Sunday 19 February 2017

When I Get Lonely



--- Unknown Location ---

Servant: Young master, you only need to speak to her briefly….

Boy: I know. Show my face ‘n leave. I have no intention of staying longer than I have to.

*The boy enters the Mother’s chamber.*

Mother: Good evening, dear. How does the day find you?

Boy: …. Is there anything you need, mother, or did you summon me just to waste my time? If not, then I think I’ll resume my training.

Mother:... Is it wrong of me to check up on the welfare of my child?

Boy: Heh! You want to know how I’m doing after you caused me to separate from them…?  I’m fine! If that is all, I believe I will take my leave.

*The boy exists the room, swallowing the rest of his thoughts and dashing to his room, his furry companion greets him at the door*

Boy: Oh, hey, Kuro…

*The boy pets his furry companion before walking into his chamber. Looking over at his lovers kimono, he drapes it over himself and perches by the window to gaze at the stars. The cold wind blows through the room, whipping the flickering candles to and fro. Slowly the boy’s eyes fill with tears*

Kuro: yip, yip!

*The boy seems to drown out all noise, focusing on fighting the tears that threaten to fall. Seeing that the boy would not react to Kuro as it wishes, the furry companion sits on its hunches with a huff for a moment, before cocking it’s head, as if listening to something that no one else could hear. With a nod, Kuro stands up once more and begins to approach the Boy. However, as it walks closer, the furry companion’s form begins to shift. Instead of an animal, the form of a person takes its place. The person’s form settles as they come to a stop in front of the Boy, the form resembling the Child in every way but hair colour. The hair, instead of pure white, is instead the deepest black that the furry companion’s pelt had been*

*The Child(?) leans over slightly to where the boy is perched, and began to speak sadly.*

Child(?): My love, you know I hate it when you are sad. Will you not smile for me?


*Franticly, the boy snaps his head round to see if his ears have deceived him*

Boy: N-n... Have I fallen that far into despair and madness that I now see visions of my desire? What a despicable creature I’ve become. Heh, I must truly be the embodiment of madness. My love is not here, yet… yet….

Child(?): *Placing their hands on their hips with a huff.* Truely, does it seem as though I am joking, my love? After all, if you were merely seeing things, would you not see me as I was when I was forced to leave your side? No, you are not seeing things. Did I not tell you before, the reasons why I made this creature for your sake? That, no matter what, we would always be able to speak with each other, even if we are separate?

Boy: … But, when I try and find time to contact you, you’re always in conferences. I can't disturb you, so I… Besides, how are you here? How could you be here and not here? Was Kuro not by me?

Child(?): Truly, you are stubborn, my love. But, if it would convince you, take my hand.

*Reaching out, the Child(?) takes the Boy’s hand and places it to their cheek with a smile.*

Child(?): Could something this solid truely be a figment of the imagination? No, my dear, this is the purpose of Kuro. Kuro is my vessel. Why else would I be able to feel, to see, to experience all that Kuro could, if we didn’t have this connection? When needed, Kuro can house my consciousness, allow me to take my form in him, so that I might be by your side, whenever you need me, no matter the distance between our physical selves. Did I not promise to be by your side whenever you need me?

*the boy with tears in his eyes, finally falling like endless rain finlay give in to his emotions. He clutches onto the Child, holding the almost too tightly. Before falling to his knees.*

Boy: How could I call you, when I promised to be good and wait…? How could I speak to you, when doing so makes me want to run to you, wanting me to drag you back here? Though I may only be half, I’m still a god. With what little pride I have, I must be refined. I shouldn't let my emotions take control. That's why I havent tried to contact you. Why…? Why did you have to appear before me now…? Why…

Child(?): If gods were meant to be emotionless beings, we would have all have come into being without emotions. It is true that, as beings, we are more perfect than humans, but there is no such thing as a perfect god, or perfect being. Is not even Mother flawed, one who governs the tides of fate? No, I would never ask of you to suppress your emotions. And besides….

*The child gently runs both hands over the Boy’s cheeks, wiping the tears away*

Child(?): I am a selfish being, my love. My pride has not your strength, even if I am fully divine. You are my strength to keep fighting, to do what is right. I am a weak being, that I must see your face again, that I must touch you, and hold you, so that I might stay strong and do what I must, to create a future where you and I will never be separated again.

Tears begin to well in the Child’s own eyes as they rest their forehead against the boy’s, a weak smile on their lips.

Child(?): I missed you…...so much that it is like a physical wound. I missed you far more than my heart could take. Forgive my weakness….

Boy: There's nothing to forgive…. I’m the same, my dear husband…. I’m the same!

*With baited breath, the boy holds the child close to their heart, sobbing quietly, then slowly planting an airy kiss on the child’s lips. For a time, nothing else is said, as they merely hold each other, wishing for no part to be separated, interspersed with desperate kisses born from loneliness and relief at the brief respite to their solitudes. The Child, after some time, gently wipes the tears away once again, placing a somewhat more gentle and chaste kiss to the Boy’s lips*

Child(?): I have missed your voice. Speak to me. Tell me of tidings from home. What have I missed while away at war?

*The boy stays quiet for a moment, thinking what to say, then slowly opens his mouth*

Boy: the tree… the cherry tree we planted as children bloomed for the first time. I wanted to show you it when you returned. But… im sorry its not an interesting topic, i have so much to tell you, that i want to say but. Right now nothing nothing comes to mind, nothing that isn't me wanting to be where you are. I'm sorry.

Child(?): A….haha, it is indeed the same as I then. I find it difficult to think of anything else at times when I wish merely to be with you. Alas, I do need to keep my attention sometimes, else I would be fairly useless doing my mission. Still, if it wouldn’t end in my death by being too distracted, I possibly could have used it as an excuse to come home. Tell me, have you been keeping up with your training? If you wish to come here to my side, as I cannot come home to you, then your skills must be honed, so that once your time comes, you might join me.

*Gently, they run fingers over the boy’s cheeks*

Ah, my love, I begin to long for that day, even as I hope this war ends before then, so you might never be harmed. But either way, I long for the day we may be at each others side, be it through war or peace.

*The boy shudders at the Child's touch nuzzling into the child's palm*

Boy: That day may be sooner than you think, i’ve already managed to beat  uncle A in combat training and leadership. I also finished training with the gift uncle T gave me. It’s easy once i get the rhythm of it. It’s just the firearms that are throwing me off a little. I’m used to blades so the switch is a little jarring.. BUT! Im almost there, i'm not that far off my targis its just… well i'm a little experiences when they're moving i can't do it in on kill yet. Ah! Um i didn't mean to make excuses i'm gonna work hard so don't worry ok.

Child(?): *Laughing* Ah yes, moving targets are quite inconvenient. They never stay still long enough to kindly be shot. Joking aside, my love, I believe in you. I know soon enough you’ll be a good enough shot that you may put the gods of the hunt to shame. In fact, why not ask them for advice? They might be able to help you with what troubles you in long range combat.

Boy: They might need persuading… by that woman…. You know how they are and I’m in no need to speak to ‘her’. She actually wants to act like a concerned parent NOW.

Child(?): Despite separating us, she has always cared. Its unfortunate that the first casualties of war do tend to be those with close bonds, especially when one is the commander of said war. But I know your feelings about this, so I certainly wouldn’t wish to force you to believe otherwise. Still, if you think about it, see it as her making up for her mistakes so that you can be beside me sooner. I likely shouldn’t say such things, but if using her influence gets you to your goals so much faster, does not the brief discomfort become worth the effort?

Boy: I suppose….. *Sigh* But enough of that. How long do you have? Are you free for a few hours?

Child(?): Hm….

*Cocking head to one side, thoughtfully, the Child’s expression distant as the true Child is obviously checking on things on their own side. Finally they focus on the present again*

Child(?): I believe I can spare at least a couple of hours. It is late enough here that I might rest before the next phase after all, so I can spare that time before I sleep. Is there something you have in mind, my love?

*The Boy, blushing slightly, looks off to the side.*

Boy:.... Do I need to continue? Or are you not interested?

Child(?): *a mischievous smile crossing their lips* Ah, but you know I enjoy knowing exactly what is on your mind, my love. I enjoy seeing you flustered. Red is very much your colour after all.

Boy: Pervert. Bully.

*The boy mutters*

Boy: It doesn't help that the color makes you look somewhat evil when you smile like that too... Kind of a turn on….

Child(?): Ah, if you wish *leaning closer so their heads touch again, smirk still on their lips* I could play this villain of yours and kidnap you from the world for a few hours until you beg for my mercy.

Boy: … Do as you wish.

*Laughing, the child drags the boy close to them, capturing his lips with their own*

Child(?): Then you shall be my prisoner, my love. One you will wish not to ever escape from.

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment