Friday 23 March 2018

Guy With A Peach Wood Sword Pt 3


---Last time---

Huxian [Thoughts]: Dammit…

Sword: *SFX soft hum*

Huxian [Thoughts]: I promise you then, your sacrifice won’t be in vein.

Sword: *SFX soft hum*

*Huxian tightened his hand on the hilt of the blade, hoping that the sword would be able to feel his sincerity through their current bond*

Huxian [Thoughts]: Thank you, my friend.

-------------

*With the voice of the sword fading once more, Huxian could only let out a quiet sigh, prying his eyes open once more. Though he knew he needed to rest, he couldn’t sleep just yet, especially with what he learned from the blade playing in his mind.

Agent 1: ….Eh Sir? Who were you talking to? You’re not going…crazy, are you? I mean I know this case is both physically and mentally taxing, but-

Huxian: If I was going to become that insane it would have happened years ago. Keep your mind on the important matters rather than on mine. I assure you, it’s nothing you need to worry over. How long do we have?

Agent 1: I.. eh… *Clears throat* Sorry sir, but it's the whole ‘using presence to sense the surroundings’ thing can't turn it off ‘til we’re in a safe zone… ha...ha… Um, oh, it's about a half hour till base.

Huxian: It’s alright. Just make sure I’m not a distraction. As it is, though, don’t worry too much about the speed limit considering there are very very few who’ll be attempting to drive around other than us. The sooner we get back, the sooner I can rest. If we need to push for the barrier for three days I need to be sure I have the energy to pull it off.

Agent 1: Ok, then I’ll switch on the radar, just in case. Hold on, I think we can make it in half the time if I push 60.

*The Agent began to press a few buttons, activating a rader donning where the other company owned vehicles were located. Along with a shortcut root for base.*

Agent 1: I must admit, it's like the start of an Zombie Apocalypse game. Protagonist alone, thriving through an abandoned city, it's far to quiet and then as they realise that something's wrong. They here the start of groning-

SFX: *Growl*

Agent 1: *Shock*

Huxian: *Light smirk* ...Thaaaat was my stomach. I demand sushi. I’m sure I could give a zombie a run for its money when I’m hungry.

Agent 1: JESUS MAN~ don't do that to me you almost gave me a heart attack!!!!

Huxian: When the stomach demands, it demands. Not my fault. Still, on the subject of Zombie Apocalypses, what’s your survival plan?

Agent 1: Stock up on food, medicine and ammo in a fortified modern day castle or mall till the undead go into black putrefaction, lead a small band of skilled medics cooks, and trupes to the next location, try and find a boat and wait it out oh and if there was a cure then find and distribute it. You?

Huxian: *Almost manic Laughter* What, you think there would actually be one anywhere near me? Hahahaha!

Agent 1: *Pft* Aren't we cocky? What if your girlfriend or wife or other people you cared about suddenly got infected? Would you have the courage to take them down or would you endanger the rest of your group? Only a small percent of people would.

*Huxian looked over to him with an almost savage smile, even if his eyes only glinted at a broken kind of pain only few lived with*

Huxian: Ha….that you even need to ask. You should know by now that I’d cull the few for the rest. Even if I have to turn my own heart to ashes.

*He closed his eyes, ignoring the faint memory that attempted to well in his mind, locking it back under every mental lock and key*

Huxian: I’m not soft enough to do otherwise.

Agent 1: How cold of you. But I guess you’re right… if… if it was for the rest of survivors… then I think I’d do the same.

Also were five minutes away now.

*Humming in acknowledgement, Huxian pulled himself together and allowed himself to transform, lounging wearilly in his seat as he waited for them to cover the last leg of distance. After all, the extra few minutes of rest was only a benefit*

Huxian: *Sleepily* Remember to pick up the sword too.

Agent 1: Yes Sir.

*with in a short time the Huxian heard that  vehicle had stopped, the sound of the door opening and closing,  he felt the slight soft sensation of being lifted into strong arms and being set down again he was now in his room sword by his side, eyes softly opening to see Agent 1 creating a digital map of the city.*

Huxian: ...Whoops. I was meant to help with that, wasn’t I?

*Tiredly blinking, he stretched himself in order to get a little closer, resting his head on the other’s arm to look at what was done so far*

Huxian: Have you got the ones from east side yet?

Agent 1:  Yep, just about done, and don't worry about it, you’re already doing the most with the barrier. I think it's only fair that I do this little task. I think I got everything. If we give them an opening in these locations, then… we’ll be able to let them funnel in right to our trap. Well let them ‘explore’ to this point with a fake life energie/ or presence, and then the traps will set them off here, I think, and-

Huxian: Huh, I’m starting to think you should have been named squad leader for this. Remind me to recommend you a promotion once this is over.

Agent 1: No that's perfectly fine, Sir. That position is faaaar~ too stressful for me. I rather not turn into a silver fox over the stress of a mission… eh, no offence.

Huxian: *Snickers* Well, not all of us can pull off the look, I suppose.

Agent 1: You know, a few years back it was a trend, but~ I’d rather not look like my father before my time…. Saying that, I’ll still dye it, too, until I start to prune. Thank heavens for the Mystic blood mother gave me, otherwise that time would come sooner than I would like, hahah!

Huxian: Ah, well. I think I’ll just age gracefully.

Agent 1: Eh… weren’t you born with gray…white? No, now that I think about it, you’re not even white, you’re this-

Huxian: *Amused smirk* Arctic blonde?

Agent 1: Uhh huh… Is that what we're calling this now?

Huxian: I dunno. I don't particularly care. Like you said, I was born this colour. ‘White’/’Grey’/’Silver’ jokes don't bother me anymore. Whatever it is, I still make it look good. *Flirty smirk*

Agent 1: Well, someone's feeling themselves. See, this is the reason why your girlfriend's always calling you this *Gestures with hands* this right here. And I thought I was bad.

Huxian: Eh, I’m sure I’ll be feeling less ‘me’ in a day or two. I’m sure you’ll look forwards to the break. And she’s not my girlfriend. *Swipes at head*

Agent 1: HUH! Wait…but the way you too act, you even have her picture and, and she a looker! You even got mad when I wanted her number….  WASTEFUL!!! What are you doing man!

Huxian: *Eyes narrow* Drop. It.

Agent 1: *Hands up, sighing* All I’m saying its clear that she’s into you. Sad…

Huxian:...

*Rather than respond, Huxian turns away, making sure to clip him as he did so, hoping that the other would take it for irritation rather than genuine upset.*

Agent 1: Ouch! Ok ok we're done here anyway. Want to visit the little girl in a bit? I ordered your chef to make you dinner. It should be here soon.

SFX: Knock Knock!!!

Agent 1: And there it is.

Huxian: It better be the good stuff.

Agent 1: Its your chef dou, shouldn't you know?

*Opening the door, Huxian sniffs the air, mouth salivating in anticipation. He transforms back for a moment to put on a certain necklace, before transforming back and hopping onto the Agent’s shoulder*

Huxian: Yes, but I’m annoyed at you. Carry me, horsey.

Agent 1: *PFT!!!* Ok ok. By the way, do you always carry that around?

*The agent pushed the cart of food and drink in the direction of the medical bay*

Huxian: Its useful as a cover story. You know how this form would make moving around difficult amongst the unaware, after all.

Agent 1: True did you bye it yourself it looks expensive.

Huxian: Nah. It was a gift. After all, if I’m going to appear as a ‘pet’ then someone needs to theoretically be the owner. It adds additional credence to the story.

Agent 1: ...It says owner Rodessa Hunter…. Your, eh… partner, and name as Mr Fluffington…. *Smothering a giggle* Cute name, ‘Mr Fluffington’. Are you sure your not-
Huxian: Finish that thought and I’ll have to test if I’m due a rabies shot or not.

Agent 1: Hahah! Sure, sure. I didn't know you two were into this type of play. *Laughing* We all have our kinks, it's fine - OUCH!

*With a quiet grow, Huxian gives him a harsh look, digging fangs in just that little more in warning before letting go of the agent’s shoulder with a huff*

Agent 1: *Pouting* Jeez, it was just a joke, no need to get huffy. Anyway, we’re here.
Huxian: You owe me a Super Deluxe Sushi after this is over.

*Jumping off the man’s shoulder, flipping the agent’s head with his tail as he did so, Huxian landed lightly on the ground and sauntered in the room, letting the agent,with his two legs and opposable thumbs, push the trolley into the room after him*

Agent 1: But aren't you about to eat… *Sigh* Never mind...

*Huxian glanced over his shoulder with a fanged grin before running into the room, jumping up onto the only occupied bed - the one with the young girl that they had brought back with them earlier. Keeping to the act that he was just an ordinary animal, Huxian sniffed around for a biit, pressing his cold nose against the girl’s arm as if looking for interesting scents or food, as pet animals often seemed to do, allowing the Agent to act as spokesperson for now. Huxian enjoyed the prank of speaking when people least expected it.*

Little Girl: Awww, Cutie!!!! Yi likes cutie!!!! So small and fluffy!!! Come here cutie!!!

*Huxian purred, nuzzling into the the girl’s tuck as she patted his head and stroked his back.*

Agent 1: You like? He's quite a handful: catching the eyes of unsuspecting kittens, breaking hearts left and right, biting poor defenceless people, but he seems to like kids. His name is Mr Fluffington. He’s Gege’s pet. Do you mind looking after him?

Little Girl: *Excited Nod* Oh did Hu-Gege get Grandpa’s Sword.

Agent 1: Yep and Gege has it in his care, so don’t worry, ok? All you need to do is rest.

Little girl: OK! Yi will rest - oh! Is Mr Fluff going to eat now?

*The girl points to the Doggy bowls, one filled with the prized deluxe sushi and the other with the perfumed smell of Sacred Shaojiu*

Agent 1: Yep! And after that he's going to play and protect you while I'm gone. Ok?
Little Girl: OK!!! Yi and Mr Fluff will be good friends!!!

*Huxian shoots the agent a look at the fact he’s forced to use dog bowls of all things, but, rolling his eyes, he jumps down to where they’re placed, eating and drinking from them with the grace of royalty, if only to rub the others nose in it that he’s far superior to any dog.*

Little Girl: Is Mr fluff angry?

Agent 1: *At Huxian* Don’t blame me, I only placed it down. I’m not the one who made or decided to serve it in that manner.

*To the girl* And no, he’s just mad it wasn't served with gold leaf and on a silver platter.

Littler Girl: ???

Agent 1: Never mind honey. Well, I’ll be on my way now, there’s still work I need to do.

*With those words the agent left, door clicking behind him.*

Little Girl:*Flat look* So…. Gege…. Why you are a cutie fluff fluff fox now?

*Licking his lips to gather the last few grains of rice from his muzzle, Huxian turned to look at the girl, allowing a fanged smile to cross his face*

Huxian: Ah, should have known that you wouldn’t be fooled. Shame, I wanted to see your expression in finding out. Oh well...there are still those other girls, I suppose.

[End]

No comments:

Post a Comment