Sunday 10 December 2017

Tell Me a Fable pt 5



*From where Inari was standing, they could easily watch the groups that were in the extravagant Room of Fate. There was the larger group of gods and goddesses that seemed somewhat familiar to them, even if they didn’t recognise these particular gods who, for whatever reason, existed in this time period, but didn’t in Inari’s own, all behind the god known as Yozomarah, the god that had been reincarnated from the tragic Fallen god Chizohara. On the other side were the duo of Elder Gods, Thanatos, who was watching silently, and Parame, who was seemingly having a battle of wills with Yozomarah, particularly about Inari’s - or rather Kyzoumah’s - placement as Yozomarah’s new (if temporary) ward. Inari tried to make sure that they kept in the persona they had been given for this little trip to the past, at least outwardly, wondering what he was meant to be learning from this confrontation*

Yozomarah: Why, precisely, do you believe I’d be best suited to house this new goddess? Surely their are others far more capable?

Parame: That, my dear sweet boy, is not of concern. *Serious tone* All that matters is that you do as I say, understood Yo-Zo-Chi?

Yozomarah:....Fine. I understand, Lady Parame.

*Slightly agitated by the young man’s cheek to address her by her name, she slowly stepped forward, bending over slightly. Gently cupping the young man’s cheeks, she smiled, eyes closed and brows twitching slightly.*

Parame: *Chuckle* my cute boy, you have quite the nerve to address me in such a way….

Inari [Inner Thought]: *Shivers* Ah….that expression….he’s in for it now... Rest in peace...?

*The elder goddess began to pinch and stretch the young man’s cheeks. He twists in discomfort as he tries to find a way to be released from her grasp, but failing as she constantly recaptured the older boy.*

Yozomarah: Release me, you old hag!

Parame: OLD HAG? You cheeky little boy!!! It seems that you in need of some manners!!!! You address your Mama by name and then call her an old hag?! Oh no, no, no! You are not getting away with that, Yozu-chi!  Bad boys will always be punished!!!!

*With that, Parame practically yanked Yozomarah off his feet and ruffling his otherwise neat hair into a tangled mess through the power of a godly noogie*

Yozomarah: OI! One of you help me!

Ogetsu-hime: Nope, not my problem.

Toyouke: Listen, I would but… you kind of had that one coming.

Dakiniten: Nah bro, I rather fight you, than go up against her.

Benzaiten: Poor Yozo-chi, I knew him well.

Yozomarah: *Growl* Screw you guys!!!!

*Parame yanked on the younger god’s ears, causing the growl to end in a yelp. Morbidly fascinated, Inari wondered if that was more punishment for the language than his previous transgression*

Ninigi: Listen, who asked you to anger an elder god…? Hm? Brother, that yo’ business!

Wakumusubi: *Hands in prayer* Sorry, I’m a pacifist, but I’ll heal your wounds after, OK, leader?

Yozomarah: HELP ME!!!!!

*Ignoring his pleas for aid, Parame began to grab the corners of his mouth and pulled then, humming something that sounded a little like a funeral march*

Omiyanomi: Ha. Boy bye! I’m not dying today because sooomebody wanted to be a big man.

Ukemochi:  Preach, sister!

Omiyame no Mikoto: *Giggle* Man up, Yozu, it’s your mess, now lie in it.

Ukanomitama no Mikoto  You know, this is really none of my business, so I’m gonna go over there, flirt with this lovely goddess right here and enjoy the show.

Yozomarah: Seriously!!!!

Sarutahiko no Mikami : I can’t do anything, I’m only a lill’ kid!

Omiyanomi : *Coy tone*As if I’d break my nails fighting the ‘Maiden of War and Peace’. Are you mad? Oh, honey, I’m way too cute to die today.

*Deciding to take some pity on the god that was meant to be fostering ‘her’, Inari, holding back the hysterical laughter that wanted to bubble from their throat - their courtly training helped a lot in this regard to keep a straight face - made their way over to the two of them and took a deep breath before cutting between, giving Parame the brightest, sweetest smile they could manage*

Inari: Ah, Mother, please don’t fight anymore. How could I be given any guidance in this world if the one whom you placed me with is unable to do those duties? While I’m certain a god of his caliber could teach one such as I even while maimed, I would never be able to prove my own worth as his student to the best of my abilities.

Parame: *Shivers* …. You know, it’s scary how much of my traits has rubbed off on you.

Thanatos: *Smirk* You think?

Parame: Shut it, you! *Sigh*

*Releasing Yozumarah, the elder goddess ran her fingers through her hair, settling back into her chair once more, looking towards her chamber doors. They opened with a crack, bringing the room to a near silence. And after a moment, a small child pushing a much too large of a trolley popped their head though. It was comically adorable as the weight and size of the trolley seemed to overpower the small child’s might, but they kept on regardless.*

Small Child: G-good morning, mother! I brought everyone food… and-

*Noticing Yozuharah’s disheveled state, the small child ran over to the older boy to see if he was alright, while aiding to fix his sorry state.*

Small Child: Oh no, no! You can’t walk around like that, Master Yozumarah! What will the other gods think? You need to look after yourself more, ok? Oh! And your cheeks are all red! You don’t have a fever do you? Oh ah-

Yozumarah: ENOUGH! Don’t touch me so much, brat!! *Glare*

Small Child: O-oh s-sorry, I just wanted to….. I’m  sorry….

Yozumarah: *Shock* W-wait I-!

*The young child’s eyes were  downcast as he moves away, forcing a smile as he carries on his task, giving everyone their meal before disappearing to the other plane, it was evident what the child was holding back tears as he left.*

Yozumarah: *Looks down, hands clenched* Damn it… not again….

Inari [Inner Thoughts]: Yikes….someone has a temper they can’t control, almost as bad as Susanoo as a kid, though he usually at least knew who he was yelling at, even when his pride was bruised….What’s worse is that, from that look he was giving the kid, he probably actually likes him as well, maybe a little like I did with Rozyus when I first started having feelings for him. Quite the quandary and mesh of terrible circumstances there, huh? I wonder if there’s something with this relationship, between that kid and Yozomarah, that’s supposed to be what Parame wants me to see? But what? Emotional control, maybe….?

*Shaking their head, they instead watch as the other gods rounded on their ‘leader’*

Omiyanomi: IDIOT!!!! How many times are you gonna make ‘her’ cry?

Yozumarah: He’ is a boy. And it’s not like I was trying to make him-

Omiyanomi: It doesn't matter! Lillyah thinks and acts like a girl! Treat her as such.

Ninigi: You more or less yelled at a girl. No matter how pissed off you are, you have to be a gentleman about it. *Sigh* Listen, man, next time you see her, just apologize.

Yozomarah: …. Whatever… I'm going..

Benzaiten: What about the new girl?

Yozomarah:.....

* Yozomarah left the room slamming the door behind him, a look of aloofness masked his face. Meanwhile, Inari sighed, running a hand through ‘her’ long hair, bemusement crossing their expression. Honestly, they had only the vaguest of ideas as to why they needed to see this - they had lost their own temper in their time due to people who had been scolding them for their love of Rozyus, but in all honesty, he had never yelled like this at the boy. At least any arguments they did have were generally not because one of them was just in a bad mood and taking it out on someone else*

Inari: So….does this happen often? I just wanted to be sure before I attempt to make a war shelter.

Benzaiten: Oh.. Ah, Kyzuomah, was it? Well, yes and no. He’s always had a bit of a temper, but when it comes to Lillyah… the truth is he really does care for that kid..

Toyouke: Call it for what it is - they’re both in love, but big boss is too stubborn or too afraid to admit it.

Ukanomitama: Who wouldn’t be? You remember what happened to Chizuhara and Mirah right? Falling from grace is one thing, but… what they did to Mirah… He wants to stop it before it starts. Keeping Lillah as far away as possible, for his own good.

Inari: I see. So he’s afraid if things go south as they did in that….tale….then the same thing could happen to….Lillyah, was it? He wants to protect her soul, but he feels to do that, he has to keep her away. If anything, doesn’t that just….make everyone miserable? And true it might not be the possessiveness that destroys them, but wouldn’t that still be a cause for concern? Couldn’t they just….uh….drive themselves to both Fall that way?

Wakumusubi: No, not really. Distance is probably the best thing for them. The moment they accept their feelings is the moment they’re destined to bring about each other's end. It would be easier if they could fall for other people. I mean, it's not like Yozo-chi doesn't have a plethora of potential suitors.

Omiyanomi: Same goes for the kid. He maybe a half breed, but he’s pretty cute, a hard worker and, well, those half breeds are irresistible by nature to gods…. We may act as if we don't care about them, but it's hard not to feel something when they're around.

Sarutahiko: It wouldn't be too bad if Chizi-chi or Yozo-chi were low ranked gods, but the higher you are, the more likely to are to fall.

Inari: So….I’m not quite understanding. You’re saying that he should get close by apologizing to Lillyah, but then at the same time are saying that Yozomarah should be staying away from her to avoid the same kind of fate due to their standing. What exactly are you all hoping from this? For the both of them, I mean?

Omiyanomi: …. We can't answer that you're still new… and though you may be in our care
love, your still a stranger, nothing against you but we don't quite trust random gods with our family secrets, wanna be part of the fam’ then your gonna have to earn that right dear. *Wink* But trust me, everyone in this room has those two best interest in mind.  *Gentle eyes.*

Inari [Inner Thoughts]: So, in other words, if I’m to ever find out why I’m here other than to further rub salt in the wounds, then I need to be trusted by them….*Mental wince* I really don’t want to get close again to people who’ll just end up destroyed like last time, but I….is it wrong that I want to see something go right? For at least one couple like Rozyus and I? Or are we truly just doomed from the start….?

Inari: I….I understand…

*That said, despite the fact the ‘leader’ of the group had already left, there was still the task of Inari’s stay, considering that ‘she’ was under their tutelage during this time. Which, as a student/apprentice, meant that Inari would be living with this group and (If Inari read the whys correctly) would eventually become Inari’s surrogate family for a time. As such, one they had been dismissed by Parame, the group lead Inari through the halls - Inari pretended they were not familiar with the layout to keep up the appearance of a new goddess - and was eventually brought to a large wing within the temple that housed the different gods. The rooms appeared to be open, apart from one, which Inari assumed belonged to Yozomarah.*

Toyouke: I’m guessing BIG BOY’S STILL SULKING IN HIS ROOM LIKE A CHILD, HUH!

*There was a loud bang at the closed door, as if something had been thrown at it.*

Inari: *Dryly* So….this happens a lot too?

Toyouke: *Chuckle* Pritty much, but after his brooding period, he’ll become all cute. He’s just in a bad mood since he made that Lily cry. Bet you a coin he’s thinking ‘I made her cry.. Again. But it’s for the best right, right? What should I do…? What can I do to make her smile again?’

Ninigi: ‘Should I bring them flowers? Treats? Should I talk to her in person…? No no, that wouldn’t work…’

Sarutahiko: ‘Damn it, why don’t these things ever turn out right! Aren't we meant to be? No we're not, and yet.. If only I could tell you how I feel. But that’s not allowed, right…? Right… and though I love you this much...’

Omiyanomi: Its better as is….its better if we're apart… that Autumn day by that tree was a beautiful dream, but like a dream…. It has to come to an end.

Toyouke: Something like that, right, handsome?!

*The tip of a blade pierced through the wooden door, along with growled threats, cursing at the pack of gods.*

Inari: *Starting to grin and smothering giggles* So then, yes, this happens all the time.

Toyouke: *Chuckle* Come on, I’ll show you to your room. That kid - Lillyah, I mean - spent a while preparing it. You may as well get accustomed to it.

Inari: I hadn’t known he was aware that I was coming long enough to prepare me a room. I’ll have to thank her when I see her.

*With that, Inari followed Toyouke to the room that had been made up for ‘Kyzuomah’. The room itself wasn’t actually too different from the room that Inari was used to in their own time, however their was more decorative weapons and shields in the room than the various paintings and plants that had filled Inari’s bedroom. It took Inari a moment to remember that Parame had named Kyzuomah as a minor war goddess, rather than the harvest based god that they had been last time, or the many jobed deity that Inari happened to be in their own timeline. They took a moment to observe the weapons absently, already missing Kogitsunemaru, the only blade that they had on display in their own bedroom. It would be odd, but Inari could handle this room, they guessed. It seemed that Lillyah had done a fairly decent job of the room, even if it lacked the plant life they itched to add.*

Ukanomitama no Mikoto: Our little Lilly wasn't done, but it's livable for now. You did arrive a little too early. If you want to grow plant or crops in you room, ask our little Lilly, or if you need some tips n tricks ask myself, Omiyame no Mikoto or Sarutahiko no Mikami. We’ll be happy to help. We have a few secrets for plentiful harvests, so, yeah.

*Inari nearly blurted out they’d love for the plants and didn’t need help, but remembered their cover, instead offering a slight smile (though they couldn’t quite hide the sadness)*

Inari: I’m a war goddess, I’m afraid. I’m not entirely sure I’d have a green thumb, even with the teachings of your great selves. Though thank you. For the offer, I mean.

Sarutahiko no Mikami: *Knowing Grin* oh yes but how do you expect men to fight on empty stomachs. Without a good bowl of rice in there stomachs, besiiiids being a patron of one more thing ensures that you less likely to fade away, the more followers you do have the better is all ‘miss’.

Inari [Inner Thoughts]: Why do I get the feeling that these three know more than they’re letting on? Sarutahiko certainly put emphasis on that ‘miss’, and that expression….Did Mother….tell them something?

*They made sure to hide what they were thinking, however, and instead offered a slightly wider smile*

Inari: Ah, well…if you believe I might be able to cultivate such a skill, and Yozomarah doesn’t mind me learning things from your good selves too, then I’m certainly happy to give myself more reasons to stick around. Thank you.

*There were three distinct knocks at the chamber door, then a creek as a small veiled figure creeped inside. The sight was all too familiar to Inari… the attire though far more archaic he could tell its purpose: to hide another little flower from the eyes of outraged gods. The veiled figure carried a large bag and trotted towards them.*

Lillyah: For you, my Lady. Mother said you would be needing these clothes and other items.

Inari: Thank you….Ah….you’re….Lillyah, right? You helped to put this room together form me. I have something else to thank you for. Although I’m still new to existence, people have been very kind to me so far. I appreciate it.

Lillyah: *Bow* I am a servant, it is my duty to insure your highness’ health and that you remain on the correct path. Though I am still quite young, I will do my best to make sure you are most comfortable. Preparing this room is nothing. I’ll make a space for you to grow plants and such as you see fit, but it may take some time.

*The child bowed again, only to be startled by a slamming door. With haste, the child spun around to see Yozomarah walking towards them. Hastily, the child got to their knees and bowed.*

Lillyah: Master… I-I’m sorry, I was just delivering the Lady’s clothes a-and such. I promise this will be the last time you’ll see this face you hate so much!!! I-I’ll disappear from your view…. But, but I just wanted to be near you one last time… I-I’m sorry… I’ll go now..

*Not even bothering to look at the child, Yozomarah addressed Inari.*

Yozomarah: Take this. It is our schedule. We start an hour before sunrise, and we end the day an hour after midnight. Battle training lasts from morning to lunch, and the rest of the day its ‘Emperor training’. Understood?

*Trying not to grimace in sympathy for Lillyah being so ignored - even if Yozomarah had reasons to do so, they quickly bowed to the older god, noting how similar the training was to that of Hero training*

Inari: I understand, sir. May I ask, what is it that I should call you as my teacher? I wish to give the correct amount of respect where it is due.

Yozomarah: *Smile* By name is fine. You’ll eventually be part of the family, so there’s no need for you to use a tittle. Just know your place and you’ll be fine. Now, I must retire. The others will show you around.

*Turns to address Lilyah.*

Yozomarah: *Stern Eyes* You, don't you have somewhere to be? If you're done here, then go. This room was meant for gods and their lovers. It is no place for you. So get out.

Lilyah: *Barely audible voice* Yes Master…. Goodbye….

*The child moved in a rhythmic pattern, and a storm of petals carried his tiny frame away.*

Inari [Inner Thoughts]: Ouch…..cold. I know he’s trying to protect her, but...I don’t know, it seems worse this way. I don’t think I could ever act so coldly to Rozyus. Even if I were to pretend Rozy were a mere servant to me, I just couldn't suppress my heart that much, even though I’m quite capable of killing my emotions.

Inari: Yozomarah….if I may….Doesn’t it hurt to be so...harsh? I….the others informed me of your quadery. I’m just a little concerned that you’ll hurt yourself this way.

Inari [Inner Thoughts]: Well, both of you, but I think if I made it about Lillyah, Yozomarah might throw a fit.

Yozomarah: *Icy Glare* That is no concern of yours. I will have no more talk of this from you who knows nothing, understood?

Inari: *Forcing down a sigh* Understood. It wasn’t my place. Forgive me.

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment