Sunday 1 January 2017

TanraStudios' First New Year!



Tara: Hey there, Agents! Tara and Nadia here and welcome to the first blog post of 2017! Happy new year, everyone! I hope that this coming year will be a good one. I’ll admit, I haven’t really thought about any New Year Resolutions myself, though I think that doing 100% with the studio will probably be a good one, either way, and bring you guys more comics, art and enjoyment! What do you think, Nadia?

Nadia: …… You're not going to start with that ‘new year, new you’ BS, are you?

*Takes a sip of her glass*

Nadia: Coz…..everyone who say that, posts it on their timeline, etc… is gonna be right back to their old ways by the time the 15th rolls around.

*Takes another sip of her drink and sits back down*

Tara: Haha, no, not really. I suck at stuff like that. But I know that I’ll be doing my best with the comic stuff. That’s hardly a chore like…..say….losing weight or something. But….yeah….

*Looks at own figure*

Tara: I think my form speaks for itself when I say that the whole ‘new year, new you’ doesn’t last long. I’m a weak woman, I like food too much to torture myself. Lol. Though….

*Eyes Nadia for a moment, specifically at her drink*

Tara: Uh….are you still celebrating from last night?

Nadia: … Let’s agree to disagree with the comic stuff, ‘n no. I’m mourning… mourning over the sanity that was lost in 2016, my friend: we left the EU, Trump is president, the world is officially coming to an end, and I still don’t have my laptop, even though it’s been a week in the shop. When I think about that… how could I possibly be happy? *Sigh* The world really is a dark, cruel place.

Tara: Well….you know me, I tend to attempt to look at the good things (when I’m not in a panic about stuff, anyway), so I can’t say much about sanity. After all, since one of my sayings is that Sanity is overrated and everything. Most people are happy to leave 2016 behind anyway, so then hopefully after all the bad things, we can get some good karma for this year. Technology always likes to mess up, but hopefully you’ll get that back soon. So…..well, all you have to do is try to think with a little optimism! Though I guess that’s what you keep me around for, right? I shall be your big ball of optimism! :)

*Nadia stays quiet for a bit*

Nadia:  You know, there’s nothing sadder than an empty bottle of Baileys

Tara: Well, that’s true. I only got, like, one shot to greet the new year, since I was working on New Year’s Eve….Wait a minute, why didn’t you agree with me before? Do you not love me anymore. *puppy eyes* Nadia, you gotta love your big ball of optimism!

*Nadia opens a new bottle*

Nadia: I’m sorry, what did you say? I couldn’t hear ya over the baileys here. It’s singing to me right now, hahaha! Hey, it could be just me, but I think I’m a little tipsy?

Tara: Considering you finished off…..like…..that bottle mountain over there…….ya think?

Nadia: Mountain…? Pft! That’s a hill at best - I’m going for a record!

Tara: Well, if you end up with your stomach needing pumped because you have more baileys in your blood than actual blood, I’m gonna sit with you and say ‘I told you so’ in a loud, annoying voice. Then I will pun at you til you need to throw it all up again. Just FYI.

Nadia: Fine, I’ll switch to that drink we had in the States. Will that get ya of ma back? *Hick!*

Tara: Me thinks I should be hiding the Frangelico now, and maybe the rest of the Bailey’s….and maybe even the Rum, just for outdated memes sake! *runs off to do that*

Nadia: Hide it if ya wanna disappear from the world… Go head! Try it!!!!!!!

Tara: Ya gotta catch me first! ;P

*Nadia try to get up and, realising that it’s too much of a bother, drowns the rest of her bottle, glaring at Tara all the while*

Nadia: *Mumble mumble* Party pooper. Girl can’t even enjoy her mourning session over the world. She just ruining my fun. Well, at least dear, sweet Jack won’t be mean to me.

*She cracks open another bottle*

Tara: It’s gotta be bad when I’m the responsible one….? Um….well, it looks like even if I hide the alcohol Stash, Nadia’s probably got some super secret awesome hidden stash somewhere and I’d rather keep my limbs intact than try to take that off her! I like living! So….I guess we’ll be celebrating the new year in different ways! But I hope that you all have had a great New Years Eve yesterday and will enjoy 2017 to the fullest! I myself, haven’t really celebrated yet since I was working the pub job both last night and today, so I’m going to have a little belated celebration! Though I shall be the responsible one anyway, if only to make sure that the majority of the alcohol stash doesn’t join Nadia’s blood Alcohol ratio, lol!

Nadia: You saying this like I drink alllll the time an’ I’m an addict or somethin’ *Sobered up abit* Also, aren’t we forgetting something?

Tara: Nah, I just like to tease and poke fun at you. You’re the one that’s hugging the Jack Daniels over there after all. But….Uh….my memory sucks, so go ahead, what did I forget *prepares to run if it’s because she’s going to hide the main stash*

Nadia: Well, if you want some, you can. Not stopping ya. ‘N weren't we gonna say what we were gonna do this year? But, yeah, while you get yourself a drink, I’m gonna tell the peeps about what we have planned this year.

Tara: Oh yeah, that’s a good point. Making a promise to do lots of comic work will be a bit weak if we don’t back it up with what we’re actually going to be up to this year, right? OK!

*Sits back down with a bright grin*

Tara: Drinks later then! So, let’s get started on that before we get distracted again! :)

Nadia: Sure, sure.  Well then, I guess I’ll start by talking about our online situation. Hopefully when I get my damn mac back, I’m gonna be running our Youtube channel. I have the scripts already set up, its just putting things together that’s gonna be the tough part. And, people, don’t judge me on animation: I’m not an animator, I just draw the pretty pictures, people! That will probably be set up by February at latest, but I’ll keep ya’ll posted about that. But yeah.

Tara: We also have a few cons lined up for this year - we’ll be giving more info on those a bit closer to the time - and I’m also keeping my eye out for some later on in the year, too. If anyone has any suggestions on cons later in the year that we should aim for, let us know! We’ll be selling our pilot chapters for our comics there, as well as other merch too, like prints, commissions and stuff. So, that should be a lot of fun! We’ll hope to see you guys there! :) Oh, and, of course, we’ll be working hard on the next chapters for Pandora and Dreamwalkers as well.

Nadia: OK, finaly… well, for now at least, I wanna talk about our website. There’s been a lot of issues with getting people to work with us on it. The last guy we were gonna get to build it for us was going to charge us an arm and a leg for the bare bones of what we needed and, well, yeah, ain’t nooooobody got time for that! I’m still head hunting, so please be patient with that - we are doing the best we can with the small team we have. And all these things cost money, so we hope you will support us in our gofundme’s and patrion’s that we’ll be setting up once the holiday buzz dies down. I’ll be pulling out my best cards this year, too, at least get the youtube channel and the website done for you guys. Oh and Pandora’s test Trailer will be uploaded on the new youtube channel once everything is sorted out. If you like it we may - may!!!!! - get some voice actors out to do an ‘ask the character’ type thing later down the road. No promises, but it all depends. So... yeah.

Both: But anyway, till next time agents! And thanks for sticking with our madness for a full year. It’s been fun!

PS: Our next blog will be a ‘leave it in 2016’ post! Look forward to it!!!!!!

[END]

1 comment:

  1. We are organising a fantasy festival in Broadstairs. It will be on the 15th and 16th of July. You should definitely come:-D xx

    ReplyDelete