Sunday 23 July 2017

Enter Player Three Pt 4


--- Main Camp, Meeting Tent ---

*Rolling up a scroll of information and notes from their meeting, Inari sighs, relieved. While it took a lot less time than he had originally anticipated, there had still been a lot to cover, many roles to hand out and information to distribute. However, all those that had been chosen to take part in the construction understood their roles and would begin as soon as the materials had been delivered. With their job done for now, Inari tucked the scroll into his sleeve for safe-keeping and brushed the door of the tent aside, stepping out into the light once more. Blinking to get used to the light, Inari made his way to the secondary meeting hall towards the south of the camp.

Earlier, he and Rozyus had parted ways in order to complete their various duties after Inari had introduced a few potential people to join Pandora to Rozyus. After which, Rozyus had needed to meet up with his servant. In all honesty, Inari had been rather reluctant for him to go alone. Something always rubbed them the wrong way about Sayo. However, they trusted Rozyus could handle themselves while they were busy. Even so, they still needed to collect their lover in order to have that promised time together before Rozyus was to leave.

It didn’t take long for Inari to make their way to the meeting hall. Even so, Inari couldn’t immediately see Rozyus. Was he still busy? It was possible. After all, even Inari hadn’t anticipated finishing as quickly as they had, after all. Otherwise, it was possible that the two of them were inside.

Circling around to the main entrance of the meeting room, Inari raised a hand to knock on the tent support to let them know someone was waiting outside. However, the voices coming from inside held them in check. Both voices were familiar, but one sounded incredibly uncomfortable. Pausing, they waited, listening, just in case some form of intervention was needed*

Inari [Inner Voice]: True, it is rude to listen in, but the tent doors are not closed properly to activate the barrier which prevents people from listening in. But I shouldn’t interrupt, either. Not unless Rozyus truly needs it. He is strong, after all. I have to trust that he can handle himself sometimes as well...unless back up is obviously needed.

*Nodding to themselves, they carefully listened in on the conversation. Inside, Inari could hear some talking, before an awkward laugh broke from Rozyus, who dismissed Sayo, conversation obviously finished. The typical strength in The Boy’s voice, now an exhausted sigh as the servant left the room. Hearing the footsteps of the servant approaching the doorway, Inari quickly moved away, making it seem as though he was merely approaching the tent, rather than listening into the words. Walking forwards once again, he crossed paths with the servant.*

Sayo: *Halfhearted whisper* And here I thought it was a good day, but it seems my ray of sun is dimmed by an annoying cloud. Hopefully it passes quickly… OH! Hello, Master Inari, I didn't see you there. How does the day find you? *Fake smile*

Inari: Not as deaf as a certain someone seems to believe. While you may not like me, it is still better of you to not speak ill of someone in such a manner. It is somewhat rude, I’m sure you are aware. For now, however…..do you not have duties to attend to, Sayo-kun?

Sayo: Oh? I don't believe I spoke ill of anyone, as I only spoke of the weather, no? But, by all means, if you wish me to speak of you then allow me this: there are far too many pest around the flower I’ve so graciously helped raise. It is my duty, as their beloved vessel, to slaughter them before they damage my beautiful bud. It is my duty to love and protect them. That is my place: to protect them from annoying vermin that insists on playing house, but will ultimately be the downfall of my beloved flora. So, if you will excuse me while I get the bug spray.

*The look in Sayo’s eyes was one of a mad man, masked by the guise of a claim being as he passed past the deity.

Inari narrows their eyes in turn. Sayo had always been somewhat obsessed about his master, but it was becoming a problem. While Inari wouldn’t say they were an arrogant god - those of the Greek Pantheon certainly took the crown in that regard - they still knew certain levels of hierarchy were needed. Sayo was a manservant to Rozyus. While he took care of him when growing up, seeing to his needs, he was still a servant, and still needed to respect the other gods, lest they strike out, Many gods had a tendency to punish those who showed disrespect. Inari didn’t have such a reputation, at least not among mortals, though he had been known to be something of a trickster to their fellow gods if they had slighted them or their loved ones too much. Perhaps it is why Sayo felt they could get away with speaking in such a way. But what worried them the most was the possessiveness they seemed to have over Rozyus. A certain level of it, they could understand, but the way he spoke….it could easily be twisted by what ‘He’ could do. Perhaps they should advise Rozyus to perhaps have that checked? Not only could it cause serious harm to anyone close to Rozyus, it could cause Rozyus harm as well, if it did go too far.

They knew Rozyus wouldn’t dismiss Sayo, not unless something serious happened. Sayo had protected him, back when he was small and Inari had yet met him due to their own duties, and was family when Rozyus’ parent were too busy with their own duties. A god of any stature dismissing their servant, however…..it would ruin the servant. No god would want one ‘tainted’ by the dishonor of dismissal (Not to mention it would probably tip Sayo to a place of no return, mentally….)

Sighing, Inari knocked on the tent pole to catch Rozyus’ attention*

Inari: Love? Are you feeling up to entertaining an old fox such as I?

Rozyus: *Chuckle* Boo~ Was that a joke? It was terrible, you know that? Come in already. What do you think?

*The Boy snapped his fingers and a golden door appeared in the center of the room. Stepping inside, Inari looked over the Boy, checking to see that he was well. Other than slight exhaustion from what seemed to have been a stressful encounter, he seemed well, thank goodness.*

Inari: Only partially a joke. I admit, I was a little concerned. Sayo-kun decided to speak to me as he passed by. I’ll admit, his words disturbed me somewhat. If he continues as he is, a god may end up taking offense in a different manner than you or I would.

Rozyus: …. I-I know…. I know. Truth be told, he’s getting a little more…unhinged. I may have to... strip him of his title soon… I honestly don’t think I can endure much more of his recent behaviour. He kept on insisting that ‘he cleanse me of impurities,’ that he must ‘check every crevice of my being to insure that I was still pure….’

Normally I wouldn't say anything and humor him, but lately there's a darker undertone to his words. Something bestial that concerns me. Part of me knows that he won't do anything to the other gods, more or less - I’m his obsession. If he does wish to strike, it would be me he chooses, so long as he still believes I’m the innocent child he raised. But, if the day does come, where he bares his fangs at me… I’ll be ready.  

Inari: I’m not sure you would be the first he would strike out at. How he was speaking earlier, about ‘pests flying around the flower he so ‘graciously’ cared for’ and getting bug spray…...it is likely that he will strike at others who he sees as some form of threat to you. But in all honestly, what worries me is that we’re already aware that emotions can be ‘amplified’ by the Seed. Would Sayo be someone who could be vulnerable to it at all? Perhaps I wish that Sayo is not just…..unstable as a person. I might not like him, but he cared for you for a long time. Perhaps a part of me just hopes not to fully deprive you of someone who once cared for you. Especially if part of it is due to something not truly his own fault.

Rozyus: …. The ‘Seed’ is not an issue…. Or rather, its not a factor. He’s been ‘lost’ since I was a child, since before he came to Her temple. She rehabilitated him, but I guess he just relapsed. Nothing more to it. I was told numerous times about it, not to get too close to him, not to hold him too close to my heart. As, one day, I may have to put him down, for his own good. It was a sin all gods must carry, to put down or abandon their servants. And it seems that his time is coming……

Wow...uhhh, well, let's not make my last day all dark and depressing. This is supposed to be our time together. So, come on, open the door.

*The Boy gestured to the door trying to move as far away from the topic as possible.*

*While Inari wasn’t sure that the issue with Sayo was one that could be so casually brushed off when he had outright threatened them, they held their tongue for now. It was Rozyus’ servant, after all. In the end, Sayo was Rozyus’ responsibility. Instead, Inari sighed, giving their love a fondly exasperated smile, before making their way to the door*

Inari: *Tone teasing* Ooooh, should I be worried? Am I to be kidnapped to the unknown?

Rozyus: *Chuckling* Shut it and walk, dummy. On the other side, there's a surprise - something I think you and I will both enjoy.

Inari: I’m beginning to think you and Lady Venus have been spending a little too much time together. That tone of yours…*Playfully shivers*

*That said, casting a coy look to their lover, Inari sashayed inside.The Boy followed suit.

On the other side of the door was a temple. The room that they had emerged into seemed more like an expensive, exotic resort, rather than the more ‘celestial chamber’ inside Mother’s Temple. The Boy sits down on the bed, staring up at his lover.*

Rozyus: This place is outside both space and time. My little private get away. A week in her is an hour outside…. So….

*Laughing, Inari shook their head*

Inari: Ah, you clever minx. What we had desired was more time and you managed to procure a place that grants us that very wish. Are you sure that your heavenly duties are not that of wish granter, rather than Death’s Hero?

Rozyus: Well, if you wish you see me that way, ‘Master’, then I’ll grant you seven wishes, one for each day. So, ‘Master,’ what would you have me do?

*The Boy’s eyes had a seductive glint to them as he pulled the older god to closer. Laughing, the god allowed themselves to be willingly maneuvered, until they had enough weight to help press the other god back onto the bed, smirking somewhat triumphantly.*

Inari: I can think of a few things…

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment