Wednesday 6 June 2018

Sweet Dreams: Lady in the Snow pt 3



Rodessa: It’s not what you said, per say, its the notion of Him being separate from you. It’s just like saying the girls are separate from me. We’re not. We’re the same person, just different people. The way you said it… it was like rejecting them...him. I’ve been reaching out to him long before I was born, I finally have you. The precious gem in my hand. Yes it’s rough around the edges, but still a beautiful and proud as it was then. And to have even itself denied it… well, that's something I cannot allow. That's all.

And in regards to you remembering everything or not, like I said, you’ll remember in time. You’ll both fuse, but you’ll still be in control. You can make of it as you will, thats all. It’s not up to me. I’ll love you regardless, ok? So, now that that's done with, let’s go to bed. I’ve been up for seventy-two hours and Hypnos is call me to the sleeping place. *Sticks Out Tongue*

*Oddly, the fact Rodessa would love him regardless...made any trepidations he might have had fade and he couldn’t help the fondness bubble inside him. Putting the now opened jewelry box on the side for now - what was inside they could explore once they had rested - they had both had a long...year and a half, honestly. Just snuggling together in sleep seemed like heaven. Once they were rested, they could look in the box together. It felt...right to do that, rather than alone. As such, he kissed her forehead*

Huxian: Sounds good to me. Mind if I join you? It might seem childish, but I missed sleeping beside you. Nothing felt right.

Rodessa: *Giggle* Cute. You know I was implying that we sleep together I don’t mind snuggling with you either way.

Huxian: Well, you were the one who said you were lacking in sleep, buuuuut….if my lady wishes, then your humble servant shall eagerly comply. Shall we?

Rodessa: *Smile* Hum~ I'd be careful throwing that word around, fluff. You never know what type of ‘Master’ a girl like me could become.

Huxian: Promises, promises. Just get over here. It’s been a long time for both of us and we’ve both been driving ourselves to exhaustion. Sleep time, me thinks.

Rodessa: *Chuckle* ‘Night, Fluff.

*The night waned on. For the first time in a long time, the two were at peace in each other’s arms, reveling in each other’s warmth until they fell into a deep slumber.

It was several hours into the night that Huxian woke to something out of place. Or rather, someone. The bed next to him was cooling, which at least clued him in it was no dream, and he could feel her presence, but…

Eyes opening, he quickly looked around the room, only to find the much missed person hadn’t gone far. A figure was rustling papers in the darkness and it was only the familiar scent that clued him in that the figure was Rodessa. Taking a breath to calm himself, he concentrated on Rodessa a little more to see she appeared to be working*


Huxian: Ro? What’re you doing…?

Rodessa: Oh, did I wake you? Sorry, I wanted to do some work before the sun rises. Don’t worry about me, you go to sleep.

Huxian: ...How long did you sleep for?

Rodessa: *Tired chuckle* Two.. Three hours, I think?

Huxian: BED. NOW. Roza.

Rodessa: I’m fine! I’m not a child who needs the hours anyway. I’ll nap again when day breaks.

Huxian: *Commanding tone* BED. NOW.

Rodessa: ….. *Sigh* Fine…

Huxian: *Sympathetic* Listen… I’ll help you in the morning. You know that anyone, even the best commanders, are far more prone to making mistakes when tired, so please, just rest for now.

Rodessa: I’m fine… I-

Huxian: In Ro language… ‘I stop when I’ve fully exhausted myself’… Right?

Rodessa: Hue, are you profiling me?

Huxian: Me? Never my lady?

*With a grin and a swift tug on the girl’s arm, Rodessa landed on top of Huxian with a sound of surprise. Using the shock to his advantage, Huxian took the opportunity to explore the girl’s body with teasing fingers. Her body shuddered almost violently at the touch, to his pleasure. She was as sensitive as always, it seemed*

Huxian: Saying that...there are other ways I could help you to sleep...

*Rodessa clung to him, as if trying to keep her sanity, biting back the urge to make noises like a bitch in heat, but her own body betrayed her, hips swaying without conscious thought, eating slowly at whatever reason she had left*

Rodessa: Hue...bad boy...y-you’re not playing - Ah! Hunnng~

Huxian: -Playing fair? If the only way to make you rest is to be underhanded about it, then so be it. I never claimed to be a fair player.

*Breathing in her scent deeply, he bucked his hips, the movement seeming to shatter whatever resistance had been left in her. Perhaps it was the length of time they’d been apart, but she was like putty in his hands, moving to his rhythm, all protests melted into needy moans*

Rodessa: Hue Ah!!!

*The girl shuddered as her body was rocked by her climax, clinging to him as if he were a rock in a storm. Arm wrapped around her waist, fingers of his free hand combing through her hair, he knew that, coupled with her previous exhaustion, she wouldn't last long. Sure enough, she collapsed into his arms, moments from sleep. Not about to let her try to pull from her rest, he continued to stroke her hair, a soft hum on his lips and a little hint of relaxing energy at his fingertips and she soon drifted into Hypnos’ embrace.

Smiling gently, he cradled her in his arms a little longer before he settled them both comfortably into the bed, tucking her under the blankets before joining her, both in the bed and in the land of dreams. Whatever it was she was working on, he would help. With fresh eyes, he would wake before her. Hopefully it would help ease off her stresses, letting her relax fully and them both to enjoy being together properly, as well as ease into the stresses of the clan chaos without burning out

The morning bird song arrived far too quickly. However, true to his mental promise, Huxian was up before the girl, reading over her notes with a critical eye. It seemed she was planning to meet with the clan’s youth. Was she thinking of setting up a court? It seemed that way to him. They were her biggest supporters right now after all.

He was soon engrossed in her work, reading through her plans, writing a few suggestions or things she might wish to consider. Her ideas were rather impressive, but with only a year and a half training she wasn’t yet experienced enough to put said ideas into action with a fully formulated plan that had back up plans in case the first fell through - no plan survives first contact with the enemy without some flexibility. Unfortunately, this was something that could only be learned through real life experience, perhaps even shadowing a veteran to see the various intricacies of politics that couldn’t be gleaned from text alone. Engetsu, as both a veterin and her father, would usually assume that role, but...with how he’d been taking things since his talk with Parame, he wasn’t sure he’d take that responsibility. Perhaps he could take her to his homeland and allow her to watch how things ran there? Of course, perhaps he was getting ahead of himself. There was a possibility he was underestimating Engetsu somewhat. In the end, it all depended on how he was when they met up that morning.*

Rodessa: Hue? Morning… Oh, what are you-?

Huxian: Morning, Rose bud.

Rodessa: Ah-! You know it’s unbecoming to read people’s work without permission.

Huxian: *Refined smile* Perhaps. However, you looked like you wouldn’t be going anywhere in the early hours. Asking for help, or at least accepting it, every now and then isn’t a bad thing and even a little outside perspective from fresh eyes can help to pick out things you might have missed. Your ideas are innovative, but are currently lacking in substance, or rather, in depth. I merely sorted through and provided a few notes from my observations. Here.  

*With an elegant motion, Huxian stood up, handing the girl the thick file.*

Rodessa: *Blush* O-oh, thank you. I’ll have a look at it now.

Huxian: *Smile* Please do.

*The girl, now seated at the desk, read thought the file, whipping out a warn notepad. To Huxian, it looked like she had used it for her research and lessons. It made him somewhat proud to see her newfound maturity. She was taking this seriously, good. That would work in her favour.

After some time had past, and  she seemed to have read the final page of the report, Rodessa leaned back in her chair, clicking her bones back into place with a stretch. She still seemed tired, though less physically, but mentally.*

Rodessa: I didn't know just how much I still have to learn… I need a lot more…

Huxian: As a dear monk once told me, one is constantly learning throughout life. To consider oneself a true master is both the height of arrogance and the beginnings of stagnancy. In this case, what you need, however, is less ‘books’ and more field experience. That is the beauty of leading a nation - there is no tried and true path, and that is where you’ll begin to find what kind of leader you truly are. Besides, it will also give us both the opportunity to see where your skill level currently is and where to improve.

*The girl looked up at Huxian, cocking her head to the side and letting out a coy expression.*

Huxian: ...What?

Rodessa: Nothing. It’s just this refined, serious side of you is quite attractive.

Huxian: *Faint smile* Well, even one such as myself has his moments.

Rodessa: *Smile* Should I reward your ‘Moment’ of refinement?  

Huxian: Oh? What would my lady have in mind?

*The girl didn’t reply. Instead, she looked into his eyes as she slowly stood, sensually moving towards him in a familiar rhythmic pattern, wrapping her arms around him, her body pressed close to his*

Huxian: *Soft growl* You… Vixen….

Rodessa: I’m rewarding my Lord’s good work. Does this displease you?

*Pressing even closer, close enough they could feel each other’s hests rise and fall with every breath, Rodessa’s leg wrapped around his waist. Without even thinking, Huxian’s grip on her tightened, other hand sliding down to her rear. Trying to keep her composure, Rodessa rubbed their noses together as his fangs nipped and grazed her soft lips, her voice a purr.*

Rodessa: *Wanton expression* T-there’s still time before we need to return. Shall we become reacquainted with each other before we return home?

Huxian: *Deeper growl* I’m looking forward to it my lady.

*Her lips quirked at his reply, obviously the one she wanted, though the triumph was short lived as her lips were soon claimed by her lover, stealing the breath from her lungs and any words she had. Words weren’t needed, after all. Instead, she rocked against him, her body teasing his as he rubbed against his, between the heat of his body and the warmth of his hands, running over her rear, squeezing the soft flesh and kneading it under his fingertips in a way that sent little sparks of electricity through her. His other hand, which had grasped her as if afraid he might somehow scatter into a million pieces if he didn’t soon began to join in, drifting down her back, her arms, her sides, sliding between them to trail over the soft mounds and tweaking at the raised skin. Determined to give as good as she got, Rodessa explored in return, running over hard muscles, through silken hair, rubbing at soft ears enough to make him shudder, trailing nails softly down his back to entice shivers, even as they continued to allow their tongues to dance between them until they had to part for air. Even then, they wasted no time, running breathy kisses and nips over jaw, neck and shoulder, every shuddering gasp another breath of each other’s intoxicating scent and grinning a heady victory with every gasp or growl or moan that broke from the others lips. There was no rush, no need, simply a desire to remind themselves of what they had missed, explore hat was new or changed and everything cululating into carrying each other to that intoxicating high that only each other could bring, only their promise preventing each other from going that final step.

Finally, the two, knowing that they had other things they needed to do that day, finished their reunion and hurriedly got ready for the day. By the time they had dressed and returned to the house, there was a faint, mouth watering scent of sesame that wafted from the kitchen*

Rodessa: That... Smells good, like…

Huxian: I know that smell… It’s the scent of home? Sesame soup?

Rodessa: But whose?

*Curiously, the girl pushed open the kitchen door. There, her father sood at the stove, dishing out the morning meal, to their surprise. It was rare to find him at the helm. Likewise it was just as rare to find the girl’s mother relaxing at the kitchen table.*

Mother: Morning lovebirds. You both seem refreshed. The dip in the pool must have helped I presume?

Engetsu: *Mutter* They did more that that there. Scent says it all.

Mother: Hm~? Did you say something dear?

Engetsu: Nothing, my love.

*Engetsu joined them at the table, sliding the bowls of sesame soup to the three waiting there, one more for himself, before he placed one last thing on the table - a large, somewhat familiar folder that the girl had given to him the night before, a bright red ‘REJECTED’ stamped over the top.*

Rodessa:...Morning Mother. Father.

Engetsu: I believe I told you that I expected perfection. Yet what you gave to me was this weak excuse of a proposal. You wish to ‘speak with the headmen’ - what a joke. Do it over and have it done by this evening. Do not disappoint me more than you already have.

Rodessa: TISK! … Yes sir….

*Not even touching the bowl, appetite lost, the girl stiffly collected the folder before disappearing back into the house. Holding back a sigh - he supposed he hadn’t misjudged the situation after all, he collected both his bowl and the bowl for Rodessa, intending on at least being sure she didn’t neglect herself. However, he paused before he stepped out, looking back at his old friend*

Huxian: Enj-

Engetsu: I believe my child is my business. Do not interfere.

Huxian: *Sigh* ...At least answer me this: why do you intend on being such an ass to the child you supposedly hold so dear?

Mother: That’s my question, also.

Engetsu: I assure you, the clan elders will be much harsher than I. This ‘treatment’ is a passing comment in comparison. If she can’t handle this much, then she is destined to fail.

Mother: Ah~ I see. So you’re going to play the bad guy until she grows a thicker skin. I see, I see.

Huxian: She does have good ideas-

Engetsu: You were there when I was rebuilding my clan, the struggle that we faced, all three of us. You know how stubborn these old men and women can be. Ideas do not bring peace, optimism does not bring order. Action does. And if this little concept of hers is to hold any water, she’s going to need something more than perfection. But will she be able to pull it off, that is the question.

Huxian: I see...it’s as I suspected. You’re testing her.

Engetsu: And you are the tutor.

Huxian: Hmph...very well. I’ll do my best. Oh, by the by, I’ll be taking her this weekend for perhaps seven days or so at a time, so that’ll be fine.

Engetsu: Just don’t treat her like a pampered princess. She needs to learn how tough this world can be for those who wish to fight for what they want.

Huxian: Have a little faith in me, old friend. By now you should be aware of what kind of taskmaster I am.

*With a bow, polite as a lord, Huxian left the kitchen and made his way back to the young woman’s side. After all, they had a lot of work to do and the soup wouldn’t say warm forever.

The two worked together on the next draft of the proposal. Huxian, since he hadn’t seen the initial version before then, decided to use that to help give Rodessa subtle lessons as they began to figure out what could work, what wouldn’t. In the end, by the time the second version of the proposal was finished, Rodessa had certainly experienced the first real taste of how one must face proposals, not just with personal ideals. However, Huxian had not held her hand, but had posed things in a way to make her think about what she was doing, to look at things from different angles. Huxian was quite certain that the second draft of the proposal would be a much better showcase of her skills. Though if it was perfect to Engetsu’s standards...well, they would see.

It had been nearly a day since Rodessa’s second draft of her proposal had been turned in and now the two ‘Love birds were settling into the sofa. The girl’s mother had prepared them tea, but only Huxian was awake to drink it*

Mother: Oh she’s asleep. Pity. Here.  

Huxian: *Hum* Thank you

Mother: So, how are you finding it?

Huxian: What ‘it’, specifically. There does seem to be a lot of things happening of late. I’m assuming that you mean all of it, though. Hm...where to even begin…? Well...I suppose if you mean in terms of our relationship, I think that she’s been feeling better about it now the threat and pressure of marriage is off the table, but I think there is some guilt in there, not really helped by Engetsu’s attitude.

I know Enji, he means well with this ‘test’ of his, and honestly he has a point about the clan elders. One can’t become a leader without having a thick skin to take criticism or ridicule, but I think it does play on her mind that this situation is the result of her choice, rather than it being the culmination of many problems that started with the clan’s stubborn attitude towards their situation that the’ve become stagnant, to Engetsu himself failing in following through with his own responsibilities, to, well, a lot of things.

It’s done wonders for her work drive to change the clan for the better, but Rodessa’s yet to really find a good balance between when one must work and when one must rest. Part of it is purely due to lack of actual working experience, but I’m hoping to rectify that. I think that if she can see actual live politics occuring, she might gain a better understanding. It’s not a place she’d be ‘coddled’, but she would at least be able to get her feet wet without accidentally sending the clan into civil war. She was serious about it before, but with the proposal rewrite, I think she’s beginning to truly understand what she needs to look at. I’m glad - it’ll make the trip for her just that much more invaluable.

Mother: *Mutter, nudge nudge* Be honest with me, you just want more alone time with her, right? I'm right, aren't  I~?

Huxian: Well, I can’t say that there isn’t benefits, but I assure you that is very much secondary. Neither of us, but especially her, would appreciate it if this only ended up as a getaway. After all, Rodessa is well aware that her success would benefit us, too, in the long run. That is they key.

Mother: *Chuckle* Oh, I understand completely. I’m glad she’s taking this seriously. Instead of being a powerless child, she is actively doing something... funny how a little over a year can change children so much… she’s grown up right under our noses, huh?

*Knowing eyes* You both seem to be getting closer... Oh, and if you do decide to, you know, ‘sew your seed in her flower bed’….Just know, I'm still far too young to be a grandmother, ok? *Wink*

Huxian: I think neither of us are quite ready for that just yet, my friend. Though honestly, you’ll always seem far too young to me for that. Imagine all those jealous people, though.

Mother: Pft! No need to flatter me hun, I’m already on your side. But that's one thing that intrigues me, you say marriage is off the table and yet… That ring. You and I both know it's not a promise ring. You might want to get that dum-dum’s consent before you steal his pup away. *Grin*

Huxian: Of course. I’m not a thief. Though with his current attitude, it does make approaching that somewhat difficult. Rodessa’s not the only one to feel some responsibility for the mess Engetsu’s got us into… *Sigh*

Mother: Understandable~ In regards to that half wit, as annoyed as I am, I think he may have a point. We’ve been pampering her to an extent, but also~ she’s part of that clan… she needs to be there she needs to know her people and her costumes. For that, we’re going to need that boy.

Huxian: Ah, you’re referring to Lord Nikoli.

Mother: Indeed. Listen, I know you and that boy don’t see eye to eye, but… if you want insight into the the Ashu-Wahari, both youth and elders, along with their culture, he is you best bet.

Huxian: To be fair, I do acknowledge him as someone with potential. Other than his temper and occasionally his attitude to Rodessa, I actually had no personal quarrel with him. I’m also not one to waste resources just over a few personal issues. So long as he can be enticed into aiding me, likely through suggesting it as a benefit to the clan or something unrelated to anything personal, or perhaps making it more about Rodessa than myself, then the insight would be a welcome.

Mother: *Hum, Nodding head*  If you both work well you’ll be able to get a stronghold on the youth, particularly. They currently out rank the elders by numbers alone. Get them on your side and you have a foothold in the clan. You only need Fifty-One percent of the elders to be on your side and then you’ll be able to influence the rest of the people and over turn a few laws. I suggest you do that without Roza. If she’s there, then that temperamental pup wont function. And with saying that, I’ll leave you now. I’ll call when dinners ready, good luck.

Huxian: Until then.  

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment