Sunday 17 December 2017

Tell Me a Fable Pt 6



Dear Diary,

It feels like it has been a while since I last took pen to paper. Indeed, I’ve not had the ability to really focus on such things for the last century or so, especially considering how focused my studies have been while in this time period. Yozomarah, the reincarnation of my old tutor Chizohara, is quite the task master, if not more so than his predecessor. Then again, perhaps it is because I have taken the form of a minor war goddess this time, rather than a harvest god that I had taken on as a disguise before? That is the theory I’m working with. Yozomarah is certainly thorough with the lessons. Including basic arms training, I’m also involved in military tactics and strategy, survival skills, world knowledge and the ever infamous Emperor Training, the later rivalling that I had to undergo as Parame’s chosen hero in my own time.

Now my current female form is almost as bulky as the male one I took. I’m pretty sure that everyone is trying to sabotage my outward aesthetics. Does the world dislike the fact that I sometimes wish to not resemble a powerful warrior at times? Surely looking less like I can break a man’s head with a flexed arm is a tactic in and of itself. I’m almost considering threatening taking the form of a slender and delicate person for a century or two after this, just to annoy Mother. I don’t wish to look like a bodybuilder all the time, Mother! Yes, I know you can see what I’m writing, this is told directly to you, Lady snooper!


Young Parame [Telepathetic Voice]: Geez and I thought I was melodramatic you have the figure of an olympic runner!!! I don't see the issue. Plus you didn't have ny meat on your bones… and I'm pretty sure I damn well feed you while your in my care!!!

And at least you now have a little somin, somin to hold on to if you know what I’m saying?


That is not the point, Mother. And I wasn’t underweight. Honest!

As much as the training aids me, it does leave very little time to oneself, especially when added to the fact that I was brought to this time period to observe as well.

Speaking of observing, while I have certainly seen plenty of Yozomarah and his people, thanks to my training with them, I haven’t seen much of Lillyah. It is rather in contrast to when I was in the previous timeline, when it strange not to see Mirah somewhere within Chizohara’s vicinity, however, the others have often spoken about it, either in passing, or to me in person, now I’m somewhat considered ‘one of them’. Unlike Chizohara, who had ignored all warning signs and continued to pursue a relationship with Mirah, even when it lead to his Fall and both his and Mirah’s execution, Yozomarah is obviously of the mind that sending Lillyah away would prevent the same form of temptation. While on the one hand it works, after all, I have yet to see Yozomarah Falling (Unless one adds falling into a kind of depression under that category - he’d never admit his unhappiness, however), there is a kind of gloom that seems to permeate the place, ever since Lillyah left

I suppose Lillyah took Yozomarah’s words seriously.

For a while, I only saw Lillyah in passing, if I was exceptionally lucky. These days, however, I have seen her, though she appears to be working with another god now that has seemingly taken to her.

I don't believe I have ever seen Yozomarah in such a foul mood as he was that day. He absconded to his room for a week, despite many a prompt and bribe, even though he refused to acknowledge that it was due to jealousy (At least, that is what we all believe it to be). Some of Yozomarah’s friends have, since then, taken him aside each time he has started to ignore things further in this regard. If he’s not careful, Lillyah may just return the attention to this new god. Yozomarah’s protests that he doesn’t care would certainly be more convincing if he didn’t look as though he would bite his tongue off or break his teeth from clenching his jaw so tightly.

I’m beginning to worry that the end results of this might still end up in a Fall, only due to different emotions this time. It could still all lead to despair. I’m just praying that this won't be the case. I don’t think I could stand to see another teacher become so twisted, or another innocent life becoming the scapegoat who’s soul would be torn apart once again.

I beg you, Fate, please, don’t let me see such an end again.



*The day had been a celebration amongst the gods, a festival in celebration of the deities that had spilled over from the mortal realms into that of the holy ones. As such, on that night, the gods of the group that followed the lead of Yozomarah had taken to their wing of the temple and were celebrating their own way. Wine and food flowed plentifully while music played and many were already in what Inari had been informed was ‘the zone’, where they were enjoying themselves, the food, the company and generally distracted by the atmosphere if not being intoxicated by the high alcohol content.

Despite the form Inari was currently using, along with their current ‘job description’, coupled with the fact they certainly didn’t want to reveal any time sensitive information, they had been careful with what they drank. As such, it was possible that Inari was one of the few people (If not the only one) who noted when Yozomarah began to carefully, subtly, move closer and closer to the exit as time went on. Finally, As his companions were lost to the celebrations, the god had finally slipped away, not knowing the eyes of his student watched him go.

The festivities raged on, the gods under Yozomarah’s leadership and a few of their lovers seemed to be enjoying themselves. The vibrancy of the room, both in the figurative and literal sense, seemed juxtapose against Yozomarah’s dreary heart.

Most of the gods seemed to be enjoying their desired companions for the evening while other indulged themselves with food and drink… faking both smile and stoic faces had taken its toll. Attempting to enjoy another festival without that person appeared to be the final nail in the coffin.

At least for a time, he needed to find a place to drown out the noise.*

Parame [Telepathically to Inari]: Little one, I shall allow you to hear the truth of his heart. Listen closely.

Yozomarah [Inner thought]: *Sigh* I…. I can’t do this. Not today…. I’ve achieved what I set out to do and yet… I feel so... empty. No, no….it’s better this way. He...no, She is safe with him. Her happiness is one that comes above all else, even my own. If this path truly makes her happy, then I’ll do my part, from the shadows. I won’t let you die the way that Mirah did...You’ll live. You’ll live, become a deserving someone’s radiant bride. You’ll be such a sight to behold as you walk down the aisle with that person, more radiant than I ever could be. He will be the sword and shield that will protect you...And, if you ever need it, I shall also be at your call...Yes...this is how it….truly should be….

*Meanwhile, the party was in full swing and it was the perfect opportunity to leave unnoticed, the open hall way let in a much needed winter breeze, it sobered Yozomarah some the sweet numbness that the liquor had gifted him was fading away, but he persisted onward. Venturing of temple grounds to an all to familiar secret hideaway, he was ignorant of the curious eyes of his fellow kin, filled with an untouched elegance.

Slowly, as the night wore on, the gods at the party had drunk their fill and began to disperse for the night, lovers slipping away from their partners with lingering touches and hooded gazes. With the tempting distractions gone to their rooms for the night (though not before some and whispered that they would be waiting for their partners to join them soon enough) the gods left began to turn their attention to their missing member, having realised a little while after Inari had that their leader had slipped away. With that in mind, the more sober of the group set up a reflective mirror in order to scry for Yozomarah, if only to make sure the god had not run into more trouble. Even intoxicated, the group were well aware of their leader’s moroseness in recent times after all*

Toyouke: Annnnd Big boy went and snuck out. Guess seeing our cute lovers finally got to him. On the one hand, I feel sorry for him~

Ninigi: On the other hand, Mr Boss Man had this coming. His little flower is now being tended to by another.

Sarutahiko: Can you blame that sweet lilly? She was neglected by the man who promised to love her unconditionally, and, even though she waited and waited, he never came. Then, one day, a new ‘gardener’ came along, found the weeping flower and helped her to thrive proudly once again.

Ukanomitama: Ouch...Way to pour salt in the wounds.

Benzaiten:But are we not telling the truth? The current predicament could have been avoided, but now he’s feeling the true extent of pushing her away. Pathetic, truly.

Wakumusubi: Hmm… though, saying that, he still has a margin… a small amount of time before that tiny crack in the window is closed forever.

Inari: Yes, but will he take it? That’s the thing.

Toyouke: He will.

Inari: Oh? How do you know?

Benzaiten: Have a little faith. His love runs like a damned river. It's just about ready to burst, just you bet. All he needs is that little push. *Grin*

Omiyame no Mikoto: Right, mother?

*Two goddesses seem to materialize out of thin air, an after image of Parame’s chamber seemed to fizzle in and out of existence before the two ladies forms finally settle.*

Parame: Hmmmm, sorry. Love - I have no jurisdiction over this one.

Venus: We both know that BULLSHT.

Parame: Ah, but is love not your forte, dear? Care to tinker? It would be a good exercise for you, no?

Venus: … You're giving me…permission to meddle with the hearts of a deity and a demigod? You KNOW the repercussions if this goes wrong, right?

Parame: But it wont.

Venus: And you know this….how?

Parame: Because I know all! Wooooo~! *Wiggles fingers*

Inari: *Raised eyebrow* Honestly, I don’t know why you’re surprised, Miss Venus. This is Mother we’re talking about here. She is essentially the embodiment of fate. I’d be horrified if she didn’t know, to tell you the truth, even if it does make throwing surprises her way near impossible. More’s the pity.

Venus: …??? Oh, have we met before??? You’re so cute… Tell me, are you-

Parame: Careful now, little girl, you might just end up messing things up if you start asking twenty one questions *Dark Chuckle*

Venus: *Eyes surprised before settling into smirk* Ahhhhh~! No wonder you’ve handed this over to me. Fine, I won't ask any more… Yet. But...

*The younger woman out reaches her hand to Inari dominant yet flirtatious eyes. Inari stilled, watching her carefully, inwardly unnerved by her almost knowing gaze.*

When you return to whence you came… and you’ve figured out what it is you need to learn her… come and find me i’ll assist you in want to do next i’ll make sure your love story.

Parame: *Sing song voice* Venus~ my little cherub.

Venus: Hmm~? What?

Parame: Don't promise something you can't keep, their story…. It's a complex one and as it stand well… we’ll talk more when we get back to my chamber. Until then keep being a good girl Kyzuomah-chi, ok.

Inari: *Blinking ‘innocently’* Am I not always, mother? I always do my best to act in the manner I should at all times.

Parame: *Raised brow* Uhh huhhh, and I’m the queen of sheba, little miss ‘I don't give a damn what other gods think’. I’ll file that under you behaving in a manner in which befits a goddess of your caliber, hmm?

Inari: Of course, Mother. As you say.

Inari [Inner Thoughts]: Being something of a trickster is part of my nature. Though, I suppose I have perhaps been...more openly indignant than I should have. I should be better at repressing that rebellious side…

Parame [Telepathy]: Exactly. And that is one of the many reasons you are here. My little flower, there’s nothing wrong with having a rebellious nature. But knowing when to be silent and when to fight are important. Changing the views of ignorant individuals is always a difficult thing; patience, time and power are your best allies as a popular god. You must understand when to use them and when to reserve them. Now, in regards to that idiot wandering the fields without a coat… well, I suggest you keep a good eye on him, because things are about to become interesting.

Inari [Inner Thoughts] When you say ‘interesting’, I begin to feel concerned. Still, this promises to at least not be boring.

Parame: *To the collective gods* My lovely children, I hope you don’t mind if I steal away Kyzuomah for a time. My little Venus will keep the rest of you company. Now, Kyzuomah, let’s be off. There’s something I need to discuss with you privately.

Inari: Lead the way, Mother.

*The goddess looks over the younger gods, before clicking her fingers. What appears to be her chamber door materialises in the middle of the room. The pair walked in unison through the doors. A faint creek and they shut behind them, vanishing the moment they thud closed*

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment