Sunday 9 July 2017

Enter Player Three Pt 3



--- Tanra Announcement!!! ---


Tara: Hey everyone! It’s Tara and Nadia from TanraStudios here with a quick announcement for you all. So, next week we’ll not be uploading any blogs, mainly because I’ll be lacking on the wifi department. Why? Well…..I’m going on holiday!


Nadia: Lucky… I’m stuck here with a slave driving boss….. Meh…. but I’ll save that for another day…. ‘N’ OHHHHH the stories I could tell! So yeah, you better take lots of photos T!


Tara: Sure. Can’t say much about the quality, of course. A Natural photographer I am not. Nor am I overly photogenic. But I will try. I’ll probably be posting a couple of updates on my twitter anyway, so I can share them with you all on the Tanra twitter too. I shall be thinking of you, though, N!


Nadia: You better!


Tara: Anyways, while there won’t be any blog posts this coming week, we’ll be back on Wednesday 19th with more blog content for you all! :)


Both: That said, back to your regularly scheduled blog.

--- Last time ---


Voice 1: Very well then. From this day onwards, those people shall become a part of your army, for you to do with as you will. However, before the new ‘Game’ can begin, the other players must be informed of the changes. Likewise, it would also be best for all the players to know of each other. That is a rule that has not changed. While you may hide your tactics and skills, it is only fair that, in a game that places the lives of the entire world at stake that those in control should be aware of whom else bares the same burden. Still, that can be saved for another time. For now, as a new player and as one who split their very being into two, it would be best to be rested. It would not do to fall asleep while meeting with your competitors. Likewise, a little time to let the information settle will help. Worry not, for only once you are all ready shall the ‘Game’ begin anew.


Rozyus: Hm, I believe that would be best. At least, for now. Splitting oneself is quite tiring…. Well, until the next summoning. Adieu.


--- Unknown Location ---


*With Rozyus gone from the realm, the moderator did not move away from the ‘Game’ table just yet, eyeing the piece on the board which housed a part of The Boy’s soul, a faint, thoughtful frown on his face. It was while he was in deep contemplation that two other figures materialised into the realm. There was no need for alarm, however. The moderator knew exactly whom it was that had entered, for there were only three, now four, who could enter this particular place*


Voice 1 - The Moderator: Welcome back. Please be sure to familiarise yourself with the changes. As you may be able to gather, this ‘Game’ is no longer a two player contest.


Voice 2: Hm…..So she did decide to join in then. I’ll be somewhat honest, I’m surprised. But at the same time, I can understand why she felt so driven to take part.


Voice 3: It wasn't much of a choice now was it? But still, our current play style will not be as effective now that this is no longer a game of fate and will… we have to factor in ‘Destiny’. It’s fair to say that the implications of this change calls for another all on its own. The rules have been rewritten, and so too must be the way in which we strategize, no?


Voice 2: Hm….a choice which is not a choice at all, huh? Seems that way for all of us in this case, considering we are essentially beginning from zero. Yet at the same time, this may become more interesting.


*Voice 2 approaches the board and leans over, scanning it for a moment as he walks around. As he approached his throne, he made note of the cards that scrolled in front, his eyes flicking from cards to the bard, mentally correlating the connections in the new set up. However, upon his eyes landing on one particular piece on the board, he paused.*


Voice 2: ….A moment, if you please. Perhaps I am mistaken, but….if we now have a new player…..why is that piece there? Could it be that she….?


Voice 3 carefully approaching the board to where ‘Voice 2’ was eyeing*


Voice 3: It would appear so. That child wishes to be both piece and player…. Quite audacious, yet foolhardy. It will make this game far more diff-


*Voice 3 pauses for a moment, gazing at The Boy’s set up - an army with fifty pieces?  Pieces that, at first glance, seemed like a patchwork band of soldiers hastily gathered together for no rhyme or reason. Voice 3 pondered for a moment before sighing*


Voice 3: perhaps it was a bad decision introducing them to this game….  


Voice 2: Perhaps, perhaps not. I think you may underestimate your child. But I’m sure that we’ll find out soon enough. If she wasn’t meant to be in this game, she will be forced to retire from the game. If she is worthy, she will do well. Either way, I believe she’ll surprise us. For now though, you should worry less for Rozyus, and more for resetting your own pieces. After all, if we wish to start again soon, we should be prepared.


The Moderator: It also allows the poor souls you have so recklessly used some time to rest, wouldn’t you say?


Voice 3: You’re the last person I wish to lecture me, ‘Voice 2’. But yes, Moderator, you’re right. Perhaps it is time we restart this story with a new cast once more, letting old dogs lie and the new generation pick up the pieces.


*With a swift motion of her hand, ‘Voice 3’ carefully selects her new deck, skillfully laying out her forces on the board. With some familiar faces and some newer pieces on in hand. Not about to let Voice 3 have the upper hand on selection of people, Voice 2 takes his own throne and begins to select his own pieces, even though at one point his pauses, looking thoughtfully at the pieces he had selected, mind already spinning out a few strategies, somewhat inspired now the game had begun anew. Oh, the possibilities….*


Voice 2: *Placing down several of his own selected pieces* All that being said, how long will his hiatus be? After all, if nothing else, it would only be fair to greet the new combattant before it begins again. How long is the appropriate time to let our armies rest in this instance? After all, they are people with their own wills. If left to their own devices for too long, it wouldn’t be strange for any of them on any side to strike out by themselves.


The Moderator: On estimate, I would say between four to five months. Not only would it allow Rozyus to finish training, it would also allow all three of you to familiarise yourselves with the new set up. In that time, it would also permit the soldiers to rest, and, if handled correctly, the armies will use the ceasefire wisely to restock, to heal their injured - you’ve used them all unceasingly that all sides are exhausted. Of course, people will still be people, there is always a chance one or two may try something, but it should not be long enough to cause anyone to restart the war before everyone is prepared.


Voice 3: That’s fine by me, and, in the meantime, until the five months have passed, shall we agree that there will be no manipulating the other parties Heros? I doubt anyone wants a repeat of last time…. I still haven't forgiven a certain someone for that last incident. It was uncalled for and it was one hell of mess to clean up.


*Voice 3 glares intently at Voice 2.*
Voice 2: A war is a war. At the time, there was nothing saying that we could not target them. They were, after all, leaders in an army. Is it not a strategy to cut the head off the snake to cause the body to fail? Though, to be fair, what caused the key to the mess in the first place was not directly my doing. Still, this is a ceasefire time. No one will be targeted through my manipulations until the game begins again. Before we restart, we can be sure to finalise those rules. It would not be fair to set things in stone without all sides being present.


Voice 3: *Growl* Listen to me and listen well ‘Swine,’ you hurt my child in anyway shape or form. I will make you wish for death. Immortality is is both a gift and curse dear, remember that.


Voice 2: I promised you what I promised. I can do only what I promised. If your child is foolish enough to enter a lion’s den, then your child will be free game as any other soldier. Just remember, you are the one who made them your hero. That just means that you are also the one who placed them on the front lines. Don’t make them a peice in your game if you don’t want them at risk. You are just as responsible for any ‘fate’ they may have as I. Just remember that while you speak so high and mightily, my dear.


Voice 3: Touch my baby and I WILL make you suffer swine! That's my only warning….


*Voice 3’s eyes began to flicker a faint glow, as her presence begins to drop.*


The Moderator: ENOUGH! Are the two of you mere squabbling children? If the three of you make the last rules finalised between yourselves before the war begins, then there will be no need for this idiocy. If he were to break the rules, then you would be within your rights to fulfil that threat, but if those rules are not in place, he and Rozyus, should he so choose have the right to go after your hero. Be sure to finish the rule negotiations in these next few months. See this as a motivation to be ready for the Game’s new beginning. Until then, cease this bickering. Am. I. Clear?


Both Voices: Sir….


--- Inari’s Tent, Main Camp ---


*Meanwhile, Inari was sitting on the end of their bed, absently flicking through some of the paperwork that they had. While they had promised to stay with Rozyus - they certainly didn’t wish to leave him alone when he was so weakened - they couldn’t not do their work. While it wasn’t quite the same as organising things personally, they did need to work through some of the more intricate delegations, including sending messengers to the village so they would at least be aware of why the constructions would be taking place. They also sent one of their servants to the kitchens to get food that would help Rozyus to regain his energy a little faster than just through sleep. If nothing else, once he woke up, he would be ravenous.


Soon enough, a person dressed in white robes with fox ears entered the room, placing a tray on the table and bowed to Inari, before transforming into a white fox once more. Smiling, Inari reached over to pet their friend, before letting the creature dart away once more.
With the servant gone, Inari glanced at their lover, rather surprised he had yet to stir at the scent of food. A little concerned, Inari slipped up the bed, gently poking Rozyus in the side*


Inari: Rooooooooozy. Are you awake?


*With a weak kick to Inari’s side, The Boy stirred slightly*


Rozyus: NO! I’m sleep… Can’t wake me.


Inari: No? How strange…...Oh well, I suppose I’ll just have to go eat this delicious looking baklava all by myself then….


*As if mimicking the rising dead, The Boy rises from the bundle of blankets sniffing the air for the sweet aroma*


Rozyus: Just so you know I’m sleep sniffing, eating then sleeping again….


*Stuffing his face full of the pastry  and licking his fingers of the crumbs. Laughing, Inari turns so they are laying on their stomach, propping their cheeks with their hands*


Inari: Is that what they call it these days? My my, perhaps I should have kept up to date with Somnus on such things. I’m sure he would have told me all the new things one can do while sleeping. You must teach me your secrets, my love.


*Giving the Child a blank look, The Boy settles back in the bed, still exhausted, but now with slightly more energy that before.*


Rozyus: Dummy! Bully! Meany ‘Nari…. Well, anyway, thank you for the snack…. Not like I was craving it or anything…. But thanks. I should probably get up soon it’s almost Ōmagatoki.


Inari: Indeed it is. You have slept quite a while. Thankfully, my servants have not seen any particular dangers, but I will be required to attend some last minute meeting with a few of the ayakashi that I’ve employed to aid in constructions, along with several from other pantheons as well. Will you also be attending? Or will you be busy with…ah….beginning preparations for your training?


Rozyus: well… i have a meeting with Sayo, in the morning but the rest of the time i’m free. *seductive tone* Would it be asking too much for you to finish up quickly so we could spend some quality time together befor were parted for a while?  


Inari: Well, if you like, you can accompany me? If nothing else there may be people who you might be interested in meeting yourself. But I believe that the meeting shouldn’t last too long beyond that


*He nods to the papers he had been working on*


Inari: I made sure that they have all the details they’ll need in there.


Rozyus: Brilliant! Then that means I’ll be having my fill of you the rest of the time  *Pounce* I can't wait!


[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment