Wednesday 5 April 2017

Seeds of Disaster pt 2




Boy [Inner Thoughts]: W-why is this happening? What’s going to happen to me… Everything sounds so muffled, I… I!!!

Child: …..Love, if nothing else, can you believe in me? I made you a promise, didn’t I? I have something to give you. For me to do that, we need to get through this together. I will never let you falter. No matter what.

Boy [Inner Thoughts]: I'm making them worry... No, I shouldn't freak out. Not in front of them. I can't be so transparent, not here. I need to leave.  I need to go!


Boy: O-ok… but… but right now, I think I need to be excused… I want to be alone…to collect my thoughts, that is.

Child: I….I see. When you’re done, meet me back at my tent, OK?

Boy: …I’m sorry….

Boy [Inner Thoughts]: My love, I’m sorry... I’m about to become a liability, I can feel it….

*The boy makes his way out into the campsite, heading in the direction of the Child’s tent.*

Boy [Inner Thoughts]: My body feels like static, and, is it just me, or is time moving slowly? Is this the effect of this ‘Seed?’ they were talking about? Or… is my sanity finally slipping away? Rather, is it the first thing to go? Pitiful. I don’t know anymore, but this fear… no, apprehension I can feel... it’s eating me alive. Why do I feel so heavy all of a sudden? I-I need to make it back to the tent… I’ll be safe there, right?

Boy: I just need rest, that's all. I’ll be fine?

*Finally entering the tent, the boy collapses on the makeshift bed. Cloaking himself in the master's robe, in hopes that would steady his nerve some, he begins to drift into slumber.*

*While the Boy struggles with the revelations of the ‘Seed’, back at the Food Tent, the Child was gathering more information, in hopes of preventing the manipulation of their loved one’s emotions, and those of their comrades*

Venus: I think it might be best to approach this a lover, rather than a ‘master’ in this situation. It’s what’s best for his current condition. Oh! Don’t force anything, either, from yourself or him. I’ll also prepare a heavenly spring - use it to relax and purify yourselves. It might help in taking the edge of things. Besides, I can make it ‘romantic’, to try and take you minds off things for now.  Leave the brunt work to us. We talk to you telepathically when we have any updates. I think doing all this should help. But only time will tell.

Child: Thank you, Mistress Venus. I’ll see what I can do. Though…..ah, don’t bush too much on the emotions right now. I imagine that he’ll be keeping a metaphorical eye on that. But a little atmosphere never hurts. Anyway, I’ll be awaiting your message. Until then, I’ll see if I can’t help [Boy’s Name]. As Always, your help is appreciated, Mistress Venus, Master Ares.

*With an elegant bow to both gods, the Child leaves the tent in search of the Boy*

*Looking around the site with concerned eyes, the Child couldn’t see a trace of the Boy. However, they were not one to give into panic, as much as they might want to. Taking a breath, the Child considers the options*

Child [Inner thoughts]: Despite the fact we have spent a long time away from each other, Kuro has given me enough updates, I’ve seen him through Kuro, too. I know he still holds some old habits, even though he’s grown since the last time we were face to face. Whenever troubled, He retreats to a place he feels safe. Those safe places often end up being in places that I feel most comfortable in. At the camp….

*Feeling confident in their deductions, the Child makes their way to their tend and, carefully, pull back the tend doors to see, gratefully, that they were correct. However, seeing the boy looking so despondent in their collapsed state, they sigh softly, approaching quietly and sitting beside the bed, glancing at the boy for a moment. Then reaches over, running their hand through his hair. However, they know not to push. As such, they say nothing, just offering their steady, quiet support, that, whatever happens, he was not alone*

Boy: M-master? Is that you? It’s your scent, right?

*Tears begin to flow like a mighty river*

Boy: W-why are you here? You were supposed  to be wi-

Child: Where I’m supposed to be, is by your side, Love. I’ve said before, haven’t I? No matter what, I wish to remain by your side. And, until you feel strong enough to face the world again, I will be the shelter in the storm, and your rock to steady you.

*The boy dove into the Child’s arms. Still blinded by his own tears, worries and fears, he sobs softly*

Boy: I’m at peace with you, but, like this, I’ll become a burden. Now more than ever… the thought of it is too much to bear, this ache in my heart is killing me. I don’t know what to do, I…. please end this! Save me, I!

*The boy, realises just how much he’s beginning to unravel, and, at the same time, he can feel the world beginning to spiral around him, and he start to violently treble*

*In response, the Child quickly drags the boy to them, holding them tightly and pressing their face against his neck*

Child: You will never be a burden! And you are not alone! You will be saved! But to do that, you cannot give up hope! I will never let you fall! So, even if you can’t believe in anything else, believe in me! When all you see is darkness, let me be your light. When you feel like you’re drowning, let me be your air. When you feel weak, let me be your strength. But no matter what happens, know this - with us, together, you are saved!

*The boy, relaxing slightly, grips on to the Child’s robes, holding onto the other’s warmth. Slowly, the world becomes stable again, and the boys breaths become slightly labored as fatigue sets in.*

Boy: Master… I feel so tied…. Why do I at ease when you speak such words…? When you hold me close like this…? The air feels so heavy here… Is this heaven or hell, Master? I don't even know, but I just want this hell to end. S-so….

Child: Death is lighter than a feather, and life is heavier than any mountain. It is a weight we must all bear, but bear it alone isn’t something you need to do. I will be with you, always. *lightly, they brush the boy’s cheek* What ‘this’ is, we’ll make together. Even if it feels heavy now, together, we can transform it into something much lighter. Will you stay by my side until then? And, will you remain with me, to see the dawn of that new light, and long beyond?

*With sleepy eyes, the boy feebly nods, his grip slowly weakening, still anchoring himself in his lovers arms.*

*Smiling, feeling as if some unseen danger had passed, The Child carefully scoops the Boy into their arms and gently nuzzles his cheek with their own*

Child: Come, let us cleanse ourselves and relax, so that when we lay down to sleep together, your dreams with be of far more pleasant things.

*Holding them tenderly, as if they were the world’s most precious treasure, the Child carries them to the place where Venus had assured him there would be a divine cleansing pool. With tender, caring fingers, they took care of their loved one, preparing him and lowering him into the water. Acting almost as if they were the loving attendant of the boy, the Child helps to cleanse him, the boy forever being his first priority. Even as he cleaned them with the pure waters, the Child would whisper sweet nothings to the boy, to remind him that they were their, that they would never be alone, that he was loved, that he would always be loved*

*Slowly the boy began regaining some of his vitality, partly due to the water, but mostly due his Lover's care.*

Boy: I feel bad - I'm the one who should be taking care of you, not the other way around. But, thank you, Master. I… I appreciate it and I'm sorry for losing my composure for a moment.

Child: Never feel sorry, my love. Today I act, not as your master, but as one who would hope to spend the rest of their lives by your side. *They gently rest their head on top of his* And, this has been a shock for us all. We….both needed this, I think. Besides, why would it ever bother me to care for you in your time of need, when you have so often taken care of me in mine?

*A faint blush appears on the boy’s cheek*

Boy: H-had you said that to me at any other time, I would have…. Ah…. Wait, I just noticed what's up with this atmosphere? Is it just me or is it kind of….

*The boy discreetly attempts to create a small distance between them*

Child [Inner Thoughts]: told you he’d notice, Venus. I know my love better than anyone

Venus voice: Oh come now, like you said, ‘love and war go hand in hand’, no? What’s wrong with indulging yourselves every now and then? Oh and I also made the walls soundproof, so enjoy! Fuhuhuhu

*They close their eyes and just force the Boy to stay put for the moment*

Child: Just a moment, ok? I….*They take a breath* I was….more frightened than I thought I’d have been. Give me a moment? Please?

Boy: You were fearful my Love? What of?

Child: Mm….Of many things. That I had failed to assure you, that I might not be strong enough, that the enemy would hurt you in a way I couldn’t fight. But you, you were so strong. I know that together we can certainly overcome this, now. But even so, it was certainly a surprise for me, too, what He has done. So….perhaps I just thing, just a little closeness now might reassure us both. *They gently nuzzled the boy’s hair* I always feel better when you’re here. Like I can face anything with you by my side.

Boy: Truthfully, my love, I’m scared, too. It was not strength that I had…. It was fear. My fears of disgracing you, this mask that I wear is only so I don't sully your name…. The fact that we're here, together, is both a miracle and a taboo, so I do my part so as not to disgrace you. But truthfully, I'm as frightened as a child. I'm scared of losing you, in one way or another. But, but I still want to stand by you. I want to love you and be stronger. It’s why I worked so hard with my training. But now this... *Grits teeth* I have to find away to keep my emotions in check so, maybe, they're onto something with the plan they're using. It's not quite there yet - something feels a little off about it. If we can figure out what's missing, then we might have a way to stop or, at the very least, weaken his grips on us.

Child: So, we’re both scared, but, together, it seems we stand the highest chance to change the course of His plans. *They sit back a little, but keep their hands on his shoulder, to reassure the boy and himself* Still, if you think something is missing from the plan, then I believe you. You are stronger than you think, if you could sense that even when in shock and pain. This is probably the biggest lead we have. As for keeping yourself in control, we can work on that. Master T seems to be working on something, and, in the meantime, meditations have always been good to calm and sort through emotion. We may be scared, but we can overcome this, I know we can *They give the Boy a wide, trusting smile* I believe in us both, my love. Always.

*Enchanted by their smile, the boy gives the Child a brief kiss*

Boy: Yeah… I believe in us, too, so let's give this all we have *Wrapping arms around the Child's neck*

Child: *Pulling the boy in closer* Everything and more, my love, everything and more.

*With that, they capture the boy’s mouth in another, lingering kiss*

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment