl’s stomach broke the silence. A quiet giggle surrounded the girl, her hands now covering her face as she rolled to her side, avoiding the young man’s view.

Rodessa: *Muffled*...I wanna die….. Come on, get a clue stomach!

Huxian: Obviously it’s upset at being ignored, especially since breakfast...ah...never really happened?

*He tapped his chin thoughtfully, before gently poking Rodessa in the side*

Huxian: Hey, if you like, we don’t even need to leave the room to satisfy it.  How do you feel about brunch together, alone, without any interruptions?

*The girl pouted, rolling over slightly, enough to face him, a deep crimson painted her cheeks.*

Rodessa: *Sheepish*….’k….

Huxian: *Quiet chuckle* Adorable.

*Even so, he shifted slightly, wrapping one of his tails close to him and concentrated, a odd humming feeling teasing the air as he gathered his power. With a graceful motion, the tail he had chosen seemed to wisp away as if made of smoke or a liquid flame. As if an artist sculpting a masterpiece, he created a person from the tail. For this he didn’t need to weave too many illusions. Creating the idea of a person who could act as a servant for them was fine. With the idea of his will in mind, Huxian clicked his fingers and the ‘servant’ bowed to them, slipping from the room silent as a ghost.

The girls eyes widened at the sight. Turning back to Huxian in amazement*

Rodessa: *Eyes glistening with awe* So-SO COOL!!!

Huxian: *Waving off the words modestly* It’s nothing. Though it is somewhat limited to my kind to do so in this manner, the crafting of familiars, be it from one's own body, through contracts or the creation of constructs isn’t the most complicated of the arts, though there are many methods to it. Of course, sorcery is something of a speciality of mine.

*He pauses a moment, before his eyes flicked away, a hint of pink to his cheeks as he added, almost shyly*

Huxian: Perhaps I could teach you something of the arts...someday?

Rodessa: *Cute smile* Hm~ no, I think I’ll leave the cool magic stuff to you. I’m more a enchanted weapons girl myself.

*Sticks tongue out* Though if you’re my teacher… I would get to spend more time with you…

*The girl’s fingers traced the conors of the young man’s chest*

Rodessa: I know I wouldn't mind… then, after, you could teach me something-

Huxian: Admittedly, I thought I already was teaching you things.

*This was delivered with a smirk and a wink, especially since they had talked only the day before about teaching and learning romantic overtures.

Thorn and Ro [Inner thought]: Teach me the rest, damn it! I won't kiss and tell promise!

Rodessa: EEP!

*Huxian might not have known what her other selves had to say, but the fact she squeaked and turned crimson had the Huli Jing laughing brightly in a way that made it seem the horrible memories brought up earlier had been forgotten*

Huxian: I would love to hear some of those secret conversations one day! Ah, though perhaps another time. Looks as if food is served.

*Glancing to the door, the ‘servant had brought up a couple of trays bearing the different foods that Rodessa had created, warmed or chilled as needed, along with juice, water and milk in pitchers. After laying the array out before them, the ‘servant’ bowed once more before vanishing into the same mystic smoke once more that flowed back to Huxian, reforming ito a tail once more. Flicking the appendage as if shifting a fly, the odd feeling of detachment faded, the limb once again purely Huxian’s.

The girl now bolting upright staring at the food.*

Rodessa: Let's eat!

Huxian: Indeed. Ah...what are the words you use in your father’s lands before eating again?

Rodessa: *Practicaly salevating* Itadakimasu!!

Huxian: Ah yes. Then ‘Itadakimasu’. Dig in!

*With that the pair ‘dug in’ to there minny feast. A while after finishing brunch, Huxian noticed the girl looked somewhat dejected for a brief moment before they both began cleaning up setting their empty dishes on a trolley outside the door. The girl sighed.*

Huxian: Why the long face? Is there something wrong? There wasn’t something in the brunch that disagreed with you, was there?

Rodessa: ...No, it’s nothing, don't worry about it… I just don't want to go out there to mr grumpy… I need to get ready soon….

Huxian: Ah, the breaking of a gentle illusion. No, I understand.

*Gently he reached over to take her hand, squeezing it in his*

Huxian: Don’t worry, alright? I’ll be with you through it all, I promise.

*The girl wrapped her arms around him and, for a long moment, He held her back, letting her draw both comfort and courage from his form as he gently stroked her hair. After a short while, they pulled back a little, looking longingly at each other before nuzzling closer into a airey kiss. Though not as passionate as some they had experienced before, there was still much meaning in the touch of their lips, a song that could never be put into words, but understandable all the same.

Pulling back, the girl asked*

Rodessa: *Rubbing her nose against his* Would it be cruel of me to ask if you could help me get ready…? It's just I don’t want to be apart from you right now.

Huxian: Its not cruel. After all, it just means I’ll be the first to see you dressed in a way to make the gods themselves envious.

*Kissing her on the nose, he slowly got to his feet, offering his hand to her*

Huxian: For now, I shall be your valet as needed, my lady.

Rodessa: *Giggle* It’s almost like your my butler… it’s kinda hot… wanna role play? Young mistress and butler play, wouldn’t that be interesting

Rodessa [Inner Thought]: Thorn! I’m going to kill you!!!!

Thorn [Inner Thought]: I’m just saying what your thinking?

Rodessa [Inner Thought]: SHUT UP THORN! SHUT UP!!!

Thorn [Inner Thought]: Muahahaha!

Huxian: Hm...well, I suppose, though you’ll have to forgive me as I’ve not ‘served’ a person since I lived at the shrine.  *Foxishly sly grin* Does this mean I get punished if I make for a horrible servent?

Rodessa: *Razed brow* Depends on the definition of ‘Punished’

Rodessa [Inner Thought]: Thorn!!!!

Huxian: *Raised brow* Hm, I wonder….

*Not giving much of a chance to think on it further, he clicked his fingers, creating the illusion that he was a victorian butler, before offering a bow to Rodessa, one hand over his heart*

Huxian: I am at your command, my lady.

Rodessa: *Squeak! And mutter* Oh hell yes!

*Eagerly taking his hand, she followed him into the bathing area of the house, clapping his hands, the bath tube began to fill with a warm water. Huxian set to work adding oils and flowers to the bath, before ushering the girl to strip and get in.*

Rodessa: ...Um, Hue, you don't have to go that far… and by all means you can join me… um.. Well, that’s if you want to?

Huxian: Is that the request of my lady?

Rodessa: *Deep Blush* O-O-Only if you want to that is.

Huxian: ...You really like the idea of me being your butler, don’t you? *Laughing lightly* Ah well. If I join you the ‘play’ will end. It wouldn’t be respectable to bathe with one’s butler. Although, much as I’d like to, it might be a bit too much of a temptation...probably best I don’t, unless you want to be exceptionally late and break a few promises along the way. I could wash your back for you, though?

*the girl looked a little saddened by his words but bounced back a short time after*

Rodessa: *Pout, a little disappointed* Oh… ok.. Thank you.

Huxian: Oh? Disappointed? I thought the ‘wet T-shirt’ look was attractive to some?

Rodessa: *Raised brow, coy tone* it is… but i rather see what's under the shirt.

*The girl untied her hair and stepped into the bath removing her towel as she did so. *

Huxian: Ah, but its the air of mystery, the denial of that want that is the draw. Isn’t it the same with presents you find before a birthday? That you desperately want to find out what’s inside and the denal to do so makes you want it more?

Rodessa: *Sing song tone.* Does that count when we’ve taken baths together before? You didn't mind when i was a pup why now, and it’s not like I haven't seen you naked before?

Huxian: Its because at the time you weren’t quite wanting that beyond the innocent version. Now though? *He grinned* I’m a trickster. It’s just more fun to tease.

*The girl began to cleans herself, moving in away that would give the young man a show*

Rodessa: *Grin* Its cute that you think that way, considering I am  a lot older for my age. I met you when I was what five… yeah, so my mental age was around fifteen… my body just wasn't there yet to react to you, but yea… Wait! Didn't you ever catch me staring?

*Mummer* with a sertn look I might t add, was i that subtel… I want trying to be quite the opposite.

Huxian: I….did notice. But back then I wasn’t….Ah...you know.

*He shrugged helplessly, looking away uncomfortably at the reminder of his broken state back then. Quickly he coughed, pushing away the dark thoughts before they could haunt him at this inopportune moment*

Huxian: Of course, even if there wasn’t that issue, you had your shadow guarding you anyway. I’m pretty sure I’d have been ripped up by daddy wolf if I had let on I knew.

Rodessa: ‘I’m pretty sure daddy wolf’ would have been put down if he layed a paw on you either by myself or mama.  

Huxian: *Laughing* There is that. You two are more protective of me than even some of my subordinates. I’m quite lucky with the calabur of females in my life.

*Rodessa combing her fingers through her hair voice turning slightly sweet yet demonic.*

Rodessa: *Hum, Chuckle* Kitty. I’m the only female in your life, got it.  

Huxian: Am I not permitted to remain friends with your mother? *Almost dejectedly*

Rodessa: She doesn't count. It’s mama. But if it were another female trying to take my place then she might not be the next day. My kin, mainly the women, don't take ‘competition’ very well
Huxian: Hah...I already told you, I don’t think my heart could fit another. Face it, if you were gone, I would never take another. My heart is quite fragile now. Another loss and it would shatter. Your place there is safe, I assure you.

*The girl now finished with her, cleansing walked towards the edge of the bath her long hair covering her modesty.*

Rodessa: Hue come here a sec.

*Cocking a brow slightly, he approached as asked, the girl still socked from her dip cling to him.*

Rodessa: Dummy… Hey Romeo… were supposed to be on our ‘honeymoon’ right. As, messed up and dysfunctional as its been we still have a few days left. Right? And in a few hours ,I’m going to be with another… man… so I want to spent as much time on top… Eh I mean with you as possible. *Grin*

*Huxian burst out laughing at the girl’s ‘slip’, pulling the still damp girl into his arms and kissing her, uncaring about how his clothes became damp from her still wet form*

Huxian: I really do love you, did I tell you that?

Rodessa: *Smirk* I love you too fluff.

*With a click of his fingers, the two teleported back to her room, the girl bundled in a fluffy towel.

The girl dried though her hair, still looking at the gifted dress with distast.*

Rodessa: *Rolling eyes* ... Eck!... it's so his taste….

*Two strong arms slowly wrapped around her waist, Huxian’s head peeking over her shoulder and nudging her cheek with his own*

Huxian: Know I never said this to you if asked, buuuuut...off the record....no one said you couldn’t….you know….edit it.

*The girl rolled her hip slightly*

Rodessa: *Leaning back, looking over her shoulder* I’d much rather you edit it. I’m not being lazy, but I’d rather have a made by Huxian vibe. Plus you know what I like. And you would want to see or be hidden.

Huxian: So rather than your butler, I am not your fairy godmother sending Cinderella off to the ball?

*Despite his words, his tone was highly amused.*

Huxian: Well, fine. I can work my magic - literally - and change up my signature enough not to have fingers pointed in any specific directions. Mind putting it on for me and being my model? I want the changes to be a surprise. You’ll need to close your eyes for me once the dress is on though for the surprise to work

Rodessa: *mutter* Wanna put it on me with those big han- shut up Thorn!

*The girl hastily walked over to the dress. Trying not to laugh and embarise Rodessa too much, Huxian helped her into the dress, before pausing and clicking his fingers to summon some cloth to tie around her eyes. His smirk the last thing she could see before it was wrapped around her head*

Huxian: No peaking now.

Rodessa: *Slight chuckle* Uh, Huie, I thought I said this before, but I’m more of an SM, not an M so if your planning some kinky sh-

*He lightly clipped Rodessa over the head*

Huxian: None of that now. Not everything has to be kinky. Where is your sense of adventure? Now be a good girl and be patient so I can make the dress of your dreams, kay?

Rodessa: ...Wait a wedding dress? I think it would be sending to poor fuck mixed signals…

Huxian: Uh...second in your dreams then. Forgive me for saying so but I’m intending for no one else to see that kind of dress on you. Lord Nikolai will just have to be disappointed there.

*The girl Chuckled; as he talked, he clicked his fingers and began to work his magic. By the time he was finished, the rather older styled dress was changed into a black pencil dress with subtle blue lacing, subtle at first glance, but seemed to give the dress an almost shimmering quality in different lights. It was sleeveless, but had an extra piece with three quarter length sleeves. After a moment’s pause, he also added heeled dolly shoes to complete the picture.

Circling around her, he finally nodded at the look before moving behind Rodessa, flicking his fingers to create a full length mirror before her, gently untying the blindfold*

Huxian: And, as I believe your aunt would say, ‘Viola’!

*The girl opened her eyes to see the gorgeous gown, she slowly turned around, happily clinging to her lover.*

Rodessa: Oh Hue, it’s beautiful!

Huxian: Well, you know how I like to make statements. And I know you have your distinct flare. *Sigh* And yet its for another guy…I’m jealous.

Rodessa: Why did you think I wanted you to be the one redesigning it? It's your mark, and besides, the only one who’s going to take it off me is a certain white fox, hm~
Doesn't that sound nice?

Huxian: A dangerous game you’re paying… *a sly grin* I like that.

*The girl nibbled at his neck*

Rodessa: Sounds fun. I’m a bit of a thrill seeker.

Nikolai: Sounds repulsive if you ask me.

Rodessa: *Demonic Voice* LEAVE!

Nikolai: Tsk! I just came to see if you were ready. Hurry up.

Rodessa: *Deeper Demonic Voice* FUCKING. LEAVE!!!!

Huxian: *Sigh* Perhaps it’s merely what I was taught as a kit, but isn’t it considered rude to barge in and demand one’s lady to hurry when they are attempting courtship?

Nikolai: That is no concern of yours and your input in regards to my fiance is sorely unneeded. You have five minutes, Ro

*With a gust of wind, the younger man vanishes.*

Rodessa: *Kisses Teeth* I can’t stand Niki sometimes, I swear!

Huxian: It does seem he suffers quite heavily with arrogance. Had Engetsu sad such a thing to your mother, she would have drop kicked him from Valhalla without second thought.

Rodessa: PFT! I love you, fluff, I really do. Come on, the sooner we get this hell over with, the sooner we can go back to making… eh hanging out.

*The two made their way to the garden area, where the girl’s mother and suitor were waiting. Gracefully bowing, Nikolai took the girl’s hand, leading her out to the garden. There was a romantic vibe that lingered in the air along with the soft glow of candles.*

Nikolai: How is everything to your liking, my lady?

Rodessa: *Monotone* It’s lovely. I’m sure if I were the type of girl to fall for this crap, then it would be quite the turn on. But since I’m with you… it’s meh... ok.

Nikolai:*Flat look* ...Would it kill you to pretend to be excited?

Rodessa: *Disinterested* It might, but who’s asking.

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment