Wednesday 1 August 2018

Would You Like To Go Back? Your Dream Or Mine? Pt 3



Rozyus: *Chuckle* Well, I have to get back. Break time is almost over, I should get going. Goodbye my love.

*The boy kissed Huxian’s lips before disappearing in a wave of flower petals.*

Huxian: *Scratching head* That….well, that at least confirmed what I thought - that dream had just seemed too real. Coupled with the coat and the message from V - that obviously had to be Venus. Though….why now? It’s been so long since that happened...Not to mention I didn’t even know Rozyus could part from her the way Puppy and Thorn used to...Considering that...I didn’t know any of them could any more...Even so...the Gods are interfering...and with us two specifically. But why? Why now? Is it something to do with what Parame said, way back then? ‘She doesn’t have time’...was she...not referring to the that day at all?

*A odd sound and the feeling of air blowing his still damp hair interrupted his increasingly worrying thoughts, a shiver running his spine. Startled, Huxian looked up to find a pair of judging eyes...and a hairdryer.*

Huxian: Father?

Monk: *Shaking head* ...Nothing. Come boy. Leaving wet hair causes illness and at this moment you need all the health you can get.

*He had a point. The barrier he was maintaining already took up huge amounts of energy. Even so, it had been a long time since the Monk had done it for him - was it when the Monk was still living, and not a guardian spirit? Whenever it was, Huxian knew that the last time it was done he had been feeling just as worried and conflicted as he was then. Perhaps it was just the Monks way of getting him to sit still and his mind away from such thoughts…? Even so, that didn’t quite match the look he had in his eyes...

Shaking off his reminiscing, Huxian shuffled slightly so that the Monk could better reach him, trying not to wonder how much energy and control a ghost needed to move things like a poltergeist, instead glancing out of the corner of his eye where he knew the ghost was lingering*

Huxian: I get the feeling you have something else to say than that.

Monk: Oh? Now you wish for me to embark my wisdom?

Huxian: *Sigh* Father….

Monk: Very well...I’ll return to the subject that you usually do your best to ignore, but it is related - What the young man had said to you...his explanation certainly helps to prove my point, and yet that alone will not make you move. I wonder...hypothetically, if the girl were to be seduced by another man, what will you do? You would have no right to say anything.

*Huxian lowered eyes to his lap, fingers twisting in the fabric of the blanket beneath him*

Huxian: Fine...Since you won’t drop the matter….what makes you think that I have any say on her heart now? How can it truly be called love, or fair to her, if I would forever be searching for someone who doesn’t exist any more?  Even if she were to fall for me yet again, If all I see is someone else, that would be a lie, and would only lead to misery…

*Sad smile* In that case….wouldn’t it be better if one of us gets the chance to be happy, rather than either of us?

*Huxian sighs, drawing up his knees, wrapping arms and tails around himself as he rested his face against them, trying not to feel small*

Huxian: If she can be happy with another, who cherishes her the way she should, then I wont say a word. I’ll keep doing what I always promised her. I’ll stay with her and protect her, until she doesn’t need me any more or my time in this plain runs out. That’s all.

Huxian [Inner Thoughts]: It’s all I deserve anyway….

*His thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a near feral scream which was certainly not his own*

Venus [Voice]: *Furious* Are you. Fucking. Kidding me!!!!!! Right, we’ve taken two steps forward and gone a mile back! Did your dream mean nothing?! Ahhhhhh! He pisses me off sometimes! Mother! Handle this before I beat him into his next nine lives! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

Voice: *Soothing* Calm down, love.

*A moment later, there was a flash of light and the bed beside Huxian dipped as the familiar form of Parame came to rest at his side, seemingly ignorant, or not at all bothered by the state of undress the man was in, her eyes meeting his as Huxian found himself reluctantly looking up to her in acknowledgement, even if part of him wanted to turn back into a fox and cower, half expecting a similar rage in Parame. However, her eyes were gentle, as if sensing his conflict*

Parame: My boy, despite her anger, she does have a point, especially regarding...

Ecos of the past:

‘Stop separating the two, we are the same person’

‘Are you serious, *Chuckle* OK then. Hypothetically, if I were to forget you, I don’t think my feelings towards you would change. I mean, I am your stalker after all hahhaa! But, seriously, its you we’re talking about. All you would need to do is seduce me and... well, being you I don’t think that would be hard, now would it?’

‘But, if it is too hard, at least tell me you love me once, and kiss me…. I think that would be enough to bring me back to you. Anyway, what brung this up? I’m not going to leave you, dummy. Even in death, I’m still going to stalk you, hahaha!’

*Remembering the conversations, Huxian flinched a little, tucking his head back in his arms and knees once again*

Huxian:..Why fo all of you seem so invested in this? I failed her already. So why does it seem that all of you want this so badly? I’ve cursed one to death, another to amnesia, and yet...everyone seems to keen on wanting me close again. I want to! I do! But if all I’ll do is lead her to….whatever end that’s cutting her time so short, then why?

*Tired eyes*

Huxian: You’re Fate….so I wonder, sometimes, if we really are that much fun to play with…Then I remember that...you’re….you’re not always kind, but you wouldn’t be that cruel to get personally involved if that was all you wanted from us...

Parame: While you both are my entertainment, I persionaly can only do so much.

Voice Overlapping with Rodessa’s: You seem to have a bad habit of blaming yourself for things that aren't your fault. I wonder if that's survivors guilt or something?

*Huxian flinched*

Parame: What happened back in my lands…that was set in stone. I’m sorry, but it needed to be. And, while her memories of who she once was are… for the moment, sealed, along with her powers, that will soon enough change. But, once they are back - no… even before then, are you willing to take that step as her fiance?  

There's nothing in your way but you, dear. Will you revert back to your old way, or is it that you need a child’s hand to pull you along?

Huxian: I just….

*Shaking head*

Huxian: I’m...I need to focus. Unless we want the undead to overwhelm everyone. I’m not a god, My lady. I don’t have the energy to maintain the barrier and lose my focus…*Voice lowering to near whisper* Especially when it hurts so much…

Parame: *Sigh* Stubborn as ever. No matter how many times one incarnates, the one’s core is still…  Here my boy drink this. You remember it, no?

*The goddess waved her hand, in which a small decadent bottle embellished with a peach, presented itself in front of the young man.*

Parame: Drink up. It will hold until the barrier comes down. If you need a ‘pick me up’, call and I’ll make more. Oh, word of warning, this is more concentrated than the one given to the girl, so...well, you can handle the strong stuff, right? So you’ll be fine.
*Taking a shaky breath, glad, at least, that the topic had changed and took the bottle. Considering what was at stake, any help on that front would certainly be greatly appreciated. Sitting up a little rather than being curled up on himself, he took the bottle with head bowed in thanks, before pausing*

Huxian: Will I be spending time as a child this time as well?

Parame: Well young man, you’re far older than the girl, so even if it does shave some years off you, I think you just might up the same age as her current self.

Huxian: Whether I end up a child or not is fine. Just thought it might be less shocking to have a warning. Though I suppose some might be curious to find a kit wandering around.

*Chuckling at the mental image - especially what the girls he and the agents had saved would think - he uncorked the bottle and drank deeply from it.

Monk: And if he does turn into a kit, I’ll be sure to raise him with a firmer hand this time. *To Huxian* Either way, your hair’s dry. Your meal will will be here in a moment. I’ll be taking over the meeting while you rest and I’ll present the cliff notes in the evening. Rest for now.

*The monk switched off the hairdresser and put it back in its place before the monk offered a nod to his son and faded away. The goddess gently patted his hair between where Huxian’s vulpine ears sat when visible, giving a small smile of farewell before she, too, vanished in notes of light, leaving Huxian alone in his room once again.

With a shaky sigh, Huxian allowed himself to transform back into his fox form, ignoring the fact his fur was a little poofy thanks to the blowdry and curled up on the bed once again. If he remembered rightly, what happened with Rodessa when she took the mixture, she also passed out for a while as the foreign energy began to enter her system. Better to be comfortable when he lost consciousness.

Even so, before sleep took ahold of him once more, his mind couldn’t help but wander back to what had been said.

Huxian [Inner Thoughts]: People constantly keep bringing up Rodessa recently. Father...Venus...even Parame, to the point that my dreams are affected...but...what is the right course of action here? Especially when I’m also being reminded of a lack of time...but Parame has already said that there are things set in stone that need to happen. In this case, with them all trying to influence me, this...lack of time, too, must be set in stone. But...is it because all I get close to suffer that they want me to….rethink my decision, so the event could happen? Or are we both being set up to fail? To both suffer like some old greek tragedy? Or….is it that….things could change?

*Groaning, Huxian pawed over the pillow before ducking his head under it, wanting to blot out the world a little longer*

Huxian: [Inner Thoughts]: I...I need to concentrate. I really shouldn’t be focusing on my selfish wants...even if...even if it’s been...nice...to see it all again...like she was back then. My light...

[END]

No comments:

Post a Comment