Sunday 22 April 2018

Sweet Dreams Pt 8

--- Last Time ---

*The girl stood up slowly, taking off oversized jumper revealing her nightwear, before sauntering back to Huxian. Rodessa clicked her fingers and the slowly the fire began to die out, a thick blanket and fluffy pillow lay beside Huxian.*

Rodessa: Shall we retire for the evening?

Huxian: Probably for the best. It’s getting pretty late, as enjoyable as the company certainly is.

*He held his hand to her with a smile*

Huxian: Shall we then, my lady?

Rodessa: *Chuckle* Of course… My Lord. Sweet dreams, my love.
---------------

*As the golden rays of the sun began to glimmer through the windows, the older of the two began to stir from the blankets, blinking hazilly up at the ceiling. The celestial fox was in their mostly human form, nine tails coiled around him and one of his sides feeling strangely warm, too warm for it even to be body heat from his own tails. However, his instincts born from his many years either as a wild creature or the Protector Lord of the Mountain were at peace. Fuzzily, he knew who it was who was there. There was no way he could mistake the smaller form curled beside him. But what confused him the most was why on earth they had decided bringing in blankets and falling asleep on the drawing room floor was a good idea.*

Huxian [Inner Thoughts]: I suppose we simply weren’t thinking. Yesterday was a long day…Emotional, too.

*Even so, he wasn’t ready to face the world yet. He was comfortable in a way he hadn’t been in a long time, and he really didn’t want his mind to start playing against him as usual and making him feel guilty for being so content with Rodessa sleeping at his side.

Pulling the blanket over his head to ward away the dawn light, he shuffled closer to Rodessa, curling tighter, his nose close to her hair. The scent was soothing enough that, even with the stuffiness of the air under the blankets, he was lulled back in the folds of slumber, the child snuggled closer, wrapping her tiny hand around his head bringing his head close to her bozum.*

Puppy: Ummm…. Kitty smell…. Kitty…. Cookies….

*His ears pricked up at the sound. That voice...didn’t quite sound like the one he was expecting to hear. Pulling himself out of the drowsiness a little, he blinked at the figure that lay beside him. While it wasn’t the Rodessa he was expecting, it was part of her. Huxian still wasn’t entirely sure how most would describe the various beings that made up Rodessa, but even without a name for it, he was used to it, even if it did occasionally catch him off guard.

Shifting so he was leaving on one of his elbows, propping his cheek with a hand, he eyes the one he knew as ‘Puppy’ and, with his free hand, gently poked the girl on the cheek*

Huxian: I’m not sure I’d be good as a cookie. Too much fur to eat properly.

Rodessa: But still your just as sweet, my love.

*Once more, the voice he wasn’t expecting response from somewhere behind him, his ears flicking slightly in her direction before he twisted around to look at her. The girl walked in to the room a sweet aroma of a sweet morning meal wafted in.

She reached out to wake the little girl before pecking her mate*

Rodessa: You both should get ready, breakfast is almost ready.

*The girl slowly walked to the door, swaying her hips side to side as if to give the young man a show.*

Puppy: *Half Asleep* Kitty, I smell french toast…. And syrup…. Want... hungry…. Kitty...

Huxian: *Poking her again with a grin* If you want it, you have to get up then. Myself as well.

*Carefully prying the smaller hands from his sleep clothes, he slipped out of the blankets, shaking out his tails a little, which fluffed up slightly as he stretched. A few absent brushes with his claws to neaten the fur a little and detangle his long hair, he followed the direction Rodessa had gone. He would get fully washed and dressed once the smell of breakfast wasn’t so distracting.

They made there way to the kitchen, but were promptly shooed away by the young woman, telling them to freshen up. The little girl need to relieve herself anyway. Once freshened up, the two made there way to the dining room. It looks like a mini feast, a confetuary of both fresh and dried fruit, bowls of porridge and the main cause of french toast and fresh juices, coffee and tea.*

Huxian: ...Are we expecting an army, or….?

*The girl  chuckled awkwardly  scratching her head*

Rodessa: I think I went a little overboard…

Huxian: Perhaps...Although I’m quite sure that we’ll anage between the three of us, so long as we’re unlikely to eat for little while afterwards. Almost a shame we haven't been training in energy use, as we probably would be able to eat this and more between us.

Rodessa: Well it’s not just-

Thorn: Hey boo!

Rodessa & Puppy: Thorn! Thonie-chi!

Thorn: Come on lets eat before it gets cold!!!!

Rodessa: *Facepalm* ….

Puppy: Food!!!

Rodessa: *Sigh* This was supposed to be romantic and sophisticated what can’t you both have some class...

Thorn: Hum~ whatcha say?

Puppy: *Head tilt, Pouring syrup on her toast* Sopiscated?

Rodessa: Never mind.

Huxian: Well, I suppose it is somewhat difficult to do that when there is more than a couple present. Don’t worry too much, Rose bud. I do appreciate the sentiment anyway.

*He smiled, absently brushing his fingers over her’s, if only to assure her that he understood,  before turning to the others in the kitchen*

Huxian: Anyway, it’s been a while since I saw you two. It’s not often you’re all active at once. It’s nice to see you.

Thorn: *Blush* W-well, you know…

Puppy: *Cute Smile * Kitty!

Rodessa: *Flat look* They were bitching that I had you all to myself and that they need their ‘Kitty time’ too.

Huxian: *Chuckle* Well, I’m pleased to see you all anyway. I hope that I’ve not been causing you all too much distress. But I’ll admit I’ve missed seeing you. I suppose that we’ve just been busy recently...Though...there’s been nothing saying you couldn’t have shown up before. Unless…

*He cast a sly look to Rodessa*

Huxian: Awwwww, did you not want my attention split? That’s adorable, Rose bud.  

All three: S-shut up fluffy! Don’t call me cute! Hue!!!

Huxian: Why not? I think it sums you all perfectly. I always did have a soft spot for cute things.

All three: *Blush* Jeez!

*Huxian chuckles slightly. Funny how being so different could act exactly the same way. Then again, he supposed at their core they weren’t that different. Still, not about to push them too much, he began to dish out some of the breakfast choices. It would be a shame to let Rodessa’s hard work go to waste*

Rodessa: L-lets eat.

*The rest of the day was pretty much uneventful: To keep the girls satisfied and avoid the inevitable fights, Huxian made various versions of himself to keep the girls tame.

The day went smoothly and, in return for the morning feast, it was Huxian’s turn to cook the evening meal.*

Huxian: Well then, Ladies. Do you have any preferences for this fine evening?

Rodessa: Anything you make would be fine.

Huxian: *Chuckles* Ah, such flattery! Hm...Well, as fond as I am of sushi...I haven’t eaten anything from my homeland in a while. Would you be opposed to that?

Rodessa: I-

Puppy: Foooood!!!

Thorn: whatever it is made it spicy!!!!!

*Rodessa grit her teeth staring dagger in the other direction, turning her head away she growled quietly. From the corner of his eye, Huxian noticed the annoyance on her face and quickly formulated a plan*

Huxian: Well, since we have such hungry mouths to feed….Ro, would you mind helping me find the ingredients in the kitchen? It feels like it’s been a while since I’ve had to use the one here. Things never seem to be in the place I first think they are.

*With defeeted eyes , Rodessa walked into the kitchen silently

Thorn: What’s her problem? She can’t keep fluffy all to herself. We’re her too.

Puppy: ...I wanna play with kitty too…

Thorn: *Downcast eyes* Yeah…

*While they were in the kitchen getting what they needed for the meal, Huxian cleared his throat*

Huxian: So...anything you’d like to tell me? You look like you need to get something off your chest.

Rodessa: N-no… it’s just I wanted our time to be lovey dovey and romantic…. I wanted to flirt alot with you until my parents came home… But the ambiance just keeps being spoiled by those two… It’s not like I don’t mind sharing your time, its just-

Huxian: It’s just that this is new and you want it to be special before the whole thing with the suitors,  I assume?

Rodessa: *Turns head away* Something like that… Juvenile right?

Huxian: Not really. I’m hardly one to talk about such reactions. After all, I did essentially drive my country under my heel because of having a strong desire to preserve something I loved. Though this situation  is a bit different. After all, I was never competing with myself...well, unless being a demon instead of a celestial fox is the same thing. Even so...they are parts of you as well. Were I to simply ignore them too, it would be like denying a part of you, too.

Rodessa: *Looking back at Huxian* I know…. But they do whatever they want… I guess that’s partly due to their age and personalities but still a little self restraint wouldn't be unwelcome no?

Everytime I try and set up anthing roman-

*Huxian stood behind her hands wrapping around her waist.*

Huxian: Sometimes, it’s best not to try. Sometimes, spontaneousness works wonders.

*He rested his chin on her shoulder, looking towards her out of the corner of his eye*

Huxian: Though perhaps if you do plan, plan together with them. That way, you’ll all be able to arrange something. That way you won’t accidentally tread on each others toes.

Still, whatever method you all choose, know that the most romantic thing any of you can do is simply stand by me, no matter what. In turn, I’ll always support you, whether you need me or not.

*The girl spun around hugging Him tightly.*

Rodessa: *Clumsy Smile* Hue…

Huxian: Now there’s the expression that suits you. Much better than the troubled one from before.

*He presses a soft kiss to her forehead, where the frown had finally smoothed away*

Huxian: Now then, since I have all three of you here right now, I believe I should put together a meal that will benefit what all of you wish for. True it’s unplanned, but...well, we foxes are known for being surprising.

*The girls smile widened*

Rodessa: *Faint Blush* Sure that sounds great… but  um… before all that… um…

Huxian: Yes?

Rodessa: Before, we get on with the cooking…. Um… well we haven't had a couples kiss all day… plus even when you’ve been with me you’ve been distracted… by… well ‘me,’ It’s kind of been a little lonely and well…. You know.

Huxian: You know, if it were anyone else, what you just sad would have been the most confusing thing. Even so, I understand.

*Stepping forwards, he cupped her cheek with one hand, tilting his head up to her*

Huxian: All you have to do is ask.

*With a smile, he leaned in and gave her a long and lingering kiss, soft enough not to have them lose themselves entirely, but passionate enough that he knew it would leave the girl breathless and giddy.

Finally able to come to her since the girl bit her lip, still flustered but happier than before, she felt a faint shiver, as she looked in the direction of the kitchen door.*

Thorn & Puppy: *Staaaaaaare~*

Rodessa: WHAT!

Thorn: *Rolling Eyes* Oh nothing. Feel better after your make out session?

Puppy: Kitty, kiss us too! No fair, no fair!

Thorn: Yeah, fluff, where's our smooch?

Huxian: Oh? Should I start charging? Maybe I should start a kissing booth. *Chuckling* You know, it’s as I said to Ro, you just have to ask. Though… Perhaps you should let me finish making food first, otherwise we may just get too distracted. It is, after all, my duty to serve my ladies this fine evening. I wish to give you all a perfect night.

*All three of the girls seemed to be charmed by his words.*

Thorn: *Blush* W-well I guess I can wait till then right fuzz ball?

Puppy: *Blush* Y-yea. But in the meantime you can’t kiss Ro either it’s only fair.

Rodessa: *Flat look and sigh* Whatever… seems fair.

Huxian: I assure you, I’ll make the evening worth the wait.

*With that, Huxian disappeared back into the kitchen, though his voice echoed back*

Huxian: Until then, my ladies.

*The girls returned back to the dining room, setting out the table*

Rodessa: ….We… we have to share him… I’m fine with that… BUT KNOW WHEN TO HAVE SOME DAMN CLASS!!!

Thorn: *Huff* You need to learn when to CHILL!

Puppy: STOP FIGHTING!!!

Rodessa: I would if I had time! We don't have that luxury, Thorn!  You know that!

Thorn: So are we meant to sit at the back while you take full control and leave us with nothing?

Rodessa: I did say that. Will you stop looking for a fight! I want a truce…

Tonton’s Voice: It may be in your best interest to do so sooner rather than later… your suitor will be here in three days.

Rodessa: Tonton! W-what did you say?

Tonton’s Voice: I believe you heard me.

*The winged beast, materialised into the room, pushing on the youngest child's head*

Tonton: Your father wanted you to meet him as soon as possible. By the way your father sent you a dress, to wear when you meet the young man I’ve placed it in your chamber.

All three girls: ....

Huxian’s Voice: I see…

*The Huli Jing had stepped into the room around the time Tonton had made his presence known, listening quietly even as he set out the food, fighting down the ache in his chest. However, he wasn’t going to let them worry too much, if he could help it. Once he alerted them to his own presence, he instead gave them a smile, the table set up with food and lit with candles.*

Huxian: Meeting a person doesn’t necessarily mean anything. It never hurts to have friends, if the person in question is a good person. Even so, you’ve so often said that nothing would sway your opinions, or who or what your hearts long for. In that sense, why worry? You know that no matter what, I’ll support you. Though….I suppose I can be a little jealous that he gets to see you in such a nice dress. Though, to be fair, I know it pales in comparison to the rest of you, even without laying eyes on it.

Thorn: Ro? Hey…. Ro!

Rodessa: *Horrified deep in her thoughts.*

Puppy: Thorn we need to!-

Thorn: Quick!!!

*The two younger girl faded back in to Rodessa’s body, her doll like eyes began go gain some sort of life as she silent tears seem to streek her face.*

Rodessa: *Shaking* I… I don’t want to met him… all I want is Hue…. why can’t he leave me alone I… I!-

*Stepping forward quickly, Huxian pulled her into his arms, holding onto her tightly, talking into her ear.*

Huxian: In the end, the choice has and always will be yours, Roza. Even if you meet this person, in the end, only you can decide who you will spend the rest of eternity with. I told you, I have faith in you. And no matter what you chose, I will always be by your side. Why then, do you get upset? Have faith in yourself the way I do in you. We’ll get through it.

*He quickly gives her a kiss, wiping the tears away with a thumb, a grin crossing his face*

Huxian: Besides, what better way of annoying the old man than by meeting the guy, maybe making a friend and ally and still throwing it in your fathers face that  you can create alliances without needing to be some prize to be won. In the end, you are the heir to the Wolf clan. Therefore, taking initiative is all part and parcel, don’t you think? But whatever happens, just have faith in yourself, and have faith in me, too.

Rodessa: *Teary eyes* ...Are… Are you going to fight for me? I’m scared Hue… everything is crumbling down… I don't want-

Huxian: You were the one to reach through the darkness to find me, Ro, even when I doubted myself and when I had nothing left. As long as that light still burns, you will need a crowbar to remove me from your side.

*The girl looked up somewhat calmed by his soothing words.*

Rodessa: *Large tears falling* Hue… thank you.

[End]

No comments:

Post a Comment