Wednesday 20 December 2017

Tell Me a Fable Pt 7



---Last Time---

Parame: *To the collective gods* My lovely children, I hope you don’t mind if I steal away Kyzuomah for a time. My little Venus will keep the rest of you company. Now, Kyzuomah, let’s be off. There’s something I need to discuss with you privately.

Inari: Lead the way, Mother.

*The goddess looks over the younger gods, before clicking her fingers. What appears to be her chamber door materialises in the middle of the room. The pair walked in unison through the doors. A faint creek and they shut behind them, vanishing the moment they thud closed*

---

*When reality settled around them once again, the doors had opened into a familiar room - it was impossible to mistake the threads of fate that strung across the ceiling or the weaves of fortune that hung like tapestries from the walls. Other than Inari and Parame, there was no one else in the room, the attendants obviously either busy elsewhere or had been dismissed for the day. Silently, Inari followed Parame deeper into the room, where the soothing sound of purifying water pouring into the crystalline pools created a soft melody in which Inari found themself hard pressed to feel tense in, despite the fact the ‘undercover work’ had been a great source of tension within the younger god.*

Parame: I must say, love, you’re looking more and more like a war goddess. I’m happy I put you in Yozi-Chi’s care. Your skills in tactics and combat have improved as well! Mama’s so happy…. Well, I expected nothing less from my chosen Hero.

Inari: Well, I know that Yozomarah would never expect anything other than the best from me. I’m certain if I hadn’t put in my all or tried to hold back he would have been rather harsh in his punishment. Not to mention you wouldn’t have made such a fuss of having me trained under Yozomarah, or under Chizohara when I was supposed to be only a minor harvest god if there wasn’t a reason for it. Beyond keeping an eye on them, of course. I just wish that you didn’t insist on bulking me up so much. It causes havoc on my transformations to have to tailor my appearance while keeping my increased skills once this is over with and I can regain my favoured forms.

Parame: Hummmm~? Was that a complaint I just heard? Oh my oh me, these old ears are unreliable aren't they? Can't hear as well as I used to. *Chuckle*

But trust me, little one, you’re going to need that extra muscle. Both for aesthetic and practical use, besides ‘discipline’, not only one's body, but also will is an extremely valuable trait. It’s just that….that boy may be a bit too disciplined…

*Shock* Ah, but right now, it's not about him, it's about you. First off, let's dispel that little disguise that I cast. I need to give you a physical while I'm at it. Go disrobe. I’ll prepare the water while you do so.

*Rolling their eyes at Parame’s methods of shooting down their whining, but resolved to think about what situation Parame seemed to be considering they would need to look so bulky in, Inari did as they were told, disrobing without any particular care for their own modesty - after all, this was Mother and Inari had never been particularly body shy - and draping the garments over a divider that stood close by. Heedless of their now bear form, they made their way towards the pools, knowing that Parame would adjust the illusions on themself as she saw fit, whether or not they did anything else. Though one thing concerned them*

Inari: Is it wise that the form you gave me is dropped for now? I assume you have a reason that you believe it’d be safe for me, otherwise you wouldn’t be risking it. Or is it just that I need more purifying than I thought and the illusion would get in the way of ‘healing’?

Inari [Inner thoughts]: I hadn’t thought that I’d been bad enough to need cleansing my soul, but...Have I been holding onto things I shouldn’t have?

Parame: Did you forget that you are not of this time? Any stress or changes on or to your body will have ‘some,’ effect on your body when you arrive home, I would like to minimise damage when/ were we can. And on the off chance you are injured or major changes that will occur I need to document them, changing… I mean ultering people memories to fit the loos in time or changes in personality.

*Inari shoots her a quick look, but suppresses the surge of emotion that came from that revelation. Taking a deep breath, they closed their eyes and calmly reminded themself that, despite the fact she was Mother and the god whom they were acting as Hero for, it didn’t change the fact that she was one of the oldest primeval gods there were. In a way, she was time, she lead the world to its ultimate fate. It shouldn’t be a surprise she could, would and likely had done things like this many times before, even if part of them couldn’t help but flinch at the thought of being merely a pawn in the grand game of fate. It wasn’t anything personal. Besides, she must care for them on some level, otherwise she wouldn’t have even allowed them to know that much. She didn’t do or say anything without some form of meaning, even if she sometimes appeared whimsical or flighty*

Inari: I’ll obviously do my best not to get myself harmed or killed. Emotionally hurt, though….I can’t promise that. I suppose you’re right though. After all, I’ve….I’ve seen what that can do to gods of my rank.

*They would never forget Chizohara’s demise*

Inari: Then I give myself over to your care, Mother.

*Parame, having finished preparing the cleansing pool looked back at the younger god, eyes filled with something that resembled empathy. Slowly making her way towards the younger god. Checking their body for the physical changes, from there original form to there current predigested form.*

Parame: look into the pool I’ll put an image of the body you first appeared here with to your body now. See a difference?

*Almost despite themself, Inari looked into the pool to see what changes there had to have been. They were taller now. It was funny to think that they had a growth spurt, although they had lived in the different times for a few centuries at this point. It was almost a surprise to think they had been as short as they once had been. This wasn’t to say the rest of the form hadn’t filled out, however. While before there had been a certain fae like quality to them, they now had the lithe, yet sinewy form of an athlete, slim and elegant, yet made of whipcord muscle without an ounce of the puppy fat they once had, but hadn’t realised. Their face was slimmer, their cheekbones a little more pronounced, somehow taking on more aristocratic features. Without looking, they somehow moved from awkward child to an adult and hadn’t even realised it. Thankfully, they hadn’t lost the androgynous appearance they favoured, so they might not need to shape shift at all to retain what they once had, which they were quite grateful for. But what was, surprisingly, more obvious than even that was their eyes. Like all gods, the heavenly power that resided within could never be hidden in one’s eyes. They were the windows to the soul after all. That iridescent glow that shone there seemed so much brighter than before. It was almost fascinating. No wonder Parame needed to maintain the illusion to make them seem lesser than they were, otherwise it would be obvious to anyone, even half blind or with barely a working braincell that Inari was no more a minor god than Parame herself was.

Still, even that fascination didn’t hide the fact that, as they leaned closer, their hair shifted and fell into their field of vision. Startled - they certainly hadn’t expected the random blindness - they ran their fingers through it, pushing their hair back, startled when it took that much longer to each the ends. In fact, if they weren’t careful, their hair would soon rival that of some princesses back in the country that worshiped them. Not to mention that, while still quite fine, it was surprisingly thick and seemed to shimmer under the lights.*

Inari:....I’m going to end up tripping over my own hair…..when did I become Rapunzel?

Parame: Pft. about a century or so back to be perfectly honest. Saying that if we style it right the length should not be to bad *Snapping her fingers.*

*With the snapping of her fingers, Inari’s hair tied itself into a long braided ponytail, looped back into itself as to dangle just above the younger gods rear.*

Parame: I’ll style it in a moment. But first… one would assume you like your new form, from the self oggeling. Puberty was more than kind, no?

Inari: Well….*They twist to look at themselves a little more, before offering a smirk* I think I’ll get used to it.

*They hesitate a moment, biting their lip*

Inari: ….Though…..will….Rozyus….get used to it….?

*They wince and fall silent. They’re still unsure how to particularly deal with the situation the two of them were in right now, even if they didn’t want to end up in Chizohara’s situation...they still didn’t want to end up in Yozomarah’s either. Inari doubted they could be that stone faced as someone else courted someone they loved with all their heart. But a tiny bit of them that didn’t care about any of that just didn’t want Rozyus to be put off by the physical changes. It made them feel a little like a child again getting nervous and wanting to impress all over again*

Parame: PFT!!!! Ahahahah Ahahhhah haha haahah ahahahahaha!

*The goddess burst out in hysterics as it was easy to tell what the younger god was thinking. The young god seemed to turn a pretty shade of crimson at her incessant laughter.*

Older Parame: Cute, aren’t they?

Young Parame: That was absolutely adorable!!! ‘Will….Rozyus….get used to it….?’ Oh, I can’t! Hahaha! I can’t, my sides hurt! Ahahahahah!

*It was in that moment that, beyond being mortified, they realised that there was not only the Parame of the current time there, but a second Parame, the one for their own time. For a moment, they could only stare in horror.*

Inari: Oh no they’re multiplying!

*Older Parame hurls a throw cushion in the direction of the younger deity as a form of retaliation.*

Older Parame: *Chuckle* Such a cheeky Child! And don't worry, in all honesty his first reaction is, ‘Who is this beautiful stranger?’ The next is ‘God Damn!’ and finally … ‘Big brother ‘Nari…. Upgrade, Rozy like~! No...no wait you can't go for him, remember!!!’

Inari: *Flushing* Y-you don’t have to tease me about this, Mother, it was a legitimate - wait, wait, wait, not important right now. How….why are you here when you’re….here? I mean, That is to say, how is it that there are two of you here. And why?

Older Parame: Don’t worry, I’m not staying. I just came here to drop off some clothes, you’ve gotten bigger after all. *Looks south* Oh look how much you’ve grown! *Teasing tone.*

Young Parame: I know right? If I was a few eons younger….

Inari: *Flinching and shifting so they would stop staring* I believe the saying goes ‘My eyes are up here’.

Younger Parame: Hey, just enjoying the eye candy. Nothing wrong with that?

Older Parame: I know right? You should see the army of fan girls/boys that’ll swarm when this version of them pops up.

Young Parame: Should I give him bug spray when he goes back?

Older Parame: Pft! Tried that - it didn't work.

Inari: They’re far, far more persistent than any bug. Should the world ever end, all that would survive would be cockroaches and fan girls/boys.

Young/Old Parame: *Chuckle* Well, it’s your blessing and curse, my dear. One of the reasons you were brought here is to learn how to deal with those… ducklings that seem to follow you. And a few of those ducklings will become allies if pushed in the right direction. Not just by having a ‘Fuck it!’ attitude.

Inari: Of all the reasons for going into the past, believe me, ‘dealing with fans’ was not one of them. Followers, perhaps, but not ‘fans’. Though I suppose I can understand. Having the right connections and support from people will certainly not harm me, but at the same time….*Shudders in memory of more ‘enthusiastic’ fans*

Older Parame: *Knowing eyes* Whether you like it or not, you are popular amongst the gods. Taming your rabid fangirls is your responsibility.

Younger Parame: Yozomarah, rather than Chiz-Chi, would be a better example of that.

Older Parame: There may be not other….. Well Baldr maybe a close second, so I should say there are rare and beloved gods that are born and raised in this world of ours none more so than you. Saying that, the gods are protective of you for a reason...

Younger Parame: Being on good terms and having a path of trust, reliability and reputation is your grated tools. You need them by your side more than anyone, more than anything, even before ‘Love’. Achieve that and becoming exceptional at your job(s) to the point where there would be no room for doubt or complaint would be the best move going forward. But that must come first. Achieve that level of standard, then… well, there wouldn't have any room nor legitimate reason to worry. So, in essence, ‘it’s better if we part,’ was the best way moving forward. But only as a temporary fix. ‘We need to gain back the trust of our kin’ was the only half the battle. The rest will come from you both, but I’ll aid you more when you get back to your original timeline.

*Inari couldn’t help but look away from them both at that point, arms loosely wrapped around themself, troubled. They understood, of course, what the two versions of Parame were saying, that they needed to earn the trust and respect of everyone so they would realise that they would not fall victim to the same troubles as these events, but at the same time, parting for such a long time could also end up with the situation that Yozomarah was in as well. It wrenched at their heart to need to part themself from the light of their life, but….*

Inari: *Whispers* It’s…..not forever. Not forever…

*They could only hope they weren’t just trying to convince themself*

Older Parame: With that, that’s my cue to leave. I’ll see you soon, my sweet child.

*With a snap of her fingers, the older Parame seem to merge with the younger self.*

Younger parame: for now baith the waters in the bathe will help you relax and clear your mind. For this next Act. you’ll need a cleat leveled head also i’ve left a new garment for you by the pools side, when your don baithing call me ill help you dress.

*Inari nodded, distractedly, murmuring a soft thanks before they descended into the water, allowing the purity to flow through them as they sank within it. There was a certain method to the cleansing that was not all physical washing, but meditative, almost praying, if a god could pray to oneself to tap into their own holy power. Hoping the cleanse would likewise bring peace of mind, Inari fully submerged themselves and began.

It was some time later when Inari finally emerged from the trace like state of cleansing, feeling the odd unburdened lightness within themselves, an ever present calmness that wrapped them in a type of tranquility that Inari hadn’t even realised they had lost through everything they had seen and done in their time travels. They hadn’t even realised how much they had missed the comfort of the purity, the feeling of being absolutely sure in one’s own incarnation.

With the warm serenity blocking out the cold dark dread that had once clenched them in a death grip, Inari emerged from the waters and dried themselves, dressing in the clothing that Parame’s older self had left behind. They were simple robes, no particular patterns to them, not even dyed, just white cloth that nonetheless felt gentle against their skin. Dressed and somewhat presentable, they ran their fingers over their long hair, drawing the braid to drape over their shoulder to avoid getting caught. They certainly didn’t want to become dirtied again after only just rediscovering their inner peace.

That done, Inari made their way to where they knew Parame was waiting, although what they saw as they approached was not what they expected. Out of the corner of their eye, Inari had noticed an older looking Lilyah drift past them, bowing quickly in both themself and Parame’s direction, looking distraught and rushing off out the room. Maybe something unexpected had popped up in their preparation work?*

Parame: This should get interesting from now on, no?

Inari: ...What are you hiding from me? I’m not sure I want to know your definition of ‘interesting’ when she looked so upset. What must I prepare to see?

*Tying what seems to be two different fate lines together, the older goddess looped the threads in between her fingers and begin pulling at them, creating shapes before letting them ‘reset’ again. A few moments later, Venus materialises back in the room as well, also aiding in playing with the fate lines. It seemed like the two goddesses were playing a game resembling cat's cradle. Both were so entranced in there game that they barely noted the younger god’s question*

Parame & Venus: Hiding? Nothing really. We’re just trying to give her a little push. Another God has been trying to seduce her and, well… let’s just say he forced a kiss. Our little flower ran of crying and in the direction of an apparently cold hearted god.

Venus: But, if we play it right, things should, finally… FINALLY, start moving. If you want to see what we’re doing, go back to the reflecting pool and watch. It’ll better illustrate what we’re doing here.

Parame: The idea is to not stop the pattern work until Yozi-chi and Lilly-chi get their hearts back to where they were a few centuries ago.

Inari: I see….though wouldn’t that take a substantial amount of time? If it’s done too quickly, even they’d know someone was forcing a change, no matter how much they want it. It’d need to seem natural, wouldn’t it?

Venus: Yep! It is time consuming. It might take a few days, but the results are worth it. And not really. Just look at them - it’s clear to anyone what they feel. Both of their emotions are ready to burst, both filed with agape and eros. It’s the perfect time.

Parame: My thoughts exactly. Once we get there, the story will finally be able to move on to where it needs to be. They’ve been stationary far too long, it's about time they got together.

Venus: Agreed.

*While the girls worked on the fate lines, Inari, frowning thoughtfully, made their way back towards the reflecting pool. As they peered into the crystalline depths, the water seemed to ripple and sparkle, changing hues before finally settling on a tree where Yozomarah was resting, gazing up at the stars.*

Yozomarah: *Sigh* Damn this foolish heart of mine, these...these childish desires…. Am I not grown…? Am I not capable to deny these foolish emotions…?

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment